This topic is locked.

Defcon7 said:
This is a guess as to why they’re missing. If I’m right, and knowing EA I might be, I can say I saw it coming from light years away:

A fucking Full Priced Clone Wars expansion.

They know we want it. So I bet they’re gonna try and milk as much money from us as possible for it. Greedy fuckers....
Sigh...

They have said from the beginning that any and all dlc will be free there will be now paid for expansions. This is the main thing that lead to the microtransactions. They have to fund hat somehow. It's either that or a season pass. So no if they do add more heroes and cosmetics...which they are, there's data of it in the game, especially after this new expansion coming out, they'll be here. So if you want to see them then hopfully other people who are playing the game also want them too so they will be added.
mariosonicfan said:
Sigh...

They have said from the beginning that any and all dlc will be free there will be now paid for expansions. This is the main thing that lead to the microtransactions. They have to fund hat somehow.
Titanfall 2 released free content for years and never had microtransactions. Don't buy into the "video games are too expensive to make" myth.
I don't know about that...considering the first Destiny cost like what 500 million dollars? Not to mention most movies nowadays cost around 200 million to make....I would think Games are pretty damn expensive. Especially these current gen games that add all the ridiculous bells and whistles not to mention also the insane amount of detail put into this game.
mariosonicfan said:
I don't know about that...considering the first Destiny cost like what 500 million dollars? Not to mention most movies nowadays cost around 200 million to make....I would think Games are pretty damn expensive. Especially these current gen games that add all the ridiculous bells and whistles not to mention also the insane amount of detail put into this game.
Destiny also had an absolutely insane advertising campaign and blew a huge chunk of money hiring a famous actor who phoned-in all his lines and ended up getting patched out of the game anyway. There are plenty of ways they could have saved costs if they were more interested in saving money than making all the money.
mariosonicfan said:
Destiny 1 cost 140m to make and the same amount was spent on advertisements. That said, Witcher 3 did cost only 46m with a 35m advertisement campaign.

If games become to expensive to make, then the studios have to simply spend less. There's no rule that you need to make a big game and sell it for 60-70$, you could always make more smaller games that can be enjoyed. Also a lot goes into Multiplayer infrastructur, so you could look at single player more. Then there is coop. Do they even do coop these days anymore? Nope, most of them do not. These games are pretty rare, at least when it comes to AAA releases.

Mindwipe said:
Titanfall 2 released free content for years and never had microtransactions. Don't buy into the "video games are too expensive to make" myth.
Exactly. There are more examples like most Blizzard Games are playable to this day online and even received patches 10 or more years later. Then there are good free games like Path of Exile or Warframe, which can be played completely without spending any money. Triple A does not guarantee a good game, it does guarantee you a good looking game most of the time, but that won't keep you remembering it 10 years down the line.
HypnoMangaEditor said:
[...] Then there is coop. Do they even do coop these days anymore? Nope, most of them do not. These games are pretty rare, at least when it comes to AAA releases.
[...]
The only AAA games, as far as I'm aware, that still do local Co-op are the CoD games...
Anon_3.141 said:
The only AAA games, as far as I'm aware, that still do local Co-op are the CoD games...
It doesn't even need to be Local. It doesn't even need to be a separate campaign, just let us play the main story with friends. Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 did this for example and it is a great addition! From Trailers I remember a game called "A way Out." Seems to have coop that really counts.
So, I'm hearing rumors that the exclusivity contract is up for "renegotiation." Also, that some guy heard Bob Iger screaming through the walls while on a conference call with EA.
Observer_Lawrence said:
So, I'm hearing rumors that the exclusivity contract is up for "renegotiation." Also, that some guy heard Bob Iger screaming through the walls while on a conference call with EA.
I pray to the forces that be that this rumor is true. Especially the screaming through the wall part.
I'm not surprised Bob Iger himself is pissed; getting the franchise associated (accurately or not) with promoting gambling to children could be a serious dint in the franchise right in the middle of a renaissance of its commercial value, and is something that needed to be fixed. My guess is that we're in for a grade-A "I HAVE CHANGED THE DEAL, PRAY I DON'T ALTER IT FURTHER" situation on that front.

I wouldn't suggest getting into Galaxy of Heroes too much - it could be going the way of Marvel Heroes...
Nightington said:
I'm not surprised Bob Iger himself is pissed; getting the franchise associated (accurately or not) with promoting gambling to children could be a serious dint in the franchise right in the middle of a renaissance of its commercial value, and is something that needed to be fixed. My guess is that we're in for a grade-A "I HAVE CHANGED THE DEAL, PRAY I DON'T ALTER IT FURTHER" situation on that front.

