Rosvo ditches the paywall
http://www.deviantart.com/journal/Back-And-no-paywall-anymore-611206648

Highly relevant blog post which I can't be bothered to copy/past here but basically Rosvo's decided to be more relaxed about where his art's posted and has opened up his more nsfw blog to the public with no paywall.

Important questions as a result of this:
1. Will he remain on the artist blacklist on the hub?
2. How long will it take to go through the backlog of all his blog posts now?
All of those are good questions. I read his post on his dA profile, and while he won't be removing watermarks from past commissions, he won't be putting the watermark on any future commissions.

It partly has to do with Rosvo having income from other sources, so he doesn't have to solely rely on money from commissions anymore.

I'm hoping this leads to him relaxing his stance and requesting to not have his works blacklisted on HH.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
All of those are good questions. I read his post on his dA profile, and while he won't be removing watermarks from past commissions, he won't be putting the watermark on any future commissions.

It partly has to do with Rosvo having income from other sources, so he doesn't have to solely rely on money from commissions anymore.

I'm hoping this leads to him relaxing his stance and requesting to not have his works blacklisted on HH.
Well he won't be removing them from the DA posts of them, all the unwatermarked pics are on his blogspot though.
locustshoes said:
Well he won't be removing them from the DA posts of them, all the unwatermarked pics are on his blogspot though.
Ah, cool. Didn't pick up on that when I read his post, so thanks for adding that info.
I seem to recall that Rosvo is DNP because he wants all comments on his works to be not spread around multiple sites but rather one (or two, given nsfw blog) locations. If I'm remembering that correctly, then him removing the paywall won't change his DNP status here.

Plus, I mean, "feel less stress about it when I see one of my pic on another site" isn't the same as "I'm okay with boorus or the like uploading my art even with correct attribution and linking to me."

Could be wrong though.
Taiho said:
I seem to recall that Rosvo is DNP because he wants all comments on his works to be not spread around multiple sites but rather one (or two, given nsfw blog) locations. If I'm remembering that correctly, then him removing the paywall won't change his DNP status here.

Plus, I mean, "feel less stress about it when I see one of my pic on another site" isn't the same as "I'm okay with boorus or the like uploading my art even with correct attribution and linking to me."

Could be wrong though.
Ah, okay. Well, we can still hope. There's a few works I commissioned him that I'd like to share directly on HypnoHub. So far, I can only link them. >.>
Taiho said:
I seem to recall that Rosvo is DNP because he wants all comments on his works to be not spread around multiple sites but rather one (or two, given nsfw blog) locations. If I'm remembering that correctly, then him removing the paywall won't change his DNP status here.

Plus, I mean, "feel less stress about it when I see one of my pic on another site" isn't the same as "I'm okay with boorus or the like uploading my art even with correct attribution and linking to me."

Could be wrong though.
Basically, you're right. Rosvo's DNP status, from what I understand, has to do with the fact he wants to know what people think of him, and to that end he wants to control what's uploaded where. That's his choice, and has nothing to do with any paywalls.

My guess for why he doesn't just make an account here is he already has DeviantArt and his own sites to worry about, and doesn't want to have to worry about another one. Also the Hub has attribution rules, but no real rules about uploading stuff from other members of the site. Danimarion and oo_sebastian_oo have accounts here, but oftentimes their works are uploaded by other members.

So if he gets an account here to upload selectively, it's inevitably going to happen that someone posts the works he doesn't want on here.
Well, looks like I'll have to continue holding off on posting my Rosvo commissions. If anyone is interested, I can link them in this thread, since the thread I last linked them is probably five or six pages back.
Seems like all the dropbox links on his blog went 404, all the art that is left are those pics he actually uploaded on the blog itself (and those are only smaller versions). If anyone saved the dropbox only pics and is willing to share a zip, it would be highly appreciated :3.
Dantus said:
Seems like all the dropbox links on his blog went 404, all the art that is left are those pics he actually uploaded on the blog itself (and those are only smaller versions). If anyone saved the dropbox only pics and is willing to share a zip, it would be highly appreciated :3.
Rosvo himself noticed this and is going to upload the Dropbox stuff in a big zip-file to another host. Seems he got the Internet Hug of Death and Dropbox started complaining about the traffic.

