Hehe it's ok TKF! You're good at it, and you should always draw what you love ^^

As for critique:
I really love her hair. I think because mostly those stupid petal-scrunchies were the. fucking. best. Couldn't hold my hair for shit, but GORGEOUS! Her hoodie looks really comfortable and too large. Cute effect, 'specially with them shorts ^^

Using those colour lines is a good idea to make sure she's the right size and proportions each time. I could spot thanks to them that the rightmost girl, who is standing with her legs bent, has her knees at the wrong height to be standing like that I think. Her left foot is too narrow as well (try cheating and copy-pasting her other foot there in mirror image), while the left foot on the left girl is too wide (I think because it's more detailed compared to the rest?) but I have no idea if it's the detail or the size that threw me off there.

You've done a good job and been very consistent. I wasn't bothered about the word on the t-shirt at all, I've seen weirder shit worn by kids around here :)
http://imgur.com/a/Z3JJV

Hoping for as much feedback as possible. I've been advised not to erase so much and draw in continuous lines, as well as look into more dynamic poses. Are there other tips I could glean from this?
Obscenario said:
http://imgur.com/a/Z3JJV

Hoping for as much feedback as possible. I've been advised not to erase so much and draw in continuous lines, as well as look into more dynamic poses. Are there other tips I could glean from this?
spoiler
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
spoiler
Glorious, thanks. Though I'm curious about the panel layout, since I thought the 2 middle panels worked best on their own line. As something like setup for the final panel, which is why that one wasn't in a box at all. Might have been a little too ambitious for my current level, alas. When I redraw it, could I possibly cut the first panel and make it 2:2:1, with the final panel being much larger, or would that still be awkward?

Anyway, good list of things to work on. In hindsight starting with non-humans before anatomy may have been a poor choice, so it'll be a little while before I get back to this one.
I'm not really a comic artist so I can't help on that front. Thankfully, it seems RCBC has taken care of that part very well ^^

Indeed erasing lines can often erase too much, so it's good you're not doing that. A bit more consistency is a good idea, for drawing humans as well :)

A link for drawing faces. The first two drawings there are the most interesting. Note how they start out as simple shapes which then get divided. If you're drawing the same character multiple times, make sure your basic shapes underlying are the same shape and you won't get suddenly smushed heads like the last Gardevoir,, or the lanky arms of the Hypno.

Drawing humans might definitely be easier at first because it's simply the shape we are most familiar with. If you're going all out, look up guides, maybe join a group on facebook for critique, inspiration and who knows what gems you might uncover, in their work -and- your own.

But yes. Basic shapes. It'll drive you crazy if you're doing it right ;)
Friye said:
But yes. Basic shapes. It'll drive you crazy if you're doing it right ;)
Thanks much. I've actually already downloaded a few Andrew Loomis books and have been going through the first one. Granted I started this after drawing the comic, but it'll help.
Not quite critique or feedback or whatever, but when working digitally:

REMEMBER TO SAVE OFTEN

I just lost 35 minutes of work. Not an insufferable loss, but definitely enough for me to say "fuck it, I'm done for today" since it was all super detailed work... Hope I can finish this piece before August is over. It's cursed so far ._. maybe because it has an evil Gnome warlock...
Friye said:
Not quite critique or feedback or whatever, but when working digitally:

REMEMBER TO SAVE OFTEN

I just lost 35 minutes of work. Not an insufferable loss, but definitely enough for me to say "fuck it, I'm done for today" since it was all super detailed work... Hope I can finish this piece before August is over. It's cursed so far ._. maybe because it has an evil Gnome warlock...
Something I know well. Particularly as being over-adventurous in setting up a render scene can result in overloading my PC, come time to render, and crashing the software. Bad when you're an hour into a 2 hr render and the program crashes; worse when there's 40 min of set up time beforehand that's also been lost since I last saved
I've had a couple of my manips flagged for quality recently, so I'm trying to remake them better. For this one, I got a better quality screenshot of Jasmine, but I wanted to get feedback before I added anything else. I think the issue might be that since I had to resize Jasmine, but not Elsa, the qualities will always clash. What do you think?

New:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Etuv9NANUVWhjY18wMm1nNHM

Original deleted post, for comparison:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Etuv9NANUVjdmazNlWHl3YW8
origamiswami said:
I've had a couple of my manips flagged for quality recently, so I'm trying to remake them better. For this one, I got a better quality screenshot of Jasmine, but I wanted to get feedback before I added anything else. I think the issue might be that since I had to resize Jasmine, but not Elsa, the qualities will always clash. What do you think?
Here's my thoughts:
-Using 2 different art styles and 2 different mediums (2d/3d) probably won't work no matter what photoshop manipping is done. It just clashes from the get go.
-The concept of the image is pretty good though. I'd personally use it as base reference for a commissioned artist to redraw it so that it keeps to one style (doesn't matter what style is used as long as it's the same for both characters).
-As for manipping in general. I wouldn't resize the Jasmine image since it's the one with the lowest resolution/level of detail. You want to be scaling the Elsa image to fit the Jasmine one.
-Looking at the image provided there's also a small sizing issue between the 2 characters. Based on the camera angle, Jasmine should be closer to camera than Elsa is. Scaling Elsa down by around 10-15%.
Does anyone feel this image would be flagged for quality if I posted it?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Etuv9NANUOFlLMXM1UEVYS1k
Umm can someone give any advice on this little sketch of mine and if I can post it on the hub.
http://imgur.com/a/H9UFI
hypnoguy23 said:
Umm can someone give any advice on this little sketch of mine and if I can post it on the hub.
http://imgur.com/a/H9UFI
Yeah, that would be deleted quickly with the fact that it's a photo of a piece of paper. Do you have access to a paper scanner?
I guess for the art style it works, but indeed a photograph like that (especially flipped on its side)would get deleted quickly I bet. Things I did like were your clear dark lines and your neat legible handwriting.

What kind of advice are you looking for? Stylistic, anatomic. content or simply whether you can post it on the hub?
*SFW(?) Loli warning* Link

Sorry it's just a sketch, I've somewhat limited time at the moment.

Incidentally, how smug is too smug?
TheKinkyFinn said:
*SFW(?) Loli warning* Link

Sorry it's just a sketch, I've somewhat limited time at the moment.

Incidentally, how smug is too smug?
That is just on the edge of too damn smug. But looks pretty good to me.
Omg I love her little smug-ass face! It's GREAT! And you know I've got a soft spot for those hairbows :p

Only thing that doesn't seem quite right is her hanging hand, the index finger I think starts up a little too high, making the other fingers (especially ring finger) seem a bit crooked? It might look better with the hand redrawn or something.

The hand up at her face seems fine except the line from her pinkie to her palm is just about 2mm too long or something. Just a splash. Maybe thinning it would make it feel better instead of shortening it.