What's your fallback game?
When you're stumped, and you're not sure what else to play, but you really want to sink your teeth into something for a while. Because of this you tend to play them at least once a year.

For me it's InFAMOUS and Brutal Legend.
Well, Brutal Legend is one for me too, but there's also Oblivion, Dark Souls 1...

And Huniepop... Judge me.
Tetris hell it's my main game.
Hexcells Infinite is my go-to for now.
Stardew Valley, to name one of them at least
For a second there, I thought this was asking for the fallback plan when the world goes to shit. I was going to mention the fat man portable nuke in my backyard, which might be needed soon, given how the world is going. Then I read the actual post, and it wasn't about the fallback plan, but the "Nothing else to play, this is what I play" game, which for me is Terraria.
Any Monster Hunter game makes for an awesome fallback, along with Binding of Isaac.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my primary one.
Kingdom Hearts (the series) and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Personally speaking, the latter is underrated.
Lately I've been playing lots of Puyo Puyo, and other puzzle games.
Pinkanator said:
When you're stumped, and you're not sure what else to play, but you really want to sink your teeth into something for a while. Because of this you tend to play them at least once a year.

For me it's InFAMOUS and Brutal Legend.
Motherfukin INfamous, hell yeah! Love that game and it's sequel. I never got the festival of blood and First light dlc for the other games though... wonder if they're worth it...?

Another game(s) that I fall back on is the Arkham series, which I'm playing again currently. I just think it goes well with the fall mood.
Wolfenstein The New Order is great for that itch. I also usually play the later two Max Payne games every year, something I have not done recently but just might have to remedy. Heh, pun.
averageguy17 said:
Motherfukin INfamous, hell yeah! Love that game and it's sequel. I never got the festival of blood and First light dlc for the other games though... wonder if they're worth it...?

Another game(s) that I fall back on is the Arkham series, which I'm playing again currently. I just think it goes well with the fall mood.
Festival of Blood was £2 today on sale so i picked that up. I'll let you know. Own First Light, never played it. Not a fan of Second Son for reasons you've probably heard before. Might try it.
Splatoon since 2015. Smash Bros before that.
I pretty much play Dark Souls 1 till I get the Lord vessel then start a new character again. It's gotten to the point where I've played that part of the game so much that I can play it on autopilot while doing something else.
I'm a big sucker for RPGs so I always play Skyrim if I don't know what else to play, never finished it... yet
I have so many D:
Oblivion
Spyro 2
Dark Souls
Halo 3
Gears of War
Crash Team Racing
Smite

All of these are games I can play in the worst of times or the bored-est (it's a word! Okay I made it up. Don't judge me. You're not my real dad!) of times and they still bring me joy or at the very least something to occupy my mind so it doesn't wander to shitty feelings or existential dread.

Edit: I totally forgot SWBF2, "Skate.", and Starcraft 2
Mine mostly consist of SNES or N64 games. Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Kirby Super Star, Wild Guns, BattleTanx, Wave Race 64, Bomberman 64, Body Harvest, Perfect Dark

But for more modern games I got stuff like Devil May Cry 3 and 4, Dynasty Warriors, Bayonetta, Saints Row, Sunset Overdrive, MadWorld, Super Smash Bros, Overwatch, Persona 4 and 5 and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Tetris. But if you put me in front of Blocks That Matter or Tricky Towers or any other game with tetrominos, I'll play it.

SlyJMan said:
Kingdom Hearts (the series) and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Personally speaking, the latter is underrated.
https://imgur.com/22xSOt1.jpg
Skyrim, Final Fantasy 8 or 10, and any game in the Sly Cooper series.
final fantasy tactics advance for me
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'll never get tired of playing that one.
I always go back to Shining Force, without fail. Others include every Pokemon game, Megaman Battle Network 2, and Blood Omen 2.
Well, I'm usually in the process of playing through several games at the same time, so I just kinda bob between them. Like at the moment its Danganronpa V3, New Mystery of the Emblem and Persona 4.
Mine used to be Ultimate Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank. These days I follow JksAccount's formula and wander from game to game. Right now it's Horizon Zero Dawn and Pokemon Soul Silver.
HM2, Isaac, Wolfenstein TOB (would be New Order but New Order doesn't have an easy-to-enter challenge mode that you can just play with no cutscenes), MKX, sometimes Doom 1 or 2, TF2, Overwatch...
KimeraUltimate said:
Stardew Valley, to name one of them at least
Oh goodness me too! It's so relaxing and immersive. You can grind or go for the story, fight or farm, anything you want and all set to beautiful music ^^

On a uhm... different note, I cannot get out of World of Warcraft for forever, no matter how hard I try I always find my way back there in the end. Longest I've gone without since I stopped playing is maybe 6 months? It's got the nostalgia, man.
Fallout New Vegas. Although since I’ve lost the means to play NV now, Gundam Breaker 3 is taking its place.
Defcon7 said:
Fallout New Vegas. Although since I’ve lost the means to play NV now, Gundam Breaker 3 is taking its place.
Yay, someone else that plays Gundam Breaker 3.
Mindwipe said:
Yay, someone else that plays Gundam Breaker 3.
YEEEE! I gotta show u one of my suits somehow. Is GB3 your fallback??
Defcon7 said:
YEEEE! I gotta show u one of my suits somehow. Is GB3 your fallback??
I actually haven't played it in a while, but I was glued to it (ha...glued...gunpla...) for quite a long time. First time I ever downloaded a foreign region game. And sure, show me one of your Gunpla. I'll take some screens of my main one too.