Pastel-Daemon said:
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Know we've got a fair few artists around at various skill levels, so I thought it might be nice if there were somewhere people could go to share helpful stuff and/or ask for help with things and suchlike, particularly for if people are practicing and not confident enough to try posting something to the hub outright yet [or practicing with non-hypno based content]

Not that my own personal approach to drawing lends itself to my actually giving crit, though [and i'm not so conceited as to think I'm all that anyway] but hopefully there'll be a few people suited to doing so who might be willing to lend a hand here and there.

Well in any case, without further ado, lets watch this thread sink like a stone.
This kind of helped me a little...
Anything extra I should do for this girl? Something like a zombie walk? I'm just looking for advice and good ideas.

http://hypnohub.net/post/show/63378/blonde_hair-breasts-expressionless-femsub-glowing-
This is the mask of Perzo, who is I, and I will make this my internet avatar because I think I did a decent job recreating my image digitally(for a manipper).

https://imgur.com/aDCmmT7
Le_Perv said:
Anything extra I should do for this girl? Something like a zombie walk? I'm just looking for advice and good ideas.

http://hypnohub.net/post/show/63378/blonde_hair-breasts-expressionless-femsub-glowing-
Yes, do zombie walk please!
@Le_Perv: are you looking for crit and feedback on the picture of the girl, or the mask? Bc the latter doesn't seem to be your style yet... I'm not sure why you're posting in this thread is all ^^;
Friye said:
@Le_Perv: are you looking for crit and feedback on the picture of the girl, or the mask? Bc the latter doesn't seem to be your style yet... I'm not sure why you're posting in this thread is all ^^;
Wouldn't you think I would want feedback on them both? Any image that I post on this thread is an image that I would want feedback on. I also appreciate your courtesy with this misunderstanding and your thoughts on my mask. Right now, I am experimenting with what I am able to make from scratch. This is my first try, so this style will evolve with each new try.
Le_Perv said:
Wouldn't you think I would want feedback on them both? Any image that I post on this thread is an image that I would want feedback on. I also appreciate your courtesy with this misunderstanding and your thoughts on my mask. Right now, I am experimenting with what I am able to make from scratch. This is my first try, so this style will evolve with each new try.
You're putting the cart before the horse.

You should focus on understanding + practicing the basic principles of drawing before you start to try and develop your own style.
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
You're putting the cart before the horse.

You should focus on understanding + practicing the basic principles of drawing before you start to try and develop your own style.
I guess I shouldn't have used the word "style", because it's more of a lack-there-of at this point. I am practicing and trying to understand how to make things do what, and like I said, I am experimenting. This won't be the "style" I go for because there is no style here. I mixed up my words when talking about style, because really I'm just making lines and coloring in between with this image. I guess the feedback I was looking for wasn't as much for how it was drawn, but from the concept of this Egyptian-looking slave master. I appreciate your thoughts and patience while I explain my rationale.
Alright! *puts her feedback hat on*

Blonde girl:
- You already seem to have a basic understanding of breasts and that's great!
- Her arms are quite dissimilar in weight -- the one by her side seems to be about twice the thickness as the one up to her head.
- The hand of the one up at her head is a bit complicated, but that's alright because you pulled it off. It doesn't have to be so complicated for the rest of the picture though, because it imbalances it a little with the amount of detail compared to the rest of the drawing.
- Speaking of imbalance, she seems like she'll topple over any second and fall back, to the right. Is that intentional to emphasise the hypnosis?
- And now for the nitpicking: try to decide better where the light comes from, and try to remember the 3D shape of your artwork. Right now you have shading left, right, and... bottom? But not always at the bottom, either.
- Moar nitpicking: usually the er, ... vagina has a bit before the lips spread where it juts out a little, giving it a little light source on there. There's only very rarely something like a flat belly, and it usually has to do with malnourishment. A little bit of shade underneath the belly, above the groin does wonders to emphasise her softness.

The mask:
- It looks like you've simply copied Anubis' head. That's cool, but I hope you make some changes to make it "your own", y'know? Different colours, different shape of head perhaps... something like that.
- Already you're putting an effort in to show the rigid angle of the striped hood bit at the front and you emphasise it well with the stripes. However, at the back you would expect that to loop into a circle. We've come a long way since Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs where a side-angled (or profile) picture requires two eyes, shoulders and feet to be pictured "because they're there".
- Try to vary more in the thickness in your lines -- the angle-marker on the hood could be thinner at the ends to emphasise better how the angle flows down his head over to his shoulder.
- Because you have such rigid angles, the soft shadow coming from the left seems a bit strange. If you want to make the hood look like metal perhaps, look up some metal shine pictures and note how the light falls on those!

