That moment when you are at work grabbing material from an almost unused part of the shop, and there are Black Widows everywhere...I hate spiders so much, especially since venomous spiders make me extremely nervous
Rookaa_Nocturn said:
That moment when you are at work grabbing material from an almost unused part of the shop, and there are Black Widows everywhere...I hate spiders so much, especially since venomous spiders make me extremely nervous
Ohgoddamintthat'stheworst

Sorry to hear that...ugggh!
The FCC struck down net neutrality and Chris Cornell hanged himself. Today sucks.
Mindwipe said:
The FCC struck down net neutrality
I'll be honest.

It was only a matter of time.
Mindwipe said:
The FCC struck down net neutrality
if im never seen again in the next week because i cant access this site, now you know why.
Mindwipe said:
Chris Cornell hanged himself
Still reeling from this, I can't believe it. My friend is devastated, she literally just saw him in concert two weeks ago. It's fucked up, man. :(
I've said this multiple times in multiple places: no one knows how to handle mental illness. Our lizard brains don't know how to process a damaged thing without a visual our aural marker
Rookaa_Nocturn said:
Not even sexy spider monster girls will make me like spiders you are not alone friend.
Rookaa_Nocturn said:
Update: the spider nest was destroyed and doused with break cleaner. Those little bastards have no chance
Rookaa_Nocturn said:
Update: the spider nest was destroyed and doused with break cleaner. Those little bastards have no chance
Nice
I've had enough. Requesting that all pics with my OCs Bianca and FemAlex be taken down, and my account be terminated. If anyone wants to get in contact with me, they can do so through DeviantArt, Hypnopics Collective, or http://www.ensnared-rp.com/index.php . If any of the forum mods would like, then you're welcome to leave this particular message up. Otherwise, I'm done.
So, because of one blowout, everything is going to absolute fuck.

I think it's safe to say that HypnoHub is killing itself from the inside out.
someguy231 said:

Don't know about others, but for me, this is just the last straw. I've had issues with a few of the mods who don't take their responsibilities or authority as seriously and as objectively as they should (not naming names, so don't press that), and the past issues with political discussions getting heated and even spilling out into comments put me on the edge. It's time for me to go.
Can Shia Lacuck make another shitty flag for us to steal please?
someguy231 said:
Can Shia Lacuck make another shitty flag for us to steal please?
*snrk* XD
someguy231 said:

Yep.
Sophia said:
Yep.
i think one problem may be that there are some periods of time where no mods are really on the site, so incidents can't be contained before it gets out of control
crazyman said:
i think one problem may be that there are some periods of time where no mods are really on the site, so incidents can't be contained before it gets out of control
The problem is that one particular mod isn't objective and fuels the fire more than cooling it down.
Sophia said:
The problem is that one particular mod isn't objective and fuels the fire more than cooling it down.
i dont know (nor do i want to) which mod that is, but if thats the case, temporarily remove their moderating privileges
Sophia said:
Yes. Their passive-aggressive snark doesn't help matters out either; I've had issues with them in the past, and that's one of the reasons I'm leaving. Just waiting on all my uploads to be taken down before I get confirmation that I'm good to take off from the site.
crazyman said:
i dont know (nor do i want to) which mod that is, but if thats the case, temporarily remove their moderating privileges
If only Vann would do that..
DrgnmastrAlex said:
Yes. Their passive-aggressive snark doesn't help matters out either; I've had issues with them in the past, and that's one of the reasons I'm leaving. Just waiting on all my uploads to be taken down before I get confirmation that I'm good to take off from the site.
it sucks that you have to leave, though i can understand. good luck in your future endeavors
crazyman said:
it sucks that you have to leave, though i can understand. good luck in your future endeavors
Im close to leaving but eh
Sophia said:
but then who else would pink adore?
crazyman said:
Thank you. I do appreciate the well wishes. I actually have a fic that one of the members from Ensnared commissioned me for, so I have that to look forward to. Maybe I can use that as a means to kill my procrastination and get back into writing stories for others again, perhaps doing more commissions. Last time I wrote something along those lines must've been around 2011 or 2012. We'll see.

