...Wow. I didn't think anyone would be up for this. Maybe I should finally learn how to use unity or to learn to program a puzzle game...
Pinkanator said:
Seeing as this actually seems to be taking off, I feel I must stress we have to cater to the yaoi crowd.

*cough*
the game isn't even made yet, let's wait until it actually functions before we fine tune it, shall we~?
NinjaW said:
...Wow. I didn't think anyone would be up for this. Maybe I should finally learn how to use unity or to learn to program a puzzle game...
well NinjaW, the discord chat is open for you to join, we're currently looking for people who want to join and contribute~
I'm still up for working on a visual novel, provided we have the artists and I have the time.
Pinkanator said:
Seeing as this actually seems to be taking off, I feel I must stress we have to cater to the yaoi crowd.

*cough*
Well, we don't HAVE to, if the majority decides it not to be so.
But we could. Maybe we could make both camps somewhat happy and have a trap?
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
That sounds good to me.
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
That sounds l-lovely~!
TheSpoon said:
That sounds l-lovely~!
Okay what about this?
With each character (except for the first tutorial one who, IMO, should come to you willingly and beg to be hypnotized), there would be a number of "stages", like in Huniepop. Only instead of them being dates where you're trying to progressively charm her in a somewhat normal way, you would be progressively hypnotizing her more and more.

Example:
Stage 1: Meet a girl. She thinks you're lame and kind of a creep. You start putting the hypno-moves on her. Because of this, she feels more inclined to talk to you more, and doesn't think you're as creepy. You ask her out again, and she initially says no, but then changes her mind and somewhat reluctantly agrees to meet you again.

Stage 2: You continue to work her mind, and while she's generally still mentally sound, she seems to be having minor lapses of confusion. Forgetting little things, zoning out for a few seconds, and feeling strangely drawn to you. You ask her to meet you again, and she seems to blank out for a moment, gives a somewhat zombified "...Yes..." and then snaps back to her normal state of mind... for now.

Stage 3: She arrives at your date location, kind of confused at how she got there. She could swear she was just doing... something... important? Or not... This date is more important :). You put your magic to work again, and by the end of your "date", her mind is barely hanging on by a thread. Her eyes are all sleepy and glazed over, and she's looking quite happy, with a big (closed) smile. You ask her out one more time, and she agrees, leaving in the same state. But this time, before she goes, you give her an order (this would differ between each character), and in her case, you'd tell her to not wear any panties when she sees you next time.

Stage 4: She arrives with the same happy, glazed-over expression that she had before. You ask her if she remembered what you told her, and she flashes you her bare pussy. But... this makes her mind twitch just a little bit. She wonders... is this right? Is something wrong here? Well, you'd better do something about that! You give her the final blast of mind controlling puzzle power, and with that... she's completely yours. Mindless and devoted to being your slave.

So... that could maybe be the general flow of things, right?

Soooo....

If we have a trap character, maybe it could go something like this!

Stage 1: You run into a friend of yours. It's a guy, and he's kind of effeminate looking, but he wears boy clothes and acts like a boy in general. You decide to try out your hypnosis on him, just to see if you can, and maybe you can pull a funny prank on him or something. But by the end, he's feeling a lot more agreeable to what you say, and you decide to tell him to hang out another time, to which he agrees.

Stage 2: You work your magic again, and this time, you decide to play that prank on him. You tell him the next time he shows up, he needs to dress like a girl. At first, he kind of looks unsure, like you just said something weird. But you reassure him that it's totally fine. He would probably look really cute in a dress, after all! After a little bit of debating in his slowly-decaying mind, he decides that would be okay, as long as you didn't do anything "weird" to him. What could he possibly mean!?

Stage 3: He shows up completely in drag, looking almost exactly like any girl might. He even did his hair all pretty and wore some makeup! But he swears to god he's not wearing girl's underwear! He questions why he actually went through with it, but you tell him that he's going to pretend to be your girlfriend today. His muddled mind plays with this idea, and decides that it wouldn't be THAT weird, as long as it's just pretend... But you work your magic on him once again, and by the end of the date, you've managed to convince him that he's actually in love with you! You tell him that next time, he needs to come wearing girl's underwear, and he needs to practice how to talk like a girl too!

