I'll probably put one up at some point. There are unofficial ones floating around out there at the moment, I just don't want to make a guide and then have to redo it if/when I tweak the points.
cypress_z said:
I'll probably put one up at some point. There are unofficial ones floating around out there at the moment, I just don't want to make a guide and then have to redo it if/when I tweak the points.
I know that most VN's have a point system as a way to check progress, but is there any way to actually check in game how many points you have?

Edit: By this I mean to check it before the end of a chapter.
averageguy17 said:
I know that most VN's have a point system as a way to check progress, but is there any way to actually check in game how many points you have?

Edit: By this I mean to check it before the end of a chapter.
maybe that should be a new game plus feature. Since we reached the stretch goal to have multiple endings, there's incentive to play through multiple times (as if there wasn't one already) and the point counter could be a feature meant to help expedite the process.
AH by the way, I found a bug I think.

In the 3rd chapter, After Jason finishes the event with Sarah on the third day, It says Jason on the word-box but the quote is "Geeze Jason, what were you trying to do, melt my brain?" which I'm assuming isn't his quote, but his sisters. If you need the order in which I did the events; it was Noelle, Jane, Sarah.
I love snow daze so far and I hope to see more of it in the future! (And more of sarah(cuz dog girls are so cuuuute x3))
EoD said:
So Sarah is my favorite so far
I can only agree, dog girl=best waifu
Cype-senpai it was really wonderful! Where does the music come from? It was amazing ;__;.

My only feedback would be to have the girls' portraits changed to a hypnotized look instead of just special scenes. But Jane had one so I I think you got that already. >3<

As much as I love swirly eyes and non-sexual things I think those are both not in your vision for this game, just a personal thing with me. Not sure how much I want to play the remaining days for where the story was going but it's all really well done and I'm impressed. ^_^

Good luck on continuing development. ^u^
So this is a thing i noticed that could potentially be adjusted, but I've found that i have great difficulty pairing the girl's names to faces- like, I'm not going to forget who's who in a "mom, tomboy sister, girly sister, serious sister" sense, but when the game refers to them by name, i tend to get confused and take a moment to think "okay, which one was Jane again?" (And in the case of the point tally at the end of each day, it all just sort of goes in one ear out the other for me)

My suggestion is to assign each girl a "color", and make sure that whenever one's mentioned by name, that bit of text is in that girl's color- dunno if that's doable in Renpy, or even how much effort it would take, but would come in handy for new players, i bet

colors i think make sense are

Noelle: Purple
Jane: Red
Kira: Green
Sarah: Either Blue or Pink, noticed an about equal distribution in her designs
ShadowSeraphim said:
So this is a thing i noticed that could potentially be adjusted, but I've found that i have great difficulty pairing the girl's names to faces- like, I'm not going to forget who's who in a "mom, tomboy sister, girly sister, serious sister" sense, but when the game refers to them by name, i tend to get confused and take a moment to think "okay, which one was Jane again?" (And in the case of the point tally at the end of each day, it all just sort of goes in one ear out the other for me)

My suggestion is to assign each girl a "color", and make sure that whenever one's mentioned by name, that bit of text is in that girl's color- dunno if that's doable in Renpy, or even how much effort it would take, but would come in handy for new players, i bet

I second this entire comment
averageguy17 said:
Bug Report
Fixed, thanks! The fix will go in the next release.

JamesF said:
Cype-senpai it was really wonderful! Where does the music come from? It was amazing ;__;.
The music is custom made and the musician is credited in the game's end credits. He's a professional musician, Nathaniel Platier.

ShadowSeraphim said:

I'm glad you caught on to our color scheme! It's actually a subtle part of showing their brainwashing. At first they're in darker colors with just hints of vivid color, but over time change to embrace that color. It represents how brainwashed they are.

It wouldn't work to integrate that with the UI itself, though. It's very neutral on purpose. We want everything except the girls themselves to sort of blend together in a winter dreamland. I appreciate the suggestion, though!
I know this might be a bit of a daft question but any idea in advance when the next update with a new day will happen?

I recently found this game and whilst its incomplete, and there are a few bugs in even the newest version, I am near on desperate to finish the game and cannot fault you on your work.

I ask so I won't have to keep looking every few days. I like to sometimes know ahead of time that way there is something to look forward to.

