CYOA - Shed Adventures
Hey all, Dreamshed here.

So, spinning off of the other thread about this CYOA, I'd like to start a more standard CYOA of this prompt.

The only caveat I have is that I will not do a full-furry setting. Furry is not one of my fetishes, and I wouldn't be able to write a good story for it.

With that, the introduction is over. If you're interested, take a look at the prompt, and post your choices for the initial options.

Mode:
Character Mode:
Tech Level:
Magic Level:
Psionic Level:
Superpower Level:
Furry Level:
Tone:
Character Type:

Hope to see you guys around, and, as always, don't forget to take your Joy!
Dammit, now I have to read that post again to find things.

Mode: Mind War
Character Mode: Big Damn You
Tech Level: Muskets of Modernity
Magic Level: Advanced Arcana
Psionic Level: Mentalist Mania
Superpower Level: Metahuman Mayhem
Furry Level: Mix and Match
Tone: Medium
Character Type: Reincarnation Plus

As is my general belief, max settings are best settings.

Dreamshade said:
don't forget to take your Joy!
Its amazing that it took a day for me to see this said here.

Also, who's TARDIS is it?
Dreamshade said:
Hope to see you guys around, and, as always, don't forget to take your Joy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIYVzE5adY
Mind War (normal)
Mary Sue
Tech of Tomorrow (Androids Recent innovation)
Advanced Arcana
Quiet Cortex (I'll have Psionics tho pls.)
Superhuman Start
Mix and Match (Furries part of society)
Tone: Light
Reincarnation+ (Anthropomorphic Dragon who worked as a Quantum Physicist)
Crazy Rich (Rich II; 2 points)
Shapeshift II (The 4 points one)
Iron Will (2 points)
Irresistible (2 points)
3 CP in Tech.
3 CP in Psionics

Also, what about the 3 bonus points the post says we get?
Mode: Mind War (Normal)
Character Mode: Big Damn You
Tech Level: Peasants and Princesses (Love that kind of stuff)
Magic Level: Advanced Arcana (Why not? Magic is fun. :P )
Psionic Level: Twinge of Telepathy ( I may or may not have it, but, if magic exists, why not this?)
Superpower Level: Naive Normalcy. (Not big on mixing Superpowers and Swords.)
Furry Level: Mix and Match (They have their own civilizations.)
Tone: Medium (The world is what you make it)
Character Type:

Reincarnation.

(Specific Details are Not determined, yet.)
Apparently everyone who wants to do this (except Dreamshade) want furry as a part of the game, and have begrudgingly picked the 2nd setting for it...
Anon_3.141 said:
Apparently everyone who wants to do this (except Dreamshade) want furry as a part of the game, and have begrudgingly picked the 2nd setting for it...
I only said that I wouldn't do a full-furry setting (everyone is a furry). I'm fine with the Mix and Match option.

That said, I realized that the image is probably too huge for everyone to look at at once, so I went into Photoshop and brutally chopped it into bits.
Mode: Falcon Quest
Character Mode: Joe Average
Tech Level: Tech of Tomorrow (androids are rare for this one)
Magic Level: Mystical Mysteries
Psionic Level: The Quiet Cortex
Superpower Level: Naive Normalcy (not that much into brainwashed superheroes)
Furry Level: Mix and Match (misinterpreted what you meant)
Tone: Medium-Bright (happy, but with a little dirt)
Character Type: Reincarnation

I'll keep it at that right now. If I can't think of anything else to spend my normal points on, lower my character mode by one.
Dreamshade said:
Furry is not one of my fetishes
Dreamshade said:
(everyone is a furry).
Contradictory statements... You're lucky I'm not an AI, or else I would've been exploded from the paradox there.
Anon_3.141 said:
Contradictory statements... You're lucky I'm not an AI, or else I would've been exploded from the paradox there.
It was not a contradiction. The parenthesized statement was a clarification of what "full-furry" meant. i.e. a "full-furry" setting is one in which every character is a furry.
Mode: Mind War
Character Mode: Joe Average
Tech Level: Atoms and Adverts
Magic Level: Mystical Mysteries
Psionic Level: The Quiet Cortex
Superpower Level: Naive Normalcy
Furry Level: Simply Skin
Tone: Medium
Character Type: Reincarnation
Tbh I just wanna watch a game. Never done one of these before so I wanna see first to get the gist of it.
So are these going to be one-on-one rps, a single rp with a bunch of people based on the most popular choices, or...?

