Disappearance of DaisyHypnoCharm
Did... Did DaisyHypnoCharm just... disappear from HypnoHub? Because I can't find pictures of Cleopatra or any of the comments by them, even though I saw their comments just a few hours ago (I think?)

Am I going crazy or something? Anyone know what happened?
They requested that all their uploads and their account be deleted. I (sadly) followed through with the request just a few hours ago.

It's a real shame. I liked what they posted. :/
Vanndril said:
They requested that all their uploads and their account be deleted. I (sadly) followed through with the request just a few hours ago.

Trippy: ummmm their account was accessed by their room mate and they did that....
But didn't they say on the forums that that wasn't their request but someone on their computer messing with them?
Vanndril said:

How recent did they request this? Because a few days ago they said their roommate was trying to get their account deleted and made a forum post about it.
111 said:
Trippy: ummmm their account was accessed by their room mate and they did that....
Multiple times? Over the course of a week? There was even a 5 days period after the last DMail about it to clear up that misunderstanding, and I received nothing saying so.

Well, here's hoping it was an intended request, because otherwise their day just got a whole lot shittier when they realize all their Hub stuff is perma-gone.

Edit:

EdgeOfTheMoon said:
But didn't they say on the forums that that wasn't their request but someone on their computer messing with them?
Goddamnit.

I'll see if I can't restore the account somehow, but I'm not exactly hopeful about it.
Vanndril said:
Goddamnit.

I'll see if I can't restore the account somehow, but I'm not exactly hopeful about it.
DB rollback?
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
DB rollback?
That's the idea. Contacting Slayerduck about that now, under the hopes that he's still awake.
How come the recent thread/news wasn't brought up to your attention...?
Thread itself got locked by a mod, so I question how this wasn't discussed/brought up... =_____=
RedCollarBlackCollar said:
How come the recent thread/news wasn't brought up to your attention...?
Thread itself got locked by a mod, so I question how this wasn't discussed/brought up... =_____=
You would think it would have been, right?

But nope. T'was nothing short of a communication gap.
Vanndril said:
You would think it would have been, right?

But nope. T'was nothing short of a communication gap.
Ik I cause a bit of a public shit storm over how things are run/handled here, not to take the piss outta you guys (as I'm sure you know that's never my intetion), but like...

There's just gotta be better ways to handle this sorta stuff at times. Fact no mods told ya (from what I'm assuming) is kinda concerning...
Ik I cause a bit of a public shit storm over how things are run/handled here, not to take the piss outta you guys (as I'm sure you know that's never my intetion), but like...

There's just gotta be better ways to handle this sorta stuff at times. Fact no mods told ya (from what I'm assuming) is kinda concerning...
Things are set up to where I should be informed about this sort of happening.

Somewhere down the line of communication, something broke before the information reached me. Whether it be a personnel or technical error, I'm not yet sure. But I'm not exactly happy, so you can be sure I'll find out once the situation is properly handled.
Vanndril said:
Things are set up to where I should be informed about this sort of happening.

Somewhere down the line of communication, something broke before the information reached me. Whether it be a personnel or technical error, I'm not yet sure. But I'm not exactly happy, so you can be sure I'll find out once the situation is properly handled.
Alright, cause if mods aren't relaying to you about these sorts of incidences, I'm going to have to try and step it up myself...
I saw the post from Daisy about this and how her roommate essentially tried to screw her over as well. I figured that the mods would have seen it already.

Alright, cause if mods aren't relaying to you about these sorts of incidences, I'm going to have to try and step it up myself...
If this is the case, I'll step up for a mod position too. I'm on here daily at multiple times throughout the day, and the most time I'm away is one to two days. Plus I do tend to check out multiple forum threads to see if there's anything interesting to discuss or if someone linked something good, so...guess I'm available. :P
If anyone knows a way to contact Daisy and could tell me via DMail, I'd appreciate it. Slayer seems to be asleep and only he has access to the database backup files, so this may take a while, and I'd like to ease their concerns over the situation.
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
yeah they literally said it in thew forum post that someone they knew was fucking with their stuff.
I'm not going to restore the entire database over the deletion of one user, this happened in result of a user-error account breach and not a technical failure. I suggest recreating the account and we can delete the md5 hashes out of the banned image table so all the work can be re uploaded.
slayerduck said:
I'm not going to restore the entire database over the deletion of one user, this happened in result of a user-error account breach and not a technical failure. I suggest recreating the account and we can delete the md5 hashes out of the banned image table so all the work can be re uploaded.
Can she just re-create her account or is the nickname locked too?

