If there were a Hypnohub fighting game
After the comment thread that popped up on this post...

http://hypnohub.net/post/show/34444/blonde_hair-blush-bottomless-deme-female_only-fems

...there's been a series of ideas rattling idly around my head for quite a while. I'm trying to go into the field of game development, and as someone who loves to conceptualize things (especially game ideas, mechanics, stories and visuals), the thought of a Hypnohub fighting game kind of splits me in two. One part of me knows it could be absolutely fantastic to have a fighting game literally designed around this site, its characters and hypnosis in general, while the other part is just kind of crying because it's never going to happen.

Imagine the possibilities, though: Hypnohub's all-stars, from Hypno-Tan to Erika to Crystal, all going at it in traditional arcade-fighter combat. Combat based not only on the characters' fighting skills, but on their hypnotic aspects. Special moves would feature characters' trademark styles of hypnosis, and their character types (rushdown, grappler, zoning, etc) could be based off of trademark character traits (this was discussed on the aforementioned post)

What are your ideas? Would everyone here actually want to see something like this? And how practical is it?
So long as there's either Dr. Doom or Scorpion as guest characters.
someguy231 said:
So long as there's either Dr. Doom or Scorpion as guest characters.
"Hey, Netherealm, can we have Scorpion for our fetish game"
You would have to include Bianca in that game. Not only is she a brown belt, but she could be the fourth-wall breaking joke character of the game, like Deadpool was in MvC3. She's perfect for a fighting game.

This isn't a recommendation or suggestion. This would be mandatory. :P
DrgnmastrAlex said:
You would have to include Bianca in that game. Not only is she a brown belt, but she could be the fourth-wall breaking joke character of the game, like Deadpool was in MvC3. She's perfect for a fighting game.

This isn't a recommendation or suggestion. This would be mandatory. :P
Noted. =P
i see a rpg Fenoxo style, i think that being a hypnosis site the rpg format would be better, deciding if you want to fight, try to hypnotize or sexually tempt to reduce willpower
Motorata said:
i see a rpg Fenoxo style, i think that being a hypnosis site the rpg format would be better, deciding if you want to fight, try to hypnotize or sexually tempt to reduce willpower
I think this is already an existing project
So who be the Ryu and Ken characters?

Because you need two iconic characters that everyone recognizes.
Imasuky said:
So who be the Ryu and Ken characters?

Because you need two iconic characters that everyone recognizes.
Probably Hypno-tan and Erikaa.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
Probably Hypno-tan and Erikaa.
I second this. Hypno-Tan would sort of be the Scorpion of the game: the mascot who's easy to learn but difficult to master.
So I'm guessing Erika would be the most balanced one who is just all around good for all skill levels.
TheSpoon said:
"Hey, Netherealm, can we have Scorpion for our fetish game"
Actually, it has to be mein waifu. Bring it Mileena plz?
Imasuky said:
So who be the Ryu and Ken characters?

Because you need two iconic characters that everyone recognizes.
Well Hypno-tan would certainly fill the role of Ryu in that sense, but she doesn't really have a consistent and well-known partner (the best matches are the "Team-Tan" girls or Awake-san, but she would take the place of M. Bison in that scenario). The two most iconic characters on the Hub would be either Crystal or Erika, but (imo) they would much better suit an unlockable character that Hypno-tan would meet/fight/hypnotise into submission. (Of course, with their creators' permission, that is). Of course, it doesn't always have to have that kind of setup.

If I had to think of characters from the Hub to add (aside from the aforementioned parties), I'd say:
spoiler
Imasuky said:
So I'm guessing Erika would be the most balanced one who is just all around good for all skill levels.
Something like that, yeah. Like how Sub-Zero is Scorpion's accessible rival.

someguy231 said:
Actually, it has to be mein waifu. Bring it Mileena plz?
I'm staying away from those teeth, Kitana or Cassie for me
Spirals said:
M. Bison
YES

YYESS
TheSpoon said:
Something like that, yeah. Like how Sub-Zero is Scorpion's accessible rival.

I'm staying away from those teeth, Kitana or Cassie for me
And who would be the rugal to this game?
No1 said:
And who would be the rugal to this game?
I actually don't know.

Is your name an Artemis Fowl reference?
TheSpoon said:
I actually don't know.

Is your name an Artemis Fowl reference?
Nope,just i like the idea of not giving any info about me.
and would there be male characters?
No1 said:
Nope,just i like the idea of not giving any info about me.
and would there be male characters?
Sure. Spirals mentioned Darkhat, for one
Oh hey, this topic.

I remember playing this one Flash fighting game on Newgrounds back in the day. Must have been... god. 2008? It had a bunch of iconic Newgrounds characters fighting eachother. Salad Fingers, Alien Hominid, the Tank Man, etcetera. If that's what this is, I'm all for it.

Toon Liz happens to be a kickboxer, so I suppose she wouldn't be out of her element in a fighting game. Not sure what her playstyle equivalent would be (I don't actually play many fighting games) so I'll leave that up in the air, but in general I like this idea a lot and would love to have her included if it actually becomes a thing somehow.
Use MUGEN and fighter factory 3. If you're really gonna do this, you need the right tools for the job.
TheSpoon said:
"Hey, Netherealm, can we have Scorpion for our fetish game"
Mortal Kameo, amirite?
But for real, I was in a game jam not too long ago where the opposing team made a fighting game with 4 buttons for each player. Each button was slightly different based on the player's chosen costume, not their character (the game concept was crossdressing robots.... so they just made a generic robot and the real choices were the outfits. Oh my god those hilarious outfits... )
If they could do that in 2 days, this can be done, easy. We used Unity for the jam, btw.
Pinkanator said:
Use MUGEN and fighter factory 3. If you're really gonna do this, you need the right tools for the job.
I have MUGEN, although I'm not really perfect with programming for it. And by that I mean I'm completely clueless.
Could I be one of the background characters with three frames of animation who cheers on the fighters?

I think I'd like that.
bullet said:
We used Unity for the jam, btw.
Say this 3 times in a mirror to summon EotM
Pastel-Daemon said:
Say this 3 times in a mirror to summon EotM
You rang? :-D

It's ma fav engine (my avatar is Unity-Chan the mascot). It's amazing for gamejams. Such a big community means there's usually a guide or example code available
No1 said:
Nope,just i like the idea of not giving any info about me.
and would there be male characters?
There's always the self-insert of daveyboysmith. :P Though I'm not sure how good of a fighter he can be.

Hell, just throw me into the mess, I know ITF-TKD and MCMAP.
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
You rang? :-D

It's ma fav engine (my avatar is Unity-Chan the mascot). It's amazing for gamejams. Such a big community means there's usually a guide or example code available
I'e always had a split love for unity and unreal, both for their own reasons. Truly amazing engines
bellchan said:
Could I be one of the background characters with three frames of animation who cheers on the fighters?

I think I'd like that.
That sounds fine lmao

someguy231 said:
There's always the self-insert of daveyboysmith. :P Though I'm not sure how good of a fighter he can be.

Hell, just throw me into the mess, I know ITF-TKD and MCMAP.
Whoa, maybe we can actually get serious about building this game at some point
I'll be the announcer voice.
someguy231 said:
There's always the self-insert of daveyboysmith. :P Though I'm not sure how good of a fighter he can be.

Hell, just throw me into the mess, I know ITF-TKD and MCMAP.
Holy shit guys I totally haven't shared my self insert yet what is wrong with me except I can't draw so I'd have to describe it or show you a sack-person