I'm fine with both, but I would prefer the former. If the latter turns out to be the case, anyone want to do my game with me?
So, are you going to set it up as a sort of "Parallel universes that can interact with one another and eventually connect in some wacky way" story, or "Separate stories that eventually converge" story (given the differing setting choices)? Or will you average out the world settings choices from everyone's character submissions?
Alright, the tally for the setting choices is as follows:

Mode: Mind War (4)
Character Mode: Big Damn You (2.5)
Tech Level: Tech of Tomorrow (2)
Magic Level: Advanced Arcana (3)
Psionic Level: The Quiet Cortex (3)
Superpower Level: Naive Normalcy (3)
Furry Level: Mix and Match (4)
Tone: Medium (4)
Tone: Reincarnation (3)

You live in the near future, where mankind has advanced its technology to the next level. Virtual Reality has become the primary technology interface, and most everyone has a means of connecting themselves to their devices. The first AIs achieved sentience a few years ago, and sentient androids have been slowly proliferating since then. You don't see them every day, but on occasion you'll find one in the major cities.

Magic is a science as well, with some countries being long-established magocracies. The elven kingdoms in particular have traditions of magical rulers. The magical and technological worlds initially came into conflict, but over the centuries, they have reconciled their differences, and now magic is a science just as much as physics or chemistry, with mages producing their supernatural effects through a combination of rigorous calculation and raw talent.

You are a citizen of one of the larger countries, with higher potential than most others you've met.

You have 6 Control Points and 7 Trait Points. How do you wish to spend them?

Anon_3.141 said:
So, are you going to set it up as a sort of "Parallel universes that can interact with one another and eventually connect in some wacky way" story, or "Separate stories that eventually converge" story (given the differing setting choices)? Or will you average out the world settings choices from everyone's character submissions?
muffinmuffler said:
So are these going to be one-on-one rps, a single rp with a bunch of people based on the most popular choices, or...?

I'm fine with both, but I would prefer the former. If the latter turns out to be the case, anyone want to do my game with me?
Majority rules, mostly. I can't run seven RPs at once (and don't really have the motivation to). If you've ever seen a CYOA on one of the chans or hypnopics, you'll know how these usually go.
CP divvy: 3 Tech (Nanomachines), 3 Psionic (2 in Emotional Whammy and 1 in Memory Weaving)
TP divvy: Crazy Rich (Rich II; 2 points)
Extreme competency in Sherlock Holmes-ing it up (A.k.a.: Detective work) (1 point).
Traits: 4 points in Skill (computers, seduction, rhetoric, detective work), 2 points for Mental Elasticity, 1 point for resistance to magic

Control: 1 point in Hypnosis, 1 point in Psionics (Memory Weaving), 1 point in Pressure Points, 2 points in Technology (Hypnotic Spiral, Subliminal Messages), 1 point in Hacking (First Form)

My idea was to create a character who was a sort of "jack of all trades, master of none" but who had the kind of skill and quick thinking to know how to combine his different skills into something more potent. Unfortunately, adjusting it for a different setting feels a little bloated.
Mindwipe said:
My idea was to create a character who was a sort of "jack of all trades, master of none" but who had the kind of skill and quick thinking to know how to combine his different skills into something more potent. Unfortunately, adjusting it for a different setting feels a little bloated.
And my idea was to create a smart-alecky (ex-)Quantum Scientist with Psionic powers and Magic... (Basically: Super Sherlock)
Anon_3.141 said:
I'll use my 3 bonus points as follows:
2 for 4 extra Trait Points (TP),
One for 1 extra Control Point (CP)