I wouldn't suggest getting into Galaxy of Heroes too much - it could be going the way of Marvel Heroes...
Only GoH might deserve it.
But what a Christmas present it would be, to see the Satan of the videogame industry get bitchslapped by the Mouse.
Observer_Lawrence said:
Only GoH might deserve it.
But what a Christmas present it would be, to see the Satan of the videogame industry get bitchslapped by the Mouse.
I've been hearing that the sales numbers came out and on the physical side of things they lost a lot of money.
Argonis said:
I've been hearing that the sales numbers came out and on the physical side of things they lost a lot of money.
Under 900 THOUSAND in the first month since release. Nine hundred THOUSAND. For a AAA game. In the first month it didn't even break 1 million.

That's sad
Gosh I wonder why that is? Maybe because of the nonstop barrage of negative press of people saying DONT FUCKING BUY THIS GAME BECUASE EA SUCKS.

Another thing about it, I love how now people are like "Ugh so what are we just not going to get that dlc we were promised? Seriously fuck ea!" If I was EA I wouldn't make any more dlc, seriously there no season pass so they have no income to fund it so what would be the point if all everyone is going to do is bad mouth it why would they? But I love how the people who are the reason it's not doing well are the ones who are now expecting something else out of it.

I know I'll be happy if they make more dlc for it, because I've actually been enjoying playing it.

And all these companies jumping on the hate train like seriously they should be the ones to talk. You're just talking sgt because nobody really called you out on yours. I can't wait until capcom decides to say some shit. So I can be like oh really capcom? And your charging what is it? Like $60 for alternate costumes and then 40 bucks for character in MVC infinite is okay? Or the fact that you relaxed street fighter 5 in the state it was and are shilling out dlc for that game as well? As in 30-40 bucks per season pass, that doesn't include alternate costumes? Yeah no that's fine.

Or of Square epic says something I can be like oh hey guys you should talk at least they can release a new game inside of a decade.

It's just more crap piled on more crap but you know what? In like 3 months this is all just going to disappear and nobody will even be thinking about it any more.
mariosonicfan said:
Gosh I wonder why that is? Maybe because of the nonstop barrage of negative press of people saying DONT FUCKING BUY THIS GAME BECUASE EA SUCKS.
Its the will of the people that dictate if a game does well,
if people like it the game wouldn't have gotten suck backlash.
mariosonicfan said:
Another thing about it, I love how now people are like "Ugh so what are we just not going to get that dlc we were promised? Seriously fuck ea!" If I was EA I wouldn't make any more dlc, seriously there no season pass so they have no income to fund it so what would be the point if all everyone is going to do is bad mouth it why would they? But I love how the people who are the reason it's not doing well are the ones who are now expecting something else out of it.
I don't know about the people expecting it but i was lead to believe for games like these they make all the dlc long before the game even comes out so the whole they need micros to fund the dlc seems kinds weird.
mariosonicfan said:
And all these companies jumping on the hate train like seriously they should be the ones to talk. You're just talking sgt because nobody really called you out on yours. I can't wait until capcom decides to say some shit. So I can be like oh really capcom? And your charging what is it? Like $60 for alternate costumes and then 40 bucks for character in MVC infinite is okay? Or the fact that you relaxed street fighter 5 in the state it was and are shilling out dlc for that game as well? As in 30-40 bucks per season pass, that doesn't include alternate costumes? Yeah no that's fine.
Well when your a company that's made single player games and another company says people don't like them anymore and your left going "our sales figures says otherwise.

mariosonicfan said:
It's just more crap piled on more crap but you know what? In like 3 months this is all just going to disappear and nobody will even be thinking about it any more.
Well that's how news goes more stuff happens nothings forever so you gotta expect different stuff to happen i mean heck recently destiny 2 is starting to get into some hot water.
mariosonicfan said:
You seem upset that people are voting with their wallets for once. I'm not sure why, since EA is hardly some poor, mismaligned second-stringer just trying to make ends meet. If this is a Christmas tale of change and comeuppance, EA is Ebeneezer Scrooge, not Bob Cratchit.
mariosonicfan said:
I know I'll be happy if they make more dlc for it, because I've actually been enjoying playing it.
Good for you
So does EA pay you by the hour to shill or is it just a flat salary?

"It's so unfair! People aren't buying EA games and are making fun of them! Why can't they just rip off gamers in peace and make bank like usual?!?"

