Sol420 said:
Post S5Ep2 comments:

Well. That. Escalated. Quickly...

I didn't expect them to pull that card until around the halfway point. Genndy really isn't fucking around anymore. And of course, he proves to be the master of visual storytelling just in case anyone was getting skeptical. I don't really care what he does after this, he needs to direct another series.

I am curious as to why the episode count is in the 90s. It can't be some random mistake given Genndy's track record. We were nowhere near that when the hiatus started. Maybe if the season does well enough, they'll show us what happened during the intervening years.
I know. Things got INTENSE FAST. The last episode had some killing, but this episode is officially when the show and it's creators said, "No more restrictions. No more holding back." It really shows that from here on out (hopefully) all of Jack's fights are truly matter of life or death. Something that, to me at least, was never really conveyed much in the previous seasons. Even when Jack seemed like he finally would lose (Like episodes with the lion people or Blue Skinned Morpheus or the minions of Set), I never really felt like "Holy shit, despite knowing he'll get out of this, he could actually DIE now." Well, not anymore. And the blood and violence really help that out. spoiler Pure awesome~

On another note, Aku apparently wears fake eyebrows :P
And he's just as hilarious and entertaining as he was before. x3 Though we'll all miss Mako :( His new voice is fine I guess but we all know the true voice Aku can't be replicated

Also since Tara Strong is one of the sisters, I now have this beautiful image of Twilight Sparkle as a minion of Aku who's destiny is changed from being the princess of friendship to being the one who finally finishes Jack x3 Gotta commission that some time soon
This was among the best episodes in the series.

The scenes with Aku were just as over the top and silly as they should be and the scene in the temple was so tense I held my breath for most of the fight. Right up until Jack delivered the final strike I was so tense that the smallest noise would make me jump.
StepfordCrimson said:
Also since Tara Strong is one of the sisters, I now have this beautiful image of Twilight Sparkle as a minion of Aku who's destiny is changed from being the princess of friendship to being the one who finally finishes Jack x3 Gotta commission that some time soon
Now do it as Bubbles
This was a really good episode and I'm glad that they didn't try to minimize Aku's appearances on the show because of Mako's passing. I feel that if they had tried to have him only appear at the end, the show wouldn't work as well. One thing that I didn't get was why did the temple blow up at the end? Did I miss something?
averageguy17 said:
This was a really good episode and I'm glad that they didn't try to minimize Aku's appearances on the show because of Mako's passing. I feel that if they had tried to have him only appear at the end, the show wouldn't work as well. One thing that I didn't get was why did the temple blow up at the end? Did I miss something?
The tuning fork sword he took of the assassin last episode. Anything struck by it blows up after a few moments. He kept tapping the walls as he walked out so when it hit the right time everything went off.
Imasuky said:
The tuning fork sword he took of the assassin last episode. Anything struck by it blows up after a few moments. He kept tapping the walls as he walked out so when it hit the right time everything went off.
Oh yeah, that's right! I was confused because I forgot about the knife/tuning fork/sword thing.

But man, my favourite scene was when he's talking/hallucinating with himself. It's such a powerful scene in which it really shows how far he's fallen that he's forced to argue with "himself". I'm assuming the hallucination was talking about Seppuku or something along those lines when he said "the only honourable thing to do is..." before he is cut off.
averageguy17 said:
Oh yeah, that's right! I was confused because I forgot about the knife/tuning fork/sword thing.

But man, my favourite scene was when he's talking/hallucinating with himself. It's such a powerful scene in which it really shows how far he's fallen that he's forced to argue with "himself". I'm assuming the hallucination was talking about Seppuku or something along those lines when he said "the only honourable thing to do is..." before he is cut off.
Yeah that scene was super freaky in the sense of...he's losing it. And yeah Seppuku is pretty much the only thing he could have meant, mentioning how tired he is, about his ancestors waiting, and of course the matter of honor.

A not fun fact about Seppuku, the method of ritual suicide for women was quite a bit different. Rather than slash their stomach they were supposed to slit their throat....so Jack kind of helped that one girl do that when she failed to kill him!