If you or anyone else wants to contact me, feel free to. I've left details in a post above. I'm also on Discord, if you'd prefer to reach me there. DrgnmastrAlex#8515.
Sophia said:
I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to leave. But it's ultimately your decision, and I wish you well for whatever you choose to do. ^^
crazyman said:
but then who else would pink adore?
Pretty much everyone xD

And thanks Alex ♥
Sophia said:
Pretty much everyone xD
;w;

No one will ever replace you I love you so much dont ever think otherwise ;w;
I wanted to avoid stepping into this, but I suppose I've reached a point where I have to get something off my chest. It seems lately that there's been a rash of people who, for whatever reason, reach a point where they're compelled to throw two middle fingers over their shoulder and not only leave this place for good, but do what they can to eliminate any trace of them ever having existed here through DNP. That's your right, no one should be able to stop you. Just know that when you do this, I believe you are fanning the flames of drama and discord just as much as the people who drove you to this point.

In my relatively short time posting art publicly on forums such as here and DA, I've had my downs, my bad relationships, and personal encounters that left me absolutely seething with rage. Occasionally I had to vent my frustrations publicly and privately, but for the most part, I took a few days, let myself cool down, realized I was blowing things out of proportion, and was ultimately glad I didn't take any rash action. And I've had plenty of instances over that time - whether through personal encounters or lack of confidence in my ability - where I considered throwing up my hands and giving up. I'll almost assuredly have more of those instances in the future. But one thing I have promised myself that I will never do is retroactively rip down my existing artwork. I might take a period where I'm not producing anything new, I might bail from the community for awhile. But unless leaving it up is in some way causing direct harm to my career or reputation, I will NEVER take my artwork down. From my perspective, to do that would be petty and selfish, because the people I would be hurting most would be the people who did me the invaluable service of loving me and supporting me when I needed it most. I could not look myself in the face and say that I truly valued their friendship if I was to take an action like that.

I get why you do it, or at least I think I do. Maybe you reach a point where you want to cut all the ties you can so that you don't get hurt further. Maybe you want to hurt those who hurt you with the only power available to you. But for whatever reason, when you leave for good and DNP out of emotion, you do just as much damage in ripping down the community pillars. Why should I get invested in a cute new OC when it's increasingly likely that that OC could be gone tomorrow because a mod didn't handle a touchy subject properly? For that matter, why should I get invested in a person for the same reason? This may seem overly-dramatic, but I am feeling this sentiment more and more the more people threaten to drop out of the community for good.

If you need to bail on the place for awhile, I encourage you to do it - too often you need to step outside of a bubble like this to get some fresh perspective and take stock of what's really important, what's worth caring about, and what's worth letting get to you. If you need to publicly announce that you're doing so in whatever fashion, I encourage that too. Just don't do something that you can't take back because you were angry and frustrated. And if you're angry and frustrated because you care about the community, please do what you can to not damage it yourself. You're not a bad person for wanting to do this, and it's not my intent to suggest that you are - it's a natural response to frustration that I myself have shared from time to time. All I ask is for you all to think about the people who would be hurt by your absence before you take that step.
Mezzberry said:
I wanted to avoid stepping into this, but I suppose I've reached a point where I have to get something off my chest. It seems lately that there's been a rash of people who, for whatever reason, reach a point where they're compelled to throw two middle fingers over their shoulder and not only leave this place for good, but do what they can to eliminate any trace of them ever having existed here through DNP. That's your right, no one should be able to stop you. Just know that when you do this, I believe you are fanning the flames of drama and discord just as much as the people who drove you to this point.

