Imasuky said:
Superman fisted him....right trough the chest.

He tricked Superman into killing a pregnant Louis Lane.
That's some Othello like shit, man.

---

I'm not sure if this is a common thing or not, but I get these periods of time where I'm 100% in control of what I do and say (6 months to 3 odd years or something) and it's great because I think, inherently I'm not a douchebag... I like people, generally speaking. And since I got out of my teens I've realised I like talking a whole lot, too. But then comes this time where I realise I get worse and worse at the simplest thing: shutting the hell up.

I cannot get this foot unlodged from my mouth, I insult people, am just basically incapable of stopping when other people would hold their tongue as to not get into an argument about mostly trivial things... And the worst part? 95-99.9% of the time the things I say are true and I cannot take them back because that would mean lying... And I am a terrible liar. I don't enjoy it, I'm bad at it. When I RP it's not lying because I'm telling "that character's truth". Inapplicable to IRL situations.

I've realised last Tuesday I'm in another foot-in-mouth need-to-be-right-even-if-I'm-wrong period... and though I haven't lost any old friends because of it yet, I have lost every single friend that hasn't been my friend since at least early highschool. I'm afraid about what I'll fuck up beyond repair this time around...
If I suddenly don't respond to anything, it'll either mean I've fucked something major up, or I'm trying really hard not to. If only I remember how to shut the hell up :s
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
So is this better or worse than what Marvel is doing with Captain America these days?
Signficantly better, in part because it's not taking place in the 'Primary' universe. So they can screw up a lot more and still get mercy for it. Also, no blatant antisemitism or such. Always appreciated, that.

I didn't feel the gameplay of the first Injustice, but the storytelling around it was a neat take on things; I am hopeful that the lessons learned between 1 and this one will pay off in the overall functionality. Worst case, it'll probably be very satisfying for a lot of fans. How far we've come, given how bad Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was...
The brexit is basically making it impossible for me to visit my loveys and to actually live with them. It hurts so much to know that I won't be able to live with the 2 people I love..
Sophia said:
The brexit is basically making it impossible for me to visit my loveys and to actually live with them. It hurts so much to know that I won't be able to live with the 2 people I love..
We can find a way kitty.

I know we can.

I love you so much.
Sophia said:
In this world the boundaries are so labile that the thought of erecting walls is stupid. And I'm not talking about legitimate regulations, I just talk about dividing the world into pieces.

Pinkanator said:
We can find a way kitty.

I know we can.

I love you so much.
"My experience is that there is, you know, surprisingly always hope."
Sophia said:
I voted against that stupid thing and it pissed me off that it actually passed. I really hope you do find a way to live together through some kinda loophole.
It's okay to mention politics if it's peripheral to the vent, but let's try to avoid it being the only point that's being discussed.
I feel lonely due to my utter lack of IRL friends. And when I'm in that state, I find it hard to care for almost anything. Even my video games don't appeal to me anymore.
ElisaSky said:
I feel lonely due to my utter lack of IRL friends. And when I'm in that state, I find it hard to care for almost anything. Even my video games don't appeal to me anymore.
Having IRL friends is much more important than people would think. Having many different types of friends helps you have varied experiences as well as perspectives and viewpoints. Who knows? Maybe you'll socialize with someone that will affect your life drastically. Try your best to find common ground with people in life that you like talking to and I'm sure you'll absolutely dig it. ^^
Kracky said:
Having IRL friends is much more important than people would think.
Studies have shown that loneliness is more deadly than obesity. Though there is some overlap as I can attest, being lonely can end with bad eating habits (and no, the cliché ice cream/chocolate binge is not limited to women. Men do it too. I know I did both. :P).

I just... I try to talk with peeps at my uni, but most of the times they're unresponsive and I end up talking and taking, wishing they'd just say *anything* back so I could have a conversation instead of a monologue. Best thing I've gotten out of my classmates is them acting as "yes wo/men" and just nod along at whatever I say. Add to that some trust issues, and the fact that I'm *very* into board games and tabletop RPGs, as well as video games and RWBY, and science, but not things like football/soccer (soccer is a big craze in France) or stuff like that, well...
sometimes i feel like i gave up on my dreams
Artists who forget to use an eraser for their inkings or don't do bucketfill on their colorings leaving background color in the shape.
Monochrome said:
sometimes i feel like i gave up on my dreams
That really sucks. But do they have to be dreams, though? It may seem stupid or strange perhaps, but I find dreams are often too big to achieve, and so I never work for them. But when I let go of that "I need to be a successful artist, buy a villa with horses and write at least ten novels" kind of dream (which honestly makes me tired just thinking of it) and instead give myself smaller, nearer goals that may or may not contribute to it without putting a due date on the dream I find it a lot more manageable.

For example:
I re-learned how to draw.
I learned to wait for love.
I wrote fanfiction smut.

TL;DR: Dream big, organise small. Slow and steady wins the race!
Going to a tabletop event Thursday. By a new FLGS on the other side of town (3 km walk to get there). Maybe I'll find some new tabletop crew there. Hopefully nice and psychologically stable people.

If only my social anxieties weren't screaming "Achtung Minen" preventing me to sleep that'd be just great.

Also, I've got worries this will lead nowhere.

