This sounds like the sort of thing the people that underwrite event insurance should know about
averageguy17 said:
AHhhhhh GLITTER! FUCKING GLITTER!
I accidentally bought glittered wrapping paper once. I took my office secret santa present into work and was still finding glitter in my bag months later.

My vent is I was working a stall on Rezzed this weekend and managed to narrowly miss meeting both Tim Schafer and Jullian Gollop ;-;
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
This sounds like the sort of thing the people that underwrite event insurance should know about
I'm pretty sure that they do now, after having so many problems with glitter...

EdgeOfTheMoon said:
I accidentally bought glittered wrapping paper once. I took my office secret santa present into work and was still finding glitter in my bag months later.

My vent is I was working a stall on Rezzed this weekend and managed to narrowly miss meeting both Tim Schafer and Jullian Gollop ;-;
Yeah, I remember the same happened to me. Took forever for the glitter to finally go away.

Also, man that sucks. I don't really play any of the types of games they've designed (though I do own Grim Fandango, I should probably play that someday...) but hopefully you'll get the chance to see them in the future!
So I see this terrifying pattern in Overwatch where every person who has that silver and gold portrait around their character icon has gotten every trophy/achievement in Dark Souls III and Bloodborne.

If you follow this trend, I think you are a robot and have no soul. Please stay away from me.

(This is why I stopped playing OW for a while. It isn’t always Humans playing, sometimes it’s fucking robots.)

DISCLAIMER: I SUCK AT OVERWATCH AND THIS IS JUST ME GETTING FRUSTRATED AT LOSING. But for real tho...between these guys, the guys in comp and the E-Leauge they serious don’t feel human to me.
Defcon7 said:
So I see this terrifying pattern in Overwatch where every person who has that silver and gold portrait around their character icon has gotten every trophy/achievement in Dark Souls III and Bloodborne.

If you follow this trend, I think you are a robot and have no soul. Please stay away from me.

(This is why I stopped playing OW for a while. It isn’t always Humans playing, sometimes it’s fucking robots.)

DISCLAIMER: I SUCK AT OVERWATCH AND THIS IS JUST ME GETTING FRUSTRATED AT LOSING. But for real tho...between these guys, the guys in comp and the E-Leauge they serious don’t feel human to me.
Getting all the trophies In dark souls doesn't really require much skill tho...It's more of an annoying grind than anything.
Sleepyhead97 said:
Getting all the trophies In dark souls doesn't really require much skill tho...It's more of an annoying grind than anything.
I'm stuck on the final boss of the dlc in bloodborne and i need to beat it in order to fully plat it.

(ಥ ͜ʖಥ)
Argonis said:
I'm stuck on the final boss of the dlc in bloodborne and i need to beat it in order to fully plat it.

(ಥ ͜ʖಥ)
Yeah, lets just ignore the DLC achievements. That boss gives me nightmares to this day.
Sleepyhead97 said:
Well then I guess I just fucking suck at video games in general... :/
Sleepyhead97 said:
Yeah, lets just ignore the DLC achievements. That boss gives me nightmares to this day.
I wish i could but it will say like 80% done if i don't complete it and hurts me to see it that way.
averageguy17 said:
Also, man that sucks. I don't really play any of the types of games they've designed (though I do own Grim Fandango, I should probably play that someday...) but hopefully you'll get the chance to see them in the future!
Grim Fandango is my favourite thing from Schafer. Such a unique premise done so well. And fingers crossed! Some people at work got to have breakfast with Schafer at some Bafta thing so hopefully I have an in
It's my late sister's birthday tomorrow and it's always really hard for me
Aaaaaaagh I hate waiting for commissions! I wish they could just be ready now.
Pinkanator said:
It's my late sister's birthday tomorrow and it's always really hard for me
I couldn't imagine life without my sister. I wish you strength, and that happy memories of her may outweigh the loss tomorrow.
someguy231 said:
It's extremely infuriating when I plan a D&D session with someone and no one in the party shows up cause they decided that staying up all night THEN sleeping during the time I run D&D is more important than actually finishing the story. I honestly think that everyone is working against me and it is now driving me insane
Just start putting in legit crazy shit like a Scottish Ogre or super stupid quests next time to fuck with them. Have the backstory of an item like a magic sword be that it once belonged to a god who killed all his UNGRATEFUL FRIENDS WHO DECIDED TO RUIN HIS HARD WORK! More or less guilt trip them.

Also that sucks, sorry to hear that :(
I know I'm a weirdo for playing an MMO while simultaneously trying to avoid playing with other players, but man I wish I didn't have to do so many multiplayer dungeons to progress through FFXIV. You wouldn't think social anxiety would bleed over into an activity where I'm literally under no obligation to communicate with anyone, but I have this constant fear of letting people down even in mundane situations, which makes playing with a group of strangers more nerve wracking than it should be. And I'm playing as a tank class, which means if I do a bad job, my party knows it.

