Jezz Karma I'd help if I wasn't in rough shape myself. Best of luck and hope somehow things can work out for you.
Just got the situation sorted out for now. I saw it show up on my online bank statement, as it was done earlier this morning, and about an hour ago, I contacted the place the purchase was from, Kohl's.com.

I put a stop on any order under my name and card number, and also contacted the bank. So then the bank also contacted Kohl's, at which point Kohl's then retracted the order and cancelled the transaction. My balance is back to what it should be.

For the record, someone, somehow ordered some kind of $500+ Cookware set or something with my money.

I'm pretty sure my account information was gotten somehow, most likely from keystroke logging malware or something, as I put in the number when I ordered from a few shops last month. So I cleaned my computer, indeed found malware, and I'm going to get a new debit card, back up my files and reformat, and take out the rest of my money from an ATM to keep it safe until I can get that done.

That was a pretty terrifying situation. Man.
You never really think something like this could happen to you, until it happens to you.
That's good to hear, glad to know your safe.

Never had anything that close but i do know how it feels to be right on the brink. As I said a a little while back family car broke down and would as much to repair as just replacing. Thankfully some good friends and a bit of unexpected money came in at just the right time.

hope you can likewise have some unexpected good luck to swing in after this.
Glad you got it all sorted
be sure to not go to suspicious websites as they are the ones most likely to have malware and keep your antivirus software up o date.
Argonis said:
Glad you got it all sorted
be sure to not go to suspicious websites as they are the ones most likely to have malware and keep your antivirus software up o date.
I assume it was that.

The other possibility I considered is that it could be that my information was obtained from some kind of data leak from an online store or company I used my card at before, or the Playstation Network, or whathaveyou. Lots of that going around these days.

I mean, I WAS having lots of trouble lately with my passwords for my email being reset without my permission, and junk mail being sent from me that I didn't send. That was something I fixed last week. The two could be related. Or both those things could have COME from the malware, as well.
KarmaX said:
I assume it was that.

The other possibility I considered is that it could be that my information was obtained from some kind of data leak from an online store or company I used my card at before, or the Playstation Network, or whathaveyou. Lots of that going around these days.

I mean, I WAS having lots of trouble lately with my passwords for my email being reset without my permission, and junk mail being sent from me that I didn't send. That was something I fixed last week. The two could be related. Or both those things could have COME from the malware, as well.
Good to see you at least got these sorted out in the end.
Kachopper9 said:
Good to see you at least got these sorted out in the end.
I think I may have kinda nuked this problem from orbit, now.

Did some investigating into things, and found that some IP that isn't mine from another state entirely was recently accessing an old Microsoft account that I hadn't used since I put my Xbox 360 away years ago. That might have been where my information was accessed.

So I removed access to that or any other IP's that isn't from here, changed every single password I have to something ridiculously complex, changed all my security questions and verifications to everything, have all the different complicated passwords for nearly all my online accounts that I changed, now written down on a sheet of paper in my house.

Then switched to another internet browsing device, backed up most of my files, am reformatting my original computer, after scanning and removing anything it even THINKS is malware.

And just in case a keylogger was being used to log keystrokes, I've tried entering in every instance of those passwords by typing a little gibberish, inserting the right letter or number, removing the gibberish typing, put in another letter or number out of order, but still in sequence. (like putting the last one 4th, and then putting the 2nd one after the first, then putting the 3rd one in between it, ect), just to make sure any keylogger is confused, perhaps.

I have gone and payed every single bill I have to pay, have withdrawn all extra money from an ATM so there's nothing left in the account to take, keeping it in my wallet for safe keeping, and am going to get my card changed entirely.

Here's hoping this takes care of it ever happening again.
Glad you got that sorted out but now I'm curious what kind of antvirus software you were using and what malware it detected.
KarmaX said:
Here's hoping this takes care of it ever happening again.
*High five*
I miss my bro Crazyman. I hope he's ok. I wanna hug him again.
Pinkanator said:
Yea :w:
Pinkanator said:
I had been wondering about him. Hope everything is ok.
Was coming home from on a train from a trip

Train in front of mine killed someone.
Defcon7 said:
Was coming home from on a train from a trip

Train in front of mine killed someone.
oh geez were you close?
i hope you didn't see the aftermath.
Argonis said:
oh geez were you close?
i hope you didn't see the aftermath.
Yes.

