I am browsing the home audio section on eBay looking for 8 ohm tweeters.

*8 ohm*

NOT 4 ohm! NOT 6 ohm! NO! NOT 4 OHM! I need 8 ohm! I HAVE A HOME AMP NOT A CAR AMP YOU STUPID FUCKERS! It's designed to drive 8 ohm speakers!

8 Ohm tweeter rated at 100 watts please! Not 15 watts, not 30 watts. Not 60 watts either. NOT 100 watts peak! I want 100 watts RMS!

NO GODDAMMIT NOT 4 OHM!!! WHY ARE THESE IN THE HOME AUDIO SECTION?!

eBay you fucking suck for finding home speaker components.

In fact most places fucking suck for finding home speaker components because it's ALL ABOUT GODDAMN CAR AUDIO! Well goddamn car audio typically uses 4 ohm speakers, while amps use 8 ohm speakers. Most (good) home amps are designed for 8 ohm speakers and if you hook up 4 ohm speakers the amp can overheat or even blow the output transistors.

There are oodles of high power tweeters out there on many sites that sell speakers, BUT THEY'RE ALMOST ALL 4 OHM and I don't want an impedance mismatch! Local stores around here? CAR AUDIO! Even the local shady flea market? CAR AUDIO!

CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO ***CAR AUDIO!!!*** I happen to like listening to music in my goddamn house!
crazyman said:
so 2 week ago due to me complaining about the sudden amount of fees on my bill (which made no sense) my ISP shut off my connection. I just got it back yesterday, but it was a really annoying process
then where did you go, bro ;w;

where did you go ;w;

i miss you so much ;w;

this was 9 months ago ;w;
Today started out good. Got my stuff done at work and started chatting with a girl I matched with online. Then she stopped talking to me out of nowhere. Then the coworker I extremely dislike showed up for her shift (her presence sucks the joy out of me) and put me in a grumpy mood. Then I as I got home I had to pack up my car and head downtown for a wedding.

Really wanted to talk to that girl some more, but she was only interested in my Milo Thatch costume from Halloween. I just have no luck dating.
Honestly, why are there no more sci-fi/horror musicals anymore like "Rocky Horror" or "Little Shop of Horrors" Yes they're cheesy, but just enough that you can both take the threat seriously while having a good time singing along to the catchy songs. Too many horror/sci-fi are too serious today.

I had this thought while remembering "Mean, Green, Mother from Outer Space" and now I can't get it out of my head.

*sigh* I suppose they're just a sign of their times...
Allister said:
I am browsing the home audio section on eBay looking for 8 ohm tweeters.

*8 ohm*

NOT 4 ohm! NOT 6 ohm! NO! NOT 4 OHM! I need 8 ohm! I HAVE A HOME AMP NOT A CAR AMP YOU STUPID FUCKERS! It's designed to drive 8 ohm speakers!

8 Ohm tweeter rated at 100 watts please! Not 15 watts, not 30 watts. Not 60 watts either. NOT 100 watts peak! I want 100 watts RMS!

NO GODDAMMIT NOT 4 OHM!!! WHY ARE THESE IN THE HOME AUDIO SECTION?!

eBay you fucking suck for finding home speaker components.

In fact most places fucking suck for finding home speaker components because it's ALL ABOUT GODDAMN CAR AUDIO! Well goddamn car audio typically uses 4 ohm speakers, while amps use 8 ohm speakers. Most (good) home amps are designed for 8 ohm speakers and if you hook up 4 ohm speakers the amp can overheat or even blow the output transistors.

There are oodles of high power tweeters out there on many sites that sell speakers, BUT THEY'RE ALMOST ALL 4 OHM and I don't want an impedance mismatch! Local stores around here? CAR AUDIO! Even the local shady flea market? CAR AUDIO!

CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO CAR AUDIO ***CAR AUDIO!!!*** I happen to like listening to music in my goddamn house!
I know you said that you went to the local stores, but usually technology stores like best buy and stuff allow you to call other branches to see if they have anything as well and have it shipped to your branch. Have you tried that?
averageguy17 said:
Honestly, why are there no more sci-fi/horror musicals anymore like "Rocky Horror" or "Little Shop of Horrors" Yes they're cheesy, but just enough that you can both take the threat seriously while having a good time singing along to the catchy songs. Too many horror/sci-fi are too serious today.

I had this thought while remembering "Mean, Green, Mother from Outer Space" and now I can't get it out of my head.

