Cool stuff you just bought thread
The true purpose of this thread is to show off to others. :V
Use pictures too.

I would show my beatmania IIDX controller but I got that one like a month ago so it's not exactly recent. Not much I can show off except for this. :c
I guess this is where I'll post pics of the new anime I buy. Too bad I don't have a camera that's worth a damn. This is the only purchase I made in the last couple months that I bothered to take a pic of. Too bad I ended up not enjoying the entire show.
Other than steam I don't... buy things. I don't even pirate things. I just sort of pass all my time on youtube and steam games.

I replaced my mouse with another one just like it... I finally got my first suit for a wedding, but it's... just a boring old suit. Before those... I think the last thing I bought was the mouse that I had to replace. No joke.

I'm planning on buying that new 3ds zelda game and layton vs. wright some time in the next month or two.

I think I probably have to try and replace a Rock Band guitar, too.
I mostly just but some stuff on Steam. So far the only exceptions will probably be food and textbooks.

However I did just buy a game called Minimum. I heard from a friend that it is pretty good.
I pretty much like my Logitech G19 Keyboard
My tablet has been pretty much unusable for the last 2 or so weeks so I got this new friend.
http://i.imgur.com/t9QYVO4.jpg also webcam quality strong
Here's the rest of the anime I've bought this year so far (that have arrived).

For those that can't make them out, top to bottom, left to right: The Devil is a Part Timer! Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition, Spice and Wolf Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics Edition, Good Luck Girl! Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition, Accel World Sets 1 & 2 Blu-ray, Tiger & Bunny Sets 1 & 2 Blu-ray.
ugh Minimum is so frustrating because it's bad right now but I know there's a good game underneath.

They went into full release and a sale presumably because they were hurting for cash, but it's still blatantly beta with all the grayed-out menu buttons and unimplemented-but-visible features. And the game is horribly balanced both because no one on staff seems to be a dedicated competitive-multiplayer game designer and because they're too busy implementing the aforementioned unfinished stuff to worry about balance anyway.

There's a lot of weird anti-patterns and there's a very clear ideal strategy which is low-interaction and involves dumb, counterintuitive stuff like trying to get your sentry gun killed and taking upgrades with -moveSpeed for melee combat.

The controls and engine are really solid so I have hopes for the game but after about 2 hours I'm definitely done with where it is right now.

---

I liked Spice and Wolf but I felt like it was a little too soap-opera-y for its own good. It could have gone from "good" to "timeless classic" IMO if they spent a little more time in the mundane world it tantalizingly crafted. My favorite scenes were when the two protagonists were just in town handling ordinary everyday affairs.

---

Slayer, I must ask, why would you need 5TB of solid state memory?
Oh nice of you to buy me a new drive :)
>Etsy Order Status: Not Shipped
Damn you vintage baubles I want you to ship faster so I can flaunt you here.
Another card for the card god! Worth about $25, one of the better ones I've opened. Will probably trade this one off. The pins are cool too. I'm not really a pin type of person, though.
greasyi said:
ugh Minimum is so frustrating because it's bad right now but I know there's a good game underneath.

They went into full release and a sale presumably because they were hurting for cash, but it's still blatantly beta with all the grayed-out menu buttons and unimplemented-but-visible features. And the game is horribly balanced both because no one on staff seems to be a dedicated competitive-multiplayer game designer and because they're too busy implementing the aforementioned unfinished stuff to worry about balance anyway.

There's a lot of weird anti-patterns and there's a very clear ideal strategy which is low-interaction and involves dumb, counterintuitive stuff like trying to get your sentry gun killed and taking upgrades with -moveSpeed for melee combat.

The controls and engine are really solid so I have hopes for the game but after about 2 hours I'm definitely done with where it is right now.
I did read that balance was an issue (especially if you come into the game late) though I was hoping that was fixed due to the full release.

Well that and a lot of the steam reviews were pretty positive so that was another factor.

So is the balancing as bad as Gunz was (assuming you played that game)?

EDIT: And to stay on topic I bought a subway sandwich today >___>
TakyonH said:
Gunz
tfw kstyling
Two of the more interesting things within 5 feet of my desk.
It's been a long, long time since I played Gunz but I remember my main issue with that was that it wasn't very satisfying in the core gameplay independent of map and weaponry; getting around effectively felt more like completely glitching the hell out of the game rather than using a deliberately-designed competitive system.

From that perspective Minimum is way better because moving around and damaging people feels much more intentional. This is mostly because there is no wonky movement that can break, it's just WASD with jump, (basically useless) crouch, a forward sprint, and some weapons give you a forward dash or high jump. Like Team Fortress 2, this core of simple movement lets the mechanics of the different weapons shine through.

The main issues come from bad numbers and a seeming lack of care for how the "weapon core" mechanic affects their assumptions about balance and player interaction.
New anime get.

And this one came with a 96-page artbook that includes an exclusive manga.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also bought a really cheap digital camera, but it's, uhh... hard to take a picture of it.
Mindwipe said:
New anime get.

Oh, is that like a ripoff of Deadman Wonderland? spoiler
Mindwipe said:
New anime get.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also bought a really cheap digital camera, but it's, uhh... hard to take a picture of it.
that was a fun anime
This came a few weeks ago, but I had to pack her back up to move.

She also has nice packaging.
TakyonH said:
Oh, is that like a ripoff of Deadman Wonderland? spoiler
Not sure if this is a joke or what, but... no. Not even close.

PomPom said:

SQUEEEEEEE! I want one!
Mindwipe said:
SQUEEEEEEE! I want one!
Scored pretty well on Plamoya. If only the rest of the persona girls weren't like $150 each T_T

Mindwipe said:
New anime get.
I really wish that show had been longer, it was interesting but so short. Season 2 soon?

Edit:My etsy order shipped!
Mindwipe said:
Not sure if this is a joke or what, but... no. Not even close.
Takyon said:
huehuehuehue
Safe bet

PomPom said:

Glasses on figs are the best! Really need to find a space for my drossels in my new room.
PomPom said:
Scored pretty well on Plamoya. If only the rest of the persona girls weren't like $150 each T_T
But why would you want any girl besides Yukiko? D:
Mindwipe said:
But why would you want any girl besides Yukiko? D:
:D
Oh noes! My collection has officially grown too large for my shelf! What do I doooooooooo?! D:

Also, I knew this camera was too cheap to be any good, but WOW. My room is NOT that poorly-lit.
TakyonH said:
Gunz
tfw kstyling
Yeah that really ruined the game for me. I just used regular guns and that made using the guns unplayable.

PomPom said:

I'm pretty sure I saw some of those in an arcade machine when I went to Japan. I actually should have won a Chie one but the claw didn't have enough strength in it to pick the box up *cough*cheaters*cough*
greasyi said:
Slayer, I must ask, why would you need 5TB of solid state memory?
Image storage and never have to worry bout I/O issues. Push 1gbit+ images

Anno1404 said:
Oh nice of you to buy me a new drive :)
No, mine!
strangeperson said:

I'm pretty sure I saw some of those in an arcade machine when I went to Japan. I actually should have won a Chie one but the claw didn't have enough strength in it to pick the box up *cough*cheaters*cough*
This ain't prize figure quality, son. But you can still buy them lol. They just don't look as nice as the regular scale figures.

Edit: Dammit mailman why is my stuff still "out for delivery"? I want it now.

Edit Edit: It was delivered to the front office of my apartment complex after hours. I have to wait until tomorrow. *headdesk*
I sort of wish I had any idea what any of those animes/characters were so I could chime in. =\ I must be the most oblivious to animu and mango of any japanophile in the world.