General Media News Thread
So since creating a new thread for every news topic is a no-no, but I still want to discuss these topics, this thread is for that collective.

The first Metal Gear without Kojima is about 4 nobodies in an alternate dimension with crystal zombies. Trailer. #FucKonami.

Harley Quinn and Deadshot are in injustice 2. Trailer. Harley is just updated while Deadshot seems to be an overhaul of Deathstroke who is probably gone.

It seems Crash Bandicoot is not just a guest in the new Skylanders. Neo Cortex is also available, as well as a full Crash stage. Footage. The figures look nice, so I'll get those just why not.
Pinkanator said:
So since creating a new thread for every news topic is a no-no, but I still want to discuss these topics, this thread is for that collective.
I think we should just implement a subforum system or something if we want to make good use of the forum.

And anyway, Konami being Konami isn't news :P
Out this week's releases for new films, Kubo and The Two Strings has been getting the strongest reviews. War Dogs has also been doing fine while Ben-Hur is being panned. However, Suicide Squad is expected to take number 1 at the box office with something between 20 to 22 million.

A Godzilla anime is in production with Gen Urobuchi as the leader writer.
The Paragon open beta has begun, and I'm enjoying it, even if it feels like its lacking a bit of oomph common in other MOBAs.
Bleach ended. The fandom is angry. Furiously angry. Even people who hated the series, who were only still reading because they felt obligated to since they had already put so much time into the series (like myself) are pissed.

Granted, the series got canned due to low ratings so it's not ENTIRELY Kubo's fault that the ending was ass, since he probably was given around 5 chapters to wrap things up, but it's still unbelievably bad.

There's so many plot threads left hanging that it's not even funny. So many questions left unanswered. Plus the ending is such a non-ending that it would be better if we just assumed that everything since spoiler is a hallucination and that he really just dragged everyone into a dream world with his Bankai and he really won all along.
Wait I didn't realize Bleach was even still a thing. I thought it was something like DBZ or something. When did it start?
Pinkanator said:
Wait I didn't realize Bleach was even still a thing. I thought it was something like DBZ or something. When did it start?
What do you mean "something like DBZ"? A shounen battle anime/manga? Yes?

Bleach's manga started in 2001. It just ended this week, with 705 chapters (if we count the negative numbered chapters).

Bleach's anime ended in 2012, with the end of the Fullbring arc (the second-to-last arc). This was because the Fullbring arc was received so poorly that the manga was almost canceled THEN, and the anime ratings were worse than even filler arcs. So it got canned then.

Kubo Tite (the mangaka of Bleach) quickly brought the Fullbring arc to a sudden and abrupt close, and then started the final arc in the manga. It was overall better than the Fullbring arc but still pretty bad. It was clear that the story was heading towards the ending, since a majority of the bad guy's minions had been defeated and Ichigo was heading for the big bad, but there was clearly a lot more plot to work through.

Buuut the ratings were really bad for many weeks in a row (I think it was the lowest rated manga in the magazine for more than 2 months straight, in fact), and when you're published in Weekly Shounen Jump, that means you're getting shitcanned.

And so shit started to very rapidly draw to a close in a very unsatisfying way. And now fans are pissed.
No I mean like, an anime everyone watched at that same sort of time, and had the same kind of run, but 15 YEARS?!? Gee, glad I skipped it when running through Netflix.
Pinkanator said:
The first Metal Gear without Kojima is about 4 nobodies in an alternate dimension with crystal zombies. Trailer. #FucKonami.
"I can't believe Harambe sacrificed his life for this."

Holy shit.
NaturalCalm said:
"I can't believe Harambe sacrificed his life for this."

Holy shit.
Solid Snake
Psycho Mantis
Raging Raven
Dead Gorilla
Pinkanator said:
Solid Snake
Psycho Mantis
Raging Raven
Dead Gorilla
*slow clap*
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
What do you mean "something like DBZ"? A shounen battle anime/manga? Yes?

Bleach's manga started in 2001. It just ended this week, with 705 chapters (if we count the negative numbered chapters).

Bleach's anime ended in 2012, with the end of the Fullbring arc (the second-to-last arc). This was because the Fullbring arc was received so poorly that the manga was almost canceled THEN, and the anime ratings were worse than even filler arcs. So it got canned then.

Kubo Tite (the mangaka of Bleach) quickly brought the Fullbring arc to a sudden and abrupt close, and then started the final arc in the manga. It was overall better than the Fullbring arc but still pretty bad. It was clear that the story was heading towards the ending, since a majority of the bad guy's minions had been defeated and Ichigo was heading for the big bad, but there was clearly a lot more plot to work through.

