Making a micronation
So we've been talking about micronations a little bit on the Discord server and discussed forming our own micronation, the great Republic of Hypno-Hubia. We'll claim Null Island as our territory yet be a government in exile, as soon as we can form a government and establish a constitution. Would take open suggestions as to what the flag/coat of arms/laws should be, with mods acting as police/military.
So far on Discord we've decided the following roles for the interim government:
Acting President: Me (until a proper government forms)
Secretary for the Department of National Identity: Copper (so, flag, coat of arms, national symbols etc)
Secretary for Defence: Dreamshade
Interim Secretary for Constitutional Drafting: OneManArmy
Riley said:
So we've been talking about micronations a little bit on the Discord server and discussed forming our own micronation, the great Republic of Hypno-Hubia. We'll claim Null Island as our territory yet be a government in exile, as soon as we can form a government and establish a constitution. Would take open suggestions as to what the flag/coat of arms/laws should be, with mods acting as police/military.
The coat of arms could be a spiral... Seems thematically appropriate.
Well just make sure it doesn't do to shit like Kickassia :P
StepfordCrimson said:
Well just make sure it doesn't do to shit like Kickassia :P
With a name like that, how could it possibly have failed?

Also, that sounds like a really good idea.
JoyJoyBoy said:
With a name like that, how could it possibly have failed?

Also, that sounds like a really good idea.
Because THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC was in charge of the place xP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJuz70OHrxE
StepfordCrimson said:
Because THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC was in charge of the place xP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJuz70OHrxE
Was Jesse Cox involved? If so, that might also have contributed to the fall of Kickassia.
What's the immigration process like?
Let me be in charge - I'm a great dictator.
ZeldaIsHot said:
Let me be in charge - I'm a great dictator.
I was about to object to a dictator, but then I remembered what website I'm on.
I have to ask this.

Will we have blackjack and hookers?
Imasuky said:
I have to ask this.

Will we have blackjack and hookers?
I certainly hope so. Wouldn't be much fun without them.
Anon_3.141 said:
I certainly hope so. Wouldn't be much fun without them.
Good otherwise I'll start my own and include them.
Imasuky said:
Good otherwise I'll start my own and include them.
Don't forget about the martinis (shaken, not stirred).

And vodka, for people who need stronger alcohols to get buzzed.
Anon_3.141 said:

Absinthe or water
Imasuky said:
Absinthe or water
Also, we'll need Marijuana to attract the hipsters, who are every society's source of cultural progress.
Imasuky said:
Absinthe or water
Absinthe actually has no special qualities and is just low quality liquor. The reason it got it's reputation was because the people who did drink a lot of it went on to create really surreal art.
EoD said:
Absinthe actually has no special qualities and is just low quality liquor. The reason it got it's reputation was because the people who did drink a lot of it went on to create really surreal art.
I thought it got it's reputation because it was so low quality that in many of the establishments making it they accidentally let in some crazy ass fungi and stuff?
Anon_3.141 said:
The coat of arms could be a spiral... Seems thematically appropriate.
I concur! I suggest white and purple. No idea why, but it just feels right ;)
OH OH! I could design one! Yes~ let me get right on that!

Will there be a casual chat room too for the discord server? I get really shy when it comes to live interaction about hypnosis stuff (imploding, self-destructing shy ._.) but I'd still like to hang with you guys in a casual environment :) seems like fun!
And
Friye said:
OH OH! I could design one! Yes~ let me get right on that!
And so I did!
http://imgur.com/a/MHpBt
I'm forming a party to demand more Ladybug pictures
Friye said:
And And so I did!
http://imgur.com/a/MHpBt
Looks good.
Jabberwocky said:
I'm forming a party to demand more Ladybug pictures
Wrong thread for that dude :P
Anon_3.141 said:

Oh come now, if we're going to make our own civilization, it ought to be civilized, darling.

Martinis are stirred--with gin!

(and lemon twists, leave your olives on the snack tray please)
_kaliss_ said:
Oh come now, if we're going to make our own civilization, it ought to be civilized, darling.

Martinis are stirred--with gin!

(and lemon twists, leave your olives on the snack tray please)
Not according to Bond. Besides, Sake's the real man's alcohol.
Anon_3.141 said:
Not according to Bond. Besides, Sake's the real man's alcohol.
Bond drinks vodka martinis actually.
ElisaSky said:
Bond drinks vodka martinis actually.
They are however shaken rather than stirred.
I have no idea what this "micronation" thing is or what people are talking about. But I just wanted to respond

Diplo_Song said:
I thought it got it's reputation because it was so low quality that in many of the establishments making it they accidentally let in some crazy ass fungi and stuff?
That's kind of/sort of right. The actual original recipe for absinthe involved small amounts of Wormwood. Everyone put it in, although low quality establishments tended to put in too much of it, which could cripple or kill someone. Today legally sold absinthe uses a recipe that neglects the Wormwood entirely. I've heard people argue as to whether or not the original recipe really had a stronger or an addictive effect, I've certainly never tried it so I can't say for sure.

And so the fact that you were not just getting fucked up, but getting fucked up with a lethal poison that's name-dropped in the Book of Revelations is kind of what gave the drink its appeal. That, and some of the authors who swore by the stuff made the drink loved by gothy types.
I find it curious that the micronation for a hypnosis-themed website is struggling to find ways to attract emigrants.

Also, we should be okay as long as we claim Null Island and not File Island. I hear on File Island there be Monsters.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
I find it curious that the micronation for a hypnosis-themed website is struggling to find ways to attract emigrants.

Also, we should be okay as long as we claim Null Island and not File Island. I hear on File Island there be Monsters.
I'd like Candy Apple Island,
notanotheralias said:
I have no idea what this "micronation" thing is or what people are talking about.
Probably something akin to https://slatestarcodex.com/2013/04/15/things-i-learned-by-spending-five-thousand-years-in-an-alternate-universe/ (lengthy read, but I think it's interesting). I assume. I'm not on the Discord server.