Sol420 said:
New trailer and confirmed release date on Nov. 3rd!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweyKPF4P50

not only that but we get to see a little bit of the english dubbed new content.
Yesssssss. Yuri Lowenthaaaaaal. Also, thank God they changed the name of the 4th volume to Reconnection to fit with the name scheme of the other 3 volumes, rather than that bizarre title it has in Japan.

Anyway, hype levels are at critical.
Mindwipe said:
Yesssssss. Yuri Lowenthaaaaaal. Also, thank God they changed the name of the 4th volume to Reconnection to fit with the name scheme of the other 3 volumes, rather than that bizarre title it has in Japan.

Anyway, hype levels are at critical.
someone apparently still cares about consistency over at bamco.

Out of all the changes though, I hope they fixed whatever the hell went wrong with vol. 3's subs to make "oh man what was that?" appear no matter what the people were actually saying. That was one of the most hilarious/infuriating things I've ever seen in a localisation.
basically a rundown of what's been revealed since last time.

11 minute gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8llmvZrtgk
Gotta say, the game still holds up pretty well although the actual models for iyoten and asta show their age a little. Also, for some reason, they edited out all dialogue in the cutscenes. weird but whatever...

Parody mode: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/hackg-u-last-recode-parody-mode
that one, I'm fairly, certain won't be dubbed but it does make replays more fun

And more info on haseo's new weapon: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/hackg-u-last-recode-details-haseo-5th-form-weapon-gate-ouroboros
It actually looks super fun to use and i can't wait to try it out.

additionally, they've released the intro videos for volumes 1 and 2 with 3 coming up soon, probably. I'd say spoilers, but those were in the orignal games so I can't really fault them for it. Every little detail that comes out makes me even more hyped than before. I seriously hope they translate the kite light novels too. This could potentially lead to even more dot hack in the future so I hope it sells well.
with last recode naught but a week a way, I think its time for one last news post before release.

this info is kind of spoilerey, but then again, so has all of the other promo material for the game so I don't see a reason to worry about it now. that being said, if you're one of the people that doesn't know a thing about gu or have somehow managed to avoid most of the trailers yet still managed to hold interest, I'll black it out

spoiler

I also read somewhere that the new volume would only be 3-4 hours long and I honestly doubt that. Aside from not being able to trace a reliable source, 3-4 hours seems criminally short for something like this. I'd by 8-10 or something, but 3-4 hours is not enough time for an rpg to really get going. I also hope that getting haseo's new form doesn't lock us out of his old stuff, as i liked switching between the weapons. It allowed for some variety in an admittedly simple battle system.
I know I said "one last" news post last time but a couple of things have come out.
A new launch trailer with a cool new song and comparison shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWnDWeTyLs
It's like that one glasses meme that went around a few months back.

I've also seen posts about people receiving their copies a day early so congrats if any of you are reading this!

For the rest of us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3MzWYa_-Y
And here i thought i was gonna have to search for this thread XD.
I got my order shipped so now i am officially hype for tomorrow.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ahhhhhhhh do I get it for PS4 or PC? PS4 or PC? PS4orPCPS4orPCPS4orPC
so now that I've managed to finish the main story for vol. 1, I think I can take a moment to gush about the finished product. I'd call this a trip down memory lane but, as I said in previous posts, I was in the middle of playing through the ps2 versions ( got part way through vol 3) when the remake was announced so I can't exactly call it a nostalgia trip.

What I like:
-the visuals are fantastic and (most) of the character models hold up well despite the lack of lip movement for non-important scenes.
-the quality of life improvements (inventory expansion, xp boosts, etc) really did a lot to reduce the late game grind. Makes the whole thing a lot smoother. also thank god they reduced the number of pks who use sleep inducing armor effects.
-new unlockable wallpapers were cool.
- Minor spoiler spoiler

What I didn't like:
-the sidequest grind is still kind of annoying. Some of those you can't get around like finding every lucky animal, but do I really have to still shoot for 50 kicks total when there are only 20 of them? Same thing with mecha grunty and pk hunting. Also, I hate how the monster encounter rate for battle arenas is still high so it may not even count.
-the difficulty reduction I feel was a little too much for the avatar fights. Aside from a 2 or 3 exceptions, I honeslty don't think the avatar battles were difficult enough to warrant a nerf.
-that weird border around the edges of the old desktop wallpapers and news vids is more than a little distracting. Also, boo to no new bgms (at least for vol 1).
- not a dislike but I really hope they kept the cheat code in for the bike races in vol2 and 3. I cannot do them for the life of me so if that isn't in then the bike races are off the table.

still finishing up some grinding but otherwise ready to head to volume 2 and onward. I'm really liking the remake so far and I hope vol 4 holds up well compared to the rest. what do you guys think?

also, cc2 said they're interested in remaking imoq if fan demand was high enough. It's just a tweet but it's something. Hell, even just a digital release on psn would be greatly appreciated.
https://elitegamer.co/cyberconnect2-open-idea-remastering-first-hack-series-fans-want/
@Sol420 i have also recently completed vol1 [did all sidequests and fill all books] and i really enjoyed it i didn't even know about the exp boost till i wen't to gaming forums talking about how people hated it cause it made the game too easy.

About the grind
YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT
the grind was murder looking for every animal AND kicking enough for that guy to say "ok you kicked enough"
also that flyer quest can just die.

but i noticed a lot of those sidequests really complete themselves by just playing and completing areas so it wasn't that much of a hassle.

and really hope that last part happens cause getting the quadrilogy physically will kill my wallet.
I was actually getting ready to resurrect this thread to ask if anybody had it yet and how it is. Nice to hear that's it's holding up so far. I'm thinking of buying it for the PS4 in the coming days.

As for an original quadrilogy remaster, I think that'd wouldn't be enough for those games. They really need to do a full-on remake of those games with a more active battle system for it to do well with more than just the most hardcore fans.
Mindwipe said:
I was actually getting ready to resurrect this thread to ask if anybody had it yet and how it is. Nice to hear that's it's holding up so far. I'm thinking of buying it for the PS4 in the coming days.

As for an original quadrilogy remaster, I think that'd wouldn't be enough for those games. They really need to do a full-on remake of those games with a more active battle system for it to do well with more than just the most hardcore fans.
I actually like the slower paced feel of the combat in the originals. It encouraged mixing play styles while with gu, Haseo is entirely physical with his skillset.

that being said though, adding some kind of hotkey feature to reduce the amount of scrolling through menus would help improve the pace of combat by a huge margin. also more varied attack animations to make things more impactful. I'd also like them to redo the virus core system as the grind for that was just annoying.