Contorted said:
"Now, what's a war hero to do to get some lubricant around here?"

Also seeing Isle of Dogs this weekend as well!
Tell me how it is! <3
Saw avengers infinity war last night long story short it was an awesome movie worth watching.
I knew this thread would blow up as soon as Infinity War came out
I saw Rampage last week and it was fairly good. :)
someguy231 said:
I wanna see that movie that be the next one i see.
someguy231 said:
As did I. Dumb as shit but fun. Also saw Isle of Dogs as promised and found it to be a delight.

Seeing Infinity War this weekend as well. A 12:00 showing to be precise.
finally watched black panther and I have somewhat mixed feelings

I liked the universe design and the actor who played t'chala is okay but the movie suffers from a lack of character relatability or depth which only makes the fact that the movie is pretty slow, boring and unengaging a lot worse

it varies between having a decent visual presence and being kind of boring to look at, not to mention a lot of it looks really fake. the african music was cool but the shitty pop songs annoyed me and clearly were only there to pander to the normies who the film is made for

the music can also be kind of impatient. it shifts tones a lot, often multiple times in one scene. i can think of at least one scene that i think would have been better if they had stuck with the high-energy tribal drums instead of just lazily bleeding into some generic orchestral shit

Some of the shots were pretty nice, but the way the fights were shot was kind of janky and the camera stayed way too close to the actors a lot of the time. it almost kind of felt like the camera was trying to keep the pg-13 rating intact by darting the fuck around and not showing any of the more extreme violence, despite the fact that a few decent cheats showed that they clearly could have done this much better if they tried

i did like the suit quite a bit, it looked really nice, but the fight scenes all feel completely without stakes because t'chala is basically fucking invincible with it, and the movie does not really make him feel powerful or have enough of a presence to really make that approach work.

the pacing felt kind of jank too, but that was less of an issue, it was just that it was either really, really slow or bumpy, or both at the same time

i also did not like killmonger, i did not find him relatable or complex, he's just kind of annoying and externalizes his feelings way too much to be believable or likeable. also, his screen time was not really managed well. the fucker is basically invisible the first half of the film, then barges in like a moose towards the second

with a better director and more effort, and perhaps an R rating, this film could have been a lot better, but unfortunately it's dragged down quite a bit by unnecessary lazy hindrances. i'm really fuckin tired right now. 4/10

also where the fuck was Legend Has It? was it even used in the movie?
I still stand by everything I said leading up to Infinity War.

That being said, I was shocked how much I enjoyed Infinity War.
Also I saw isle of dogs and it was AWESOME!!
TheSpoon said:
Also I saw isle of dogs and it was AWESOME!!
I almost never go out to see movies anymore but that is one that is really tempting me to change that
Imasuky said:
I almost never go out to see movies anymore but that is one that is really tempting me to change that
Please, please do. It’s so goooood
Gave player one a watch
it was ok i mean it at least it wasn't a "how meany characters can we fit in here"
So... I just watched Akira.....

"What?" is really my only reaction.
Showed mom Brawl In Cell Block 99 the other day. What a badass movie. Easily has Vince Vaughn's best performance. Just wish the final shot didn't look so cheap tho.
averageguy17 said:
So... I just watched Akira.....

"What?" is really my only reaction.
Don't worry that's everyone's reaction. If you want the other 5/6ths of the story, read the manga.
Infinity war:
review? It was loud, period.

ps: also does anybody think Iron man's suit looks too fake? it looks just like the CGI body painting done to Green Lantern years ago, hope Marvel wouldn't make the same mistake.
As mentioned elsewhere, I watched Infinity War, and I have to say that the person who brought the movie down the most isn't RDJ or Josh Brolin or anyone named Chris, but actually Anton Chekhov, because I spent a little too much time thinking "okay they showed this to the audience, they're going to use it again"
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
As mentioned elsewhere, I watched Infinity War, and I have to say that the person who brought the movie down the most isn't RDJ or Josh Brolin or anyone named Chris, but actually Anton Chekhov, because I spent a little too much time thinking "okay they showed this to the audience, they're going to use it again"
well, to comic readers it's just a daily walk down the lane anyway, all things covered, I just hope this time on avengers 4 the plot could be less silly.

That asides, just finished Digimon Tri btw, got mixed feeling. It's quite understandable for a kid series to be sloppy with scripts and stuff, but preparing for 2+ years just for a 25 episodes run and still get things rushed and unfinished is quite irritating. Final boss defeated in 2 fights, most of which are jumping around, most convenient villain ever seen, just going around and trashtalk others, predictable end, yet still can't boost the feeling high enough, and wth is "DANDAN", *facepalm*.

conclusion: nostalgia? Yes, satisfied? No. next season tease? HELL NO HOMIES, YALL AN'T DOIN' 'AT SHIET WITH DAT ATTITUDE, NO NEXT SEASON FOR YOU. OBOROMON? GO HOME I'MMA PLAYIN POKEMON GEN 8 IN THIS FALL ALREADY.
Infinity War was pretty good.

I also was fortunate enough to catch a showing of 1945 in theaters. I enjoyed that one. It did a good job of making me think about it a bit after I walked out of the theater which is always appreciated.
Being in the hometown of Mr. Rogers, I caught Won't You Be My Neighbor
Saw Hereditary today. If you ever wanted to see a horror film about how much family sucks, then oh boy do I have the movie for you!
I saw Solo yesterday. I find myself enjoying it and Rogue One more than the mainline Star Wars movies, surprisingly. Spin-offs for the win, I guess. Also, we finally get clarification for that "12 parsecs" thing fans were confused about.
HiddenAgenda said:
I saw Solo yesterday. I find myself enjoying it and Rogue One more than the mainline Star Wars movies, surprisingly. Spin-offs for the win, I guess. Also, we finally get clarification for that "12 parsecs" thing fans were confused about.
I agree. The spinoffs are doing something different while the mainline movies are just rehashing all the plot points from the original trilogy.
Just got home from seeing the incredibles 2 and i just gotta say.

GO SEE THE MOVIE YOU WILL ENJOY IT.
Argonis said:
Just got home from seeing the incredibles 2 and i just gotta say.

GO SEE THE MOVIE YOU WILL ENJOY IT.
Would if I could. Incredibles is one of my all time favorite movies. Sadly I need to wait for it to release out here (August 1rst). Just a month and a half of waiting.....
Muddle said:
Would if I could. Incredibles is one of my all time favorite movies. Sadly I need to wait for it to release out here (August 1rst). Just a month and a half of waiting.....
You have my sympathy's .