Now I'm sad....
Imasuky said:
Yeah that scene was super freaky in the sense of...he's losing it. And yeah Seppuku is pretty much the only thing he could have meant, mentioning how tired he is, about his ancestors waiting, and of course the matter of honor.

A not fun fact about Seppuku, the method of ritual suicide for women was quite a bit different. Rather than slash their stomach they were supposed to slit their throat....so Jack kind of helped that one girl do that when she failed to kill him!

Now I'm sad....
Cutting open your own stomach is *hard,* hence why it was supposed to be an "honorable" way to die, and why samurai who did it often had a second there to cut their head off if they gave up midway through.

The method you mentioned was just letting the women take the easy way out, and it was about preserving honor in a less abstract sense: women captured alive from fallen domains were made into sex slaves otherwise.
Ogodei-Khan said:
Cutting open your own stomach is *hard,* hence why it was supposed to be an "honorable" way to die, and why samurai who did it often had a second there to cut their head off if they gave up midway through.

The method you mentioned was just letting the women take the easy way out, and it was about preserving honor in a less abstract sense: women captured alive from fallen domains were made into sex slaves otherwise.
I know was just stating it. But yeah I can't imagine how hard it would be to cut your stomach open. I didn't even like getting blood taken so...yeah glad I don't need to disembowel myself.
WEN SCOTSMAN?

#WENSCOTSMAN
New episode highlights

Jack's dad badass.

Fight in the snow among the top 4 fights in the series.
Saturday night~ You know what that means~

And BOY is this one a doozy.

Tartakovsky's not bullshitting around this episode. No humor from Aku or anything, and Jack's getting more and more insane by the episode. And I totally felt the pain he's going through, both physically and mentally.

So it looks like there's bigger meaning and importance to this wolf than we thought. But what is it? Or maybe WHO is it? Because it's clear this is no ordinary random wolf. Maybe a reincarnation of someone from Jack's past helping him? Or maybe it's somehow a part of Jack himself?

And damn, these guys really know how to make a fight scene. I haven't seen a fight this breathtaking since Samurai VS Ninja or that fight with the ghost dragon. But let me get this straight, two of these assassins who have been training their entire lives for the sole purpose of offing Jack and nearly succeeded and seem near unstoppable last episode were killed by surprise with makeshift tree spears... Okay :/ But DAMN if this episode wasn't still awesome!

And next time raises many questions. Where is Jack now? What he doing? What happened to the 3 assassins that could have possibly survived? And what was that creature we saw?

Can't wait for next Saturday~
Imasuky said:
Jack's dad badass.
Fuck yeah~
Imasuky said:
Jack's dad badass.
Fun fact, he literally bisected that last guy.
As awesome as this was, especially the battle through the snow, I do wish we got a little more out of the daughters before jack decimated them. Or at least learned their names...Then again, with only 10 episodes (no down to 7) to work with, you have to learn to prioritize.
PenKen said:
They're streaming it on the adultswim website. Watch it there to help support the show
The problem with that is that I don't have cable/satellite tv. You need a television service provider to get access to watch outside of streaming, it seems. So I have to stick with sites like kisscartoon. Sorry.
With only 10 episodes, I know they don't have a lot of time, but I kinda wished that there were more consequences to the last episode. Last episode, was his first human death, and now he kills the other sisters with little to no hesitation. I know that his life was on the line as well, but you can't go from never killing anyone to just being ok with killing in a short amount of time.

That said, I did like the inclusion of a sort-of crazed Jack hallucination again, but this time more blood-thirsty. I wonder if we'll see any more of differing hallucinations.

I've been trying to come up with theories as to who the horse-backed warrior is and I was wondering; was Samurai Jack or his father/family based on any specific historical characters? If so, could the warrior be a rival or a opposing house/clan similar to one in real life. (Ex: Soga and Nakatomi clans?)

I also loved that the three sisters sort-of combined to create an Asura(?) like symbol.