Hope this helped!
Friye said:
Alright! *puts her feedback hat on*

Blonde girl:
- You already seem to have a basic understanding of breasts and that's great!
- Her arms are quite dissimilar in weight -- the one by her side seems to be about twice the thickness as the one up to her head.
- The hand of the one up at her head is a bit complicated, but that's alright because you pulled it off. It doesn't have to be so complicated for the rest of the picture though, because it imbalances it a little with the amount of detail compared to the rest of the drawing.
- Speaking of imbalance, she seems like she'll topple over any second and fall back, to the right. Is that intentional to emphasise the hypnosis?
- And now for the nitpicking: try to decide better where the light comes from, and try to remember the 3D shape of your artwork. Right now you have shading left, right, and... bottom? But not always at the bottom, either.
- Moar nitpicking: usually the er, ... vagina has a bit before the lips spread where it juts out a little, giving it a little light source on there. There's only very rarely something like a flat belly, and it usually has to do with malnourishment. A little bit of shade underneath the belly, above the groin does wonders to emphasise her softness.

The mask:
- It looks like you've simply copied Anubis' head. That's cool, but I hope you make some changes to make it "your own", y'know? Different colours, different shape of head perhaps... something like that.
- Already you're putting an effort in to show the rigid angle of the striped hood bit at the front and you emphasise it well with the stripes. However, at the back you would expect that to loop into a circle. We've come a long way since Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs where a side-angled (or profile) picture requires two eyes, shoulders and feet to be pictured "because they're there".
- Try to vary more in the thickness in your lines -- the angle-marker on the hood could be thinner at the ends to emphasise better how the angle flows down his head over to his shoulder.
- Because you have such rigid angles, the soft shadow coming from the left seems a bit strange. If you want to make the hood look like metal perhaps, look up some metal shine pictures and note how the light falls on those!

Hope this helped!
Cool it did help, and I am still developing what I even want the mask to look like; this was just a way of testing what I could do on a basic online image editor, which is what I use. I also didn't base the idea of a jackal head off of Anubis, but Duamutef who is the one of the heads on the canopic jars. I hope you remember that I'm only manipulating these images and not drawing them totally myself(except for the mask), as I am a manipper.
@Le_Perv -- I didn't realise you were a manipper bc I'm an idiot or sth :p It helps to see the original picture to compare it to if we're going to give feedback on your manipping skills!
Here's a small something I did tonight. Nothing too crazy, it's just that I put a black leotard on the Nurse.

https://imgur.com/AP8E4L4

Work manipulated:
https://imgur.com/aKt0slG

Original source work:
https://rariaz.deviantart.com/art/Nurse-Terraria-Jaltoid-Style-496673197
Im looking for feed back on how this manip looks and if the spirals are up to standard
Feedback on manip https://imgur.com/a/UWurDtQ
Sky said:
Im looking for feed back on how this manip looks and if the spirals are up to standard
Feedback on manip https://imgur.com/a/UWurDtQ
These are some over-the-top spirals, if you ask me. Maybe you should use less... expressive ones?
Also, those white spots on girl's eyes has to go, whatever they are.
Maybe you should try lessening opacity of spirals or color them a little?
T323 said:
These are some over-the-top spirals, if you ask me. Maybe you should use less... expressive ones?
There the relaxation i thought it would make it more 3d
T323 said:
Ok how about this one before I post it i did as you said and i didnt do the spiral but instead i tried adding a glowing eye effect may be to small to see tho
Spelling check please https://imgur.com/a/E8OgfF9
Your thoughts also i may have some spelling mistakes
While you can tell that it's been manipulated, I think you did a fine job. The hand, though not as good quality as in the original, doesn't distract from the rest of the image. I can see now why you put the curves of the vagina so steeply. All in all, definitely worth an A- :P

Sky said:
Ok how about this one before I post it i did as you said and i didnt do the spiral but instead i tried adding a glowing eye effect may be to small to see tho
Spelling check please https://imgur.com/a/E8OgfF9
Your thoughts also i may have some spelling mistakes
I can't see a whole lot of glow at all, except perhaps the dark-haired girl's eyes? But on the left it looks like her eyelashes are quite messed up because of it.

As for the text, make sure that on every single paragraph there is room between the edge of the black and where your text begins -- against the picture and against the edge of the whole. Please make sure that all your text blocks are aligned, it looks weird to have it slide a bit more to the right with every paragraph.

