Anon_3.141 said:
Oh... Those things... Yep. Time for another session in nightmare world trying to repress the memories...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
The song that causes muscle growth in those who listen to it. That's not nightmare land. That's my daily exercise routine.
Anon_3.141 said:
The song that causes muscle growth in those who listen to it. That's not nightmare land. That's my daily exercise routine.
I used it cause it sound like Eye, eye, eye.

I know that's not what it is but try getting it out of your head now.
Imasuky said:
I used it cause it sound like Eye, eye, eye.

I know that's not what it is but try getting it out of your head now.
Like I said: Daily exercise routine. That song's been stuck in my head for months.
Anon_3.141 said:
Like I said: Daily exercise routine. That song's been stuck in my head for months.
Even more manly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkezvGwI20
Anon_3.141 said:
Fair point. I counter with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqs6D0pn5Y
Good one. Going to drop this here before we get off topic
Those things were hilarious. They also introduced me to the Ayyy lmao meme.
I'm bored and a little angry but mostly sad about fictional characters and it makes me feel suuuuper dumb. Hey, anyone else get that thing where something really tragic or dramatic or otherwise fucked up happens to a character you really like, but it happens cause of a mind-control type of thing and you can't stop thinking about it, and how it's kinda sexy in its own way? Got that goin right now, and I'm absolutely overcome with grief over a damn video game story AH GEEZ.
DisasterDan said:
Hey, anyone else get that thing where something really tragic or dramatic or otherwise fucked up happens to a character you really like, but it happens cause of a mind-control type of thing and you can't stop thinking about it, and how it's kinda sexy in its own way?
All the time. It's actually kinda really unfortunate. Sorry you're going through that. :(

Uuuuugh I don't really use the forums because I'm avoidant as all get out but this is probably worth mentioning, or something, because it's not meeting a natural resolution.

I'm at something of an impasse.

I really want to contribute to the Hub with art to sort of give back for what it's done for me but it seems like every time I try I end up getting multiple comments that, rather than giving actual criticism (which I want, I want to get better), are just insulting my taste in subs. I have avoidant personality disorder and abysmally low self-esteem so every time this happens I start feeling like the Hub doesn't actually want me around and that I should stop trying to force myself into somewhere that I don't belong.

I know that preventing negative commentary on pictures is infeasible (and I wouldn't want to do it even if it was feasible) but I don't know what to do that would make it so that I don't feel like garbage every time I post. I'm considering just posting original characters so people don't have preconceived notions about whether or not a character should be a sub, but I woke up with a really excellent idea for a comic that I kind of want to draw and then post but it's characters that aren't on the Hub yet for whatever reason and it probably would be received similarly not well so I guess that's why I'm here.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.
DisasterDan said:
I'm bored and a little angry but mostly sad about fictional characters and it makes me feel suuuuper dumb. Hey, anyone else get that thing where something really tragic or dramatic or otherwise fucked up happens to a character you really like, but it happens cause of a mind-control type of thing and you can't stop thinking about it, and how it's kinda sexy in its own way? Got that goin right now, and I'm absolutely overcome with grief over a damn video game story AH GEEZ.
Pink has the same issue it's why I had to tell him to stop reading my one CYOA, he was getting way to upset by what was happening to the main character in it.
I just learned for the first time the horrors of updating your OS. I can't open Torchlight 2 anymore. Fucking hell, this was the only modern game I can run respectably.
GrandDad said:
I just learned for the first time the horrors of updating your OS. I can't open Torchlight 2 anymore. Fucking hell, this was the only modern game I can run respectably.
That sucks super bad.
Orion said:
All the time. It's actually kinda really unfortunate. Sorry you're going through that. :(

Uuuuugh I don't really use the forums because I'm avoidant as all get out but this is probably worth mentioning, or something, because it's not meeting a natural resolution.

I'm at something of an impasse.

I really want to contribute to the Hub with art to sort of give back for what it's done for me but it seems like every time I try I end up getting multiple comments that, rather than giving actual criticism (which I want, I want to get better), are just insulting my taste in subs. I have avoidant personality disorder and abysmally low self-esteem so every time this happens I start feeling like the Hub doesn't actually want me around and that I should stop trying to force myself into somewhere that I don't belong.

I know that preventing negative commentary on pictures is infeasible (and I wouldn't want to do it even if it was feasible) but I don't know what to do that would make it so that I don't feel like garbage every time I post. I'm considering just posting original characters so people don't have preconceived notions about whether or not a character should be a sub, but I woke up with a really excellent idea for a comic that I kind of want to draw and then post but it's characters that aren't on the Hub yet for whatever reason and it probably would be received similarly not well so I guess that's why I'm here.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.
My advice? Fuccem. The hypno fetish is more fun when it involves characters who don't normally submit to anyone, or are "too pure" to mess with :P

Gets that evil feeling in the pit of your id going, and in that's super!
Dr_Mabuse said:
My advice? Fuccem. The hypno fetish is more fun when it involves characters who don't normally submit to anyone, or are "too pure" to mess with :P

Fuckin' THIS^

Ignore the haters, maybe imply that it's their problem if they're getting upset about subjective aspects of art that they didn't pay for, but whatever you do, fuck 'em.

Act like you don't give a shit and you will become the person you pretend to be.
Orion said:
Assuming that your condition prevents you from going full YOLO, I have two ideas: one is to hide the picture from the front page, the other is to just throw it into the vacuum of the Hub and not view the comments.

One other thing to keep in mind is that if they're complaining about the subject, it means your art is good and they likely just want you to draw the characters they like. Anger is the currency of the Internet.
I've got good news and bad news.

Bad news, I'm a chronic insomniac, and everybody wants me to stop being on my computer from sundown onward.