*sigh* I suppose they're just a sign of their times...
Have you seen REPO: The Genetic Opera, its followup Devil's Carnival, or Stage Fright?
Dr_Mabuse said:
Have you seen REPO: The Genetic Opera, its followup Devil's Carnival, or Stage Fright?
Huh, no I haven't. Seems I might haven't been looking hard enough then. I'll watch them when I have the time to.
averageguy17 said:
I know you said that you went to the local stores, but usually technology stores like best buy and stuff allow you to call other branches to see if they have anything as well and have it shipped to your branch. Have you tried that?
There's a big problem with that.

I am looking for individual speaker components.The actual speaker drivers.

Stores like Best Buy sell speakers, but not parts for speakers. Well, not unless you're looking for ***CAR AUDIO*** where you can find oodles of speaker drivers in many different sizes.

But they're 4 ohm, or even less.

Now there are websites like Parts Express and Simply Speakers that do sell what I'm looking for, but the selection is somewhat limited, and the prices are ripoff level.

Amazon has speaker components made by a brand called Goldwood. They seem okay according to the reviews I could find, and are reasonably priced. However I know next to nothing about Goldwoods.

Ohhh but CAR TWEETERS?! A FREAKING DIME A DOZEN!
averageguy17 said:
Huh, no I haven't. Seems I might haven't been looking hard enough then. I'll watch them when I have the time to.
Here's more background should you need it
Feeling depressed after yesterday, but at least I'm off work today. Gonna work out a bit, play God of War 4, then tonight I have to drive over an hour south for a wedding.
So that migraine i had the other day seems to come back with a vengeance whenever I'm touching myself and about to climax (not always but enough to establish a pattern), which was also what triggered the first one it seemed like. Looking back, I feel like something like this happened to me like 10 years ago, and I had like a week of being unable to finish for fear of spontaneous headaches, so i'm hoping that's all i have to do here

only problem is the girl i started dating and i have finally got to "that phase" of our relationship, so this biological stipulation seems like a big fat "fuck you" to me and my frustrating lack of a sex life

and anxiety still won't shut up about saying stuff like "it's a brain tumor and you're going to die soon"
ShadowSeraphim said:
So that migraine i had the other day seems to come back with a vengeance whenever I'm touching myself and about to climax (not always but enough to establish a pattern), which was also what triggered the first one it seemed like. Looking back, I feel like something like this happened to me like 10 years ago, and I had like a week of being unable to finish for fear of spontaneous headaches, so i'm hoping that's all i have to do here

only problem is the girl i started dating and i have finally got to "that phase" of our relationship, so this biological stipulation seems like a big fat "fuck you" to me and my frustrating lack of a sex life

and anxiety still won't shut up about saying stuff like "it's a brain tumor and you're going to die soon"
I've actually heard of a medical condition like that. Can't recall much but if it keeps happening you may want to see a doctor cause if it's that regular it could be something. Hopefully noyt but better safe than sorry.
FUCK ME!

The guy doing our floors is working faster than we thought so my family is gonna move into my basement TOMORROW! FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!

As soon as this is over I'm gonna look for an apartment. I have to get out of this house.
DarkMask said:
FUCK ME!

The guy doing our floors is working faster than we thought so my family is gonna move into my basement TOMORROW! FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!

As soon as this is over I'm gonna look for an apartment. I have to get out of this house.
Jezz man super sorry to hear that.

Best of luck finding a new place
My PC is constantly locking up and freezing. Tried everything I can and it still keeps doing this and it's driving me fucking insane
The banging from the guy fixing our floors is driving me crazy!
He's been going since 7:30 this morning and it's 4:30 in the afternoon.
So glad I decided to stay home today.
Kiseren said:
My PC is constantly locking up and freezing. Tried everything I can and it still keeps doing this and it's driving me fucking insane
Updated recently on Win 10? Update 1803 was released and you may be running into problems with it, but there's also been another update to fix those problems today apparently
Lost $20 to the wind yesterday while going to the store, essentially I paid $24 for a pound of rice and some milk. Came home and now my laptop won't turn on. Just out of the blue. I'd replace it but I just spent my disposable income on a trip to California last week, only to spend three of five days sick with food poisoning.

I want a do-over.
Sophia said:
Updated recently on Win 10? Update 1803 was released and you may be running into problems with it, but there's also been another update to fix those problems today apparently
Windows 7 ultimate
@JTT I hope things turn around for you soon, jeez :/ talk about a stroke of bad luck...

I wish I could click with someone, really click with someone that doesn't have a libido that's off the charts. I wish I was better at handling and juggling things, balancing my conversations.

Fuck sex. Fuck people that "need it or they explode". I just want to enjoy myself, at my pace. And yes, fuck you, that is a slow-ass pace. Dumb boys...
Friye said:
I wish I could click with someone, really click with someone that doesn't have a libido that's off the charts. I wish I was better at handling and juggling things, balancing my conversations.

