Calling all Monster Hunters of the New World! (Monster Hunter World thread)
Calling all Monster Hunters!

I gather you here for the ultimate team up of the finest slayers that HypnoHub has ever seen! Here put down what platform you play on, your name for both your PSN/Xbox Live ID and your hunter name, as well as your Squad Name, so we can band together and purge the New World of these mighty beasts! And feel free to share any other info you got for other players like tips or strategies, or just get something off your chest~

I myself play on PSN so here's my account info

PSN: Drundertaker64
Hunter name: Crimson
Preferred weapon: Charge Blades, Long Blades

Squad name: Crim
Current members: Me and CorruptionPrincess

Good luck and happy hunting~ ;)
While I don't have it yet, apparently my roomies friend is gifting it to him soon, which technically means I will have it in a couple days. Anyway
Psn: Karenofthestars.
Preferred weapon: Hammer
'sall I got right now. Looking forward to playing with you guys
I wish I could join but I have to wait for the PC port cause no console and not buying one just for this.

Good hunting in the mean time
I think i'n gonna give it some time before i join in, partly cause i'm still learning the game and cause i wanna know how many more people on here actually wanna join.

I do wanna say that the gunlance and the hunting horn speaks to me.
I have never played MH before, but my psn name is too close to my real name so I'd rather not share it.

Sigh..., why won't you add the ability to change names Playstation?
Just picked it up today, looking forward to trying out my first monster hunter~
averageguy17 said:
I have never played MH before, but my psn name is too close to my real name so I'd rather not share it.

Sigh..., why won't you add the ability to change names Playstation?
When they add that ability (and I get the game) then maybe I can join...but for now, happy hunting guys.
It was so much fun hunting with your last night big sis

PSN : princessboots22
Hunter name Jaclyn
Palico name Milkshakes
Prefer weapons: switch axe, heavy pew pew, great sword
I won't be able to play online until February (so I can pay for PSN), but I'll post my info here anyway!

PSN: NuRhoSquared
Hunter name: NuRho
Preferred Weapon: Sword 'n Shield, (rarely) Hunting Horn.
Not sure if I'm willing to give out my PSN name to everyone on the site, but I'll say I'm enjoying the heck out of the game so far. My preferred weapons are the Insect Glaive and Switch Axe.

Also my Palico is Lolly from Animal Crossing.
Mindwipe said:
Not sure if I'm willing to give out my PSN name to everyone on the site, but I'll say I'm enjoying the heck out of the game so far. My preferred weapons are the Insect Glaive and Switch Axe.

Also my Palico is Lolly from Animal Crossing.
Yeah, I'd rather not throw out my tag as well. And I'm on Xbox anyways...

But this game is fucking fantastic. All about this GLORIOUS Bone Hammer.

Though I also like the Twin Swords.

Oh, and my Palico is named Reginald and wears a Crown. Accurate representation to how I really treat my pets IRL
Hey, new guy here. I can't join today but I'd be interested in joining tommorow if you guys will have me.

Long live the long sword.

Edit: Forgot this part.

PSN: malcomin

Hunter name: Jack
IttyBit said:
While I don't have it yet, apparently my roomies friend is gifting it to him soon, which technically means I will have it in a couple days. Anyway
Psn: Karenofthestars.
Preferred weapon: Hammer
'sall I got right now. Looking forward to playing with you guys
Oh I can only imagine Karen playing Monster Hunter. At the beginning of the game: "I will become ruler of this world! I will have an unlimited amount of monsters at my back, and they will help me take over the Hub!" Then just gets trampled by Anjanath
I'm getting it tomorrow! Can't wait to play.
I'd offer to play, but 1) I play at such random times, no one else would probably be on.

2) I suck horribly.
Here's some tips I've put together. Hope it helps.

1: Bomb pods are a great way to stagger a monster, so save them for when they're about to do a super attack to stop it.

2: For longsword users, try to get an attack out like the quick poke move if you see a monster telegraph an attack and then use foresight slash to get the spirit bar up. You can also help steer the direction for foresight with the analog stick. You can even foresight roars that'll stun you.

3: Also for longsword users, you can help guide helm breaker's direction by pushing triangle while in the air and moving the analog stick in the direction you want.

4: Once again for longsword users, sliding downhill can lead into a special attack with the spirit attack button, if this hits you'll get enough spirit bar to do a spirit slash once you hit the ground and increase your spirit level.

5: If you have an investigation for a monster you wish to hunt, it's generally better to do the investigation over the quest because you get more rewards. However, be cautious and read the details of the investigation carefully, because they can be a little different. For example one I saw was a rathalos hunt with a 15 minute time limit.

6: I don't remember if the game tells you this, but you can use the grappling hook on any yellow beetles you see hanging out above you. Just aim at with the slinger and press circle.

That's all I got for now. Let me know if this helped.
Here's so more useful tips that many of you probably already know, but maybe some of you don't.

• The slinger ammo that you can occasionally break off of monsters will do extra damage to them, and will cause them to stumble and cease fleeing if you hit them with it while they run away.
  • The Ghillie Mantle is extremely useful in a pinch. As soon as you put it on, you become invisible to monsters. You can use this to quickly hide if you need to drink a potion or sharpen your weapon. Just remember that it has a cooldown.
  • Stacking 3 pieces of armor that resist a certain status will make you immune to that status. For example, wearing 3 pieces with Poison Resistance will make you immune to poison.
  • For capture quests, you don't need to use tranq bombs or tranq ammo to succeed. The only requirement for success is that the monster be weak (limping), in a trap, and asleep at the same time. This means you can use any weapon or item that induces sleep, or even wait for the monster to return to its den and go to sleep, then place a trap right next to them to complete the quest.
  • Also for capture quests, you can give yourself some leeway by bringing your own shock trap and pitfall trap as well as taking the EZ shock trap the supply box provides you with, giving you 3 traps in your inventory.
  • On that note, any item with "EZ" in its name counts as a different item in your inventory than the normal version of that item. This essentially lets you carry more of that item in your inventory than you normally can.
  • You can open your map and press X on a campsite to fast travel there. Helpful if you need to go back for more supplies.
  • Speaking of, going into the tent at a campsite will let you access your item box and more.
That's all I have for the moment. If I think of more (and I'm sure there's much more) I'll post them here.
Most importantly

You can find a little mascot pig named poogie when you first enter HQ go right and you should find him. He is coot and is my piggy child >_<
I can only imagine with people like IttyBit being fellow monster hunters, some monster hunter hypno is gonna appear on this site anytime now.....and I don't know if I like or hate that idea