To play devil's advocate, Go isn't that bad on its own.
The fact is that the actors and most of the directors actually have very good comedic timing, which makes most of the jokes go over well.
Like I said, it's okay on its own, it's the fact that they make so many episodes and then play nothing but them over and over to beyond Nick and Spongebob levels that's horribly bad. What we really need is some way to preserve the shows and creative staffs but lose the idiots running the network.
Also, I can't help but feel like the concept will overstay it's welcome for an entire movie.

Also, I didn't know that OK KO was having bad ratings. That's too bad as that show is amazing.
If the one mural where it was the TTGO kids fighting with the original series kids is part of the movie plot, then I could see it getting to 75-90 minutes maybe.

notanotheralias said:
What we really need is some way to preserve the shows and creative staffs but lose the idiots running the network.
The idiots are here to stay and may actually do some good in a roundabout way. I don't remember which show it was, maybe Korra, but one network's execs basically sunset a show because the demographics were skewing too old. Now this by itself can be upsetting and a bit of a head-scratcher (especially if you want parents to tune in with their kids) but if the goal is pre-teens and you're actually getting senior high and college, that's a problem and it needs to be addressed in some way rather than condoned.
Imasuky said:
Adventure Time is ending and OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes, and Mighty Magiswords have poor ratings and are at risk of getting canceled.

And Steven....man they just love to ignore it aside from the Steven Bombs.
OKKO has bad ratings? I thought it was doing well. They're certainly promoting it enough and trying to tie it to TTG in the eyes of viewers.

Mighty Magiswords is definitely on the way out. They were really trying to push it for the Magimobile concept, but once that went away for their Sunday Afternoon blocks, the show disappeared. They'll probably burn off whatever's left.

Edit: Per wikipedia, OKKO seems to range from 800,000 to 1.2 million viewers for each premiere still, with recent episodes cracking 1 million. That's worse than TTG but not too far off.
...you people pick some odd things to be angry about. Oh well. You do you guys
Cant we just be sensible people and not see the movie?
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
...you people pick some odd things to be angry about. Oh well. You do you guys
Well that's just the internet in a nutshell.
I think it's kind of weird that traditional animated films are being promoted by people other than Disney. Or at least, films aping the style of traditional animation.

You've got this, the MLP movie, and that Miles Morales Spider-Man film coming up.
Defcon7 said:
...Y’know maybe Darkseid is right. We should probably help him find that Anti-Life Equation now, huh?
Teen Titans Go IS the Anti-Life equation.
notanotheralias said:
Well that's just the internet in a nutshell.
True. I remember seeing people getting angry about fidget spinners and thinking "That's a werid thing to have strong opinions on"
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
True. I remember seeing people getting angry about fidget spinners and thinking "That's a werid thing to have strong opinions on"
I told a friend of mine that fidget spinners are the yo-yos of this generation and they got so pissed off LOL
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
TTG has always been a target of ire by fans of the old show who were mad that the new show is different. And then when it became the only show on Cartoon Network's lineup (seriously, scope the schedule some days), people who are fans of other Cartoon Network shows started hating on it too. The second group has a better reason to hate it than the first group, imo (and the show has pilloried the first group before in several different episodes).

Possibly too early to tell but the network seems to be, very slowly, turning around on some of their more odious policies (more show diversity, and they seem to have abandoned their policy of never showing reruns of old shows, as the original Teen Titans and original Ben 10 are both showing up now).
Ogodei-Khan said:
TTG has always been a target of ire by fans of the old show who were mad that the new show is different. And then when it became the only show on Cartoon Network's lineup (seriously, scope the schedule some days), people who are fans of other Cartoon Network shows started hating on it too. The second group has a better reason to hate it than the first group, imo (and the show has pilloried the first group before in several different episodes).

