slayerduck said:
We actually have over 20k unique people visiting each day, but i assume the majority doesn't use an account and is only here for quick faps.
How about to make the pictures (NOT the thumbnails) member-only? That would likely reduce bandwidth costs.
MaDrow said:
How about to make the pictures (NOT the thumbnails) member-only? That would likely reduce bandwidth costs.
It would force everybody to sign up for an account they would only use to leech with and not to take part in the community, there is no point in that.
Just a thought, but you could probably stand to shill your patreon a bit more. As far as I can tell a random visitor would only know about it by trawling the forum, which many of them probably don't. A link along the top or a small banner probably wouldn't be too obnoxious
plsignore said:
A link along the top or a small banner probably wouldn't be too obnoxious
That sounds like advertising to me :D
Actually, I am legit surprised that we don't have the little Patreon button under the bottom of the page on the Hub like there is on Booru.org? Branding consistency etc.
Triple: you could maybe offer some advertising spaces for some artists or people like lex from enhancement UK might add some hypno themed banners at least
slayerduck said:
That sounds like advertising to me :D
But it's *good* advertising, not *crappy* (see:all those horrible ads on the bottom) advertising.

Additionally, letting people contact you to advertise directly on the site might be better than all these "tap to x the y" ads.
slayerduck said:
It would force everybody to sign up for an account they would only use to leech with and not to take part in the community, there is no point in that.
At least peeps who unleash automatic image clawers and achivers on HH have to do more effort |=(:3
First, I am also concerned that paywalling is even a conceivable option. The only acceptable use of paywalling in a booru that I can think of is how Danbooru paywalls loli images because of advertiser squeamishness, and that doesn't apply to this site anyway since you obviously already have an advertiser plan available. Don't do it, man.

Have you considered accepting one-time donations via cryptocurrency? I can't imagine I'm the only one who shied away from donating out of fear of a second Patreon hack. There are several merchant-friendly exchanges for Bitcoin available and ShapeShift.io has a very nice "Pay with Altcoins" widget for everything else. I'm also seconding the idea of self-serve advertisements. (Incidentally, if you do create a self-serve ad framework, I would be seriously stoked if you open-sourced it. I know a lot of guys who have been eying NT Tech's Softserve framework with envy since it came out and would love to have something similar to fund their own operations.)