someguy231 said:
Well, if my charcater is getting involved, more than likely he'd use tech to hypnotize people, or use his martial arts skills to somehow do that, similar to this drawing: http://hypnohub.net/post/show/20894/azi_-squid_ops-barefoot-black_hair-blue_eyes-blush
Whoa how the fuck did I not know about this up until now this is fucking hot dude
skullman2033 said:
by appearances alone i thought he would have arbiters KI moveset. because that alien dude in your icon looks like a friggen sangheili
He's not. He's a dragonborn of Bahamut the was originally Human from Dungeons and Dragons. In 3.5e, the Dragonborn are actually a template that replaces some racial traits for the Dragonborn traits. Think of it as the LA +0 version of playing as a dragon dude.

Also, Dale looks the farthest from a Sangheili.
Okay, the poll is finished (even though it finished yesterday, I'm posting now!) The final scores:
MKX - 4 votes
SFV - 3 votes
Skullgirls - 0 votes

This leaves MKX as the winner! Update post coming shortly.
and a week later, he finally got around to writing the update post

So, hey, guys! As you may know by now, and to catch up any who don't, the process by which the Hypnohub fighting game's general structure was determined has been wrapped up. As decided by vote, the game will be based off of Mortal Kombat X! As such, with this decided, character creation can now begin in full. Below I'll include a bit of information about MKX's formatting for normals, command normals, specials, etc, as well as a slightly updated repost of the character template i posted earlier.

info (warning super wall of text)

template

Have at it!
TheSpoon said:
and a week later, he finally got around to writing the update post

So, hey, guys! As you may know by now, and to catch up any who don't, the process by which the Hypnohub fighting game's general structure was determined has been wrapped up. As decided by vote, the game will be based off of Mortal Kombat X! As such, with this decided, character creation can now begin in full. Below I'll include a bit of information about MKX's formatting for normals, command normals, specials, etc, as well as a slightly updated repost of the character template i posted earlier.

info (warning super wall of text)

template

Have at it!
That's a lot of stuff that I can't keep up with because I'm lazy when it comes to certain things and this is more of a post to revive this idea.

As for my Character, Dale, here's a few ideas for his gameplay style:

Style of gameplay: Brawler: He's more of the type to get in your face and land blow after blow. His fighting style with his wings would allow him for short time flight and ease with air combos.

Special Moves: His special moves may involve tech-based mind control, like the holographic spiral seen here: http://hypnohub.net/post/show/47768
For ranged attacks, he may use his fire breath modified to create hypnotic flames and also fire hypno darts from his revolver.

Stage: Dale may be a secret character, because I kinda want him to be a strong opponent. Therefor to unlock him (And his stage), you'd have to beat him in his stage. I was thinking perhaps a dark temple room lit by torches, and in the background is a large shrine with a Platinum Statue of a Dragon, meant to represent Bahamut, his patron deity.
Stage theme: https://youtu.be/lcQ853ibg08
Oooh maybe I could be a character in it if I were real~ I can take my moveset out of Tangled and use a frying pan as a weapon and take a page out of the Joker and throw pies at people (As well as cake and other baked goods). And as a little nod to the Beware the Nice Ones trope I could have guns and a dildo bat like my Saints Row picture and beat and shoot people to kingdom come. And for my super move, I could invite people to a nice home with food comfy furniture and all the good stuff like a Stepford Household, only to proceed to blow up the house with them in it >:3
StepfordCrimson said:
Oooh maybe I could be a character in it if I were real~ I can take my moveset out of Tangled and use a frying pan as a weapon and take a page out of the Joker and throw pies at people (As well as cake and other baked goods). And as a little nod to the Beware the Nice Ones trope I could have guns and a dildo bat like my Saints Row picture and beat and shoot people to kingdom come. And for my super move, I could invite people to a nice home with food comfy furniture and all the good stuff like a Stepford Household, only to proceed to blow up the house with them in it >:3
A Comical character? I like it.
StepfordCrimson said:
I can take my moveset out of Tangled and use a frying pan as a weapon and take a page out of the Joker and throw pies at people (As well as cake and other baked goods). And for my super move, I could invite people to a nice home with food comfy furniture and all the good stuff like a Stepford Household, only to proceed to blow up the house with them in it >:3
I loved your moveset more than i should~

Also, you forgot one move.
I was going to continue drawing the other characters but I'm ultra busy with everything I have pending in DA.
DouDile said:
I was going to continue drawing the other characters but I'm ultra busy with everything I have pending in DA.
Ah man.
Kaa'lin senpai plz dont izuna drop me
Lol well, that's something that she would probably have.