Buuut the ratings were really bad for many weeks in a row (I think it was the lowest rated manga in the magazine for more than 2 months straight, in fact), and when you're published in Weekly Shounen Jump, that means you're getting shitcanned.

And so shit started to very rapidly draw to a close in a very unsatisfying way. And now fans are pissed.
No fucking way. Not only did they go for THAT sorta ending, but it even ended badly for the main characters...?! Like holy crap, this was a series considered to be one of THE BIG 3, and that was how he decided to go out with a bang... Fucking A

Yeah, after they originally beat Aizen and proceeded to continue the series, I was flat out done. I'm sure other people as well feel like me, where it really shoulda ended there, but I figure as much the series still had some more milking to be done, hence the arc after it. I guess One Piece is the only thing still out there of the former BIG 3, and hoboy is it ever so strong in Japan. Everywhere I'd turn Luffy is somewhere on an advertisement for some random product... :0

Still, I can't help but be in such disbelief.......
Thank God I read only niche Seinen titles these days at least .____.
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
No fucking way. Not only did they go for THAT sorta ending, but it even ended badly for the main characters...?! Like holy crap, this was a series considered to be one of THE BIG 3, and that was how he decided to go out with a bang... Fucking A

Yeah, after they originally beat Aizen and proceeded to continue the series, I was flat out done. I'm sure other people as well feel like me, where it really shoulda ended there, but I figure as much the series still had some more milking to be done, hence the arc after it. I guess One Piece is the only thing still out there of the former BIG 3, and hoboy is it ever so strong in Japan. Everywhere I'd turn Luffy is somewhere on an advertisement for some random product... :0

Still, I can't help but be in such disbelief.......
Thank God I read only niche Seinen titles these days at least .____.
Now, there is only the Big One.
Which also means that Shounen Jump is in deep shit right now. One Piece, Shokugeki no Souma and Boku no Hero Academia are pretty much the only things carrying the magazine right now. Toriko is ending too and they just lost three of their other popular series recently - Bleach, Assassination Classroom and Nisekoi.

And yeah, after they beat Aizen, that should have been the end.
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
Now, there is only the Big One.
Which also means that Shounen Jump is in deep shit right now. One Piece, Shokugeki no Souma and Boku no Hero Academia are pretty much the only things carrying the magazine right now. Toriko is ending too and they just lost three of their other popular series recently - Bleach, Assassination Classroom and Nisekoi.

And yeah, after they beat Aizen, that should have been the end.
How did AC end? Too lazy to look up, yet I do wanna hear your thoughts about it.
Same for Nisekoi which I heard about, and... Ugh, I never liked it to begin with, and the ending only made me hate it all the more...
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
Now, there is only the Big One.
Which also means that Shounen Jump is in deep shit right now. One Piece, Shokugeki no Souma and Boku no Hero Academia are pretty much the only things carrying the magazine right now. Toriko is ending too and they just lost three of their other popular series recently - Bleach, Assassination Classroom and Nisekoi.

And yeah, after they beat Aizen, that should have been the end.
What about DBS? Was that a manga first? J-Stars told me they own JoJo (Why are JoJo 1 and 2 in there, and not 3? I thought 3 was most popular?) and isn't that still going?
Oh god the bleach ending. Even Naruto wrapped up better than that. I can't believe it was literally spoiler

The minions got better, longer fights. There's plot details all over the fucking place, definitely should've ended with Aizen.
Pastel-Daemon said:
Oh god the bleach ending. Even Naruto wrapped up better than that. I can't believe it was literally spoiler

The minions got better, longer fights. There's plot details all over the fucking place, definitely should've ended with Aizen.
The fact that Naruto did better says a lot about the quality of Bleach's ending. What the hell did they do without Aizen, though? Wasn't he supposed to be the be-all, end-all antagonist?
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
How did AC end? Too lazy to look up, yet I do wanna hear your thoughts about it.
Same for Nisekoi which I heard about, and... Ugh, I never liked it to begin with, and the ending only made me hate it all the more...
The ending of Assassination Classroom? MAJOR SPOILERS INCOMING
spoiler

Nisekoi's ending sucked. MAJOR SPOILERS! spoiler

Pinkanator said:
What about DBS? Was that a manga first? J-Stars told me they own JoJo (Why are JoJo 1 and 2 in there, and not 3? I thought 3 was most popular?) and isn't that still going?
DBS? Dragonball Super? Uh, I think the anime and manga for that are running at the same time at the moment. The manga doesn't run in Weekly Shounen Jump though. And yes, Jump owns Jojo but that too is in their monthly magazine. And yes, Jojo is currently on Part 8 and still going strong.