LOL it's called consumer backlash. When you screw over your customers don't be surprised when they kick you in the nuts.
Observer_Lawrence said:
You seem upset that people are voting with their wallets for once. I'm not sure why, since EA is hardly some poor, mismaligned second-stringer just trying to make ends meet. If this is a Christmas tale of change and comeuppance, EA is Ebeneezer Scrooge, not Bob Cratchit.
Exactly!
EA 'needing' money for DLCs? What next? Bill Gates needing welfare?
EA has more than enough money, they only need to invest some into their games.

mariosonicfan said:

So you're ranting about people that didn't mindlessly buy a game they expected to be different or even better than their first Battlefront?
'Oh how could they...Why couldn't they just buy for the simple fact some online random believes EA would need the funding for DLCs?'
Probably because at least this once people used their brains and didn't just buy something because it has 'STAR WARS' written on it.
Nice for you if you enjoy it but don't blame people for not buying everything the moment EA throws it on the market .
Ok so please explain how it is a bad. Anybody give me some good reasons that this game is a terrible game. And you can't just say oh becuase microtransactions are bad. Any reasons other than that that this game is fucking terrible?
mariosonicfan said:
Ok so please explain how it is a bad. Anybody give me some good reasons that this game is a terrible game. And you can't just say oh becuase microtransactions are bad. Any reasons other than that that this game is fucking terrible?
actually, u can just say because the microtransactions are bad, because the entire gameplay engine and longevity of the game was built around them, so their a substantial part of it.

but all the same, its easy to play this game by ur ridiculous rules, too:

the story, which is the most important part of any video game, is predictable, badly paced to the point that its meandering, less morally complex and thought provoking then most episodes of my little pony, and has a complete lack of ability to emotionaly invest the player

also the starship battles r tediously repetitive, there was more versatility of objectives and combat in tie fighter game from the 90s

the gameplay isnt significantly developed from the original, nor is it noticeably diffferent from most other fps games out right now, so ur basicaly paying $80 even before microtransaction bs for a coat of star wars paint on a game u've already played and own. u coudl use that money toward actualy good games that arent just clones.
Yumberduddle said:
[...]
the story [...] is [...] less morally complex [...] th[a]n most episodes of my little pony, [...]
There's something that's less morally complex than MLP? Wow... That's a real burn on Star Wars Battlefront 4 (Again, there was already a Star Wars Battlefront 2. I will always see the actual Battlefront 2 as THE Battlefront 2, and this mockery as Battlefront 4.).
Yumberduddle said:
actually, u can just say because the microtransactions are bad, because the entire gameplay engine and longevity of the game was built around them, so their a substantial part of it.

but all the same, its easy to play this game by ur ridiculous rules, too:

the story, which is the most important part of any video game, is predictable, badly paced to the point that its meandering, less morally complex and thought provoking then most episodes of my little pony, and has a complete lack of ability to emotionaly invest the player

also the starship battles r tediously repetitive, there was more versatility of objectives and combat in tie fighter game from the 90s

the gameplay isnt significantly developed from the original, nor is it noticeably diffferent from most other fps games out right now, so ur basicaly paying $80 even before microtransaction bs for a coat of star wars paint on a game u've already played and own. u coudl use that money toward actualy good games that arent just clones.
Ah ok so we are comparing one game mode, namely the starfighter battles to an older game that was literally built around that? Whereas here it is one peice? Yes sure ok.

Second of all the story, it's a Star Wars story, literally every single one of them is built around some kind of redemption, I mean really you expected them to do something fully from the perspective of the bad guys? Even if it's written by the guy who wrote Spec ops the line, seriously what did you expect? I seriously think in like the whole canon of Star Wars games Tie fighter is the only game where you play as the bad guys through the whole game. I don't know about you but being forced to play as the space nazis with no other options seems kinda like I'm just doing t to kill some rebels becuase fuck the heroes. And as for her motivation to change sides, up until that point the empire had given her no reason to doubt Exocet now oh look at that Palpatine decided to basically kill everybody. She saw that was wrong and you know tried to stop it. As opposed to her being like, "Oh the emperor just ordered me to murder an entire planet totally loyal to the empire for no reason, meh whatever they probably deserved it I guess. Better just follow orders and keep maintaining peace and order in the Galaxy."

It isn't significantly developed from the first game? So the fact it has more maps, different balanced weapons, all three eras, several new heroes, several new vehicles, and the removal of the stupid power up things that spawn on the map, not to mention all that stuff is based around you doing well in the fight, or how the starfighter maps now have objectives and such and aren't just ok everybody fly around in this one spot and wait till somebody wins, yeah no it's basically the first game.