Stage 4: He arrives and you notice immediately that he's speaking in a higher pitched tone and using a more feminine manner of speech in general. He happily shows you his (bulging) girly panties, and goes on a date with you again. You toy with what is left of his mind, and by the end of the puzzle, he's forgotten he's a boy at all! He tells you that he's happy to be your girlfriend, and that he wants to marry you someday!
Pinkanator said:

*cough*
Will do xD, not really my thing but the hope of the game is to please everyone on the hub
You could simply give the player a choice of characters (at the simplest, just a male or female avatar, or you could get more detailed), and then provide a variety of targets/opponents/victims -- some male, some female, some crossdressing, whatever. That way, you cater to the broadest possible spread of tastes without adding too much more work.
WhyWouldYouDoThat said:
Okay what about this?
With each character (except for the first tutorial one who, IMO, should come to you willingly and beg to be hypnotized), there would be a number of "stages", like in Huniepop. Only instead of them being dates where you're trying to progressively charm her in a somewhat normal way, you would be progressively hypnotizing her more and more.

Example:
Stage 1: Meet a girl. She thinks you're lame and kind of a creep. You start putting the hypno-moves on her. Because of this, she feels more inclined to talk to you more, and doesn't think you're as creepy. You ask her out again, and she initially says no, but then changes her mind and somewhat reluctantly agrees to meet you again.

Stage 2: You continue to work her mind, and while she's generally still mentally sound, she seems to be having minor lapses of confusion. Forgetting little things, zoning out for a few seconds, and feeling strangely drawn to you. You ask her to meet you again, and she seems to blank out for a moment, gives a somewhat zombified "...Yes..." and then snaps back to her normal state of mind... for now.

Stage 3: She arrives at your date location, kind of confused at how she got there. She could swear she was just doing... something... important? Or not... This date is more important :). You put your magic to work again, and by the end of your "date", her mind is barely hanging on by a thread. Her eyes are all sleepy and glazed over, and she's looking quite happy, with a big (closed) smile. You ask her out one more time, and she agrees, leaving in the same state. But this time, before she goes, you give her an order (this would differ between each character), and in her case, you'd tell her to not wear any panties when she sees you next time.

Stage 4: She arrives with the same happy, glazed-over expression that she had before. You ask her if she remembered what you told her, and she flashes you her bare pussy. But... this makes her mind twitch just a little bit. She wonders... is this right? Is something wrong here? Well, you'd better do something about that! You give her the final blast of mind controlling puzzle power, and with that... she's completely yours. Mindless and devoted to being your slave.

So... that could maybe be the general flow of things, right?

Soooo....

If we have a trap character, maybe it could go something like this!

Stage 1: You run into a friend of yours. It's a guy, and he's kind of effeminate looking, but he wears boy clothes and acts like a boy in general. You decide to try out your hypnosis on him, just to see if you can, and maybe you can pull a funny prank on him or something. But by the end, he's feeling a lot more agreeable to what you say, and you decide to tell him to hang out another time, to which he agrees.

Stage 2: You work your magic again, and this time, you decide to play that prank on him. You tell him the next time he shows up, he needs to dress like a girl. At first, he kind of looks unsure, like you just said something weird. But you reassure him that it's totally fine. He would probably look really cute in a dress, after all! After a little bit of debating in his slowly-decaying mind, he decides that would be okay, as long as you didn't do anything "weird" to him. What could he possibly mean!?

Stage 3: He shows up completely in drag, looking almost exactly like any girl might. He even did his hair all pretty and wore some makeup! But he swears to god he's not wearing girl's underwear! He questions why he actually went through with it, but you tell him that he's going to pretend to be your girlfriend today. His muddled mind plays with this idea, and decides that it wouldn't be THAT weird, as long as it's just pretend... But you work your magic on him once again, and by the end of the date, you've managed to convince him that he's actually in love with you! You tell him that next time, he needs to come wearing girl's underwear, and he needs to practice how to talk like a girl too!

