Pinkanator said:
Mystery Inc. was so fucking good if you're willing to accept

A. Ongoing story arcs
B. Blatent shipping
C. Exploitable jokes
I do love exploitable jokes....

However, I heard it only got 2 seasons. Does it end on a satisfying conclusion or does it end on a cliffhanger/ season 3 teaser that will never come/ etc. ?

Nothing pisses me off more than a rushed ending. (Which is funny because as an avid anime watcher, any anime getting a second season is a godsend)

*or if you're Code Geass, a season 3 that is totally unnecessary after a satisfying conclusion that tied everything up and is probably just Bandai milking the series for cash. -_-
averageguy17 said:
I do love exploitable jokes....

However, I heard it only got 2 seasons. Does it end on a satisfying conclusion or does it end on a cliffhanger/ season 3 teaser that will never come/ etc. ?

Nothing pisses me off more than a rushed ending. (Which is funny because as an avid anime watcher, any anime getting a second season is a godsend)

*or if you're Code Geass, a season 3 that is totally unnecessary after a satisfying conclusion that tied everything up and is probably just Bandai milking the series for cash. -_-
It ends and answers everything it set up, but it WAS definitely rushed to the finish, and the ending itself, is... bizarre. Still worth watching imo, but the ending could have been better.

Also fuck never-ending cliffhangers i just want to know what happened with stocking
Watched Hot Fuzz and The Accountant over the past few days. The former is in my top five favorite movies ever, so I don't think I'll need to explain myself on what I feel on that one.

The latter is a pretty fun thriller. Not a game changer by any stature (the film's music choices are weird and some plot points can be seen a mile away) but an interesting story and characters help elevate it from it's goofy but workable premise (picture Jason Bourne meets Rain Man and you have a good idea of what it's like). Plus it's nice seeing something decent with Ben Affleck in it, especially after how shitty last year was to the guy.
Pinkanator said:
Also fuck never-ending cliffhangers i just want to know what happened with stocking
Likewise, though I can appreciate that GAINAX essentially had that ending be a thing to troll their fans and viewers (more so the Trigger side of GAINAX, before the big split). Still, I'd love to see some official Demon Stocking (the fanart for such is FANTASTIC~).
Pinkanator said:
It ends and answers everything it set up, but it WAS definitely rushed to the finish, and the ending itself, is... bizarre. Still worth watching imo, but the ending could have been better.

I'm assuming you're talking about Panty and Stocking. I never watched the series, but the ending is so infamous that even I know about it. Didn't Gainax say that there was supposed to be something announced about P&S in december of last year? Do you know what that was?
averageguy17 said:
I'm assuming you're talking about Panty and Stocking. I never watched the series, but the ending is so infamous that even I know about it. Didn't Gainax say that there was supposed to be something announced about P&S in december of last year? Do you know what that was?
I heard rumors of a sequel manga, but nothing concrete.
averageguy17 said:
Yes

a pop up cafe
Pinkanator said:
Yes

a pop up cafe
Oooo.... JUST WHAT THE FANS WANT, AM I RIGHT?

A satisfying conclusion, psh.. what fans REALLY want is a temporary cafe that is limited to only those lucky enough to be able to go to it.

I've never even watched the show, and I'm still pissed. What a stupid marketing practice.
averageguy17 said:
Oooo.... JUST WHAT THE FANS WANT, AM I RIGHT?

A satisfying conclusion, psh.. what fans REALLY want is a temporary cafe that is limited to only those lucky enough to be able to go to it.

I've never even watched the show, and I'm still pissed. What a stupid marketing practice.
they know how much we want it ergo we must suffer
There's also the fact that GAINAX is focusing most of its attention on the last Evangelion Relaunch movie, as well as a bunch of side projects to keep money coming in. Not to mention that half its team (and frankly it's probably the most talented half of the team) split off after PSG to form Trigger, which is now a rival animation company that is getting a lot more attention and love. So GAINAX has neither the time nor manpower to really devote to continuing PSG.

So yeah, we have to suffer. And I'm worried about Kill la Kill getting a second season, if Little Witch Academia the series is any indication. Not that it's bad: the animation is really good, but they did blow their budget. But about halfway through the series it loses some of its charm and becomes more of a generic slice of life series. Plus, the endings for episodes 24 and 25 of KLK made it clear that that was the end of it.

