Imasuky said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6A6te-1SY
Fortnite Accused of BRAINWASHING?
And people wonder why itll be a cold day in hell before i play a battle royale game
skullman2033 said:
And people wonder why itll be a cold day in hell before i play a battle royale game
cant we just play playstation all stars battle royale

thats a good game
Pinkanator said:
cant we just play playstation all stars battle royale

thats a good game
You mispelt 'Super Smash Brothers'.
Sleepyhead97 said:
You mispelt 'Super Smash Brothers'.
You misspelled Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion.

(Not really, Smash is life, but you did misspell "misspelt".)
So has anyone watched this short called Song in The Sky? It's pretty terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elERU7kcGm0
The first pictures of Starfire in the live action Teen Titans TV series have been released.

And they're hideous.

https://twitter.com/badpostitans/status/984057806738415618/photo/1

How in god's name do you fuck up Starfire that badly?
Hawkeye said:
The first pictures of Starfire in the live action Teen Titans TV series have been released.

And they're hideous.

that's not good
Hawkeye said:

And they're hideous.

that's not good
Hawkeye said:

And they're hideous.

God dammit

This is why you should have professional cosplayers do costume design
Beast Boy looks like he's just some hipster kid with hair dyed green as well. And the actress they've got for Raven doesn't so much look objectionable as just really, really plain. If we couldn't get a hot Raven then I'd rather they went for the ugly, widow's peak Raven from the '80s comics than plain.

Still, going from both BB and Star it's clear that this production just isn't willing to shell out for serious makeup/costuming. What really baffles me is that if you aren't going to go all out for body paint/alien costumes/etc. then why would you even want to create something with characters that have that as features in the first place?
Beast Boy and Raven I can forgive. I don't agree with it but I understand it would be hard as hell to make Beast Boy entirely green. Starfire however just does not look the part at all. The neon pink hair and the purple dress make her look like she belongs in Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin movie.

I will say Hawk and Dove look spot on, though. I can't wait to see them in action.
Okay so the good news is this is just their costumes for that scene
https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles/status/984461159519600641 more evidence for main villain being the mind control guy.
Sleepyhead97 said:
https://youtu.be/i5qOzqD9Rms eyy it's true.
Apparently his name is "Screenslaver" which I actually really love, and think it's kinda clever, but that might because I just love puns.
Neat.

On another note, anyone here have anything to say on the recent madness going on with Channel Awesome?
Contorted said:
Neat.

On another note, anyone here have anything to say on the recent madness going on with Channel Awesome?
Don't you mean Channel Larry
Pinkanator said:
Don't you mean Channel Larry
Precisely.
So, Ballmasterz 9009 on Adult Swim isn't exactly groundbreaking, but it's pretty fun. I was a fan of Superjail, so it's cool to see the same people as that show doing their take on shounen anime.
Contorted said:
Neat.

I was lurking KiwiFarms when the truth about JewWario was revealed. What a wild fucking ride.
geekgirl8 said:
I was lurking KiwiFarms when the truth about JewWario was revealed. What a wild fucking ride.
I have been following it for a while and just man it got real.
Everyone was effected by the news the most recent thing i've been hearing is that Doug himself left or is leaving channel awesome though i don't know for sure.
Argonis said:
I have been following it for a while and just man it got real.
Everyone was effected by the news the most recent thing i've been hearing is that Doug himself left or is leaving channel awesome though i don't know for sure.
Yeah, that's the general rumor I've been hearing too. Malcolm has also been leaving subtle hints that they're still going to be making videos but independent from CA. Which seems like a smart decision, the sooner Doug gets control of the Nostalgia Critic IP the better.
geekgirl8 said:
Yeah, that's the general rumor I've been hearing too. Malcolm has also been leaving subtle hints that they're still going to be making videos but independent from CA. Which seems like a smart decision, the sooner Doug gets control of the Nostalgia Critic IP the better.
Doug is part of the problem at CA, so what difference would that make?
My speed read of the Google doc gave me the impression that Doug wasn't so much an instigator of problems as someone couldn't be arsed to fix those problems, so maybe he thinks that the whole thing is so radioactive he needs to distance himself from everything in order to save face.

It can easily be a misread but willful ignorance seems to be a common trait among creative types and YouTubers
They apparently cancelled a planned 10 year anniversary movie because of all this crap so...yeah it sucks. I mean I know they had problems and stuff filming them but, kickassia, suburban knights, and to boldly flee were great representations of the characters, and I know it might be shitty to do so...that is how I choose to remember them. All of them together, entertaining the fans and being their characters.

It's like watching the original Star Trek movies. I'm sure a few of them hated each other by the time 6 rolled around but they all shared their moments, all took that iconic group picture and all signed their signatures, as the characters we all grew to love. It just sucks there is always some real life shit to just destroy all of that behind the scenes.

I respect them all as people don't get me wrong but...yeah this whole situation is just crappy from top to bottom.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
My speed read of the Google doc gave me the impression that Doug wasn't so much an instigator of problems as someone couldn't be arsed to fix those problems, so maybe he thinks that the whole thing is so radioactive he needs to distance himself from everything in order to save face.

It can easily be a misread but willful ignorance seems to be a common trait among creative types and YouTubers
That's what I'm taking away from this: Doug is egotistical and inept, but Mike Michaud represents the actual management, being that he's CEO, and he's proven to be completely incompetent and a jackass at that, if the Google doc is anything to go by, so it's understandable on Doug's part to want to break away from that. I don't count Doug as completely innocent in all of this, but he's not the one "in charge" of Channel Awesome, he's just the recognizable talent.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:

geekgirl8 said:
That's what I'm taking away from this: Doug is egotistical and inept, but Mike Michaud represents the actual management, being that he's CEO, and he's proven to be completely incompetent and a jackass at that, if the Google doc is anything to go by, so it's understandable on Doug's part to want to break away from that. I don't count Doug as completely innocent in all of this, but he's not the one "in charge" of Channel Awesome, he's just the recognizable talent.
Don't forget that Doug was the deciding vote in firing their PR lady immediately after surgery and forcing her to sign a non-competition agreement or receive no severance pay, thereby ruining her career for several years. Not to mention there are several mentions of Doug being a complete ass to the other CA contributors in that doc. If I got anything from the doc, it's that Doug may not be as bad as Mike, but he's still a jerk and 100% complacent in everything that happened.
Mindwipe said:
If I got anything from the doc, it's that Doug may not be as bad as Mike, but he's still a jerk and 100% complacent in everything that happened.
1) I think you may have meant to type complicit (perhaps via complacency)

2) I'm not saying he should be absolved from blame. The best analogy I have is Michaud is like an agent who is willing to do anything and everything to ensure his client makes money and so does he. Said client (Walker) is too stuck up his own ass to realize what's going on and mostly rubber stamps everything because he's told it's the best thing to do. Walker is culpable because he did nothing to stop Michaud.

3) As an aside, I can easily see people who were told "no" or weren't given preferential treatment or were somehow "disrespected" unjustifiably call someone in higher favor an ass--that's basically how one of the local cons here had a sudden change of management. There are too many cases to think this scenario is what happened to Walker, but unfortunately, I can't dismiss it.
Not sure if this is big news or even goes here but, ya'll should check this out. This looks pretty legit, can't wait to see the finished video, apprently its going to be like a 30 minute episode or what not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKNuZovuSw