Zacky said:
Sooooo..... Is there gonna be a new update on this rom hack game? Or is evilgrin has done with this rom hack?
Uhhh... no, probably not, sorry.

I just wanted to mention to everyone who was looking, the last version I released is v3.2. I think there have been additions, but not from me.

It's on google drive so the link should be good forever. here it is again:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gDtxHrYLXIRkhQZV8xWVl6T2M/view?usp=sharing

It's just the patch though again, so you'll need to go through all the necessary steps, look at previous posts for more info.
EViLGRiN said:

I just wanted to mention to everyone who was looking, the last version I released is v3.2. I think there have been additions, but not from me.

It's just the patch though again, so you'll need to go through all the necessary steps, look at previous posts for more info.
Any specific emulator I should use? I used Lunar to use the patch. But don't know if there a specific emulator I had to use.
EViLGRiN said:

I have to say I'm sad it looks like you are done with this rom hack. Especially when it looks so close to being done. Plus I was really looking forward to hypnotizing May. The only things left that I saw atleast to make this game complete is to change a couple of the Elite Four overworld sprites, change a bit of the dialogue for some of the ladies you hypnotize and finally get to hypnotize May after you beat the Elite Four. Anything after that I think would have been just above and beyond. Like if you were able to hypnotize Jessie from Team Rocket, Officer Jenny, Dawn or anyone else. That said I hope you or someone else comes back to this project at some point to finish it. Either way thank you for this game. I enjoyed it alot.
Uh
Guys can someone please help me?
Please can anyone tell how I download this rom?
drakefreak10

Hey man
Can you please tell me how to download this
game?
Luxio said:
drakefreak10

Hey man
Can you please tell me how to download this
game?
Its easy...but i actually using my own way cuz im play this on mobile phone...if you too are mobile user, here's the way for you.first download the patch and the original pokemon fire red.second, go to playstore/appstore and download "uni patcher"...and u patch it ..done
Lmao; I wound up re-patching over my moemon fire red version. This is going to be interesting
rubylemonlimeade said:
Lmao; I wound up re-patching over my moemon fire red version. This is going to be interesting
Lemme know if that worked out well.
I really wanna play this. Is there anyway to play this and not download it?
I'm going to copy the instructions to the opening post so it's easier for users that are interested to find out how to get it working instead of looking at page 9 then 7 =P
Dang it, if only we could have gotten the option to keep control of them...
rubylemonlimeade said:
For anyone who's curious, I tried this out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. If I applied the Moemon patch first, then the Psychic Adventures patch, then the moe battle sprites didn't show up - they reverted back to the original Pokemon sprites. Oddly enough, the mini-sprites, shown when you're looking at your Pokemon list, were the moe versions. If I went the other way, applying Psychic Adventures, then Moemon, the game wouldn't run at all - I got the copyright screen, then nothing.

I'm sure there'd be a way to kludge them together, but it'd take a lot more emulator knowledge than I have.
Abraxis said:
For anyone who's curious, I tried this out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. If I applied the Moemon patch first, then the Psychic Adventures patch, then the moe battle sprites didn't show up - they reverted back to the original Pokemon sprites. Oddly enough, the mini-sprites, shown when you're looking at your Pokemon list, were the moe versions. If I went the other way, applying Psychic Adventures, then Moemon, the game wouldn't run at all - I got the copyright screen, then nothing.

I'm sure there'd be a way to kludge them together, but it'd take a lot more emulator knowledge than I have.
I tried it as well and even tried to use a few ips editors to see if I could get them working together. It didn't work, to be fair most of my knowledge is in basic coding not game hacking so it was a shot in the dark to begin with. With that said If I was to apply that knowledge to the problem I would say that one or both patches renames the pokemon sprite packs which causes the game to crash seeing as it can't find what it needs. Although I have seen people claim that Moemon is just a sprite patch, so maybe it crash because of how Psychic Adventures tries to use those sprites. If someone does figure out how to patch these two and maybe others with Psychic Adventures would you kindly let the rest of us know how?
Can someone tell me all the steps to get the 3.2 update? I'm currently playing the 1.5 version on my Android device using My Boy GBA emulator. I don't know what to do with the 3.2 patch or whatever lol
Bit of a stupid question: how do I actually hypnotize the girls? My Drowzee's at level 12 and I don't see any prompts, nor do I see the option in the Pokemon menu like for HMs.
Nadie said:
Bit of a stupid question: how do I actually hypnotize the girls? My Drowzee's at level 12 and I don't see any prompts, nor do I see the option in the Pokemon menu like for HMs.
once you get strong enough and have the right badge acquisitions, you just talk to them, and if they're hypnotizable, extra dialogue and options will appear naturally.
Nadie said:
Also, if you haven't spoken to "Old Man Tutorial" in Viridian, you won't have the option at all.
Well, I realize this game is pretty much done but I have one (admittedly pretty large) suggestion for you. You could change Prof. Oak to Prof. Juniper, and unlock more "rewards" as you complete the Pokedex. I realize this is probably not easy to do but it would be neat to at least have a female professor.
Also, what software do you use to make and edit a rom hack?
So I just found out about this and played it to the Elite Four, seems pretty great.