The purple colour is legible, ish, but I suggest using a thinner line or a less bold font, or both. Make sure that there is still black in between the legs of the u's, for instance. I suggest making the yellow one even lighter, and picking a highlight of the blonde girl's hair as a reference if you can't think of how to do it.

Click here for a full spelling and grammar correction.
Friye said:
While you can tell that it's been manipulated, I think you did a fine job. The hand, though not as good quality as in the original, doesn't distract from the rest of the image. I can see now why you put the curves of the vagina so steeply. All in all, definitely worth an A- :P

I can't see a whole lot of glow at all, except perhaps the dark-haired girl's eyes? But on the left it looks like her eyelashes are quite messed up because of it.

As for the text, make sure that on every single paragraph there is room between the edge of the black and where your text begins -- against the picture and against the edge of the whole. Please make sure that all your text blocks are aligned, it looks weird to have it slide a bit more to the right with every paragraph.

The purple colour is legible, ish, but I suggest using a thinner line or a less bold font, or both. Make sure that there is still black in between the legs of the u's, for instance. I suggest making the yellow one even lighter, and picking a highlight of the blonde girl's hair as a reference if you can't think of how to do it.

Click here for a full spelling and grammar correction.
Well i posted before i seen this but i think i fixed most of the mistakes and also the purple hair girl is the one thats glowing i couldn't find a good effect for the other girl so i just added hearts for eyes
Maybe not the right topic to ask this, since this is more about a concept than a finished product.

So, in short, I stumbled upon this picture :

https://img00.deviantart.net/4ac6/i/2012/277/9/b/whisper_by_lpeters-d5gsuff.jpg

It caught my eye because it was an uncommon (for me, at least) spin on the "Mind Control/Hypnosis" theme (I mean, that's not the kind of happy and giddy stuff we see in cartoon and comics)

I feel like the snake's stance and the girl's expression are perfect, and it would be criminal not to try something, but at the same time, I wonder if it's really possible to avoid it being nightmare fuel, and really make it erotic.
I feel like it could be good for unconsensual MC, unhappy trance... It would depend on the text, of course (and you would most likely need to edit that damn mouse out), but... I don't know.

Worth a shot ?
I'm not really willing to try it myself, but I'll throw some ideas in for that picture AnnoyinGoblin :)

Maybe if you could make the mouse seem like one of those Harry Potter IceMice treats (just some white whisps on 'em and whatnot) it'd take away the nightmare fuel.

Originally it's meant to be scary I do believe, so with a more vibrant filter or a warmth filter over top it'll seem less uninviting, too. For the rest to keep it unhappy trance, I don't think anything else should change.
The pic was called "Whisper".

Yup, I think it was meant as horror fuel. Or maybe as an artistic metaphor (I have a few guesses).

About the mouse, I thought about removing it completely (if I can even manage to remove it), but it'd be weird without anything.

A chocolate mouse might look weird in that context ? Looking at her makeup, it seems that she has cried. However, we can play on this : did she cry before the snake arrived, or because the snake controls her body, and is trying to takeover her mind ?

If we consider the former, it could be made into a pic about a difficult breakup (or something tragic), and the snake charming an easy prey. To what purpose, I'm not sure yet (Kaa stuff ? Turn her into a slave and sell her ? Use her to guide it to her former boyfriend/girlfriend so he can hypno him/her as well ?)

A warmer filter would defenitely help make it a bit cuter, or reduce the fear transcribed, but :
1) I'll probably make it super ugly (but I can try !)
2) I feel like it would take the salt away from the pic (is it a valid expression ?). That might be petty of me, but I think the cold setting, and what we guess happened, is what makes this pic stand out. It compliments the snake and her expression nicely. I like this challenge : transforming a horror pic into a good manip, maybe even erotic (maybe focus more on the induction, and her fear disappearing ?).

But hey, if all else fail, I can still tag it "Nightmare_fuel" ? x)
AnnoyinGoblin said:
Maybe not the right topic to ask this, since this is more about a concept than a finished product.

So, in short, I stumbled upon this picture :

https://img00.deviantart.net/4ac6/i/2012/277/9/b/whisper_by_lpeters-d5gsuff.jpg

It caught my eye because it was an uncommon (for me, at least) spin on the "Mind Control/Hypnosis" theme (I mean, that's not the kind of happy and giddy stuff we see in cartoon and comics)

I feel like the snake's stance and the girl's expression are perfect, and it would be criminal not to try something, but at the same time, I wonder if it's really possible to avoid it being nightmare fuel, and really make it erotic.
I feel like it could be good for unconsensual MC, unhappy trance... It would depend on the text, of course (and you would most likely need to edit that damn mouse out), but... I don't know.