Source is in the blog.
NamesAreForTheWeak said:
Rosvo himself noticed this and is going to upload the Dropbox stuff in a big zip-file to another host. Seems he got the Internet Hug of Death and Dropbox started complaining about the traffic.

Source is in the blog.
I completely missed that. Guess reading is for the weak *hides behind the sofa in shame*...

EDIT: Nevermind, he used uploaded.net, which means you'll need 3 hours per file. And he uploaded 13 of them (and you need them all to unzip).
NamesAreForTheWeak said:
Basically, you're right. Rosvo's DNP status, from what I understand, has to do with the fact he wants to know what people think of him, and to that end he wants to control what's uploaded where. That's his choice, and has nothing to do with any paywalls.
This is more or less the case.

He was also very pissed that someone uploaded his entire art collection to the old hypnobooru (which was our name before we became HypnoHub), all within the span of a week, and all without permission. His ultimate reasoning was what you described, but he was also particularly unhappy with us.
Yikes. If you decide to toss the paywall, why use an obnoxious service like uploaded.net? You guys want to collaborate and download a piece each then share it? I'm currently doing part 12.
Zhingouz said:
Yikes. If you decide to toss the paywall, why use an obnoxious service like uploaded.net? You guys want to collaborate and download a piece each then share it? I'm currently doing part 12.
True, if you're gonna do something like that you may as well use something like Zippyshare which is great for filesharing. Or MEGA. Rosvo's also said that if anyone wants to upload them to those sites that's fine by him "now they're out there"
locustshoes said:
True, if you're gonna do something like that you may as well use something like Zippyshare which is great for filesharing. Or MEGA.
MEGA is probably the best. Personally, once I have all the files I'll start seeding a torrent.
Want to grab a piece and help out?
Zhingouz said:
Yikes. If you decide to toss the paywall, why use an obnoxious service like uploaded.net? You guys want to collaborate and download a piece each then share it? I'm currently doing part 12.
I'll go ahead and get 13
Zhingouz said:
MEGA is probably the best. Personally, once I have all the files I'll start seeding a torrent.
Want to grab a piece and help out?
I'm getting part 1. I don't use torrents though so if you can make a MEGA too that'd be much appreciated. I'll PM you my link on Zippyshare when I'm done
plsignore said:
I'll go ahead and get 13
Great!

I'll edit this post as we get live links to the different parts and post a torrent once I have all of them.

Part 1: locustshoes (https://mega.nz/#!05Z2lYYK!6zkAWfrepdby4EdnuI9fcSBcudd6nonhhW46f66JA2w )
Part 2: Siegfried013 (https://mega.nz/#!7hUxRTDC!NopUV-NX4OEWfXV4vw-nH10OWGnfcSlupR_4twXTv7E )
Part 3: locustshoes (https://mega.nz/#!J5pn1KhT!6zPaGCv3uzL4Lxbbb749Mzbwg-u837zHjMGzTwuF3oo )
Part 4: NamesAreForTheWeak (https://mega.nz/#!R9wnBaAY!XWtKIBZUbYzqfrgKrdFSlOB0OMB1FvoeB-oMUi7r82k )
Part 5: locustshoes (currently downloading)
Part 6: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!hQtSDTxK!XE2JwmpYMSLfHoS-TgxLgkxN_YZYiwYJUWgRWdU-EWw )
Part 7: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!EFdGCbiC!2-V9fL7ACJwxKoTrWE9vD8_7ShBtXc38D3zizNcZHzk )
Part 8: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!YFtygDra!iCysepMef8htnQcLJqTU-CzphPRq-15dYNU13UuSZRs )
Part 9: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!gMMjSB4I!PnFghsH5YKjtsfg1FECjLT_ibbf43Eo8gAUUKsYzAcI )
Part 10: NamesAreForTheWeak (https://mega.nz/#!5gBjyQ4C!d0wnaD-YXo7b6tqdbJZrkXYBJ-mCeFziUyllZ8KyFSM )
Part 11: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!FYsCFBiB!VUbOKEZvq5nt1Cnjk9xCTj8zfx7AjKQQl4CZzmgTpv8 )
Part 12: Zhingouz (https://mega.nz/#!xU0DHazb!yF79E7XHSZty0aoutarYlAEt8tfCfacCbNwkhdEibKU )
Part 13: plsignore https://mega.nz/#!wBt2VJID!bO2eN_cNE9RJfGtlV_bQXxTSVSbUzcfsj5FU0q2_LiE )