I have a pretty big bug though (from the most recent version at the top of this page,) Flannery is missing from the Cinnabar gym after you defeat her and command her to strip.

http://i.imgur.com/q5jP0tM.png

Does anyone know how to spawn her back?
If anyone ever finds a way to put this game on a actual Pokemon fire red cartridge I'd definatly pay to have it (cause I want to play this game on my gba :) )
foffyoul5 said:
If anyone ever finds a way to put this game on a actual Pokemon fire red cartridge I'd definatly pay to have it (cause I want to play this game on my gba :) )
that shouldn't be too hard if you have a means of hooking one up to your pc. via Retrode5 for example. Such devices make cartridges appear to a computer like mass storage, so you can rip roms and saves, or swap them out. at least in theory. I have yet to get my hands on one, but I would really love to, as my old (original battery) cartridges are gonna die soon :(
You know, it's really interesting to see this rom hack popping up in places outside of the hypno community and some users being mostly unaware of said community.
jacethenewguy said:
You know, it's really interesting to see this rom hack popping up in places outside of the hypno community and some users being mostly unaware of said community.
What's the general feeling on it? More to the point, what version's going around? 3.2, 3.3, or 3.4?
Hiya! I just started in on this and I'm really enjoying everything so far.

One big question: can we have a changelog? Just a simple txt document included with the download that says, "this is what is changed from the original game, " (what characters have been switched, what interactions are available, what pokemon are on what routes, etc.) and "this is what is changed from the previous version of this rom hack." On that question, since I noticed the change to pokemon on different routes, is there an option in the game for evolving a trade evolution pokemon without trading it? (I'm playing on v3.4 btw, I know it's not EvilGrin's latest version).

I was skimming the thread and I saw something about problem with old saves for new versions, and something about interacting with the mailbox outside your house to update your save file for the new version? I didn't really understand what I was reading. Do I have to worry about losing my progress if a new version comes out and I want to try it out?

Thanks for all of this!

Also, I found a guy on route 4 in front of the pokemon center that still talks about beating Brock.
Blord25 said:
Also, what software do you use to make and edit a rom hack?
Not sure what tool Evilgrin used, though I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in one of the previous pages. I used XSE 1.11 (extreme script editor) along with Advance Map to change the script and add pokemon to routes.

Tr4pD00r said:
Does anyone know how to spawn her back?
No idea, sorry. Which version were you playing on? If it was working in 3.2 and not in 3.3/3.4 then it was something I did and I may be able to find out.

geemergary said:
One big question: can we have a changelog?
Uhhh off the top of my head -
- Gym leaders, rival and champion battles are changed.
- The couple outside Bills house is changed.
- There are 'sleep' moves (ie. Hypnosis) and 'control' moves (ie. Psychic) which are used to control the npcs. Other moves like Sleep Powder should also work, but what exactly outside the two I listed above I do not remember.
- List of Pokemon added to the routes:
spoiler

geemergary said:
is there an option in the game for evolving a trade evolution pokemon without trading it?
Nope. That's why I added fully evolved Pokemon to the routes (Golem, Machamp, etc).

geemergary said:
I was skimming the thread and I saw something about problem with old saves for new versions, and something about interacting with the mailbox outside your house to update your save file for the new version? I didn't really understand what I was reading. Do I have to worry about losing my progress if a new version comes out and I want to try it out?
I have never heard of the mail thing. Regarding the losing progress part, as far as I know, no. I used the same save file to test while I was editing. There's probably not going to be another version though unless EvilGrin decides to return.
Awesome Cradily! Thank you!

Sad to hear that EvilGrin's MIA and that we might not be getting more updates. Was May ever placed back in her house for fun times after beating her in the championship like I saw being talked about?
Cradily said:
No idea, sorry. Which version were you playing on? If it was working in 3.2 and not in 3.3/3.4 then it was something I did and I may be able to find out.
I don't know if it was working on any previous version or not, but I downloaded the version posted by EvilGrin at the top of page 12. I can also report some Joys in the Pokemon Centres go missing as well. Iirc, right now I'm missing the ones in Pewter and the one in Route 10 just outside the Rock Tunnel.

geemergary said:
Was May ever placed back in her house for fun times after beating her in the championship like I saw being talked about?
Nope. Was kinda saddened by this.
bullet said:
that shouldn't be too hard if you have a means of hooking one up to your pc. via Retrode5 for example. Such devices make cartridges appear to a computer like mass storage, so you can rip roms and saves, or swap them out. at least in theory. I have yet to get my hands on one, but I would really love to, as my old (original battery) cartridges are gonna die soon :(
Well if you ever get one lmk as I'd be interested in buying this game on a cartridge :)
I've sometimes considered trying to make a fan game from scratch based on this whole idea -- a hypno-themed Pokemon game built from the ground up, not via editing ROMs. Unfortunately, I've gotten as far as looking at the Pokemon Essentials kit for RPG Maker, realizing it wouldn't work for me (since I've got a Mac), and giving up. (Which doesn't speak well for my dedication, anyway.)

It'd be a fun idea. Adapting an existing region or making your own, building an adventure around hypnotically seducing people, maybe even building up your own villain team... You could even make your starter options all mind control themed - there's definitely enough Pokemon like that already.
Abraxis said:
I've sometimes considered trying to make a fan game from scratch based on this whole idea -- a hypno-themed Pokemon game built from the ground up, not via editing ROMs. Unfortunately, I've gotten as far as looking at the Pokemon Essentials kit for RPG Maker, realizing it wouldn't work for me (since I've got a Mac), and giving up. (Which doesn't speak well for my dedication, anyway.)

It'd be a fun idea. Adapting an existing region or making your own, building an adventure around hypnotically seducing people, maybe even building up your own villain team... You could even make your starter options all mind control themed - there's definitely enough Pokemon like that already.
That would be awesome! ...Now if I could just get a new computer...