........please, let the milking stop. It's not the sexy kind of milking, it's the kind that makes me depressed...
Well last weekend, me and Ami went out to see Beauty and the Beast. It was so beautiful, I teared up a couple of times~ Emma Watson makes a great Belle, visuals were breathtaking, and I enjoy the new songs they put in. Though I wouldn't say it's BETTER than the original animated movie, but it's still worth it~
StepfordCrimson said:
Well last weekend, me and Ami went out to see Beauty and the Beast. It was so beautiful, I teared up a couple of times~ Emma Watson makes a great Belle, visuals were breathtaking, and I enjoy the new songs they put in. Though I wouldn't say it's BETTER than the original animated movie, but it's still worth it~
I'm hearing so many mixed opinions on it. For every nice one like your's I hear a super negative one.

I'll wait until it's out of theaters cause I kind of want to see it but not enough to buy a ticket like that.
Imasuky said:
I'm hearing so many mixed opinions on it. For every nice one like your's I hear a super negative one.

I'll wait until it's out of theaters cause I kind of want to see it but not enough to buy a ticket like that.
A friend from anime club went to see it last week and told me that the live action version was almost a direct scene-for-scene recreation of the animated one from 93, outside of a couple of extra songs and some additional dialogue. She told me that she wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has seen the animated movie, so I'm going to pass on seeing the live action version.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
A friend from anime club went to see it last week and told me that the live action version was almost a direct scene-for-scene recreation of the animated one from 93, outside of a couple of extra songs and some additional dialogue. She told me that she wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has seen the animated movie, so I'm going to pass on seeing the live action version.
One big thing is if you read the comic Manly Guys, the author had a pretty big twitter rant about the moive. And it's the kind of thing that hearing some of these points makes me wonder.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
I can safely say that is a complete and total lie. Not wrong, a straight up lie. There is a good amount of new scenes characters, changes and other stuff like that. Albeit some of them ARE pointless. Spoilers, I guess. But this is NOT important in anyway in the movie, just trust me However Actual spoilers
someguy231 said:
Well, I just saw the great wall. Was a good movie overall.
So, I'mma touch up on something that I felt from this movie wasn't at its full potential, and that's the movie's villain: the Tao Tei. Basically, the lore behind the Tao Tei in The Great Wall is that they're these beings from OUTER FUCKING SPACE that the celestials sent in order to punish a greedy emperor from long ago. And you're wondering how're they from OUTER FUCKING SPACE?! They were sent via a meteor, WHICHCOMEFROMOUTERFUCKINGSPACE!

Though, In my honest opinion, I kinda wanted to know more about these creatures far from they're death lizards from outer fucking space and that their weakness is a magnet.

On a side note, General Lin is hot as fuck. Had to say it, I have severe yellow fever.
*comes in wearing a Purple Jungle Fury costume*

So I took StepfordCrimson to go see Power Rangers and, as the big Power Rangers fan that I am I can safely say.... It was okay.

The movie definitely had problems, the designs for the power suits, Zords, Zordon, Goldar and Rita were stupid, some of the choices for music were questionable, some plot points were stupid or useless, like how Rita was apparently the original green ranger, and some of the characters could've been handled better.

But I felt the movie had a good amount of positives too. The characters, while not the best, nothing (to me) about them was hateable, and I appreciate them having to actually put in effort in becoming friends. Some parts of the movie actually did get me to laugh and I liked the action. Also I appreciate the movie not feeling like the show it was based off and it felt like it was trying to be its own thing. Though that could turn off some fans of the original show.

Overall if you're looking for a decent or dumb but fun movie, I'd say check it out. You may be disappointed if you really loved the show, but if you accept it as its own movie, just with Power Rangers, but to me it was worth it. And if you did like the show, at least think of it this way: it's better than the first two Power Rangers movies (Though for some people I realize that's not saying much) :P

The Krispy Kreme product placement is unforgivable tho
I watched a movie a couple days ago called:
Train to Busan.
Its on Netflix, its a Korean movie.
Very good movie.
4.7 out of 5.
Watched a movie that's been on my "to get to" list for far too long yesterday.