Fuck sex. Fuck people that "need it or they explode". I just want to enjoy myself, at my pace. And yes, fuck you, that is a slow-ass pace. Dumb boys...
Keep at it, you'll find someone.

DarkMask said:
The banging from the guy fixing our floors is driving me crazy!
He's been going since 7:30 this morning and it's 4:30 in the afternoon.
So glad I decided to stay home today.
Some maintenance was done at my place recently. They had to put a floor under the floor. Went from before I woke up to early afternoon. Couldn't even hear my music so I just grabbed some pizza and sat there waiting for them to finish.
I was bummed today because I thought I was gonna have to miss our company summer picnic this year cause it was the day I had to appear in court to pay off my speeding ticket. I take another look at my ticket to see what time I had to appear in court. I realize I read the date wrong. It was this past Monday not next Monday. Now my ticket probably costs more.

Bad news is I missed my court date and my fine is probably increased. Good news is I'll be able to make it to the company summer picnic.
Friye said:

As somebody with a strong libido (well, in my youth anyway) with a partner who had and still has a very modest libido, I can tell you that it takes understanding and patience, since compromise poses its own problems in this arena. Both parties need to have an understanding for each other's needs. I don't know your age but if you're searching for a young guy with a mild to moderate libido, you're going to have a tough time. I really feel for you.
I wanted to vent about this manga called Talantless Nana and other anime works that I think should be better. I just wish there was someone willing to chat with me about that.
JTT said:
As somebody with a strong libido (well, in my youth anyway) with a partner who had and still has a very modest libido, I can tell you that it takes understanding and patience, since compromise poses its own problems in this arena. Both parties need to have an understanding for each other's needs. I don't know your age but if you're searching for a young guy with a mild to moderate libido, you're going to have a tough time. I really feel for you.
I'm 25, and I've met guys with mild-ish libido's by now. I'm very picky though, fallen in love once, had two crushes in all my life. I feel like I could fall in love again, but all guys I click with on a proper level have libido's up the whazoo. I get "in the mood" properly maybe 6 times a year, and then it'll be a lot :T These guys seem to need sex twice a day, jack off up to 5x a day...

Ech, I'm chalking it up to me not being okay with my asexuality ^^; and my low libido. It's hard to remember that I'm not broken for being this way. Some days are easier than others.
Friye said:
I'm 25, and I've met guys with mild-ish libido's by now. I'm very picky though, fallen in love once, had two crushes in all my life. I feel like I could fall in love again, but all guys I click with on a proper level have libido's up the whazoo. I get "in the mood" properly maybe 6 times a year, and then it'll be a lot :T These guys seem to need sex twice a day, jack off up to 5x a day...

Ech, I'm chalking it up to me not being okay with my asexuality ^^; and my low libido. It's hard to remember that I'm not broken for being this way. Some days are easier than others.
Maybe signing up for an asexual singles website might be a good idea? Probably meet some cool people that way and form a relationship where sex isn’t such a huge thing.
geekgirl8 said:
Maybe signing up for an asexual singles website might be a good idea? Probably meet some cool people that way and form a relationship where sex isn’t such a huge thing.
This is good advice. I've got some ace friends and I know one of them met their partner at an ace singles night
Ouch.

One thing I am grateful for of the recent generation is moni-usb cords are replaceable. My asshole cat chews through everything. Lost a $70 pair of headphones because he chewed the wire. At least when he got the PS4 I just switched cables.

Good luck getting your control back Argy! Eff them effing rats!
@geekgirl8 + EdgeOfTheMoon, I am on Acebook :p rarely check it anymore as even there guys are either incapable of typing coherent sentences or do indeed still want sex. "less than average", but it is one of the first things they bring up in my experience if they are at all interesting :( (most often it's about having children too which, we just met, but I guess it's all cards on the table immediately?)

I browse the forums often enough when I'm getting in a real bad headspace (geddit?) again about it :)
Friye said:
I browse the forums often enough when I'm getting in a real bad headspace (geddit?) again about it :)
I feel you and respect you there. I'm adverse to intimacy and get really knotted up about being in this community. Sometimes when I'm in a good headspace I'm active, happy and try to be productive and kind to everyone but then other days I'll get super low and go through a manic break that causes me to delete my accounts and disavow this community because it is so counter to what I think and feel, but the obsession never embers out.

I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but I often find myself faking it to fit in. Pretending to be lewd where on good days I'm just fascinated by the psychological impact and indifferent to the sex and the bad where I am deeply repulsed by all around me and hate myself for being here.

No matter how it is for you, I hope you have more good days than bad and know that you're not alone. There's support all around you at all times!