JksAccount said:
I don't think chemistry is supposed to be an option. The way I read it, it says that our chemistry rank is determined by how many points we put into drugs under the chemistry skill, so say we put two points into the perfume, we'd get two points in chemistry as well, as the perfume is a chemistry skill.
Nope, it requires investing points.
Read the text above the Chemistry skill again
Ehrenmannchimäre said:
Nope, it requires investing points.
Read the text above the Chemistry skill again
Hmm. Upon rereading, I see that it says "The total cost of chemistry is the cost of your most expensive drug, plus 1 Control Point for each additional drug you start with." The way I understand that is that we don't take chemistry as its own skill, we take whatever skills in chemistry we like, then the price overall is the most expensive skill plus one per additional skill.

So if we just took the perfume, chemistry would cost two points, and we'd just have the perfume. But if we took the perfume and the slave spray, it'd cost five points, because the slave spray costs four and you add one for the perfume.
JksAccount said:
Hmm. Upon rereading, I see that it says "The total cost of chemistry is the cost of your most expensive drug, plus 1 Control Point for each additional drug you start with." The way I understand that is that we don't take chemistry as its own skill, we take whatever skills in chemistry we like, then the price overall is the most expensive skill plus one per additional skill.

So if we just took the perfume, chemistry would cost two points, and we'd just have the perfume. But if we took the perfume and the slave spray, it'd cost five points, because the slave spray costs four and you add one for the perfume.
What it means is that if you take more than one drug, it only counts the most expensive one and gives you other drugs for only one CP each.
It doesn't have anything to do with the Skill tree
Ehrenmannchimäre said:
What it means is that if you take more than one drug, it only counts the most expensive one and gives you other drugs for only one CP each.
It doesn't have anything to do with the Skill tree
I think I see now. I blame my confusion on the lack of uniformity between different control methods.
JksAccount said:
I think I see now. I blame my confusion on the lack of uniformity between different control methods.
I can see that. This CYOA is certainly lacking in some regards.
But it is the one we use currently, so we just have to deal with it.
And the poll for Mind Control abilities 1 is concluded
Subliminial Messages (2p) 7 1-70
Pheromone Parfume (2p) 5 71-120
Chemistry (1p) 4 121-160
Pheromone Parfume (1p) 4 161-200
Hypnosis (1p) 4 201-240
Hypnosis (2p) 3 241-270
Chemistry (4p) 2 271-290
Chemistry (2p) 1 291-300
Chemistry (3p) 1 301-310
Pheromone Parfume (3p) 1 311-320

And the dice says...
Gentleman Chimaera rolled 276 using 1d320. Control ability 1.
And we got... Oh boy, Chemistry 4.
Make proposals for the next round
2 Control points remaining
Well... I guess go with the Perfume. If we're going for chemistry, might as well go all in.

Although I do think it's kind of odd that we can have all these points in the Chemistry skill, but still not know any mind control drugs. I apologize if we've already been over this, but are we absolutely sure it works this way? Because if so it feels like we're... kinda limited.

Edit: Okay, I think I understand it now. 4 points in Chemistry means we don't necessarily start with any drugs, but we know how to make them.

I think.

In any case, scratch the perfume. I'd like to advocate Traditional Hypnosis, or the subliminals. Either one really.
Well, I'm going to posit 2p pressure points, because I like it and for no other reason.
JksAccount said:
Well, I'm going to posit 2p pressure points, because I like it and for no other reason.
Hmm... Chemistry + Pressure Points = Sexy Hypno Biologist

I like it! ^^
Psionics 2p
Now that I think about it, Tech works kinda like Chemistry. So maybe just 2 blanket points in Tech, then we could just build devices as wanted/needed.

But for that we'd need to spend a bonus point on getting the Tech skill character trait. Hmm... Although that would leave us one extra point... maybe we could pick up Rich too?

Eh, I suppose we can address that when we come to it.
Also yeah. You can make the chemicals yourself if you have invested the same amount of CP's nessecary into the skill.
Kinda makes it a dumb idea to even buy them, other than having them right at the beginning
Hypnosis (2p) 7 1-70
Pressure Points (2p) 4 71-110
Technology (2p) 3 111-140
Psionics (2p) 3 141-170
Hypnosis (1p) 0
And the voting concluded

Gentleman Chimaera rolled 62 using 1d170. Control ability 2.
And our second control ability is hypnosis.

First poll for the rivals:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13634473
Kinda goes without saying, but we probably want to stay away from the gynoid, given that it's immune to pretty much everything we can throw at it.

Vampire might be fun though. Gotta have some sort of challenge. (Although I am kind of a masochist, especially when it comes to games.)
Rival 1 out of 3
Kitsune 8 1-80
Elven Princess 6 81-140
Angel 5 141-190
Hypnotic Cheerleader 5 191-240
Stage Hypnotist 4 241-280
Telepath 4 281-320
Mad Scientist 4 321-360
Naga 4 361-400
Siren 4 401-440
Vampiress 3 441-470
Gynoid 3 471-500
Pheromone Mistress 3 501-530
Drow Witch 3 531-560
Succubus 2 561-580
Dominatrix 2 581-600
Sorceress(IN A WORLD WITH NO MAGIC) 2 601-620
Genie 2 621-640
Alright.
Voting concluded

What does the dice say?