I was thinking she'd have more of a grappler style, with her ultimate being based around like Look me in the eye with BOTH eyes, where she holds you and forces you to look....or something like that lol. Plus I do like playing as Zangief in street fighter, and I do enjoy wrestling so...yeah lol

I had almost forgotten about this!
mariosonicfan said:
Lol well, that's something that she would probably have.

I was thinking she'd have more of a grappler style, with her ultimate being based around like Look me in the eye with BOTH eyes, where she holds you and forces you to look....or something like that lol. Plus I do like playing as Zangief in street fighter, and I do enjoy wrestling so...yeah lol

I had almost forgotten about this!
i'd imagine Kaalin as a boss grappler that you can unlock and play as

perhaps at the beginning of the match, she hyps the opponent and becomes a larger, more monstrous illusion of herself?
Ohhh I'd love to be in a HH fighting game

though not sure what type of character id be :P I know I might be some can of grappler
I honestly wonder how a HH Fighting game would work. Shame I don't have an OC. :p

I can't help think of Midnight bliss though. I can imagine each character would have some sort of specific thing they do to their opponents.
TheSpoon said:
i'd imagine Kaalin as a boss grappler that you can unlock and play as

perhaps at the beginning of the match, she hyps the opponent and becomes a larger, more monstrous illusion of herself?
Hmm, perhaps, although with her magic she really wouldn't have to, she could maintain her frame and still toss you about lol ;)

If it is in the style of street fighter I could definitely see Kaa'lin as one of the last 4 big threats much like Balrog Vega Sagat and Bison were in street fighter 2.

Of course if that wouldn't work I could see her as a more shoto character that uses her tail to have some mid range control, blowing big kiss hearts instead of hadoukens he heh.
Kachopper9 said:
I honestly wonder how a HH Fighting game would work. Shame I don't have an OC. :p

I can't help think of Midnight bliss though. I can imagine each character would have some sort of specific thing they do to their opponents.
Oh midnight bliss! That would be cool if every character that had like their signature hypno move that did...something like that.
If I could think of a combat style, it would be a combination of mixed martial arts and elemental skills.
A common style of kicking, punching and elemental damage.
My basic skills would perhaps be the ones in my profile picture.
In case this fighting game exists...it would be interesting to have 3 special techniques.

1) My first technique would simply be to shoot fire from a distance.

2) My second technique would be the typical one of giving several combos.

3) My last technique would be to hit with the fire and the ice, to kick down with the wind element to finally give a last kick with the lightning element executing an electric tsunami.

I don't know...I have dreams in which this game really exists playing with Dale, Crimson, Hypno-tan, Kaa'lin among others.
I'll come up with a more detailed list of moves and such after work tomorrow. This got me inspired he heh!
mariosonicfan said:
Hmm, perhaps, although with her magic she really wouldn't have to, she could maintain her frame and still toss you about lol ;)

If it is in the style of street fighter I could definitely see Kaa'lin as one of the last 4 big threats much like Balrog Vega Sagat and Bison were in street fighter 2.

