So not too long ago I vented about some expensive dental bills i was expected to pay. I recently got a second opinion from a different dentist and was up-front about losing my insurance due to a system glitch

the first dentist gave me an estimate of about $8000, but the second was able to estimate down to a little less than $800 with much less complicated procedures

After speaking with my parents about the initial estimate (why I was looking for a second opinion in the first place), they seemed to be of the opinion that since the first dentist was a sort of upper-class "caters to the 1%" type dentist, and at the time it was assumed I had working insurance, we can only assume they were trying to upsell me on trying to get a perfect, movie-star mouth or something

On the one-hand, I'm relieved that the expected bill is more manageable now (heck, i could pay for the whole thing with whats in my savings account if I needed to), but on the other hand, I'm pissed at the first dentist for lighting such a fire under me- like, i've been afraid to eat because I had been under the impression that one bowl of ice cream would break my teeth open and put me in agonizing pain, while I had no way to pay without asking my parents to take out a huge loan, the prospect of which put my mental state deep in "I don't deserve to live" and not so much "contemplating suicide", but "contemplating contemplating suicide", if that makes sense (no need to direct me to the hotline, I'm better now)

It's like, yeah I know this is america where healthcare is cruelly expensive, but I had been under the impression that most medical practitioners were upset about it as well- not complicit in it. So yeah, I'm like 99% joking 1% serious that I want to sue the first dentist for emotional damages, I definitely feel like my depression/anxiety permanently upgraded a tier level and I may or may not have started developing an eating disorder (we'll see if I normalize after I get the work done)

But yeah, biggest problem now is that the earliest I could schedule an appointment for the work I need done was on Oct 31, which means everything I look forward to about october (my birthday and halloween, both major occasions for the consumption of sweets) is going to be a lot less fun, and I have to put up with these annoying/impossible to ignore tooth holes for the rest of the month
Its dentists like that is why i use mouth wash 5 times a day.
ShadowSeraphim said:
dentists
This reminds me of when I visited the dentist recently: I went in telling him that my back teeth are super sensitive and any time I eat really sweet foods like chocolate it puts me in agonizing pain, and that one of my wisdom teeth never grew out all the way and is blackening back there in my mouth, and the fucker tried to convince me it was because my bite was out of alignment and that I needed braces.

Fucking braces. At 30 years old. And it would have cost 14 grand even with insurance. He didn't even want to listen to the prospect of maybe just removing the fucking teeth that were bothering me.
geekgirl8 said:
This reminds me of when I visited the dentist recently: I went in telling him that my back teeth are super sensitive and any time I eat really sweet foods like chocolate it puts me in agonizing pain, and that one of my wisdom teeth never grew out all the way and is blackening back there in my mouth, and the fucker tried to convince me it was because my bite was out of alignment and that I needed braces.

Fucking braces. At 30 years old. And it would have cost 14 grand even with insurance. He didn't even want to listen to the prospect of maybe just removing the fucking teeth that were bothering me.
That Wisdom tooth makes me think of an odd story I had.

I had all mine taken out, but I actually started to grow a new one, it's rare but happens.

It grew part way and it hurt a lot during that time. then it kept hurting and I had bad breath no matter how many times I bushed and used mouthwash, nothing would get rid of it.

Well went to the dentist, found out it was rotten, it had almost no nerves of blood flow!

Gave me a shot and in less time than it took for the medicine to kick in they yanked it out. This dentist was good guy and charged pretty low for it, only double digits.
I maybe wrote five different paragraphs on the dentist stuff, on other stuff, deleting it time and time again... I know I can be a bit verbose (? I got that word from House of Cards) at times and try to keep at "if you don't have anything to contribute, just shut up". Speaking silver, silence gold and all that...

I'd like for my life (in paricular my brain) to make more sense than it does right now.

I hope all the dentist stuff works out. Second opinions are important.
Maybe it's because most of the people in my circle don't own houses or other fancy stuff, but doctors and dentists are just like any other service provider; there are good ones and shit ones, and charges can vary wildly. You should always try for a second opinion if the first one doesn't sit well. Even when you have insurance, prices can vary in the US depending on who you go to. The only thing that's guaranteed is that a doctor in your network will cost you less than one outside of it because the in-network doctor is contractually obligated to accept a predetermine amount for the service (from the patient and/or insurance company) and write off the difference, and even then, the contracts are in flux. It's true for medicine, housework, car repair, massages, anything.