CP divvy: 3 Tech, 3 Psionic, 1 Magic
TP divvy: Crazy Rich (Rich II; 2 points)
Iron Will (2 points)
Irresistible (2 points)
Extreme competency in Sherlock Holmes-ing it up (A.k.a.: Detective work) (1 point).
You shouldn't use the bonus points yet, unless you're sure you want to use all of them on points.
Dreamshade said:
You shouldn't use the bonus points yet, unless you're sure you want to use all of them on points.
I'm certain. I needed to use at least 2 of the bonus points to get my faux-"Mary sue" start anyway... I figured I might as well spend the last one on an extra CP...
3 Bonus Points (Possibly spent this way) :

4 Trait Points.
1 Control Point.

7 Trait Points:
(Attractive (1) Only with Bonus)
Rich (1)
Superb Athlete (1)
Mental Elasticity (2)
Iron Will (2)
Immunity to Psionics (And weakness to Magic) (1)

(Master of Detective Work (1) Only with Bonus)
(Master of Martial Arts (1) Only with Bonus)
(Master of Seduction (1) Only with Bonus)

6 Control Points:
Hypnosis (2)
Pheromones (2)
Emotional Whammy (2)

So, my character is a bit of a lab experiment gone wrong. In an attempt to create the perfect ambassador, instead, he was made, a violent, loudmouthed, brash young man, grown in a tube for most of his life. After the failure that he was, he was essentially put into a comatose state and left to die, the only thing that saved him was the power of his own mind. After escaping thanks to his special 'gifts' he has, he basically just does whatever he wants to the people of the outside world. Money? Not an issue, convince some wealthy people they'd be more than happy to give you money. Sick? Not with his immune system. Of course, there are other perks. No telepath is ever rooting around in his skull, ever. Good thing too, people like that creep him out, and he REALLY doesn't want to go back to serving under anyone abusive like the lab. He spends most of his time either lounging about, controlling people for fun, gambling, or fistfighting. Of course, he isn't perfect. Rejection is not something he handles well, and he can be very brash and quick to act when it's not helpful. He also hates small spaces, and will almost borderline refuse to go in them, as they remind him of what it was like in the tube. Of course, being an artificial human, he wasn't built to handle magic, but, most magic users fall prey to his tricks, so, he was generally fine in that regard.

(I think that about covers it.)
OH! I forgot to add:
Character Gender: Male.
Gender Preference: Female, and only Female.
Honestly, people shouldn't be spending the bonus points regardless, because we don't yet know how the base trait points and control points are going to be distributed.
Mindwipe said:
Honestly, people shouldn't be spending the bonus points regardless, because we don't yet know how the base trait points and control points are going to be distributed.
Meh. It's just a skeleton for me, honestly. It's how I'd like to imagine my character.
Besides, should the need arise, I can always edit my skeleton before we start.
Yeah, don't use bonus points. This phase is to establish the base stats. We'll add bonus points later.
PrincessLucina said:
Meh. It's just a skeleton for me, honestly. It's how I'd like to imagine my character.
Besides, should the need arise, I can always edit my skeleton before we start.
We aren't all creating our own characters, though. We're voting on how to make the character of the story Dreamshade will write. Adding extra traits and control points is like giving yourself extra votes.
Mindwipe said:
We aren't all creating our own characters, though. We're voting on how to make the character of the story Dreamshade will write. Adding extra traits and control points is like giving yourself extra votes.
Oh! I wasn't aware of this, I thought we all had seperate entities we were representing. This changes quite a bit. My apologies. Er....Now this just feels kinda awkward.

I get really excited making characters like this, and well, you may as well have stabbed me with this revelation. It's cool though, the character will come out pretty neat, hopefully, there's some nice ideas floating around.
Mindwipe said:
And who doesn't like extra votes that are in their favor?

spoiler
Anon_3.141 said:
And who doesn't like extra votes that are in their favor?

spoiler
Bonus points are for everyone to use once the initial stats have been set, so just edit your post to be without them.
I thought this was going to be everyone here versus each other like Lucina above did too. Otherwise I would've joined in the whole choosing setup thing.
Dreamshade said:
Bonus points are for everyone to use once the initial stats have been set, so just edit your post to be without them.
So...We DO get an original character, just, all of them are really similar? I'm confused.