Admittedly the idea of an Aliens disney show is somewhat amusing. Every child should be taken off guard by a chestburster.

Personally I thought the reason that people hated mutants and not metahumans is because mutants were born with powers while metahumans got their powers through plot. Also because they're meant to be an analogy for issues such as bigotry.
So I heard that dril got doxxed. And that the culprits were some rabid Homestuck fans. What the hell even is the internet?
Ah! But first I need music.

And you would not be wrong. If this decision leads to more things like the wonderful "fingering" scene that was in Covenant, then I'll be on board for whatever madness Scott cooks up. I actually heard elsewhere that he wants to do a War Of The Worlds type situation with David and The Engineers, of whom the latter is rightfully pissed at the shit the former has been doing in the past ten years between Prometheus and Covenant.
Bayonetta 3, and 1,2 on switch.

more importantly WE'RE BACK ON THE STAGE OF HISTORY FOR THE 6TH TIME BAYBEEEEEE
New death stranding trailer and like always it's weird and cryptic as fuck. Still no gameplay either which is worrying because this thing is looking more like a movie than a game.
Sleepyhead97 said:
New death stranding trailer and like always it's weird and cryptic as fuck. Still no gameplay either which is worrying because this thing is looking more like a movie than a game.
So like a Kojima project.
Imasuky said:
So like a Kojima project.
Exactly.
At this point I'm pretty sure that Death Stranding is some kind of troll/revenge upon the games industry by Kojima. He's just having Sony pay him to put all his celebrity friends/mancrushes in mocap suits and find excuses write off hanging out with them as a business expense. I would be completely not surprised if there never was and never will be a game, and Kojima just wants to find out how long he can keep stringing the con along.
notanotheralias said:
At this point I'm pretty sure that Death Stranding is some kind of troll/revenge upon the games industry by Kojima. He's just having Sony pay him to put all his celebrity friends/mancrushes in mocap suits and find excuses write off hanging out with them as a business expense. I would be completely not surprised if there never was and never will be a game, and Kojima just wants to find out how long he can keep stringing the con along.
I'd be happy with that. I mean it's Kojima, we expect it to be like nothing we've ever seen
notanotheralias said:
Or its an overelaborate way to ask norman reedus, madds mikkleson, and del toro if they wanna have an orgy
skullman2033 said:
Or its an overelaborate way to ask norman reedus, madds mikkleson, and del toro if they wanna have an orgy
I'd still pay to see that.
skullman2033 said:
They do it in mocap suits and he makes that his next trailer.
Sleepyhead97 said:
They do it in mocap suits and he makes that his next trailer.
With a David Bowie song playing over the whole thing.
Does anyone know more about the whole Catalonia thing going on these days? I find it strange how quiet the internet has been about it all...

The stuff I understood:
- Catalonia wanted independence from Spain. On the voting days, military and police kept people from voting. It got violent.
- A political figure fled to Belgium to avoid political imprisonment. Afaik he is now back in Spain, not in jail.
- Catalonians are now in Brussels to protest and ask for freedom of speech and whatnot. The media here are either portraying them as to "spread their hate" or as "peaceful protesters asking to he allowed to vote".
- European voices are oddly quiet, perhaps fearing that more countries will fracture (Like Scotland/GB, Flanders/Wallonia, ...)
- Something enraging but unconfirmed by me is the bit where apparently the Catalonian protests aren't allowed to be covered in Spain for more than 1min per 30mins airtime, and they're not allowed to show any of the violence.

Anyone know a few sites or papers or so to keep up with this story?
Friye said:
Does anyone know more about the whole Catalonia thing going on these days? I find it strange how quiet the internet has been about it all...

The stuff I understood:
- Catalonia wanted independence from Spain. On the voting days, military and police kept people from voting. It got violent.
- A political figure fled to Belgium to avoid political imprisonment. Afaik he is now back in Spain, not in jail.
- Catalonians are now in Brussels to protest and ask for freedom of speech and whatnot. The media here are either portraying them as to "spread their hate" or as "peaceful protesters asking to he allowed to vote".
- European voices are oddly quiet, perhaps fearing that more countries will fracture (Like Scotland/GB, Flanders/Wallonia, ...)
- Something enraging but unconfirmed by me is the bit where apparently the Catalonian protests aren't allowed to be covered in Spain for more than 1min per 30mins airtime, and they're not allowed to show any of the violence.

Anyone know a few sites or papers or so to keep up with this story?
Now that you mention it I haven't heard anything about it. I forgot it was even an issue.

This does seem a bit odd how little we have heard.

But best not to discuss it too much as it's political in nature.
The thing to me about Patreon's failed change to their payment model (especially in the greater context) is that it looks not unlike a chef who tries to open their own restaurant. You can be really good at cooking and preparing food, but owning a restaurant and the logistics of its maintenance are a completely different skill set that is 100% unrelated to cooking.

That 2.9%+$0.35 fee? There probably wasn't any backroom scheming or complex maths involved. I would bet money that it was the fee Patreon has to pay their Point of Sale vendor plus 1%, give or take a half. And if they literally said "we're having patrons eat the card fee instead" there would be a not-insignificant reduction in blowback.