There's only one way to make everything level and that's to take capitalism out of the equation.
So on DA I post hypno fanfictions. When scrolling the my gallery I realized one wasn't there. Some oversensitive SJW fuck must have reported it and the DA admins who I swear all either have the bare minimum IQ or are metaphorical prostitutes required to function just complied with the request and took it down. Well I'm not going to stand for it. I'm going to upload and reupload until he gives up. If I have to I will create sock puppet accounts on DA. In addition I will start a campaign to purge all of the admins from DA (not literally of course just get them to quit) and replace them with competent ones.
I have a really tough day tomorrow and instead of going to sleep like a responsible adult I'm trying to alleviate my stress by ignoring myself and browsing the forum /o\ gg, wp Friye.
I recently had a conversation with myself about how awful things are right now, and that I should “live fast, because wether you like or not, you’re probably gonna die young.” So that got me thinking about a shit ton of awful things, and that kinda just added on to my current bout of depression.

It’s also come to my attention that I’m being a dick here as well, commenting on people’s tastes when I shouldn’t. I can’t seem to help myself when expressing my distaste for being tortured until I beg for the sweet release of death, (as the picture I commented on depicted) but in any event I do apologize for opening my mouth where I should not have.

I also am deathly terrified right about now about my future, as I am still currently working my first job and my brain won’t stop trying to bring up the fact that I have no idea what the next year holds for me and that it should terrify me. I am actually being kept up at night by this (and a lingering cough.) and it keeps me fearful during the day.

Oh, and I still suck ass at Overwatch.
@Defcon7: *hugs tight*

The nightmare_fuel tag will forever be on my blacklist. I hope the picture you mentioned has that tag. Whatever floats your boat in the end, just keep it far, far away from me.

As for the first job thing, can relate, am at my first job atm as well. While being up in the air sucks, you can make plans to fill in the gaps perhaps. Plan for that road trip perhaps, or where and how you'll dive back in if you don't get an extension on your contract - and also plan for what if you do get an extension :) maybe you're better than you think after all is said and done. Any way you can fill in your future, multiple timelines or no, try! Keep pictures on a pinterest board or so, it helps me at least.

As for me, work sucks... and I'm hating it more and more to the point of desperation. I really hope that feeling fades soon. For now I've been able to turn that desperation into anger and "get off my ass and get working on a change" feelings. Nothing concrete yet... Please let the end or my contract roll around fast.
Friye said:
@Defcon7: *hugs tight*

The nightmare_fuel tag will forever be on my blacklist. I hope the picture you mentioned has that tag. Whatever floats your boat in the end, just keep it far, far away from me.

As for the first job thing, can relate, am at my first job atm as well. While being up in the air sucks, you can make plans to fill in the gaps perhaps. Plan for that road trip perhaps, or where and how you'll dive back in if you don't get an extension on your contract - and also plan for what if you do get an extension :) maybe you're better than you think after all is said and done. Any way you can fill in your future, multiple timelines or no, try! Keep pictures on a pinterest board or so, it helps me at least.

