Vent room (guidelines in opening post)
Mod edit:

The purpose of the Vent Room is for a user to share their problems and (perhaps) solve them. It is not a place for someone to vent their issue if is likely to cause more problems. If that is unclear, here are some general guidelines you can look at to determine if you should post your issue here.

- Do not continue arguments from elsewhere on the site.

- Do not target specific users from the site.

- Do not vent about extremely sensitive topics such as politics, religion, abortion, etc. which have a high chance of causing drama.

- Keep it civil. Venting is not an excuse to be rude and obnoxious.

This is only a generalized list, and is not all inclusive. At the end of the day, this is an unofficial thread in a hypnosis and mind control fetish forum. If you have a complicated issue, this is probably not the right place to discuss it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After going through what happened with Yuu-chan in my head so many times, I realized how amazing this community could be. But, I also realized that we don't know what goes on in the heads of some of our fellow members. We don't really know someone on the Internet and we don't know what problems they have. I want to change that. I don't know if this sort of thing is allowed but I want it to be up here. I'll be the listening ear if you have a problem and need to get it out. I want to help everyone on here if they have a problem. I know that not everyone will want to open up instantly but I want to help out as much as I can.
I'll start.
I rarely comment, even though I want to be part of the community and I can't post till I get my monitor tablet and slowly learn what the fuck I'm doing (fine arts major, very little digital art history.)
Guess that's my story.
If there was a way to take every loli and shotacon picture on this site, dump them into a pile and then fucking roasted them, that'd be just grand.
Contorted said:
If there was a way to take every loli and shotacon picture on this site, dump them into a pile and then fucking roasted them, that'd be just grand.
Agreed
Along with people who mistag small breasts as loli :^)
Man, 40+ Degrees Celcius in Germany. I seriously could need a vent room right now. Too bad the people in here keep on bringing the heat ;P.

Contorted said:
If there was a way to take every loli and shotacon picture on this site, dump them into a pile and then fucking roasted them, that'd be just grand.
Yo dawg, have ye herd of ze blacklist function? It iz so demn kewl ;P.
Sorry mate, one of the reasons the Hub was created... IS because it's possible to upload loli/shota pictures on it, something that the booru lacked. It's even the topic that kickstarted the whole idea of migrating to a new and better plattform in the first place ^^.
I wish I could draw well.

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/SEIBAA-136831784?_sid=4187ead9 (Done in 2007)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/Morrigan-sama-138026413?_sid=3fc78e7c (Done 2007-2008)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/OC-Bianca-in-a-Bikini-154866525?_sid=272e8283 (Done in 2010)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/Yui-sama-in-2-22-165473073?_sid=2af39b4d (Done 2010-2011)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/ProcrastiComic-293067928?_sid=5367165b (Done in 2013)

I see all the amazing artists, and see my work (which I feel like I've hit a ceiling in regards to quality), and I get irritated that my hands can't seem to transfer the ideas from my head to paper. It really sucks, and though I have a lot more talent when it comes to writing, fewer people are interested in literature and short fiction than they are drawings/sketches/visually-based art.

If I was better at drawing, I'd be making my own hypnosis art. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. >.<
DrgnmastrAlex said:
I wish I could draw well.

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/SEIBAA-136831784?_sid=4187ead9 (Done in 2007)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/Morrigan-sama-138026413?_sid=3fc78e7c (Done 2007-2008)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/OC-Bianca-in-a-Bikini-154866525?_sid=272e8283 (Done in 2010)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/Yui-sama-in-2-22-165473073?_sid=2af39b4d (Done 2010-2011)

http://drgnmastralex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/ProcrastiComic-293067928?_sid=5367165b (Done in 2013)

I see all the amazing artists, and see my work (which I feel like I've hit a ceiling in regards to quality), and I get irritated that my hands can't seem to transfer the ideas from my head to paper. It really sucks, and though I have a lot more talent when it comes to writing, fewer people are interested in literature and short fiction than they are drawings/sketches/visually-based art.

If I was better at drawing, I'd be making my own hypnosis art. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. >.<
Looking at your gallery; I notice that your examples are almost the only pieces of art present. Do you tend to draw one or two things, get discouraged, and give up for a while before trying again? That used to happen to me pretty badly, and my artwork remained stuck at a dreadfully low level for years. After I started drawing more frequently over the last year or so, my quality has been gradually improving.

If you want to improve your artwork, you have to challenge yourself to keep drawing regularly even if you hate how your drawings turn out. It can probably also help to watch how others draw; seeing a drawing in progress is a lot more informative than a lot of step by step art lessons you'll find online.
Changer said:
Looking at your gallery; I notice that your examples are almost the only pieces of art present. Do you tend to draw one or two things, get discouraged, and give up for a while before trying again? That used to happen to me pretty badly, and my artwork remained stuck at a dreadfully low level for years. After I started drawing more frequently over the last year or so, my quality has been gradually improving.
Yeah, that's essentially what I go through when I draw. I haven't drawn anything in about two years because of that.

I know that if I keep drawing and practicing, I'll improve, or at least that's the working theory. But honestly, I've given up on it. I improved to a point, then I couldn't break that ceiling I mentioned, and it felt like I was getting worse. Seeing Yuu-chan, who has considerable talent and actually looks like she's getting even better, reminded me of that.

Ultimately, I don't think I'm cut out for visual art, which is why I've devoted my time to writing. Buuuut I deal with procrastination on that, so... XD
Well today's been a bit of a shocker.
Started off badly because I said something stupid to yuu-chan and instantly regretted it so I panicked all night and felt like crap in the morning. I managed to sort that out eventually but then someone made me feel bad about myself by claiming that my sexuality doesn't exist and is just a made up word to seem special, which really hurt.

After that I kinda had a but of trouble because there's a person I really like, but I don't really know them that well. All I know is that when I speak to them my heart starts racing and I feel something I haven't felt in a long time. This led to a couple of people speculating on who that person might be which made me feel uncomfortable and then when the person themselves asked if it was them, I panicked and straight up lied :/ since then I've just felt terrible and I went to sleep earlier genuinely wishing that I'd die in my sleep and never wake up. I'm feeling relatively better now but still not great.
locustshoes said:
I managed to sort that out eventually but then someone made me feel bad about myself by claiming that my sexuality doesn't exist and is just a made up word to seem special, which really hurt.
A whole lot of things we give definitions to exist primarily in our minds, but that doesn't make them invalid. Especially not something like sexuality. If it's how you feel regarding what does or doesn't get you off, then it's your sexuality. Hell, it doesn't even have to be pegged down to one name, it can fall anywhere on any different number of scales - How much are you into men? How often? How about women? How about sex itself? How about fantasies? Which fantasies?

There are so many different umbrellas under which one's sexuality can fall, disregarding a whole category sounds ignorant to me.
bleh I had a complete breakdown today. I still feel bad about lying to the person, and I think it's managed to completely throw off the delicate emotional balance I've had going for me. I think i'll probably need time to re-stabilise my emotions before i'd ever be ready to tell them though.
Last night I popped in on Penken and Zyii's multi stream and immediately went into panic mode... There were so many people there, including P.Chronos who I'd absolutely love to have met and talked to there, and the art Pen and Zyii was doing just looked so awesome that I just broke down and had to leave... I really really like both Pen and Zyii, and I felt like such an ass that I can't enjoy their streams or their art... It makes me feel like I'm a bad friend...
Yuu-chan said:
Last night I popped in on Penken and Zyii's multi stream and immediately went into panic mode... There were so many people there, including P.Chronos who I'd absolutely love to have met and talked to there, and the art Pen and Zyii was doing just looked so awesome that I just broke down and had to leave... I really really like both Pen and Zyii, and I felt like such an ass that I can't enjoy their streams or their art... It makes me feel like I'm a bad friend...
Sounds like me with cupcake992. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. It was around then that I gave up on drawing, and decided to fully invest my talent in writing.

