Hypno-Hub Video Game Idea.
Instead of a Fighting game, why not a puzzle game? Hypno Hypno Pop!

You play as Hypno-Tan in the solo mode with the final boss in the hardest mode being Awake-San. The idea is that like Puyo Pop, you use different colored hypno spirals. If you can combo enough, you'll send black and white spirals to your opponent. However, getting ride of these spirals (Control breaking is the term), you'll fill up the Coffee Meter, which allows you enter a freenzy mode where you can make a comeback! If you opponents screen becomes a giant spiral that puts them into a trance and they lose (and by default, you win)!
Indifferent on the exact execution, but a hypno-hub themed puzzle game sounds like a blast! ^_^
Oh, puzzle games like that usually have an image of the characters to the side of the actual gameplay area, too, don't they? So naturally you'd see them struggling/succumbing as you go/when you win. Sounds like a fun one.

[I feel like the opponent progression would run from sub -> dom, since the former wouldn't be all that invested in actually beating you. *cougherikacough*]
you know, considering the quality of games that are being produced here, it wouldn't surprise me if this became a thing, also, how similar would this be to Hunie Pop, would you keep the gift giving and money stuff, or is it basically just puzzles?
can i be an in-game item
*Calling it Puyo Puyo Pop*

Ew

We here only allow the superior Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
Really like the idea, might give it a try if you haven't started yet, might change the name a little though... It needs to be more catchy
Pinkanator said:
*Calling it Puyo Puyo Pop*

Ew

We here only allow the superior Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
But Puyo Puyo has so many more cute characters in it. The plot of Puyo Puyo 7 even has possession in it, if that's the sort of thing you're in to.
blooper said:
But Puyo Puyo has so many more cute characters in it. The plot of Puyo Puyo 7 even has possession in it, if that's the sort of thing you're in to.
yeah but
I love this idea, and there are plenty of characters to use as well.
hmm...am I the only one here who basically just wants Huniepop with hypnosis? I missed out on that game and would like to..uhhm...experience it in a slightly different format
Lord_Derik said:
hmm...am I the only one here who basically just wants Huniepop with hypnosis? I missed out on that game and would like to..uhhm...experience it in a slightly different format
I feel like that would be a wonderful idea, and if you wan to use some imagination you could say Huniepop is already using some form of hypnosis when you seduce the girls.
Imasuky said:
I feel like that would be a wonderful idea, and if you wan to use some imagination you could say Huniepop is already using some form of hypnosis when you seduce the girls.
that's true, and given how talented some of the artists on here can get, the art assets shouldn't be too hard to procure, same with voice actors

OHH I just had an idea...if this idea get's traction, we could make a huge collaborative game, with artists, writers and everyone who wants pitching ideas "for" their characters, like Zko's Crystal could be a character you can...procure, and Zko could actually play a part in writing her
Lord_Derik said:
that's true, and given how talented some of the artists on here can get, the art assets shouldn't be too hard to procure, same with voice actors

OHH I just had an idea...if this idea get's traction, we could make a huge collaborative game, with artists, writers and everyone who wants pitching ideas "for" their characters, like Zko's Crystal could be a character you can...procure, and Zko could actually play a part in writing her
I would love to help take part in this idea.
Might I add that SOMEONE will want yaoi?

*couldn't be less transparent*
Pinkanator said:
Might I add that SOMEONE will want yaoi?

*couldn't be less transparent*
did we forget that in Huniepop, you have the option of being a man or a woman~?

and I don't think it'll be too difficult to have male subs along with women~ (hopefully I'm right on that, not a game dev, so I wouldn't know)
I really love this idea, and the expressions when struggling your oppenent are a great idea!
I'd *so* buy that~

I volunteer for character drawings! <3
I do think I'm a pretty good writer, so if scripts or proofreading needs done, I volunteer~

EDIT: that is, if school stops being an absolute B#### and I have time to do things
Being a part time programmer, and always wanting to improve my skills, I though I might as well give this a try! If anyone here is interested, either as an artist or programmer, join the discord channel I created so we can discuss a little more.
Here is the link to the discord chat: https://discord.gg/FUpve
If you are not interested in helping in the development of the game, you can still join and try and input some ideas so that we can make the best hypno game possible!
Cya there!
Still waiting for Hypnohou (touhou) before I pick up bullet hells

Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine = Dr Hypnotic's Sweet Dream Machine

Hypno Hypno Pop sounds like an advertisement for one of those ice snacks, as in like calypso by nestle
Lord_Derik said:
I do think I'm a pretty good writer, so if scripts or proofreading needs done, I volunteer~

EDIT: that is, if school stops being an absolute B#### and I have time to do things
I would be down with writing/proofreading. I can't program or draw or anything, but I think I at least have a decent grasp of the English language.