I just wanna get to level 50 so I can change my job to Red Mage, like I wanted from the start.
Mindwipe said:
I know I'm a weirdo for playing an MMO while simultaneously trying to avoid playing with other players, but man I wish I didn't have to do so many multiplayer dungeons to progress through FFXIV. You wouldn't think social anxiety would bleed over into an activity where I'm literally under no obligation to communicate with anyone, but I have this constant fear of letting people down even in mundane situations, which makes playing with a group of strangers more nerve wracking than it should be. And I'm playing as a tank class, which means if I do a bad job, my party knows it.

I just wanna get to level 50 so I can change my job to Red Mage, like I wanted from the start.
Good thing though, you're the tank and thus get all the boni + your queue time is incredibly low. Waiting half an hour as a WHM for the ARR final instance was shite, imagine the queue as DPS, aka 2 hour queue <.< (all depends on the server too though, chaos louisoix here)

Also vent room specific, getting married in FFXIV is a fucking fetch quest and takes a week to wait for too, realistic, but annoying the shit out of me, especially the part that you need to attend at a specific time.
Sophia said:
Good thing though, you're the tank and thus get all the boni + your queue time is incredibly low. Waiting half an hour as a WHM for the ARR final instance was shite, imagine the queue as DPS, aka 2 hour queue <.< (all depends on the server too though, chaos louisoix here)

Also vent room specific, getting married in FFXIV is a fucking fetch quest and takes a week to wait for too, realistic, but annoying the shit out of me, especially the part that you need to attend at a specific time.
Joining Sophia's vent(s).
I hit 50 and switched to samurai because playing a tank is a bit stressful, but those que times are awful and there are way too many dungeons through the main quests.
and getting married wasn't just your average fetch quest, it's an advanced fetch quest.
@GenericName

Ooops, kinda late but don't worry, I've been told that pretty quick. I'm still kind of new to the community and forum aspects of this site, so I managed to not know "comments" refer to the actual comment section T n T)

I just got weird rather fast
Mindwipe said:

Go run palace of the dead, it can be run with pretty much any team composition, and even tanks/healers typically just go into "act like a DPS" mode

Obviously, learn how to avoid traps and stuff, but diffusion of responsibility helps take care of that whole "everything depends on the tank being perfect" mindset, and even in the case of a party wipe, you get ejected out fast enough that no one's going to yell at you

for best results, keep running floors 51-60, better EXP for your time and lower risks of things going pear-shaped

Incidentally, what servers do the FFXIV players play on here? I'm on Sargatanas and lately have been in a kind of boring funk regarding the game, just doing my daily expert roulette then logging off to watch netflix or something
ShadowSeraphim said:
Incidentally, what servers do the FFXIV players play on here? I'm on Sargatanas and lately have been in a kind of boring funk regarding the game, just doing my daily expert roulette then logging off to watch netflix or something
I'm in Primal, Diabolos.
This is me right now.

Days like these, I wonder if I have any skills at all that could be marketable and sustainable. I worry so much since my last job, which was supposed to be "one of the easier ones", left me so burnt out I don't even have any memory at all of January. Why am I such a try-hard-or-go-home type?
So, we've had a case of bad weather recently, and because of it there wasn't any real place to park, one of the parking lots was completely filled up with snow, despite them having the whole day to have cleaned it. So I had to park in a visitor parking. Guess what? I have two 40$ Citations because of it, even though I had no place to park because they didn't clean up one of the lots.
I’m fairly certain I’m becoming more and more mentally unstable by the day now. I’m slowly breaking down and there doesn’t seem to be any way to stop it. I take stuff but it’s just...not working.

I’m scared, and sad...
Defcon7 said:
I’m fairly certain I’m becoming more and more mentally unstable by the day now. I’m slowly breaking down and there doesn’t seem to be any way to stop it. I take stuff but it’s just...not working.

I’m scared, and sad...
I'm sorry to hear that. If you feel you are getting worse maybe you should talk to your doctor again.
I caught tonsillitis this monday and it's been gettin worse to the point of not being able to speak by now :I
Sophia said:
I caught tonsillitis this monday and it's been gettin worse to the point of not being able to speak by now :I
get better
drink warm fluids and eat soft foods.
Argonis said:
get better
drink warm fluids and eat soft foods.
Thanks! :)
and yeah im doing that
keep working on what your doing so you can make money for rent
you need more people commissioning you? get the word out spread it so people know your in business.
Its good you are able to get your commissioners the quality art they expect quickly
i don't mean to work yourself ragged but sometimes you gotta work overtime.
It saddens me that such a tragic event happened to you , all i can say is to look for an opportunity any opportunity to make where you are better.
I hope my words mean something to you and that they help you get through this hard time you are having.
Argonis said:
keep working on what your doing so you can make money for rent
you need more people commissioning you? get the word out spread it so people know your in business.
Its good you are able to get your commissioners the quality art they expect quickly
i don't mean to work yourself ragged but sometimes you gotta work overtime.
It saddens me that such a tragic event happened to you , all i can say is to look for an opportunity any opportunity to make where you are better.
I hope my words mean something to you and that they help you get through this hard time you are having.
it does, thank you so much omg
I just deleted a game on accident and now I gotta wait 4 hours for it to reinstall.

FACK!!