Yuu, you're a great artist, and you do excellent work with giving your art a cute and sexy feel, sometimes with some playful naughtiness. That's not easy to do.

I know you look up to them, but take pride in your talents and follow your own path. Don't let yourself be intimidated; be inspired.

I know it'll be harder than I make it sound, but you do have a fan base on here, and you've seen that we want you to do well. ^^
As of now, I'm fighitng off boredom while I wait to ship off for Marine Corps Boot Camp. :/

Also, tomorrow, I'm going to test for my driver's license (I'm such a loser for not getting one at 16 years of age [sarcasm implied]). So wish this idiot some luck, or not.
someguy231 said:
As of now, I'm fighitng off boredom while I wait to ship off for Marine Corps Boot Camp. :/

Also, tomorrow, I'm going to test for my driver's license (I'm such a loser for not getting one at 16 years of age [sarcasm implied]). So wish this idiot some luck, or not.
Stay safe during your travels, someguy. No spook intended... but I wonder what the penalty would be if someone hypothetically found you browsing this site over there o_O .

Also, I feel that frustration all too well. The best of luck to you!
Dr_Mabuse said:
Stay safe during your travels, someguy. No spook intended... but I wonder what the penalty would be if someone hypothetically found you browsing this site over there o_O .

Also, I feel that frustration all too well. The best of luck to you!
I'd more than likely get bashed about my "Kinks." But, the main thing is that it's a brotherhood of some sort, so more than likely I'll just get fucked with. Besides, It's not like it's command's job to be on the lookout of what type of porn one man watches. That'd be weird.
someguy231 said:
I'd more than likely get bashed about my "Kinks." But, the main thing is that it's a brotherhood of some sort, so more than likely I'll just get fucked with. Besides, It's not like it's command's job to be on the lookout of what type of porn one man watches. That'd be weird.
Yeah, when you mention that, my theory suddenly sounds more perverted than any individual's choice of porn xD
Dr_Mabuse said:
Yeah, when you mention that, my theory suddenly sounds more perverted than any individual's choice of porn xD
Oh boy...
I always assumed the government kept a list of the porn that people watched. Totally not for voyeuristic purposes of course >_>
My insecurities have been quite high lately and I've been kinda worried that the person I like doesn't like me at all and finds me irritating (it's happened before) so i'm trying to avoid contact for a while. Feelings are the worst. They always result in my insecurities and depression coming to the fore.
I can't find my iPod!!
Psi said:
I can't find my iPod!!
Better hope a cute girl doesn't find it and start listening to all those induction files on it.
Psi said:
I can't find my iPod!!
I wanted to say something, but the reference would end up being offensive. (HINT: has to do with the word "an")
I don't want to learn English linguistics. In depth academic analysis of syllables makes my head hurt <.<...
Got the License down, now I have to endure 13 weeks of hell. Bring it!
someguy231 said:
Got the License down, now I have to endure 13 weeks of hell. Bring it!
You got this! Best wishes once more.
Today I ended up making a complete ass of myself and I left the Hypno Artist Skype chat, and now I'm afraid one of my best friends and someone who I really want to be friends with both hate me...
I feel like I don't do enough. I want to draw. I want to write. I want to produce content, but I'm so slow and methodical and I know it and I judge myself based on it and intimidate myself into complete creative paralysis. What's worse is that I keep coming up with these excuses. I was working on this, I had to be on standby for that, I had unexpected visitors... it seems like the only time I make a status update is to apologize and offer another lame excuse for my lack of content when I should have enough time to do something inbetween. I have a backlog of things I want do draw and write for myself and for others and it keeps getting bigger and bigger with each new piece I procrastinate.

I want to produce content, I really do, but I keep sabotaging myself and I don't know how to stop.
I'm just someone who doesn't have the confidence for shit.

Nevermind actually using this thread for what it's meant to be. XD
.....
Not, not that that's anything too unusual. I hate it, too. but I can't do anything about it. Any and every tme I try? I freeze up.

//is too scared to be snapped on for stupid shit.

//hides