Also I like what someone else said, this should totally be like Huniepop!
What if each girl had a different method of mind control used on them, somewhat relative to their personality?
Like have a nerdy girl that gets controlled by nanites into being a robot, a wild party girl who is given a hypnotic drug, and a pure waifuish religious girl who gets corrupted by magic and becomes a demon/succubus?
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
I would be down with writing/proofreading. I can't program or draw or anything, but I think I at least have a decent grasp of the English language.

Also I like what someone else said, this should totally be like Huniepop!
What if each girl had a different method of mind control used on them, somewhat relative to their personality?
Like have a nerdy girl that gets controlled by nanites into being a robot, a wild party girl who is given a hypnotic drug, and a pure waifuish religious girl who gets corrupted by magic and becomes a demon/succubus?
i'd play that if i wasnt shit at puzzle games. now RHYTHM games on the otherhand
Thinking about Huniepop and how each orb has a different symbol got me to thinking about how it could work for this, The first two that came into mind were pocket watches and spirals. While thinking of others I thought of lucky charms.

Now I can't help but think about Hypnohub cereal with Hypno-chan as the mascot always trying to trick Awake-san into eating a bowl.
skullman2033 said:
i'd play that if i wasnt shit at puzzle games. now RHYTHM games on the otherhand
I would be down for that as well.

Also I had another idea! You know how at the start of Hunie Pop, Kyuu shows up to give you a tutorial on how to make girls your waifu? Well what if the same sort of thing happens in this game, but the girl who shows up for you is just an ordinary girl who is enthusiastic about hypnosis and REALLY subby, and she decides that YOU have the potential to be a master mind controller and she wants to be the first member of your hypno harem. So she teaches you how to MC her, and then becomes your happily hypnotized sidekick for the game, giving you advice on how to capture the hearts of prospective hypno harem members.
NightLucidity said:
Being a part time programmer, and always wanting to improve my skills, I though I might as well give this a try! If anyone here is interested, either as an artist or programmer, join the discord channel I created so we can discuss a little more.
Here is the link to the discord chat: https://discord.gg/FUpve
If you are not interested in helping in the development of the game, you can still join and try and input some ideas so that we can make the best hypno game possible!
Cya there!
^ Just gonna draw a little more attention to this discord room here.

Also maybe lets not start getting ambitious and make this end up just talk again, yeah? The initial idea is a lot more doable than most of the others people have started up threads about in the past.
Imasuky said:
Now I can't help but think about Hypnohub cereal with Hypno-chan as the mascot always trying to trick Awake-san into eating a bowl.
so all the commercials are like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbV4Po8cCQ ?
skullman2033 said:
so all the commercials are like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbV4Po8cCQ ?
Yeah, If I had the money I would commission some art of it.
Pastel-Daemon said:
^ Just gonna draw a little more attention to this discord room here.

Also maybe lets not start getting ambitious and make this end up just talk again, yeah? The initial idea is a lot more doable than most of the others people have started up threads about in the past.
I've never used Discord. Do you need a camera/mic or something to use it? Cause I've got neither.

But I think first and foremost, we need to make a decision - is the game going to be more like Puyo Pop where we'll have little character avatars that get hypnotized during the stage, or are we going full Hunie Pop?

Oh and I've got a name suggestion! How about... Mind Pop?
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
I've never used Discord. Do you need a camera/mic or something to use it? Cause I've got neither.

But I think first and foremost, we need to make a decision - is the game going to be more like Puyo Pop where we'll have little character avatars that get hypnotized during the stage, or are we going full Hunie Pop?

Mind Pop is a great name and has my support.
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:

for the discord, mic is optional, it's mainly talking through text

second, I think it's basically going to be a...different version of what Huniepop is, pretty sure, and the name...not bad, but I think it needs work
Seeing as this actually seems to be taking off, I feel I must stress we have to cater to the yaoi crowd.

*cough*