So I take this is the final version? Or did Edge need a break?
NinjaW said:
So I take this is the final version? Or did Edge need a break?
I doubt it's the final version.
Edge is probably just busy with other stuff.
Hmm. It might be the last version. I have a few ideas but adding anything to game at the moment is paying a lot of "technical debt" (To steal from wikipedia "a concept in programming that reflects the extra development work that arises when code that is easy to implement in the short run is used instead of applying the best overall solution")

This was something I made quickly for fun and to get back into Unity which I was about to start using at work again (helped a lot there actually!) and so there were some very bad architecture decisions made when I started that have really slowed things down. That and I feel like working on new stuff right now. That doesn't mean inspiration won't strike and I'll add more stuff. (Have got a few ideas) but I'm not planning a new version as it stands
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
Hmm. It might be the last version. I have a few ideas but adding anything to game at the moment is paying a lot of "technical debt" (To steal from wikipedia "a concept in programming that reflects the extra development work that arises when code that is easy to implement in the short run is used instead of applying the best overall solution")

This was something I made quickly for fun and to get back into Unity which I was about to start using at work again (helped a lot there actually!) and so there were some very bad architecture decisions made when I started that have really slowed things down. That and I feel like working on new stuff right now. That doesn't mean inspiration won't strike and I'll add more stuff. (Have got a few ideas) but I'm not planning a new version as it stands
Well if it is the last version it's still pretty great so that's fine.

You made something that is pretty fun and simple enough to get into so really that's awesome.
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
[...]might be the last version.[...]
Well...that's were I was wrong but yeah it's still a funny program that has emerged after those months of development
Sorry for the necro, but now that we have at least a little bit of time under our belts, do we have a long-term verdict for the fate of VHT?
pokefannafekop said:
Sorry for the necro, but now that we have at least a little bit of time under our belts, do we have a long-term verdict for the fate of VHT?
I'd say it's the last version. I've recently got one of my other games on Steam so busy with that and I want to try some new things (Like animation if you've seen my last couple of uploads!)

I might write up a post-mortem about the project at some point. A LOT of mistakes were made so it could be quite long @_@ (not to say I'm not proud of it. Just. Plan ahead when it comes to code architecture or you screw over your future self)
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
...I've recently got one of my other games on Steam...
Wait, what game is it?
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
Plan ahead when it comes to code architecture or you screw over your future self
Relate. So. Hard.
Hypnosis-guy said:
Wait, what game is it?
Not VHT unfortunately! It's an indie project I've been working on and off for a few years. It also has my real name all over it so I don't really want to go posting it around. Sorry

Sir_Lurksalaot said:
Relate. So. Hard.
Want to go back in time and fight yourself? Become a programmer today!
Bump for more info or just for more people to see it? Not that I'm complaining! More people seeing my work is always good
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
Bump for more info or just for more people to see it? Not that I'm complaining! More people seeing my work is always good
Bit of both
Riley said:
Bit of both
No real news I'm afraid. I've got an indie game nearing release and I'm mulling over what my next project could be. A quick hub game is one idea. Something small before I dive into another multi-year thing

Or I might just curl up in a corner and rock back and forth muttering about the horror of the steam backend pages and their documentation
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
No real news I'm afraid. I've got an indie game nearing release and I'm mulling over what my next project could be. A quick hub game is one idea. Something small before I dive into another multi-year thing

Or I might just curl up in a corner and rock back and forth muttering about the horror of the steam backend pages and their documentation
If you need help with the small hypnohub game I could help with assets 8D
IttyBit said:
If you need help with the small hypnohub game I could help with assets 8D
I did get some ideas from that custom Puyo Pop character you made
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
I did get some ideas from that custom Puyo Pop character you made
Hell yeah, hub inspired puzzle game would be pretty neat.
Infact I just finished Karen. I aughta put a video up showcasing her soon.
I also got started on making Hypno-Tan
IttyBit said:
Hell yeah, hub inspired puzzle game would be pretty neat.
Infact I just finished Karen. I aughta put a video up showcasing her soon.
I also got started on making Hypno-Tan
Ohhh. Sounds cool!

And yeah maybe a puzzle game. Also got a few board game inspired ideas. Reskinned Dominion or Hive and a sort of deck building game where the deck is the subs mind and you add cards to it as post hypnotic suggestions. We'll see. I always have more ideas then I know what to do with ><
EdgeOfTheMoon said:

Oooooh, I hypno Hub game!

Can't say I'm not looking forward to one.
Hello! Where can I report a crash of the game?
RayFirewood said:
Steam tech support for sure.
Bokasa said:
Steam tech support for sure.
I thought VHT wasn't on Steam.
Hypnosis-guy said:
I thought VHT wasn't on Steam.
It ain't. It's my other indie game that's gone up there recently

RayFirewood said:
Usual ways. Send me a DM or write down on a piece of paper and burn it at your nearest gamedev altar. There's a log file that should appear next to the .exe. if you include that it'd be very useful

Kachopper9 said:
Oooooh, I hypno Hub game!

Can't say I'm not looking forward to one.
No promises that's my next project! Got a few ideas bubbling away. Going to take a bit of a break from game deving (Except for my day job obviously) but I'll probably be back to it in a couple of weeks. Devs gonna Dev. See what strikes my fancy then
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
It's my other indie game that's gone up there recently
I'd like to play it if your willing to tell me.
Argonis said:
I'd like to play it if your willing to tell me.
Sorry. It's got my real name all over it and I'd rather keep my kink and developer life separate

Thanks for the interest though
Any more interest in updating this, Edge?
Mooer38 said:
Any more interest in updating this, Edge?
No. Sorry I this it's fair to consider this project shuttered. It ended up being much bigger and more popular then I ever imaging when I started. Big thanks to everyone who downloaded, played or donated ^^
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
No. Sorry I this it's fair to consider this project shuttered. It ended up being much bigger and more popular then I ever imaging when I started. Big thanks to everyone who downloaded, played or donated ^^
While I would like to see more I think what you gave us is already pretty amazing so I'm happy with it.
bump cos gotta redownload