Imasuky said:
I saw the video he made. And he did say that they were shady but he defiantly did not encourage the Doxxing. That was entirely the people who did it on their own.

He's also been reporting on the whole mess of that musician DMCAing a bunch of innocent youtubers and trying to help them out with that mess.
I'm not saying he encouraged the doxxing. He did publish another video chastising his subs. But if he publishes a video in the first place pushing a particular point of view and he has a number of people subscribed to him, some of those people might act on it.

Don't get me wrong : I'm not trying to shift the blame from the doxxers to this guy. But when you start having a relatively large subscriber base (he's in the 50k right now), the chance increases that some idiots/unstable individuals will be in that number, and want to take up arms, and so you want to be increasingly careful with how you phrase things/what you say. I've also heard this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened with him, but that's just hearsay, so I'm not placing too much value on it.
You're talking about SidAlpha. I used to watch some of the guy's videos back when he was still a nobody that was getting signal boosted by Jim Sterling. But now I can hardly stand the guy. He always acts high and mighty, but unlike Jim, it doesn't come across as an act. He's always rushing to make videos about controversies before ever doing any research into either side, thereby fanning the flames and getting the internet hate mob all riled up. Then he'll make a second video treating his fans like children for inevitably going after the person or persons he attacked in his last video, before going right back to making as many videos on the subject as he can.

Some of the people Sid calls out do in fact deserve it, but it's hard to trust that that's the case when he has a long history of not doing the research. And even when he's supposedly just "reporting breaking news," he doesn't do so in a way that's unbiased and informative. He doesn't just report that a dev has been accused of doing something by a customer, he makes sure to call the dev "dirty" and emphatically state how sleazy their alleged actions are. I really feel like Sid had potential to be a great consumer advocate, but it feels more like he chose to be a tabloid reporter.
Mindwipe said:
You're talking about SidAlpha. I used to watch some of the guy's videos back when he was still a nobody that was getting signal boosted by Jim Sterling. But now I can hardly stand the guy. He always acts high and mighty, but unlike Jim, it doesn't come across as an act. He's always rushing to make videos about controversies before ever doing any research into either side, thereby fanning the flames and getting the internet hate mob all riled up. Then he'll make a second video treating his fans like children for inevitably going after the person or persons he attacked in his last video, before going right back to making as many videos on the subject as he can.

Some of the people Sid calls out do in fact deserve it, but it's hard to trust that that's the case when he has a long history of not doing the research. And even when he's supposedly just "reporting breaking news," he doesn't do so in a way that's unbiased and informative. He doesn't just report that a dev has been accused of doing something by a customer, he makes sure to call the dev "dirty" and emphatically state how sleazy their alleged actions are. I really feel like Sid had potential to be a great consumer advocate, but it feels more like he chose to be a tabloid reporter.
I only just found him and i've only seen a handful so didn't know that much.
Mindwipe said:

That's pretty much some of the more informed reports I've heard on him, though I admittedly only discovered him through this controversy. As always, I find it's a problem that's at least partly linked to the way Youtube works. Basically a channel (that's related to games, but also other stuff like news), to become successful, needs to have at least one or two characters that people will find appealing and interesting. I'm not only talking about gaming channels, but more generally what they call Youtube "personalities" (Jon Stewart, Rooster Teeth, and others, are some I like [though yes, Jon Stewart isn't only a Youtube person, I know that]) that suffer from and encourage the same fundamental flaw : if you watch a channel for someone's personality, and not, say, because the person actually says interesting and true things, in the end, a cycle ends up starting wherein a cult of personality (sometimes, a literal cult, like Sargon of Akkad) will occur, and people will adopt the exact same behavior every time : they don't question the things the first person they listen to tells them, because it plays into their ecosystem of personalities and likes. In the end, some of those Youtubers use that influence for good (or, at least, not for worse), and some just like to "brag, exaggerate and lie", as a favorite punk rock band of mine would say.

One example I often like to cite is a Hearthstone streamer I watch, Kripparrian, who, even if some of the things he says, does and plays are good and well-informed, also tends to support some... shady stuff, to say the least. Syndicate from CS:GO also was in the same bag.
Mindwipe said:
I really feel like Sid had potential to be a great consumer advocate, but it feels more like he chose to be a tabloid reporter.
Welcome to the modern news media conflict: Either be first and risk being wrong or be right and risk not being heard.
People forget sometimes that with great power comes great responsibility.

But back to the game itself, is it scary? I only ever saw trailers of that friday the 13th stuff and it scared the crap out of me. For an mmo though I might think it's not quite that bad. I haven't seen any game trailers yet.
(Unless it's not an mmo and simply online multiplayer, in which case, my bad)
Friye said:

But back to the game itself, is it scary? I only ever saw trailers of that friday the 13th stuff and it scared the crap out of me. For an mmo though I might think it's not quite that bad. I haven't seen any game trailers yet.
It's just online multiplayer. One player is Jason and the others are the would-be victims. If you've seen Dead By Daylight, it's a lot like that.
Mindwipe said:
It's just online multiplayer. One player is Jason and the others are the would-be victims. If you've seen Dead By Daylight, it's a lot like that.
Sounds like it would've been super popular if it was released during the Left 4 Dead life cycle (or is it un-life cycle)

I'm sad that Idea Channel is ending.
Friye said:

What Mindwipe said. Personally, I like it because it somewhat recaptures the feel of slasher flics of the eighties (I still think, apart from Dead by Daylight and this, there's pretty much no "slasher" horror games).
And asymmetrical multiplayer is always an interesting concept.
Friye said:

I've watched Let's Players play it, and I can imagine the "scary" being when you're trying to run and escape from being killed, but other than that, I would just call it a murderously fun online multiplayer game of Hide And Seek!
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
If you've seen this before, then perhaps this may be of interest to you:

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2017/07/14/mizuryuu-kei-land-hentai-anime/ <____<
Yay.

Now we just need MC Academy anime!

And one about that slut family.
Geese Howard is Tekken 7's first DLC Guest Character.

In honor of this, I'll leave this here: https://youtu.be/dVwcP-0GdX4
Defcon7 said:
Geese Howard is Tekken 7's first DLC Guest Character.
The Tekken team is so good at this it's scary XD

I don't think I've been this (happily) surprised by a character crossover in a long time.
Oh, the ultimate weeabo "goose" howard as a Tekken Character? That was unexpectedxD
George A. Romero, 'Night of the Living Dead' creator, dies at 77
Chester Bennington, frontman of Linkin Park, has passed away at 41. It seems he hanged himself after Chris Cornell's death.

RIP ;(