Sorry if its a daft question as I said, just curious. If I was able to ask every game creator when they thought roughly the next update would be I probably would just to stay informed.
Logan13 said:
I know this might be a bit of a daft question but any idea in advance when the next update with a new day will happen?
It'll probably take a few months. Depends on how much goes into the next version, whether it'd be just days 1-3 with voices for day 2 or if they hold off and decide to wait until day 4 is complete as well.

It takes a lot of work to get the script, art, programming, voice acting, etc. completed, so I'd guess at least a month or two minimum.

If you want more you should keep up with the patreon, since sometimes you'll find little extras like the Sarah audio scene we got a month or two ago.
So I just downloaded and played the first three chapters, and the point system is making me slightly obsessive compulsive. I know that being vague in how many total points you can get adds to the mystery and puzzle of the game.. but for the love of god does anyone know the max values for each character by the end?? I'm all about full completion and I hate not knowing if I 100%ed it or not.

Oh and great job, Cypress, I really look forward to the rest of your work. I'll donate once the game is complete or close to it as my way of paying for it.
Spoogeanator said:
So I just downloaded and played the first three chapters, and the point system is making me slightly obsessive compulsive. I know that being vague in how many total points you can get adds to the mystery and puzzle of the game.. but for the love of god does anyone know the max values for each character by the end?? I'm all about full completion and I hate not knowing if I 100%ed it or not.
I have the same problem, not every girl is at the same number of points and I don't know the max, so I have no idea what it actually indicates as far as my progress. I also think it would be nice if you could see the number of points in the pause menu in a status screen of some sort, since having the points at the end of the day just means having to go through more stuff in my trial and error attempts at maxing the point values.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that in Sarah's scenes on the second day, her reflection is missing the ponytail, which looks a little off.
Hey everyone, there's a new free release for you!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/snow-daze-1-3-4-10097627
This one has some more chibi art and more expressive character portraits.

There's also new free bonus audio.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/bonus-audio-jane-10348645
Hi everyone! Just a quick bit of news and an update!

There's a release going free next month that has day 2 voices, new style chibi art and three day one chibi scenes were expanded to full scenes. It'll go free on the 10th.

Additionally chapter 4 will be released late next month to patrons. I've moved to having payments process before people are able to access a post, and it's on a monthly schedule. So if you want access to day 4 early you'll have to pledge before the 1st. Otherwise day 4 will go free to the public in late august.

After day 4 only two releases will remain. Night 4, a bonus mini-"day", and Day 5 which will end the game. We're almost done, everyone! We've basically only got 1.5 releases to go, and we'll be done before the year is. Thanks to everyone that has helped contribute to making this. It wouldn't be possible without you.
cypress_z said:
Hi everyone! Just a quick bit of news and an update!

There's a release going free next month that has day 2 voices, new style chibi art and three day one chibi scenes were expanded to full scenes. It'll go free on the 10th.

Additionally chapter 4 will be released late next month to patrons. I've moved to having payments process before people are able to access a post, and it's on a monthly schedule. So if you want access to day 4 early you'll have to pledge before the 1st. Otherwise day 4 will go free to the public in late august.

After day 4 only two releases will remain. Night 4, a bonus mini-"day", and Day 5 which will end the game. We're almost done, everyone! We've basically only got 1.5 releases to go, and we'll be done before the year is. Thanks to everyone that has helped contribute to making this. It wouldn't be possible without you.
I cannot wait to play the finished product! But alas i must, because my job does not pay me enough to pay for food, rent. AND sexy games. Keep up the hard work team!
http://imgur.com/SfUeLMf

Just thought you all might like to get a little taste of what's gonna come up on Day 4. Still a work in progress, but it's easy to see how eager Noelle is to have a good workout with Jane. Day 4 is gonna come out late this month for patrons, and to the public at the start of September.
Playing this I love it, It should be not a surprise to say that Sarah is my favorite :v, but the whole game is awesome.

I can't wait to see the fourth day xD.
Hi all, I'm here with a brand new version of the game for the public! I'm also working on another version, day 4 will be out this month to patrons and late next month for free. This version is similar to the original version but has new chibi art, replacements for three day one chibi scenes and voice acting through day two.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/snow-daze-days-1-12454336

Enjoy!
Gave Snow Daze a try last night... And I loved it!!!

Can't wait for day 4 to be released and for day 3 to get voice acting!

Keep up the amazing work Cypress the Cat Mage.