As for me, work sucks... and I'm hating it more and more to the point of desperation. I really hope that feeling fades soon. For now I've been able to turn that desperation into anger and "get off my ass and get working on a change" feelings. Nothing concrete yet... Please let the end or my contract roll around fast.
You have my sympathy and my thoughts Friye. And thanks for checking up on me.
Mindfucker said:
So on DA I post hypno fanfictions. When scrolling the my gallery I realized one wasn't there. Some oversensitive SJW fuck must have reported it and the DA admins who I swear all either have the bare minimum IQ or are metaphorical prostitutes required to function just complied with the request and took it down. Well I'm not going to stand for it. I'm going to upload and reupload until he gives up. If I have to I will create sock puppet accounts on DA. In addition I will start a campaign to purge all of the admins from DA (not literally of course just get them to quit) and replace them with competent ones.
I know it sucks when rule violations cause takedowns to happen, but sometimes you just have to take the L and move on.
Ogodei-Khan said:
sometimes you just have to take the L and move on.
I feel like this is sound advice for all creators.
The 1300 questions for the german theoretical driving exam are ridiciulous.
Mindfucker said:
You got a link to your DA? Always interested in good hypno fanfiction.
Sophia said:
Can you provide a link to a digital version? I would like to see this ridiculousness for myself.
Anon_3.141 said:
Can you provide a link to a digital version? I would like to see this ridiculousness for myself.
All sites featuring the exam on english demand payment so I suppose you could just google it and use translate or smth :I
Friye said:
I have a really tough day tomorrow and instead of going to sleep like a responsible adult I'm trying to alleviate my stress by ignoring myself and browsing the forum /o\ gg, wp Friye.
This is pretty much me every day, except with Twitter instead of this site.
Sophia said:
What do you mean? Are there 1300 potential questions and you need to study all of them to pass? That seems like a good way to get future German drivers to forget all they've ever learned soon as they pass...
Sophia said:
All sites featuring the exam on english demand payment so I suppose you could just google it and use translate or smth :I
Can you give examples of some of the questions ? 1300 seems like a lot ^^
Friye said:
What do you mean? Are there 1300 potential questions and you need to study all of them to pass? That seems like a good way to get future German drivers to forget all they've ever learned soon as they pass...
Youll get 30 random questions and if you answer about 3-4 wrong you fail.

TheMadPrince said:
Can you give examples of some of the questions ? 1300 seems like a lot ^^
Not in english, soz <.<
I really wish I was better at interacting with others, online or offline.

I suck at starting conversations, thought I can at least keep them going online, though I'm still really bad at it.

I wanted to be able to draw attention to artists that I enjoy that don't get alot of attention, but I can't figure out how.

Argh, I feel like I can't do anything or get myself to do anything.
Kachopper9 said:
I wanted to be able to draw attention to artists that I enjoy that don't get alot of attention, but I can't figure out how.
REBLOG ALL THE THINGS
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
REBLOG ALL THE THINGS
On... where?

Now I feel like an idiot.
I had to pay 400+ euros of tuition fees that I hope I can get refunded for medical reasons.

If it was up to me, I'd never have went back to the uni before I would have been in decent health again.

But everybody I knew pressured me and I gave in that pressure. Meaning that if they refuse my medical exception for the "No tuition fee refund after September 30th" I'd have thrown away 400+ euros. I sleep for 13 hours straight every day and I can't study decently in such conditions. But I was thinking of giving the uni a crap reputation by calling associations for helping people with disabilities and letting them know the situation if they refuse a medical exception.
ElisaSky said:
I had to pay 400+ euros of tuition fees that I hope I can get refunded for medical reasons.

If it was up to me, I'd never have went back to the uni before I would have been in decent health again.

But everybody I knew pressured me and I gave in that pressure. Meaning that if they refuse my medical exception for the "No tuition fee refund after September 30th" I'd have thrown away 400+ euros. I sleep for 13 hours straight every day and I can't study decently in such conditions. But I was thinking of giving the uni a crap reputation by calling associations for helping people with disabilities and letting them know the situation if they refuse a medical exception.
that sounds pretty damn rough.

Best of luck with that
PC broken. Might not be active for a while.
@Kachopper: instagram, facebook, twitter, tumblr, ... am I missing anything?
You don't have to be some maxed out charisma twink to show your support!

@Elisa: I really hope that works out >.< it sounds horrible... take good care of yourself! Health comes first, always.
Had a hypno-themed dream for the first time in forever last night, and of course, my subconscious cockblocks me so I can't enjoy it

Basically I had somehow hypnotized an asian MILF and daughter pair, but rather than use them for sexy purposes, I had them both working at a store I apparently owned at a mall, and they seemed to have just enough resistance to trash-talk/insult/guilt trip me whenever they could. I eventually ended up releasing them out of frustration and stomped away, then forced myself awake because I sensed that they had called the police on me

Damn it, brain, you know I wouldn't do that for real, that's why it's called a FANTASY, and until we invent something similar to a holodeck or deep-immersion VR, it's got to be dreams or nothing, and all you do is troll me
My doc just cut a hole between my mouth cavity and nasal cavity. Now I'm not allowed to use my right nostril for some weeks, great. It's bleeding and damn does that shit hurt.