Gentleman Chimaera rolled 404 using 1d640. Rival 1.
And that makes our first rival the Siren.

Poll for Rival 2
http://www.strawpoll.me/13638126
And Polls closed.
Rival 2 out of 3
Elven Princess 6 1-60
Kitsune 4 61-100
Angel 4 101-140
Telepath 4 141-180
Hypnotic Cheerleader 3 210-240
Naga 3 241-270
Vampiress 3 271-300
Gynoid 3 301-330
Pheromone Mistress 3 331-360
Genie 3 361-390
Stage Hypnotist 2 391-410
Mad Scientist 2 411-430
Sorceress 2 431-450
Drow Witch 1 451-460
Succubus 1 461-470
Dominatrix 1 471-480
Place your bets because the dice is rolling!
Gentleman Chimaera, rolled 324 using 1d480. Rival 2.
And the opponent is... The Gynoid, the one none of our abilities are working on. That's going to be fun.
And now... For the Final Rival, the fina poll!
http://www.strawpoll.me/13639229
And the opponent is... The Gynoid, the one none of our abilities are working on. That's going to be fun.
Well... On the plus side since we're in a setting without computers or advanced tech, the Gynoid is probably going to be at a severe disadvantage as well. She'd be extremely dangerous in person, and might have a little advanced tech that she'd build herself, but at least she can't go full Shodan on us.
Ehrenmannchimäre said:
Nothing like a little bit of adversity, right?
I can sorta see what you are trying with voting for the MAD SCIENTISTO, but eh, if the dice speak that number, so be it
Ehrenmannchimäre said:
I can sorta see what you are trying with voting for the MAD SCIENTISTO, but eh, if the dice speak that number, so be it
I mean we need that guy on our team, we can´t do shit against the gynoid otherwise, unless we got some magic girl and just smash the en gynoid into pieces
The fires rise.

Rival 3 out of 3
Mad Scientist 6 1-60
Kitsune 5 61-110
Angel 5 111-160
Naga 5 161-210
Elven Princess 4 211-250
Hypnotic Cheerleader 4 251-290
Genie 4 291-330
Telepath 3 331-360
Vampiress 3 361-390
Pheromone Mistress 3 391-420
Drow Witch 2 420-440
Stage Hypnotist 1 441-450
Sorceress 1 451-460
Succubus 1 461-470
Dominatrix 1 471-480

And your last foe shall be...
Gentleman Chimaera rolled 25 using 1d480. Rival 3.

The mad scientist, a possible solution to the Gynoid Question or something that makes it even worse? Only time will tell.

Now, for the Posse, I open the first poll, of how many members it shall contain:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13642182
I have to say we have an awful lot of technological and magical enemies for our low-tech, magicless world. Hopefully we'll be able to cope with that.
JksAccount said:
I have to say we have an awful lot of technological and magical enemies for our low-tech, magicless world. Hopefully we'll be able to cope with that.
I'm certainly going to make them fit in the world. That is my job after all.
Ehrenmannchimäre said:
I'm certainly going to make them fit in the world. That is my job after all.
Oh no, I don't mean in terms of fitting them into the world, I mean in terms of our character evading methods of badoozlement we cannot comprehend.
Now for the posse, there's only one correct answer.

ALL OF THEM! :D

Except maybe the catgirl. I remember you said no furries.
JksAccount said:
Oh no, I don't mean in terms of fitting them into the world, I mean in terms of our character evading methods of badoozlement we cannot comprehend.
If there is no magic in the world, the rivals won't have any as well. I will either give them superpowers or Psionics that do exactly the same as what their magics will do.

SpiralEye said:
Now for the posse, there's only one correct answer.

ALL OF THEM! :D

Except maybe the catgirl. I remember you said no furries.
You know that Mamono can also be catgirls, right?
Ehrenmannchimäre said:

You know that Mamono can also be catgirls, right?
Hmm... fair enough I suppose. I'm certainly not going to complain. I wholly support the inclusion of catgirls either way.
All of them 3 1-3
6 2 4-5
None 1 6
1 1 7
3 1 8
4 1 9
5 1 10
8 1 11

And the Dice says...
Gentleman Chimaera rolled 1 using 1d11. Posse.
And the dice is nice this tice.
ALL OF THEM.
Which means we don't have to perform the time-consuming process of determinining each member, yay.

Anyhow, proposals for what to do with the Bonus points.
Offer them. And chose what you think would be fun. Don't hold your ideas back, even if they are unpopular.
Because, remember: You don't know yet how things will play out in the end. A useful sounding thing might prove itself not as important while the opposite might also happen.
Alright then.

Personally, I think we're good as far as traits and control points. So I'd like to suggest that we add the Kitsune and the Naga as rivals, just to take full advantage of the Mamono setting (and definitely not because mamono are a fetish of mine or anything).

I suppose we could also add them as members of the posse, but we've already got a rather large posse and more rivals would make things more challeng- I mean interesting. And when we capture the Kitsune (therefore adding her to the posse anyway) our reward can be cuddling those sweet, silky, and oh so fluffy tails.

As for the final point, I'm conflicted. Part of me says nerf the gynoid, while another part of me says to spend it making the rivals appear in chronological order. That way by the time we got to the gynoid we might already have at least one rival hypnotized to aid us.

Anyway, those are my suggestions