Stage 4: He arrives and you notice immediately that he's speaking in a higher pitched tone and using a more feminine manner of speech in general. He happily shows you his (bulging) girly panties, and goes on a date with you again. You toy with what is left of his mind, and by the end of the puzzle, he's forgotten he's a boy at all! He tells you that he's happy to be your girlfriend, and that he wants to marry you someday!
So... Huniepop... but with hypnosis instead of flirting...
Lord_Derik said:
hmm...am I the only one here who basically just wants Huniepop with hypnosis? I missed out on that game and would like to..uhhm...experience it in a slightly different format
I would love this, I feel like it would take a lot of work from a lot of the community. I am not an artist or programmer myself, but I would totally buy this.
A puzzle game would probably work out better than a fighter or platformer for a hypno focus. Unfortunately, puzzle games can be hard to program. I also like to imagine that mind control is somehow involved in hunnie pop. Especially given that the match animation literally has magical looking effects hit her and make her increasingly receptive.
Changer said:
A puzzle game would probably work out better than a fighter or platformer for a hypno focus. Unfortunately, puzzle games can be hard to program. I also like to imagine that mind control is somehow involved in hunnie pop. Especially given that the match animation literally has magical looking effects hit her and make her increasingly receptive.
That's pretty much what I said a little while back, I only just started thinking about it as I replayed it recently.
Imasuky said:
That's pretty much what I said a little while back, I only just started thinking about it as I replayed it recently.
so really, we could keep the flirty aspects of it in the game, but I imagine the effects of the hypnosis would get more obvious as you give them more sessions/dates, like stated above

the details need ironing out, but since little has been done with the game thus far (and by little, I mean nothing) nothing can be implemented just yet
Time machine and the hypno raptor :D
To respond to the OP a fighting game featuring a good amount of the OCs on here would be radical, however fighting games are notoriously difficult to design and implement. Conjuring art assets would also be a massive pain, however.......

Even if a puzzle game is easier to make, a fighting game would be hilariously amazing as a tribute to this site. I'd certainly partake in developing it if enough people take the idea seriously. : )
KrackoDude said:
To respond to the OP a fighting game featuring a good amount of the OCs on here would be radical, however fighting games are notoriously difficult to design and implement. Conjuring art assets would also be a massive pain, however.......

Even if a puzzle game is easier to make, a fighting game would be hilariously amazing as a tribute to this site. I'd certainly partake in developing it if people take the idea seriously. : )
There's a thread all about the puzzle game even a Discord chat about it.
I don't mean to bump a year old topic, but I felt this was relevant to share, since it's similar to what you guys are talking about
https://i.imgur.com/j8T3PNv.png
https://i.imgur.com/EZAfyAp.gifv
Essentially I've been modding Puyo Vs, and making hypnohub characters, aka Karen and Hypno-Tan. I know it's not an official game, and I don't know how far I'll go save for these two, but If you guys want to use these for assets or whatever, I'm willing to share.
Karen is all done, but Hypno-Tan still needs to be voiced and animated
If only I could comprehend Puyo. xD I can not wrap my head around that game at all. Setting up combos seems like it requires some kind of psychic ability, there are too many potential colors and not enough spaces to put them in.
IttyBit said:
I don't mean to bump a year old topic, but I felt this was relevant to share, since it's similar to what you guys are talking about
https://i.imgur.com/j8T3PNv.png
https://i.imgur.com/EZAfyAp.gifv
Essentially I've been modding Puyo Vs, and making hypnohub characters, aka Karen and Hypno-Tan. I know it's not an official game, and I don't know how far I'll go save for these two, but If you guys want to use these for assets or whatever, I'm willing to share.
Karen is all done, but Hypno-Tan still needs to be voiced and animated
Hey those are awesome! You going to put them up for download?
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
Hey those are awesome! You going to put them up for download?
Once I finish Hypno-tan I will, I wanna release them as a pack c:
Here's a couple of gifs that I made to better reflect on where I'm at right now
https://i.imgur.com/vFMGV4O.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/YxyOtRj.gifv
IttyBit said:
Once I finish Hypno-tan I will, I wanna release them as a pack c:
Here's a couple of gifs that I made to better reflect on where I'm at right now
https://i.imgur.com/vFMGV4O.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/YxyOtRj.gifv
Ha! That's awesome.