Well at least I've left my coordinates on the board there. maybe someone will send me an SMS.
Friggin' Nintendo Switch AC adapter costs over $60 on Amazon, or i have to drive all the way to Maryland to buy one for $30. If it's still in stock by the time i get there.
ElisaSky said:
Going to a tabletop event Thursday. By a new FLGS on the other side of town (3 km walk to get there). Maybe I'll find some new tabletop crew there. Hopefully nice and psychologically stable people.

If only my social anxieties weren't screaming "Achtung Minen" preventing me to sleep that'd be just great.

Also, I've got worries this will lead nowhere.
Personally, I would have 0 expectations for the first time at a new shop. After a few events, then you'll probably find a person or two, though I tend to be more loquacious with the staff at the store than my fellow patrons >_>;
I want a hug... :(
FireMario86 said:
I want a hug... :(
*hugs and squeezes*
Pinkanator said:
*hugs and squeezes*
Okay, I feel better now :3
Welp, the training mode punching bag just got confirmed for Injustice II.
Welp, I failed my driving test. ;_; Instructor told me to take the 3rd exit right on a roundabout so naturally I stuck to the right of the roundabout but I failed to realize it was a 3 lane roundabout and had to be in the middle lane so moved over without indicating with a car just behind me like an idiot. Was in the first 5 mins of the test too so I knew i failed the test so made a bunch of stupid minor faults because I wasn't fully focused. FUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK. I'm not a big fan of driving as is so this just makes me feel super shitty.
Driving makes me really nervous. And I did pass the first time I took the test, but that was because the tester was really easy on me. I just had to drive around the block.

What my dad did to train me was much harder. I did highway driving. I went up and drove in the mountains. That is a hair raising experience, going around a turn at 10-30mph with a curb that has a 20+ foot drop next to it. There were times when I had panic attacks and just had to turn the wheel over to my father.

I also once went off the road on a wet curb. And nearly destroyed the car, we missed a metal post by about 2 ft.
Sleepyhead97 said:
Welp, I failed my driving test. ;_; Instructor told me to take the 3rd exit right on a roundabout so naturally I stuck to the right of the roundabout but I failed to realize it was a 3 lane roundabout and had to be in the middle lane so moved over without indicating with a car just behind me like an idiot. Was in the first 5 mins of the test too so I knew i failed the test so made a bunch of stupid minor faults because I wasn't fully focused. FUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK. I'm not a big fan of driving as is so this just makes me feel super shitty.
Mr_Face said:
Driving makes me really nervous. And I did pass the first time I took the test, but that was because the tester was really easy on me. I just had to drive around the block.

What my dad did to train me was much harder. I did highway driving. I went up and drove in the mountains. That is a hair raising experience, going around a turn at 10-30mph with a curb that has a 20+ foot drop next to it. There were times when I had panic attacks and just had to turn the wheel over to my father.

I also once went off the road on a wet curb. And nearly destroyed the car, we missed a metal post by about 2 ft.
This (and the fact that i despise tests because I hate studying because it makes me want to keel over and die) is the reason why I'm so nervous about getting my license...but I'm glad you're both ok.
Defcon7 said:
This (and the fact that i despise tests because I hate studying because it makes me want to keel over and die) is the reason why I'm so nervous about getting my license...but I'm glad you're both ok.
Same here I tend to nearly have panic attacks just riding in a car so...yeah no real chance of me getting a license.
Sleepyhead97 said:
Defcon7 said:
I got my license years later than I'm comfortable admitting (test anxiety was a big factor for me too). Just remember, it may seem like it's a hill too steep to climb, but it gets much easier once you've actually got said license and you start going out on your own.

What helped me was having the right teacher. My dad snapped on my every error, which made me too frustrated and nervous to want to drive in the car with him, period. I looked for someone to help me for the longest time, and had almost given up when I came across a much more patient tutor; one who actually encouraged me without putting me under undue pressure.

Get yourself a chill teacher (and don't rush through their lessons in hopes of "getting it over with" :p), and a chill examiner, and I think you'll both be just about set!

Just don't let your fear make you give up or stop trying, at any point. It's not gonna be a nightmare being a late driver or anything, but the sooner you've got the license, the sooner you get to go out and do cool shit on your own ;)
I've had a stressful day.
I lost my point in life. Please put me on the DNP-list. Thank you. Goodbye everyone.
Sophia said:
I lost my point in life. Please put me on the DNP-list. Thank you. Goodbye everyone.
WHOA WHOA WHOA

Let's not be so rash here! What's the problem?? Can we help??
Sleepyhead97 said:
It'll be okay. Have a cup of tea, a good nap, and know - nothing earth-shattering happened. Sure, you didn't get the license, but you didn't get anyone killed, either! You got home safe, and you get to try again! In your own time, of course. Until then, there's always GTA to help you alleviate your driving stress~

I don't have a license, does it show? :P

Pinkanator said:
I've had a stressful day.
Are you okay? Will a hug help? Some cute animals? Aw heck, why not both?

Sophia said:
Please don't do anything rash. You can be on the DNP-list and still be a part of the site, as a lurker or as an active member of the forum posts, or a once-in-a-blue-moon-active forum poster. If you need it, there's some handy phone numbers on the site, and I'm sure Google would be able to help you if you're not from the USA or simply prefer to chat. We're here for you, too, if you want us to be!