And you don't have to buy the 80 dollar version, no one said you did, you can just as easily buy the 60 dollar version. And no different from other shooters out there? So the ability to switch to third person, or the fact that it's you know Star Wars doesn't make it different? Ok so you know you could basically say that about every shooter right? It's either, "it's just halo with a different coat of paint," or "it's just call of duty with a different coat of paint," I mean... yeah that's pretty much every shooter. It's a shooter, you shoot guns at other people until they die or you do, that what they are.
^what yumberduddle said plus at this point it didn't help that EA took the usage statistics from the first game and specifically locked the popular and most played heroes behing the paywall like showing their players the middlefinger saying 'Oh you want your hero who was free in Battlefront 3? How cute.....PAY for it!'.
but hey...EA kept giving....when the first complaints arised for heroes being to expensive to grind for and it feeling like forcing you to buy them directly with real money...they could've shown some heart and prevent the big shitstorm they summoned themselves afterwards by simply lowering the price for the heroes....but EA being EA didn't do shit and got what they deserved.
If you hide essential parts of the game behind lootboxes in a FULL priced game don't expect people to buy it, if Battlefront 4 would've been free to play...ok I might've given it a try...but cashgrabing for full price and lootboxes is too much!
For the stardighter game...who said you can't include a better version of an old game in a new game? Isn't that the point of this 'new' series of Battlefronts? Being a 'better' 'improved' version of the older ones?
If not why bothering with the name 'Battlefront' if they could've used 'Battlefield: Star Wars' instead?
And don't come with the 'but ea neds da maney for dlcs bruh D:' if you reaally believe that part you're probably not old enough for the hub.
On the subject of the heroes, yes they were expensive, the a s soon as people started pointing that out guess what, they lowered the price, I had all of them unlocked within a day of playing. They were never available for real money at any point. You had to actually play the game to unlock them. The heroes being locked tied in with the revamped heroes vs. villains mode, whereas the locked heroes had higher more effective abilities than the default heroes. The heroes are not essential parts of the game, they are a fun mode to go into once you've actually shot enough dudes to give you something else to do. Just like they always were in the old games. Hell in the original game you couldn't even actually play as them, they were just invincible murder machines that destroyed the other team.

As for the star fighter, once again. Tie fighter and x-wing and let throw in the rogue squadron games as well, were games completely built around the flyingso yes they are better. But the thing is that they are the only parts of their game. As in the entire development went into just that. You must not remember how basic and simple the flying was in the first battlefront or the second one. And all you did in the second one I terms of objectives was get in a ship and fly to the enemy ship two feet away and blow up random parts and that helped you win sometimes.

Also as having played the battlefield games and hating them I can tell you this game is not like battlefield, it is one hundred times more accessible and more fun.

And I mean what do you think developers just do a job? No they don't whenever a new game gets made they expect to get paid for it. They don't just say oh look we work for EA guess they'll just magic the money from somewhere. That's not how Development works.
mariosonicfan said:
Ah ok so we are comparing one game mode, namely the starfighter battles to an older game that was literally built around that? Whereas here it is one peice? Yes sure ok.
oh okay so if its only a piece of the game then it completel gets a free pass and doesnt count. see, that makes sense, cuz when i go out to eat and order a hamburger with a side of fries, and they serve me a hamburger with a side of fries that r still frozen, i dont complain at all because those r only part of the meal, and from a restaurant that makes more then just fries alone, so i cant expect to get what i paid for.

Second of all the story, it's a Star Wars story, literally every single one of them is built around some kind of redemption, I mean really you expected them to do something fully from the perspective of the bad guys?
that has 0% to do with my complaints. u can pull off redemption stories in a way thats actually good, paced correctly, and not completely predictable in every single part. just because theres nothing new under the sun doesnt mean u cant make a good story out of it if u actually put some effort into it

Even if it's written by the guy who wrote Spec ops the line, seriously what did you expect?
oh okay i see, so incompetent writing doesnt count as a flaw if its in a game thats part of a certain franchise. that makes sense, because when i go to dominos, i expect the cheese not to be moldy, but when i go to papa johns,* its totes okay if the cheese is moldy, because their a different franchise then dominos

• this is just used as an example, like any rational human being i dont go to papa johns
I seriously think in like the whole canon of Star Wars games Tie fighter is the only game where you play as the bad guys through the whole game. I don't know about you but being forced to play as the space nazis with no other options seems kinda like I'm just doing t to kill some rebels becuase fuck the heroes. And as for her motivation to change sides, up until that point the empire had given her no reason to doubt Exocet now oh look at that Palpatine decided to basically kill everybody. She saw that was wrong and you know tried to stop it. As opposed to her being like, "Oh the emperor just ordered me to murder an entire planet totally loyal to the empire for no reason, meh whatever they probably deserved it I guess. Better just follow orders and keep maintaining peace and order in the Galaxy."
its so cute how u keep trying to pretend that any part of my complaint was about a redemption story and not being able to play as the bad guys. its like u actually think ppl r gonna fall for the misdirection. keep it up champ, im sure the scroll button on *someones* mouse is broken so they wont be able to just look at what i actually said.