Gridlock'd- stars Tim Roth and Tupac Shakur as drug addicts looking to get into rehab. It was released a few months after Tupac's death, and honestly was a waay better movie than it has any right to be. A bit of a period piece for the mid 90s in the inner city, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

A bit of a reminder of the tragedy of Tupac's death. He was a much better actor than I had thought he would be going into the film, and it gets me doing that "what if?" sort of thing.

My only real complaint is that... well, they had Tupac, but he's not used on any of the tracks that play in the movie itself. There are a few tracks that I think he did for the movie, but I'm fairly certain there's just one used in the end bit and another over the credits.

I recommend it a lot regardless, it was a good movie. Certainly not flawless, but funny and well acted, with an extraordinarily odd casting list that makes it worth the novelty at the very least.
Since Netflix put up Mystery Science Theater 3000 I watchted "Manos" the hands of fate....Dear sweet merciful god....It's so bad. I mean just bad in a bad way.

It's so boring, it's only because of them making fun of it that I managed to get trough it. And the plot makes no sense!

I'd heard the movie was made to win a bet...honestly no bet would be worth it...
I wanna know is Ghost in the Shell is any good before I go see it. Anyone help me out?
House of wax 2005 ish
StepfordCrimson said:
I wanna know is Ghost in the Shell is any good before I go see it. Anyone help me out?
I haven't seen it personally, but the general consensus seems to be that it's an eh film overall. Very impressive visually and some good performances from most of the supporting cast, but Johansson (fuck that name is a nightmare to spell) acts poorly and very wooden throughout which hurts it a lot. And the plot/writing, while passable, isn't anything special. If you just want to see something pretty, catch it at a cheap matinee, if you're looking for a more impressive movie as a whole, skip it and check out something else.

That help?
Had the opportunity of seeing Your Name today. And godDAYUM, what a hell of a movie it was. Sincere, gorgeous and unpredictable, with moments of genuine awe. It felt like it had five different endings, but that wasn't enough to bring it down for me. If you can find a screening, go for it; Its got visuals that MUST be seen on the big screen.
SlackerSavior said:
I haven't seen it personally, but the general consensus seems to be that it's an eh film overall. Very impressive visually and some good performances from most of the supporting cast, but Johansson (fuck that name is a nightmare to spell) acts poorly and very wooden throughout which hurts it a lot. And the plot/writing, while passable, isn't anything special. If you just want to see something pretty, catch it at a cheap matinee, if you're looking for a more impressive movie as a whole, skip it and check out something else.

That help?
That's a pretty fair assessment.

Visuals were good. The plot wasn't bad but as a whole the movie lacked energy which is fairly unfortunate.

Anyone see Lost City of Z? I was hoping to see it but there aren't any nearby theaters showing it.
Bon Cop, Bad Co. A Canadian buddy cop moive, it was a pretty enjoyable moive with good amount of humor and action.

Also the killer's motive is oddly hilarious.
Guardians of The Freakin Galaxy: Vol. 2

I think this might be one of the legitimately best Marvel movies they've had in a while. Yes, I really enjoyed the last few, but they all had problems that mired it down for me. This is the first movie they've done since Ant-Man where I can honestly say almost everything in this film works. I was absolutely hooked from start to finish, and, even though I pretty much knew exactly where the film was going, the ride was certainly worth it.

Yeah, Nebula's development is rushed as all hell, the villain isn't the perfect one we're all still waiting for (though he gets damn closer than most), the addition of 4 AFTER CREDITS SCENES is a little much, and MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS, I was really fucking impressed.

GG Marvel. And, here's to the next hit. Never thought I'd be ungodly hyped for a THOR movie of all things.
On the subject of Guardians of the Galaxy I fully expect to see robotization based on those robot-strippers early in the movie.
Mr.H said:
On the subject of Guardians of the Galaxy I fully expect to see robotization based on those robot-strippers early in the movie.
For all the opportunities the MCU provides with MC content, there's very little of it.
Mr.H said:
I just want mc art with Mantis tbh just because she is the cutest MCU character ever! Also I want to discuss Mantis' powers as she has the power to influence peoples emotions so would that be considered some kind of mc power? Since she is manipulating the mind in some form.