Dot hack GU HD Remaster!!!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! I USUALLY HATE USING ALL CAPS BUT THATS HOW FUCKING HYPED I AM!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/13/hackg-u-last-recode-announced-hd-remaster-new-elements-systems/

fucking christ almighty....

I didn't realize how fucking starved I was for dot hack stuff until this was announced. I had resigned myself to the fact that the only way to experience more dot hack was to just replay/rewatch what was already here but damn. If this goes well, we may very well have more dot hack in the future and hopefully one that doesn't blow up in it's face like link did.

I would've preferred the original 4 games to come out first but honeslty, I'll take what I can get at this point. I was actually in the middle of replaying gu when I found this so, yeah, I'm still freaking out.

What about you guys? I can't be the only fan here.
HOLY FUCKIN S@#$% I'M EXCITED NOW

you're not alone.
I'll get excited when they announce that it's coming West with English VA.
I never played a .hack game so I'm pretty hyped about this.
Plus BOTH Ni no Kuni games are coming to PC too!
Wish they'd bring the rest of the PS3-era Tales games to PC too...
Mindwipe said:
I'll get excited when they announce that it's coming West with English VA.
must you rain on my parade?

In all seriousness though, it is a real concern. While I'm pretty sure most of the main VA's are still working, it's entirely possible they'll just release it sub only, if at all. Hell, the last blazblue game (centralfiction) which was much more recent and (supposedly) more popular had it's dub snubbed for the last entry without even notifying the original actors.

I seriously hope they dub it though, some of the performances in GU were some of the best these actors had.
I'm excited I never got to finish that series. 2/3 games means occasionally I get kind of nuts and really want to finish.
Sol420 said:
must you rain on my parade?

In all seriousness though, it is a real concern. While I'm pretty sure most of the main VA's are still working, it's entirely possible they'll just release it sub only, if at all. Hell, the last blazblue game (centralfiction) which was much more recent and (supposedly) more popular had it's dub snubbed for the last entry without even notifying the original actors.

I seriously hope they dub it though, some of the performances in GU were some of the best these actors had.
Depending on how much is actually re-done, it's possible they could just reuse the original dub. It depends on if there's new dialogue or not. Pretty sure all the Engish VAs are still working, though some of them have moved to only doing union work.
Mindwipe said:
Depending on how much is actually re-done, it's possible they could just reuse the original dub. It depends on if there's new dialogue or not. Pretty sure all the Engish VAs are still working, though some of them have moved to only doing union work.
They do appear to be implications of new story content. The "haseo with an unfamiliar look" is a sticking point. I am optimistic, though, since dot hack helped in putting bandai on the map (aside from toys)
Never did end up getting the third volume before, so that's pretty neat.
Wow, with the exception of "powerful enemies have been mitigated" which could be a hit or miss depending on how they do it, all of these changes are amazing, the 999 chims being my favourite. Like seriously.
Western release is confirmed, dub is still not, and with it supposedly coming out later this year, I don't like the sound of that. https://www.destructoid.com/relive-the-glory-days-with-this-hack-g-u-last-recode-tease-443795.phtml
Mindwipe said:
Western release is confirmed, dub is still not, and with it supposedly coming out later this year, I don't like the sound of that. https://www.destructoid.com/relive-the-glory-days-with-this-hack-g-u-last-recode-tease-443795.phtml
Neat!

I don't think GU ever came out in England so I'll finally get to play them ^^
HOLY FUCKING SIT!!!!
dammit, I wanted to be the one to break the news. Curse my work schedule...

But freaking hell, this is amazing. It's still processing that .hack is coming back after all this time. If .hack can make a comeback, then maybe even other obscure titles can like steambot chronicles or metal saga.