It isn't significantly developed from the first game? So the fact it has more maps, different balanced weapons, all three eras, several new heroes, several new vehicles, and the removal of the stupid power up things that spawn on the map, not to mention all that stuff is based around you doing well in the fight, or how the starfighter maps now have objectives and such and aren't just ok everybody fly around in this one spot and wait till somebody wins, yeah no it's basically the first game.
its funny, but every time overwatch adds a map, rebalances damage output, and adds a new character, i dont hear many ppl exclaiming how its so new and different that its like playing a whole new game. and ooooh, new starfighter objectives! ea's getting closer to catching up to the level of scripting technology that the ancients of the early 90s had unlocked!

And you don't have to buy the 80 dollar version, no one said you did, you can just as easily buy the 60 dollar version.
oh of course! ur right! how coudl i be so silly? i could pay $60 for a bad clone of countless other games instead of 80! that makes a huge, huge difference; u just cant expect enjoyment for a mere $60.

And no different from other shooters out there? So the ability to switch to third person,
i like that this is the first, best example u can think of to separate this game from any other fps. "u get the choice of whether the camera is a few feet away or not! TRUE INNOVATION!"

also its still not innovation, fallout been doing that for years, hell u coudl do that in unreal tournament 2004 lol!

or the fact that it's you know Star Wars
original star wars battlefront
dark forces
shadows of the empire
star wars paint job mod in other fps games

doesn't make it different? Ok so you know you could basically say that about every shooter right? It's either, "it's just halo with a different coat of paint," or "it's just call of duty with a different coat of paint," I mean... yeah that's pretty much every shooter. It's a shooter, you shoot guns at other people until they die or you do, that what they are.
i think theres more then 2 kinds of shooters out there, but if thats how u view the fps genre, then its even sillier to keep spending money to play the same 2 games over and over.
I love how people keep using overwatch as an example, a 60 dollar multiplayer mode with like 3 different game modes.

I don't even know what the fuck I got back into this for. Fine it's a shit game, made by a shot company. Hope you guys are happy. You slayed the beast. Happy days! I'm going to go back to enjoying this site for what it's for, hypno porn.
mariosonicfan said:
I love how people keep using overwatch as an example, a 60 dollar multiplayer mode with like 3 different game modes.
o okay, then let me rephrase:

me said:
its funny, but every time MASS EFFECT 3 added a map, added new weapons, and added a new character, i didnt hear many ppl exclaiming how it was so new and different that it was like playing a whole new game.
there we go

back to mariosonicfan:
Fine it's a shit game, made by a shot company.
si

Hope you guys are happy.
the whole point of this topic is that were not happy, actually, and restating basic facts about the game's shortcomings doesnt change that fact whether or not u run out of misdirecting/wrong arguments or not. this is about the game being shitty, not u. maybe dont take ppl's recognition of ea's complete failur so personal.
Yumberduddle said:
the whole point of this topic is that were not happy, actually, and restating basic facts about the game's shortcomings doesnt change that fact whether or not u run out of misdirecting/wrong arguments or not. this is about the game being shitty, not u. maybe dont take ppl's recognition of ea's complete failur so personal.
...he's probably pissed because somehow because not everyone instantly bought Battlefront 4 he can't enjoy it the way he wants to as he described it in his first posts, whatever he means by that as it some players not buying it shouldn't hinder him from playing.

mariosonicfan said:
whereas the locked heroes had higher more effective abilities than the default heroes.
I like how you especially point out the unlockable heroes are more powerfull than the standard ones....You do read your own arguments aren't you?

But anyhow...if you don't want to argue with some real points then you don't have any reason to be here at all because that's the point of this whole thread and considering your previous opinions you're the kind of cow EA likes to milk so go on an buy every new game they'll make in the next years but don't blame people for not jumping from the building like you did as if it was some sort of agreement!
This thread became a flamewar long ago. I seriously suggest it be locked.