Of course if that wouldn't work I could see her as a more shoto character that uses her tail to have some mid range control, blowing big kiss hearts instead of hadoukens he heh.
honestly i cant see kaa'lin as anything but a morrigan from darkstalkers clone sans the tech based attacks

and you still get your wish as morrigan is the ryu of darkstalkers essentially.

maybe have one of her supers be the izuna drop but when she reaches max height it shows a splash image of her using the kaa eyes on her opponent....before you know, spinning piledriver-ing them into the ground
Kachopper9 said:

no, Solaris gets the midnight bliss, infact solaris is out and out just dmitri mixed with jedah
I was thinking if we go the 3D movement route. Dale's signature moves gotta be like Raoh's from Ken's Rage: https://youtu.be/Xg3fMdIRlJk?t=952
Oh I know :D I can be a damage over time character with corruption being my main thing :P. I don't do that much damage but can keep people locked down why my main damage is the DoT on my opponents My instakill move (like in BlazBlue) would be Corrupting Heart- Where I forcefully turn my opponent into my corrupted thrall to end the match.

I like to think our user names have like a title sort of deal say for me it would be
Jaclyn- Princess of Corruption

Crimson- Stepford fighter

Genna - Droolomon fighter :P
Now that I have an OC I wonder what I'd be like in it. Something a bit odd I feel
Imasuky said:
Now that I have an OC I wonder what I'd be like in it. Something a bit odd I feel
I think a long ranged fighter would fit you ^_^
Oh hey, this again
Have I shown some of my concept sketches for this yet? I forget. I tried to keep the characters as original as I could, and tried not to make any of them clones of existing fighting game characters.

https://i.imgur.com/NgCf3W6r.jpg
Hypno-tan I'd imagine would make a great basic character, with a simple anti-air that would change its trajectory depending on the strength of the attack button pressed. She also has a projectile that does no damage, but makes the opponent helplessly walk towards her, setting up for free attacks.

https://i.imgur.com/etsdiG6r.jpg
Erika would be a zoning character, with her stronger attacks involving kaa stretching out in front, adding additional range. I also imagine she would have an extended grab attack, that could grab enemies from afar, granted you land it in the sweet spot.

https://i.imgur.com/VyWuR2dr.jpg
Awake-san would be a pure rushdown character, and would have a heavy focus on getting aggressively close to her opponent. She also has a special move that involves her sipping a cuppa coffee, temporarily giving her an adrenaline boost, making her attacks count as two hits instead of one.

https://i.imgur.com/HN47rwZr.jpg
Dark hat boy would be all about hard reads, with his specials being a projectile reflector, as well as a counter. His character seems to be rather smug, and I figured most of the time he would be walking around with his hands in his pockets, letting his hat do most of his basic attacks for him.

That's all I really have sketched out so far
IttyBit said:
Oh hey, this again
Have I shown some of my concept sketches for this yet? I forget. I tried to keep the characters as original as I could, and tried not to make any of them clones of existing fighting game characters.

Hypno-tan I'd imagine would make a great basic character, with a simple anti-air that would change its trajectory depending on the strength of the attack button pressed. She also has a projectile that does no damage, but makes the opponent helplessly walk towards her, setting up for free attacks.

Erika would be a zoning character, with her stronger attacks involving kaa stretching out in front, adding additional range. I also imagine she would have an extended grab attack, that could grab enemies from afar, granted you land it in the sweet spot.

Awake-san would be a pure rushdown character, and would have a heavy focus on getting aggressively close to her opponent. She also has a special move that involves her sipping a cuppa coffee, temporarily giving her an adrenaline boost, making her attacks count as two hits instead of one.

Dark hat boy would be all about hard reads, with his specials being a projectile reflector, as well as a counter. His character seems to be rather smug, and I figured most of the time he would be walking around with his hands in his pockets, letting his hat do most of his basic attacks for him.

AWESOME SKETCHES!
Would be pretty funny if the victory screen for the sites subs is them happily hypnotized, or whether they won OR lost!
time for another character concept change. because i cant make up my fucking mind,

just make me mvci iron man by strapping a unibeam and gauntlet/boots on me and replace my level one with pheonix wrights "Maya!?" super. and call it done,

so we've all come to the conclusion that this is more than likely not gonna happen and we're just using this topic as a conversation piece right?
IttyBit said:
Oh hey, this again

All of those are super cool.
Considering the context of my OC that I’m having drawn, I guess he’d be like Menat. (With that weird orb tech) although I’ve said this multiple times, in his dom form I’d just DIE for him to be God Rugal.