Possibly too early to tell but the network seems to be, very slowly, turning around on some of their more odious policies (more show diversity, and they seem to have abandoned their policy of never showing reruns of old shows, as the original Teen Titans and original Ben 10 are both showing up now).
To be fair, TTG does take every opportunity to rub salt in every possible wound.
This is just embarrassing. They need to let this travesty die, and bring back OG Teen Titans. The true Titans!
pokefannafekop said:
This is just embarrassing. They need to let this travesty die, and bring back OG Teen Titans. The true Titans!
Or just push Young Justice season 3 trough.
Ogodei-Khan said:

Hmm. Kinda feel like I barged into the discussion without knowing much about it now. Apologies ><

I stand by the fidget spinner comment though

geekgirl8 said:
I told a friend of mine that fidget spinners are the yo-yos of this generation and they got so pissed off LOL
You know I completely forgot about the brief yo-yo craze that spread around the UK when I was at primary school till now @_@
EdgeOfTheMoon said:
You know what's really weird is the internet LOVED fidget boxes. It's completely hypocritical to say "this one thing you fidget with is amazing, but this other thing you fidget with is literally satan's diarrhea discharge across the entire continent"
Fidget spinners are like Pogs...but not as cool
skullman2033 said:
Cant we just be sensible people and not see the movie?
^This.
Throwing this here because the idea of fidget spinners being a "fad" is a little off-putting to me.

Also, between this convo and someone who feels they're drifting away from the sci-fi fandom, I am marvelling about how so much of Western television is pretty much written for 14-year-old boys.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
Throwing this here because the idea of fidget spinners being a "fad" is a little off-putting to me.

Also, between this convo and someone who feels they're drifting away from the sci-fi fandom, I am marvelling about how so much of Western television is pretty much written for 14-year-old boys.
12 year old *girls, actually.
Okay, I know what my argument is for my position, I'd love to hear yours.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
Okay, I know what my argument is for my position, I'd love to hear yours.
It's mostly shows about things the 12 year old girls like. Cartoon Network only has TTG and SU (one shit and one alright, respectively), then you have Nick with Spongebob, and Disney with it's 12000 Princesses. Due to the 12000 Princesses, Disney makes the most things, and their main target audience with those Princesses is girls.
Anon_3.141 said:
It's mostly shows about things the 12 year old girls like. Cartoon Network only has TTG and SU (one shit and one alright, respectively), then you have Nick with Spongebob, and Disney with it's 12000 Princesses. Due to the 12000 Princesses, Disney makes the most things, and their main target audience with those Princesses is girls.
There's still a bias against female viewership because of outdated ideas among advertisers about who buys toys. Target audience for the big three children's networks (Disney, Nick, and CN) is still boys ages 6-12, basically the K-6 audience.
Anon_3.141 said:
In the interest of full disclosure, it had taken me a full 20-25 minutes after I had made my post and turned off my computer before I realized that you might've been still talking about just animation. Apologies if I came off sounding a little standoffish; I was just changing the topic to encompass all Western entertainment, cartoon and live-action (especially live-action). Even the stuff that isn't overtly marketed for 14-year-old boys is for 14-year-old boys when you think about it.

Though if we want to be honest (and I won't disagree if you call this moving the proverbial goalposts) when I was a 14-year-old boy and I wanted plot, I went to the shoujo stuff, so there's that. Also, the whole coding of feelings as female is a whole different discussion.

Another discussion is my working and likely historically true theory that most "big" fans of animation/SF are female.
This isn’t real. Please tell me I’m just seeing things.
Blaster1228 said:
This isn’t real. Please tell me I’m just seeing things.
Sadly, you are not just seeing things. This is real.
Anon_3.141 said:
Sadly, you are not just seeing things. This is real.
But how can it be real if our eyes aren't real.
Imasuky said:
But how can it be real if our eyes aren't real.
That's a whole different debate, mi amigo.
Anon_3.141 said:
That's a whole different debate, mi amigo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8XAI9FJai8

Jaden Smith got an anime.

Teen Titans Go is getting a moive.

Nothing is real.
Okay, there's too many comments for me to pick any kind of specific responses.

Anyhoo, StepfordCrimson, just consider that TTG! keeps all the original voice actiors in work. And maybe, just maybe, keeps the original show alive in the mind of execs. Perhaps, when they think the current audience has finally grown up, they'll re-air the old one.

As to CN's other shows, I'm in the UK and they're pushing OK K.O. to the moon after its recently debuted, tho I honestly think it smells a bit of the random from the bit I watched. Other than its TTG, Gumball, and Regular Show. (Ninjago and Adventure Time on hiatus for now)