Got laid off yesterday, so now it's back into the tiger pit of job applications.

Though i feel much more empowered this time. I know more about my field and have some genuine successes under my belt, as well as absorbing a lot about what people in my field like to hear.

In the best city in the country for my field, so this shouldn't go poorly (especially with one month's severance), but it always sucks to not go out on your own terms.
Ogodei-Khan said:
Got laid off yesterday, so now it's back into the tiger pit of job applications.

Though i feel much more empowered this time. I know more about my field and have some genuine successes under my belt, as well as absorbing a lot about what people in my field like to hear.

In the best city in the country for my field, so this shouldn't go poorly (especially with one month's severance), but it always sucks to not go out on your own terms.
does suck to hear about that but at least it sounds like you'll make a good recovery. Best of luck.
@Ogodei-Khan

Sorry to hear that. The severance is nice, at least. I wish you all the best in finding a new job (or hypnotizing your way into one.)
Ogodei-Khan said:

Eish. Been there. 8 months at a job and let go with no warning when I got into work in the morning. Pretty shocking and a wake up call that "company loyalty" only benefits the company (something my current boss said so I know I'm at a better place). Hope you land on your feet! I used my severance/garden leave to do touristy stuff in my city for a couple of weeks after

And my rant is I'm still not home! Flight was delayed and train was late >____>. Currently on a bus

Edit: Made it home!
Good thoughts your way, Ogodei-Khan!
(Totally didn't take me 15 minutes to get to that sentence. It's all I got, but I promise they're great thoughts.)
Ogodei-Khan said:

Unemployment sucks, but I found interviewing a loooooot easier after my first job. Hope you can get your resume pushed through terrible HR drones quick!
akaece said:
Unemployment sucks, but I found interviewing a loooooot easier after my first job. Hope you can get your resume pushed through terrible HR drones quick!
Very true! And getting interviews is MUCH easier when you have some experience on your CV
akaece said:
I got 5 applications in today. One of them at a very similar place to where i just got dropped.

Actually need to contact my old boss and see if she knows anyone there.
Youtube's new design sucks massive cocks. I DON'T FUCKING WANT MY DESKTOP TO LOOK THE SAME AS MY PHONE.
Do you ever like, "lose your horny"? I hate it when that happens.

It happens too easily, but luckily not often. When things take too long, when I get distracted by thoughts or hearing people move around in the house (mostly cuz I dread them walking in on me), or by seeing something that's the opposite of my fetish/something creepy...

Oh well, go past start and don't receive $200 ;-;
I have a very sensitive nose, I can sniff things out well before others. Which is sometimes cool but it can also suck very bad.

My mother sprayed some air freshener that she's personally fond of but I can't stand. I was asleep but the smell of it woke me up and made me so sick to my stomach that I had to take a anti-nausea pill.
Interview with a temp agency that's trying to swing me in to a good-fitting temporary position, but i'd lose a fair bit of money each month. Not crippling, but it would suck.