Good news, I've found an app, f.lux, that is a blue light filter for PC. While it hasn't improved the quantity of my sleep so far, it has massively improved the quality of it. I stopped randomly waking up during the night and taking half an hour to go back to sleep. Plus, it's easier on the eyes.

Speaking of sleep, it's 3 AM and I should go to sleep. Could afford a late night cause no classes this morning, only this afternoon.

Take care!
ElisaSky said:

Bad news, I'm a chronic insomniac, and everybody wants me to stop being on my computer from sundown onward.

Good news, I've found an app, f.lux, that is a blue light filter for PC. While it hasn't improved the quantity of my sleep so far, it has massively improved the quality of it. I stopped randomly waking up during the night and taking half an hour to go back to sleep. Plus, it's easier on the eyes.

Speaking of sleep, it's 3 AM and I should go to sleep. Could afford a late night cause no classes this morning, only this afternoon.

Take care!
Glad to hear that! Just be wary though, as I heard (I never used it myself) that it can cause some sites to look weird because of the filter.
If you have prescription eyewear, you can get lenses that filter blue light, too.
Dr_Mabuse said:

I'm glad someone agrees with me. >>; I'm a huge sucker for turning the tables so when the character that usually controls others is the one getting controlled I'm like, Hell Yes.
Thanks. :)

liquidhobo said:
Ignore the haters, maybe imply that it's their problem if they're getting upset about subjective aspects of art that they didn't pay for, but whatever you do, fuck 'em.

Act like you don't give a shit and you will become the person you pretend to be.
I might have some trouble with this but it's worth at least trying, heh. Thank you.

Sir_Lurksalaot said:
Assuming that your condition prevents you from going full YOLO, I have two ideas: one is to hide the picture from the front page, the other is to just throw it into the vacuum of the Hub and not view the comments.

One other thing to keep in mind is that if they're complaining about the subject, it means your art is good and they likely just want you to draw the characters they like. Anger is the currency of the Internet.
It kinda does... I can go, like, half-YOLO but if I try to go full YOLO my brain starts making pterodactyl screeching noises. I might just start hiding the fandom content; if I make original stuff I don't think anybody checks the "original" tag regularly and it doesn't really fall victim to the same issues, but with fandom tags people are going in looking for... y'know, that kind of stuff.
And, I'd never thought of it that way before. That's really helpful, actually, thanks.

I'm really grateful for all the advice. Back to the, uh, literal drawing board, as it were, badumtss.
ElisaSky said:

Take care!
What I did was, since I have to wear glasses because of a lazy eye, I just had my optometrist put the blue light filter into the lenses of my glasses. Sure, now everything looks like it's been tinted yellow when I'm not looking through the lenses, but at least I'm cutting out the blue light from my computer screen.

Sir_Lurksalaot said:
If you have prescription eyewear, you can get lenses that filter blue light, too.
^This is basically what I've got.

averageguy17 said:
Glad to hear that! Just be wary though, as I heard (I never used it myself) that it can cause some sites to look weird because of the filter.
Everything has a yellow tinge to it now... I'd agree that that's a bit "weird".
why are wings so difficult to draw sHRIEKING
Auri said:
do lego wings

no one will notice
averageguy17 said:
Things look weird with it, but it's okay. Me getting some good sleep is worth the little inconvenience of having games or websites to look different. I can get used to that more easily than get used to doing anything through severe sleep deprivation. In fact, in years I've never gotten used to being functional in a state of severe sleep deprivation.
Auri said:
Use ALLLL the references! And don't put em in weird poses or have them be damaged from the sketch on out. Leather wings on humanoid: check out Tyldak from ElfQuest! Or maybe bats. Feather wings, find an eagle (not an angel!) or another bird to copy from. And glass wings: love me some dragonflies~
Don't get too upset if it doesn't look how you envisioned it, because chances are you learned something! And better yet if you learned a lot, you probably envisioned it wrong before ;) either way it's a win cuz you lerned a ting!

I'm home with stomach flu after a particularly bad head cold I'm not quite over yet and just broke up with my boyfriend so I should feel like crap, right? ... Then why do I feel weird/guilty about feeling pretty great (apart from the flu thing)?
Orion said:
It kinda does... I can go, like, half-YOLO but if I try to go full YOLO my brain starts making pterodactyl screeching noises.
The idea of pterodactyl noises amuse me, but yeah. Seeing all the posts that told you to dismiss haters was kinda awkward when you already said you had an illness where you literally can't dismiss haters.

We're a loooooooooong way from having even a basic understanding of mental illness.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
The idea of pterodactyl noises amuse me, but yeah. Seeing all the posts that told you to dismiss haters was kinda awkward when you already said you had an illness where you literally can't dismiss haters.

We're a loooooooooong way from having even a basic understanding of mental illness.
The alternative to dismissing the haters is to flip what they're saying about you onto them. Find some hole in their words, and poke it for all you're worth.
I hate having absolutely nothing to do -_-
Yuu-chan said:
I hate having absolutely nothing to do -_-
Do you play games? I find they're a good (temporary) substitute. Arbitrary goals, you get to be a literal hero in many of them, and they even have literal "achievements" you can obtain. If you're bored with those, why not try cooking something, or planning for it?
Cooking's great, so long as you know your skill level. (Don't try to make sushi. Trust me. It's a perfectionist's bane.) Plus, you get to eat the result! ... I swear it's a miracle I'm not fat. But that's my go-to thing, yes.
I have job for 3 weeks now. It's 3 days per week. I'm so exhausted after it so i spend over 12 hours per day sleeping. I hate wasting time like this.

Also, I'm on risperodinum and paroxetine (basically anti-depressant, anti-social anxiety for autistic person), and I always am worried about missing a doze. And I think the latter causes part of my sleeping issues.