NaturalCalm said:
The fact that Naruto did better says a lot about the quality of Bleach's ending. What the hell did they do without Aizen, though? Wasn't he supposed to be the be-all, end-all antagonist?
My theory is that Aizen was going to help them beat Yhwach, only for him to turn around and go "just as planned" and reveal that everything, including his sealing was exactly what he wanted to happen the entire time and he would be the final boss. But then it got cut short and it never happened.
OOOOOOOOOOOOH. There's a monthly and a weekly. Right.
Pinkanator said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOH. There's a monthly and a weekly. Right.
There's actually several.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shueisha#Magazines
This actually happened a couple of weeks ago, and odds are nobody cares but me, but Realm of the Mad God now belongs to Deca Games, and not the evil overlords Kabam, and as such may become a great game again.
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
There's actually several.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shueisha#Magazines
DAMN

Also, Pinky wat
Ash lost on kalos, and the japanese fandom disliked by 30K the next episode preview on youtube dislikes.
The fandom is so angry that some of them cancelled the S&M preorder.

and Mega Charizard X is getting cosmical ammounts of hate, now you can't play withit without being called an asshole.

Blaze Burn memes are being born.
No1 said:
Ash lost on kalos, and the japanese fandom disliked by 30K the next episode preview on youtube dislikes.
The fandom us so angry that some of them cancelled the S&M preorder.
ASH IS A LOSER

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED
Pinkanator said:
ASH IS A LOSER

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED
What surprised was the way he lost,when greninja shot a giant water shuriken it didn't seem to hit when it collided so either:

A)Team plasma absorbed its energy and thus made alain win. or
B)Water shuriken evaporated.

but it was weird because greninja could tank 2 frenzy plants from mega sceptile but not a blast burn.
No1 said:
What surprised was the way he lost,when greninja shot a giant water shuriken it didn't seem to hit when it collided so either:

A)Team plasma absorbed its energy and thus made alain win. or
B)Water shuriken evaporated.

but it was weird because greninja could tank 2 frenzy plants from mega sceptile but not a blast burn.
But

But

Its not very... Whaaaaaaa
Pinkanator said:
But

But

Its not very... Whaaaaaaa
The explotion just made zard x shake and now it is getting so much hate xD
Pinkanator said:
ASH IS A LOSER

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED
Nobody would've been shocked if the writers hadn't hyped Ash up as the possible victor this time around. He has a legitimately good team, he did incredibly well against Diantha (that is, the champion), and he'd already lost to his opponent (Alain) twice, making this the perfect time for a comeback. Ash was clearly being set up to win this time, and everyone was getting hyped up about it.

Then he lost.

Not only did he lose; he lost in the worst way possible. Both Greninja and Charizard are standing on opposite sides of the battlefield, Charizard looks like it's going to fall... and then Greninja falls instead. This after twenty years of leagues that Ash just isn't allowed to win.

The only way the writers will be able to redeem themselves is if the Team Flare arc is fantastic and Ash defeats Alain (though many have said that this will only make Ash the moral victor at best). Some, however, want Ash to go on and publicly defeat Diantha, making him the new Champion, even though it probably won't happen.
NaturalCalm said:
Nobody would've been shocked if the writers hadn't hyped Ash up as the possible victor this time around. He has a legitimately good team, he did incredibly well against Diantha (that is, the champion), and he'd already lost to his opponent (Alain) twice, making this the perfect time for a comeback. Ash was clearly being set up to win this time, and everyone was getting hyped up about it.

Then he lost.

Not only did he lose; he lost in the worst way possible. Both Greninja and Charizard are standing on opposite sides of the battlefield, Charizard looks like it's going to fall... and then Greninja falls instead. This after twenty years of leagues that Ash just isn't allowed to win.

The only way the writers will be able to redeem themselves is if the Team Flare arc is fantastic and Ash defeats Alain (though many have said that this will only make Ash the moral victor at best). Some, however, want Ash to go on and publicly defeat Diantha, making him the new Champion, even though it probably won't happen.
I read somewhere that team flare could have ruined the fight by absorbing the water shuriken energy.
No1 said:
I read somewhere that team flare could have ruined the fight by absorbing the water shuriken energy.
Honestly, it makes sense that Team Flare would be willing to cheat to make Alain win. He's supposed to be their pawn, so having someone with such influence under their thumb would be to their benefit. If that's the case, the writers had better give Ash a rematch with Alain, because otherwise it means that he was literally robbed of his victory.

Oh, that reminds me of the last thing that fans hated: Ash's reaction to his loss. In earlier seasons, Ash was always disappointed or angry whenever he lost a league match, but he accepts his defeat with such a sense of calmness that it almost feels fake. This after he made a speech about how he was going to win the league for all the trainers out there...
Guys guys it's not as complicated as you think it is. It's the writers deciding "Fuck it, we're setting up what Brock said ages and ages ago as a plot point here" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3F8sKP2Yg