In my relatively short time posting art publicly on forums such as here and DA, I've had my downs, my bad relationships, and personal encounters that left me absolutely seething with rage. Occasionally I had to vent my frustrations publicly and privately, but for the most part, I took a few days, let myself cool down, realized I was blowing things out of proportion, and was ultimately glad I didn't take any rash action. And I've had plenty of instances over that time - whether through personal encounters or lack of confidence in my ability - where I considered throwing up my hands and giving up. I'll almost assuredly have more of those instances in the future. But one thing I have promised myself that I will never do is retroactively rip down my existing artwork. I might take a period where I'm not producing anything new, I might bail from the community for awhile. But unless leaving it up is in some way causing direct harm to my career or reputation, I will NEVER take my artwork down. From my perspective, to do that would be petty and selfish, because the people I would be hurting most would be the people who did me the invaluable service of loving me and supporting me when I needed it most. I could not look myself in the face and say that I truly valued their friendship if I was to take an action like that.

I get why you do it, or at least I think I do. Maybe you reach a point where you want to cut all the ties you can so that you don't get hurt further. Maybe you want to hurt those who hurt you with the only power available to you. But for whatever reason, when you leave for good and DNP out of emotion, you do just as much damage in ripping down the community pillars. Why should I get invested in a cute new OC when it's increasingly likely that that OC could be gone tomorrow because a mod didn't handle a touchy subject properly? For that matter, why should I get invested in a person for the same reason? This may seem overly-dramatic, but I am feeling this sentiment more and more the more people threaten to drop out of the community for good.

If you need to bail on the place for awhile, I encourage you to do it - too often you need to step outside of a bubble like this to get some fresh perspective and take stock of what's really important, what's worth caring about, and what's worth letting get to you. If you need to publicly announce that you're doing so in whatever fashion, I encourage that too. Just don't do something that you can't take back because you were angry and frustrated. And if you're angry and frustrated because you care about the community, please do what you can to not damage it yourself.
I appreciate the words. However, as I've stated previously, this instance is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There were other storms of drama and issues that I have dealt with in the past where I did exactly what you recommended. I kept my patience, and I went through it. But with this instance, it's gone too far for me. I've only managed to contribute a little bit, and what I have contributed is enjoyed, but frankly, I feel that with this final issue, I can't be here. Not when the direction I see the site and moderators taking is one I want no part of. I don't want my characters here, I don't want the investment I put into this place being here now. It's just not worth it if at any point someone with a false sense of entitlement or indignation can throw a tantrum and have the mods cater to them to keep the peace, resulting in something good or something that had effort put into it being taken down without even attempting to find a compromise or to hear reasoned arguments on both sides. That's not fair to anyone. Hell, that can happen with anyone here now because of what SilverFly did, so I'm not giving that prick or anyone of similar mind to him the opportunity or satisfaction of doing it to me. That's why I'm essentially taking my things and leaving, requesting anything pertaining to my own characters or uploads I've made that could even remotely cause an issue like the one I saw yesterday to be taken down. If anyone wants more of Bianca or FemAlex, they can contact me; if I want to commission someone to do stuff for those OCs or any other characters, I either know people to contact or can find the avenues to contact artists.

I'm leaving that avenue for others to contact me open, so I'm not burning bridges or throwing two middle fingers in the air to those behind me as I walk away. I'm just taking a life raft off a ship to nearby mainland, because I saw leaks and a staff that I no longer consider capable to handle the wreck that was coming. That's why I'm leaving, taking my commissions with me, and going elsewhere. I may upload them to deviantart, or try to reactivate my tumblr account and upload my commissions there, maintaining contact with artists through that site (of course citing the artist who did the commission for me). But I'm done with HypnoHub as a medium to connect with people and to find new MC-related artwork.

Some on here may miss me, but that's why I've taken some steps for them to reach out to me if they wish. I do hope that they'll keep an eye out, or better yet, keep in touch. But that's really up to them and how much they would desire to do so. I can't compel them. Anyway, the damage is done, and I've made up my mind; I'd have greater regret in staying here and having to suffer through the coming controversies and drama out of the hope that things will get better. I hope they get better for you all, but for me, the line was crossed, and I'm gone.

Take care, Mezzberry. If you want, feel free to make contact with me. If not, I wish you well.