Worth a shot ?
Alright, so usually I'm really against altering an artist's work, but I thought this might be an interesting way to practice my Photoshop skills at least.

https://sta.sh/02e5c8uz6l6l

--edited out the mouse and her tears (was just a personal preference to get rid of the tears)
--ran with the snake's red eyes and added the pendant vector, painted the chain in, added the eye/pendant glow and a slight warm filter to add to the overall red color scheme

Not sure if I really did that great a job, but here's a version with only the mouse edited out for anyone else who wants to attempt it:

https://sta.sh/017hrgt6wqw0
Pastel-Daemon said:
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Know we've got a fair few artists around at various skill levels, so I thought it might be nice if there were somewhere people could go to share helpful stuff and/or ask for help with things and suchlike, particularly for if people are practicing and not confident enough to try posting something to the hub outright yet [or practicing with non-hypno based content]

Not that my own personal approach to drawing lends itself to my actually giving crit, though [and i'm not so conceited as to think I'm all that anyway] but hopefully there'll be a few people suited to doing so who might be willing to lend a hand here and there.

Well in any case, without further ado, lets watch this thread sink like a stone.
I need more improvements than ever... Help. Plz?
EXKai217 said:
I need more improvements than ever... Help. Plz?
Ara (the person you quoted) is no longer a frequent user of this site, so I don't think she'll be able to get back to you on this.

You should actually describe the issues you're having, otherwise nobody here can really help you.

And as I've previously stated, don't rely only on art tutorial videos. You got to learn how to draw without relying on those.
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
Ara (the person you quoted) is no longer a frequent user of this site, so I don't think she'll be able to get back to you on this.

You should actually describe the issues you're having, otherwise nobody here can really help you.

And as I've previously stated, don't rely only on art tutorial videos. You got to learn how to draw without relying on those.
Ok.
Damn, I completely forgot about this topic while I was manipping the Tracer pic I posted a few hours ago (last two pics posted on my profile). I tried to do blank eyes, enhance the colors and add a bit of pink for the "hypnotic smoke". Are the pictures okay, or are the edits way too easily spotted ?

Also, if anyone knows how to include a Sombra (overwatch) skull (like, say, This one. and make a homogenous result, I'd gladly take a tutorial (though, maybe it's not the right topic to ask that)

@Geekgirl8 : would you mind if I tried to write something for your edited pic ? I might have a few ideas. Looking back, the red lighting could be good for something a bit more "magical" or erotic.
AnnoyinGoblin said:

Also, if anyone knows how to include a Sombra (overwatch) skull (like, say, This one. and make a homogenous result, I'd gladly take a tutorial (though, maybe it's not the right topic to ask that)
I don't do much manipping but if you can get it without the white background change the layer mode to some sort of lighting like colour dodge (or just see what all of them look like) them maybe use the colour curves to adjust it to look natural, also the transform tool normally has a option to change the angle of the pic so it can fit into a 3d enviroment

again I'm no expert but that's how I'd attempt it
Foolycooly said:
I don't do much manipping but if you can get it without the white background change the layer mode to some sort of lighting like colour dodge (or just see what all of them look like) them maybe use the colour curves to adjust it to look natural, also the transform tool normally has a option to change the angle of the pic so it can fit into a 3d enviroment

again I'm no expert but that's how I'd attempt it
Sounds good. I'll try. Thanks !
(Also, I might have failed earlier because I tried to make it too small and it became unrecognizable)
@AnnoyinGoblin: the pictures you mentioned don't look bad at all ^^ I couldn't tell at least that the whiteout eyes were done, and the "smoke" wasn't overly present, very delicate and subtle (that's meant as a great thumbs up compliment in case simple text doesn't show that) ^^

I'm not sure what you want to do with the skull, but there's various (easy) ways to get them in there in simple drawing programmes with layer styles.

spoiler
AnnoyinGoblin said:
Sounds good. I'll try. Thanks !
(Also, I might have failed earlier because I tried to make it too small and it became unrecognizable)
Haha it happens :P For what its worth this type of photoshopping is a prettyt complex art form on its own. look up matte painting on youtube, its basically where artists paint things but use real life textures to make it look like a photograph (its not exactly what you want but it may give some inspiration)