Although, I am in the middle of going through the original ps2 versions of gu myself so a part of me isn't too keen of going through that again so soon. Hopefully the new stuff will be sprinkled throughout instead of all at the end.
Also, I don't think I'd worry too much about the "powerful enemies have been mitigated" part. My guess is that, since this is going to be all 3 volumes in one, some of the post game enemies for parts 1 and 2 have probably been toned down. I mean, when the games first came out, you had to wait months in between volumes, so they threw in some really tough post game quests that you had to grind a lot for.
Mindwipe said:
Also, I don't think I'd worry too much about the "powerful enemies have been mitigated" part. My guess is that, since this is going to be all 3 volumes in one, some of the post game enemies for parts 1 and 2 have probably been toned down. I mean, when the games first came out, you had to wait months in between volumes, so they threw in some really tough post game quests that you had to grind a lot for.
I just hoped they reworked those god damn flying bird things. I like the idea behind them but this game flat out isn't built for areal combat. Also, no more calling for backup. It just seems like an annoying way to pad out the fight
meh I'm still gonna get it heck there were games that had a limited physical release we might get lucky on that.
damn, I was hoping i could drop cash on a physical limited edition. Hopefully, they change their minds about this but all in all, not a huge loss so long as we get it.
Getting it at all is great; maybe Limited Run Games will pick it up? Namco-Bandai's a little... Less Indie than their normal field, but it's not entirely out of range I don't think. They're usually pretty good at guesstimating demand for their releases, so...
The game contains a brand new episode https://www.destructoid.com/-hack-g-u-last-recode-will-contain-a-brand-new-episode-four-452356.phtml

This, however, makes me more worried about the English dub.
Mindwipe said:
The game contains a brand new episode https://www.destructoid.com/-hack-g-u-last-recode-will-contain-a-brand-new-episode-four-452356.phtml

This, however, makes me more worried about the English dub.
the premium version is also getting released stateside so I'll need to alter my pre order.

also, what about the new episode makes you worried for the dub?
Sol420 said:
the premium version is also getting released stateside so I'll need to alter my pre order.

also, what about the new episode makes you worried for the dub?
I'm worried that either the new episode won't have one or won't have the same actors.
Mindwipe said:
I'm worried that either the new episode won't have one or won't have the same actors.
I'd wager more for different vas than no dub altogether. They've already promised dual audio and it would be super wierd and sloppy for them to have an entire section of the game randomly undubbed. although I compared the two earlier, blazblue had an entire seperate entry not dubbed. this one is being released alongside the main content.

I do know that alkaid/sakubo's va has suffered injuries that have left her bedridden for a few years now but I think most of the main cast should still be working unless there's some contract thing I don't know about.
Sol420 said:
I do know that alkaid/sakubo's va has suffered injuries that have left her bedridden for a few years now.
No not my Alkaid she's my mmo waifu.spoiler
Sol420 said:
I'd wager more for different vas than no dub altogether. They've already promised dual audio and it would be super wierd and sloppy for them to have an entire section of the game randomly undubbed. although I compared the two earlier, blazblue had an entire seperate entry not dubbed. this one is being released alongside the main content.

I do know that alkaid/sakubo's va has suffered injuries that have left her bedridden for a few years now but I think most of the main cast should still be working unless there's some contract thing I don't know about.
Well, there is also the issue of the voice actor strike, but I don't know how much or how little that affects the VAs of this game.

I know that Dave Wittenberg, voice of Gaspard and Matsu, probably won't be involved, given that he didn't reprise his role as Teddy in Persona 4 Golden, Arena, and the anime because they weren't union work.

Also, Alkaid's VA, Erin Fitzgerald is still voice acting. She's recently done voice work in Nier: Automata, Persona 5, and Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Mindwipe said:
Well, there is also the issue of the voice actor strike, but I don't know how much or how little that affects the VAs of this game.

I know that Dave Wittenberg, voice of Gaspard and Matsu, probably won't be involved, given that he didn't reprise his role as Teddy in Persona 4 Golden, Arena, and the anime because they weren't union work.

Also, Alkaid's VA, Erin Fitzgerald is still voice acting. She's recently done voice work in Nier: Automata, Persona 5, and Puyo Puyo Tetris.
is the strike still going on. Also, holy shit, Erin has been the voice of chie since the recast. How the hell did I forget that?

Edit: Ok, I just realize I got erin mixed up with brianne siddall. As far as I know, erin is just fine, brianne is the one who was injured and bedridden. for some reason I thought erin was also the voice of elk and tsukasa.
New trailer and confirmed release date on Nov. 3rd!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweyKPF4P50

not only that but we get to see a little bit of the english dubbed new content. As happy as I am to see this, the trailer spoils the first 3 volumes immensely. Like, why the hell would they do that? I know it's an old game but it's an obscure old game so a lot of people wouldn't know the story. nitpicking aside, I'm interested to see how haseo's 5th form is going to function due to it's transformative nature.