This topic is locked.

VK said:
As Astral above said, it **is** a slur. Some people just really do not want to be associated with that sort of thing. I myself am fully female, but I find it unpleasant due to having many trans friends that would be hurt by the word. So if I draw a character that is transgender, the issue is, I will **not** let them be marked as 'trap', 'futa', etc if that is not what they are.
Hello Strawman, nice to see ya.

No one is fucking tagging trans characters as Traps or Futas.
VK said:
So if I draw a character that is transgender, the issue is, I will **not** let them be marked as 'trap', 'futa', etc if that is not what they are.
they would not be considered a trap then as that is not what you drew.
EoD said:

And thus, responses like these highlight another reason I am DNP. This community can be truly.. something.. sometimes.. :/
EoD said:

sorry EOD but i had to edit your post for that last sentence.
VK said:
And thus, responses like these highlight another reason I am DNP. This community can be truly aids sometimes.
Pointing out that you're strawmanning is the reason you're DNP?

You're hopeless.
VK said:
And thus, responses like these highlight another reason I am DNP. This community can be truly aids sometimes.
And yet this is probably one of the nicest communities I've seen.
People haven't pointed out flaws in your argument.

But you've yet to give a reasonable arguement.

If you don't to be part of it, fine.

(Also, I guess my whole post from before was ignored.
EoD said:
Pointing out that you're strawmanning is the reason you're DNP?

You're hopeless.
No. Your aggression and outright resorting to name-calling and mudslinging. I mean what is that? Do you need a hug, dear?
no fighting people.
Argonis said:
no fighting people.
Thaaat is okay. I think I am just going to take my leave. A little of this place goes a long way given the pointless aggression and anger.
VK said:
No. Your aggression and outright resorting to name-calling and mudslinging. I mean what is that? Do you need a hug, dear?
Please, stop being offended FOR people.
Astral said:
"Traps" don't exist and the tag should be retired. "Crossdressing" tag is sufficient in the same way that, say, we don't have "lime_eyes" and "jade_eyes," just "green_eyes".
Trap refers to crossdressing with a specific intent. You can think of it as a subcategory, as all traps are crossdressers but not all crossdressers are traps. In much the same way, all 'heart_eyes' are 'symbol_in_eyes', but the reverse is not necessarily true. Those that are looking for the subclass may not be looking for the superclass.

Saying 'trap doesn't refer to real people' disappears the very real history of queer panic being used as a defense for murder. It isn't even an 'anime archetype,' it's a 4chan meme.
Queer panic is irrelevant to this discussion and the only reason I can see it being brought up is for a cheap emotional response meant to bully an entire site into compliance with the desires of a small group. Perhaps that is not your intent, but to deliberately compare a tag on a fetish site with murder is outrageous emotional manipulation.

If you absolutely must, use otokonoko, which doesn't associate itself with deception or stigma.
The deception is the point. The intent being the reveal for often humorous purposes. If you are not attempting to deceive, you are not a trap. Or to say it another way, if you do not identify as a trap, you are not one. Deception need not be negative or stigmatized, though I can hardly say I've seen a stigma among those that enjoy it.

Is empathy really at this much of a premium here?
I could ask you the same. Your point of view is not the only one it is possible to have, after all. Nor have you perhaps considered that some may have a kink for and be attracted to the specific trap deception. From what I understand, the things that you view as negative stigma are in fact part of the appeal for those that enjoy the niche. Given we're talking about 4chan memes, maybe the phrase "the dick only makes it better!" will be familiar.

I would add: "it's used everywhere" is no defense. I can think of plenty of words that were once "used everywhere" that we now overwhelmingly agree are not acceptable discourse.
Queer used to be one of those retired words that was considered unacceptable, but low and behold several communities have taken it back and now it's acceptable again. Even celebrated. Words have the meanings people give them, and no more than that. "Trap" is only as negative/stigmatized as the community wants it to be, and in the case of HypnoHub that is very little, especially given the consistent popularity of Frisk's Hypnotic Adventures.

How's this for a defense: People like it.
EoD said:
Please, stop being offended FOR people.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. EOD

Traps aren't Trans.
The term Trap isn't used to refer people who are transgender, and it's definitively not used when describing people in the real world. Because the term trap is often associated with the whole japanese anime stereotype.

Heck, it's arguable to say it might be more offensive to japan if it was to begin with.
Kachopper9 said:
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. EOD

Traps aren't Trans.
The term Trap isn't used to refer people who are transgender, and it's definitively not used when describing people in the real world.
As I mentioned earlier, my SO is Trans. They outrate HATE when people get offended *for* them.
I'm trans and I prefer the word trap. People get offended over stupid things when there are a lot of bigger issues we should be tackling as a (lgbt+) community, instead of focusing on the little issues that only divide us. :/
Auri said:
I'm trans and I prefer the word trap. People get offended over stupid things when there are a lot of bigger issues we should be tackling as a (lgbt+) community, instead of focusing on the little issues that only divide us. :/
Gotta love how they have no response to this. Just shows they were trying to stir things up to get their way. Thanks for the input Auri.
EoD said:
Gotta love how they have no response to this. Just shows they were trying to stir things up to get their way. Thanks for the input Auri.
They had said they were going to leave.
EoD said:
It's just frustrating, it makes me feel like... you have to fit into a little box that everyone agrees with and I always felt like lgbt+ should be about our power to choose and not be boxed in by society. Idk, it's 3am here and I'm just frustrated by the constant negativity in the community, let us choose to identify how we want to, not how you want us to.
I'm in touch with skye and that isn't why she left, so the whole fuss is kinda' besides the point.
Pastel-Daemon said:
I'm in touch with skye and that isn't why she left, so the whole fuss is kinda' besides the point.

AMAZING

No, not kidding, I genuinely laughed
Pastel-Daemon said:
You're kidding me that is the info
Pastel-Daemon said:
You're kidding me! that is the info that we were given from skye that started this whole thing and now that's not what skye left?
Ok i'm locking this thread i wanna get to the bottom of this pronto.