Full archive download: https://mega.nz/#!lQU1xCjD!6PAQSrhamFXzjAEfGwlwnaAB0EL0NX-CnPhn5z1nxus

Torrent download: https://mega.nz/#!FQUBACgT!jioQrG2ftWm7eBBey_zp-HJG91CYHjBsptpnA_E5bD0
Torrent magnet: spoiler
locustshoes said:
I'm getting part 1. I don't use torrents though so if you can make a MEGA too that'd be much appreciated. I'll PM you my link on Zippyshare when I'm done
Super. I added you to the tracker list so we don't do any double downloads.
I'm getting part 2
Siegfried013 said:
I'm getting part 2
Added you as well :)
Oh sweet managed to use a proxy and currently DLing part 3
locustshoes said:
Oh sweet managed to use a proxy and currently DLing part 3
Nice - which one? I could run some parallels as well.
Zhingouz said:
Nice - which one? I could run some parallels as well.
Just the ZenMate plugin on Chrome, running through a Hong Kong connection but it's much slower than normal because its the free version. I think I have another VPN plugin I might try after this one's done to see if it's any better, but it's a start. Tor doesn't work with Uploaded from my experience.
FINALLY. That only took me over an hour. This had better be worth it https://mega.nz/#!wBt2VJID!bO2eN_cNE9RJfGtlV_bQXxTSVSbUzcfsj5FU0q2_LiE
aaaand here's part 1: https://mega.nz/#!05Z2lYYK!6zkAWfrepdby4EdnuI9fcSBcudd6nonhhW46f66JA2w

That final "minute" of downloading took forever. Still a while to wait for part 3 though. I'd say this was a bigger event for the Hub's userbase than that jimryu leak a couple of months back
locustshoes said:
aaaand here's part 1: https://mega.nz/#!05Z2lYYK!6zkAWfrepdby4EdnuI9fcSBcudd6nonhhW46f66JA2w

That final "minute" of downloading took forever. Still a while to wait for part 3 though. I'd say this was a bigger event for the Hub's userbase than that jimryu leak a couple of months back
It's going to be lots of fun trawling through the content in this pack :) I still can't start any more downloads due to that idiotic wait time between downloads. I'll fiddle some more with a VPN tomorrow - it's real late here.
Zhingouz said:
It's going to be lots of fun trawling through the content in this pack :) I still can't start any more downloads due to that idiotic wait time between downloads. I'll fiddle some more with a VPN tomorrow - it's real late here.
Yeah I've been extracting the ones I do have - but a couple of files are failing to extract (Bianca from part 1, Tea the Cat from part 12, USB Ultron Defence Bot from part 13)
locustshoes said:
Yeah I've been extracting the ones I do have - but a couple of files are failing to extract (Bianca from part 1, Tea the Cat from part 12, USB Ultron Defence Bot from part 13)
Which Bianca pic? There's three pics he did for me involving her, though one isn't hypno. I do have non-watermarked versions of them and the Sailor Mercury/Morrigan pic that started that Succubus Scouts series, so I could either link them or the watermarked versions off of dA.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
Which Bianca pic? There's three pics he did for me involving her, though one isn't hypno. I do have non-watermarked versions of them and the Sailor Mercury/Morrigan pic that started that Succubus Scouts series, so I could either link them or the watermarked versions off of dA.
The file names are just Bianca.png, Tea the Cat 03.png and USB Ultron Defence Bot.png. Some of them haven't extracted properly either. Maybe it's cos I'm doing them one at a time
https://mega.nz/#!J5pn1KhT!6zPaGCv3uzL4Lxbbb749Mzbwg-u837zHjMGzTwuF3oo

Part 3. Will get more tomorrow if they haven't already been done by then