It's sad that exactly the thing happened her ex-friend tried to achieve but failed because Daisy noticed it :/
Anno1404 said:
Can she just re-create her account or is the nickname locked too?

It's sad that exactly the thing happened her ex-friend tried to achieve but failed because Daisy noticed it :/
I think Vanndril literally wiped the account from the database, so the name should be free.
Mindwipe said:
I think Vanndril literally wiped the account from the database, so the name should be free.
Yep. Only way to satisfy deletion requests is...to delete.

And all of her image posts technically still exist, so I can just undelete those and reattribute them to the new account when it's created.

I was hoping to be able to restore DMails, blacklist, etc. as well, but I guess this will have to do.

I just hope that Daisy actually goes and creates a new account. If any of you see her around, tell her to contact me so I can coordinate reattributing her uploads to her new account.
I'll try and get in contact with them on DA
mariosonicfan said:
That would be appreciated. Thank you.
mariosonicfan said:
Their "friend" deleted their DA
Aw frak! That's true. Damn it well I hope somebody has some way of contacting them.
Pinkanator said:
Their "friend" deleted their DA
Figures.

mariosonicfan said:
Aw frak! That's true. Damn it well I hope somebody has some way of contacting them.
You and I both.

Even if I'm not technically responsible for what happened, it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty over it. I hate when assholes get their way, and I hate being manipulated to hurt someone even more. I'd like to allow Daisy a sense of normalcy here once again, if nothing else.
Yeah that's my fault, sorry. I should've sent Vann a mail in addition to Henry due to the nature of the request/misunderstanding.
Cradily said:
Yeah that's my fault, sorry. I should've sent Vann a mail in addition to Henry due to the nature of the request/misunderstanding.
You're the third moderator to blame themselves for the incident. It's not really anyone's fault except the "friend" that did this. There was no way to know an account deletion request was sent to my DMail, after all, and it's not exactly an intuitive leap of logic to make. (Or was that mentioned directly in the thread?)

In related news, I've decided that I'm no longer honoring account deletion requests.

Back when we were a small site with a small user base, it wasn't a problem. I would typically know the users well enough to know when a request was genuine, and the requests were few and far between. But nowadays, I tend to get multiple requests per month, and each one of them is risky.
Vanndril said:
You're the third moderator to blame themselves for the incident. It's not really anyone's fault except the "friend" that did this. There was no way to know an account deletion request was sent to my DMail, after all, and it's not exactly an intuitive leap of logic to make. (Or was that mentioned directly in the thread?)
I explained it in the DM I sent, but basically there was enough information for me to infer this. So yes, my fault. Stop taking my fault away from me.
DaisyHypnoCharm said:
Hi !
Just came back, yes, it was someone that accessed my computer and send tons of negative messages to several members of the Hub, and myself I didn't paid enough attention to my mail box.

For the old account, don't worry about restoring it, computer works are annoying to do and there are better things to do in front of a screen.
I'll use this new account and it doesn't change anything.
+ I saw my commissions have been reposted, so everything is Ok ; ) .
Hey! Glad to see you return!

Sorry for the trouble.

*does a thing*

BAM! All your uploads should be as though you uploaded them from your new account. Let me know if any are missing or weren't actually uploaded by you.

This is why I'm glad deleting posts defaults to soft-deletion. Undeleting is such a nifty feature.

Cradily said:
I explained it in the DM I sent, but basically there was enough information for me to infer this. So yes, my fault. Stop taking my fault away from me.
I refuse. :P

(I posted that before you sent the DMail, anyway.)
DaisyHypnoCharm said:
Hi !
Just came back, yes, it was someone that accessed my computer and send tons of negative messages to several members of the Hub, and myself I didn't paid enough attention to my mail box.

For the old account, don't worry about restoring it, computer works are annoying to do and there are better things to do in front of a screen.
I'll use this new account and it doesn't change anything.
+ I saw my commissions have been reposted, so everything is Ok ; ) .
Glad to see you managed to make your way back. c:
Pastel-Daemon said:
Glad to see you managed to make your way back. c:
^^^^^