And no but it still makes me sick.
Defcon7 said:
Yes.

Damn so sorry to hear about that. Can't imagine how awful that must be.
Defcon7 said:
Yes.

Wow, that is... jeez.

I'm weird in that the thought of these things don't make me sick, but the sight of stuff like that makes me ill.
Kachopper9 said:
Wow, that is... jeez.

I'm weird in that the thought of these things don't make me sick, but the sight of stuff like that makes me ill.
Not really. I mean hearing it second hand can somewhat distance you from it. Seeing though makes it more real.

Awful either way though.
Comment RP is cancer and should be banned. I'm just tired of having to dig down to the comment chain to see just the comments have become a RP.

There are other places for this not the fucking comments even with multiple commenters telling them to fuck off
Zelinko said:
Comment RP is cancer and should be banned. I'm just tired of having to dig down to the comment chain to see just the comments have become a RP.

There are other places for this not the fucking comments even with multiple commenters telling them to fuck off
I mean I don't mind the one or two comments in the spirit of things but when there are 20-30 comments of RP it's difficult to see what's going on, I mean one of my favourite pictures that I commissioned (which was $60 thank you) ended up spiraling down into something that was nothing to do with it in the comments (which was Cake Farting or something disgusting like that) it's like seriously WTF people, I spend my money on art and you disrespect me and the artist by not talking about the pies in the image, the theme or expressions, none of that, we will talk about Cake Farting and how weird it is, while I'm on this rant I might as well bring up, PEOPLE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE YOU REFERENCE THE ART THAT YOU UPLOAD WITH CORRECT ARTISTS AND DIRECT LINKS TO THE ART, ART IS NOT FREE PEOPLE SPEND GOOD MONEY ON ART AND THE ARTIST SPEND ALOT OF TIME ON DRAWING IT, YOU ARE DISRESPECTING BOTH PARTIES BY NOT DOING SO, AND MANIPS CAN YOU REFERENCE THE ART USED (ALSO TRY NOT TO GET THE CRAPPIEST QUALITY IMAGE YOU CAN FIND AND USE COMIC SANS ON IT, IT LOOKS LIKE TRASH, OH AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR)

I love this community so much and knowing artists that I do this will help decrease the negative backlash of what is basically art theft, I know it may be difficult for some to understand here but I'm thinking about y'all, I want to continue to grow and catalog as much of the great hypno art as we can but PLEASE think about basic etiquette of art, please respect all these great artists out there, that's all I ask for, sorry that this turned into quite an angry rant but as someone who had his art stolen first (and tagged incorrectly) I thought I would pass on my knowledge to everyone to help better it

anyway I hope to continue to upload my stuff on here and see the community grow
So... I'm not sure if mentioning someone may be breaking the rules, but I'm kinda lost in the mix here. What happened to DaisyHypnoCharm?
someguy231 said:
So... I'm not sure if mentioning someone may be breaking the rules, but I'm kinda lost in the mix here. What happened to DaisyHypnoCharm?
Nothing that I know of? She posted a comment just 4 days ago.
Mindwipe said:
I'm pretty sure the question was asked because of that thread getting bumped for no real reason
Kachopper9 said:
I'm pretty sure the question was asked because of that thread getting bumped for no real reason
Yeah that's what I think it is.

I haven't spoken to Daisy recently but as far as I know nothings happened. The thread did get bumped because someone edited a comment or something.
Slept 14.5h in a row yesterday. Will get less than 7 today. Hate work. Can I be sick enough to call into work yet please?
someguy231 said:
Nothing nothing, computer crashes and annoying things at work, but now ... I'm caaalmed down ...
Might have to try some images in this sense ^^.

I'll re-add you and other people on Discord by the way.

Mindwipe said:
He ; ) !
DaisyHypnoCharm said:
He ; ) !
whoops
I hate having social anxiety when it comes to playing games with people... I talk to people just fine when I’m on here and on Discord! Why can’t I play video games with other people in a party?!
Defcon7 said:
I hate having social anxiety when it comes to playing games with people... I talk to people just fine when I’m on here and on Discord! Why can’t I play video games with other people in a party?!
Get on discord and play with folks on there in a party?
Defcon7 said:
In a very odd sense I'm fine with playing games with others live.

Now If only I had any parties to go to.