One thing I am confused about is the frog's sudden outburst. Was that in Jack's mind or not?
DrgnmastrAlex said:
The problem with that is that I don't have cable/satellite tv. You need a television service provider to get access to watch outside of streaming, it seems. So I have to stick with sites like kisscartoon. Sorry.
Which unfortunately is down . _.
StepfordCrimson said:
Which unfortunately is down . _.
Yeeeeeeeup. Server's down again. Looking around for an alternate site to watch it on, but all I'm finding are places that have it behind a registration wall, and I don't really trust them. Or Hulu, which I refuse to use.
DrgnmastrAlex said:
Yeeeeeeeup. Server's down again. Looking around for an alternate site to watch it on, but all I'm finding are places that have it behind a registration wall, and I don't really trust them. Or Hulu, which I refuse to use.
Just search it on youtube, but filter the uploads by the day or hour. Worked for me.

Edit:

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pu8Vx9lTsU
averageguy17 said:
Just search it on youtube, but filter the uploads by the day or hour. Worked for me.

Edit:

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pu8Vx9lTsU
Blocked in my country on copyright grounds. Thanks though. I did already hunt on Youtube, and either I find reaction vids, pulled vids, or ones like the above that you linked. >.o
averageguy17 said:
With only 10 episodes, I know they don't have a lot of time, but I kinda wished that there were more consequences to the last episode. Last episode, was his first human death, and now he kills the other sisters with little to no hesitation. I know that his life was on the line as well, but you can't go from never killing anyone to just being ok with killing in a short amount of time.

That said, I did like the inclusion of a sort-of crazed Jack hallucination again, but this time more blood-thirsty. I wonder if we'll see any more of differing hallucinations.

I've been trying to come up with theories as to who the horse-backed warrior is and I was wondering; was Samurai Jack or his father/family based on any specific historical characters? If so, could the warrior be a rival or a opposing house/clan similar to one in real life. (Ex: Soga and Nakatomi clans?)

I also loved that the three sisters sort-of combined to create an Asura(?) like symbol.

One thing I am confused about is the frog's sudden outburst. Was that in Jack's mind or not?
Spoiler: It was a frog that only knows how to say "They're coming!" every time it croaks.
Ogodei-Khan said:
Spoiler: It was a frog that only knows how to say "They're coming!" every time it croaks.
I do wonder if that was a hallucination or if the frog really did just croak like that. I mean it'd hardly be the strangest thing to show up.

Remember the Wonderland episode, that was weird.
Okay, finally found a place where I could watch the newest episode. Pretty good stuff. Here's my thoughts:

spoiler

As for the frog...well, that could be a magical talking frog, or Jack hallucinating. Either one is as likely as the other in this series. :P
DrgnmastrAlex said:
Blocked in my country on copyright grounds. Thanks though. I did already hunt on Youtube, and either I find reaction vids, pulled vids, or ones like the above that you linked. >.o
If you have this kind of problems you can try using programs like Hotspot and Ultrasurf, I use them all the time to overcome the blocks on my wifi
I assume the green samurai is an omen of Jack reclaiming his warrior spirit.

Also, he and Ashi are totes going to get married in the past. Calling it now.
Well the official summary for the next episode says Jack teams up with an assassin to escape the depths of a monster the two have fallen into, so I'm assuming Ashi is said assassain. Besides I really don't think they would have given her a name and a little character moment if she was just going to die. She had to be somewhat important, plus Tara strong, can't go wrong there!
So uhhh... no new episode tonight, it seems. But for fans of Rick and Morty, there may be a treat to the tune of a new episode of that!

April- NO APRIL FOOLS!!
Dr_Mabuse said:
So uhhh... no new episode tonight, it seems. But for fans of Rick and Morty, there may be a treat to the tune of a new episode of that!

April- NO APRIL FOOLS!!
Well shit..I missed it. I mean no Jack sucks but I'd really hate to miss that even more
Imasuky said:
Well shit..I missed it. I mean no Jack sucks but I'd really hate to miss that even more
It's on repeat right now! ...in my time zone at least