the new incredibles villain
theyre calling him the Screen Slaver, and he seems like he will be of great interest to the people here

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/incredibles-2-trailer-official-review-watch-full-release-date-uk-villain-a8302911.html
kingunkaged said:
theyre calling him the Screen Slaver, and he seems like he will be of great interest to the people here

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/incredibles-2-trailer-official-review-watch-full-release-date-uk-villain-a8302911.html
I'm conflicted...At least my head canon is in tact, but... Why not Mezmerella...?
wow that was fast! theyre already pushing that shit?
kingunkaged said:
wow that was fast! theyre already pushing that shit?
you can also find action figures and blind bag thingies too.
If this movie has no eye effects I'm putting it in the trash. I need my 3D hypno fix. But if it does maybe I'll do a nice big write up about it...hehe
I have this weird thing where it makes me uncomfortable when Hypno is used in a non-erotic/therapeutic fashion. It kinda creeps me out. Not sure how this’ll turn out, especially since my entire family has been anticipating this movie and none of them know about my fetish...
solddate said:
I'm conflicted...At least my head canon is in tact, but... Why not Mezmerella...?
The voice is modulated and I don't see Screen Slaver on the IMDB. So it's going to be a reveal. I'm assuming Bob Odenkirk's character.
Defcon7 said:
I have this weird thing where it makes me uncomfortable when Hypno is used in a non-erotic/therapeutic fashion. It kinda creeps me out. Not sure how this’ll turn out, especially since my entire family has been anticipating this movie and none of them know about my fetish...
Wasn't there a name for that? Like a scale? For when you encounter this stuff in the wild?
CosmoGreen said:
Wasn't there a name for that? Like a scale? For when you encounter this stuff in the wild?
Not that I remember...
Gotta pray that someone on the script writing team suggested some scenes of Mrs Incredible being hypnotized. Though realisitcally speaking the best we'll get is crowd shots of people being hypnotized.
Sleepyhead97 said:
Gotta pray that someone on the script writing team suggested some scenes of Mrs Incredible being hypnotized. Though realisitcally speaking the best we'll get is crowd shots of people being hypnotized.
dunno man violets whole angsty thing makes me think shes gonna have to save the fam at sum point (possibly from being mind controlled zombies? :))
My family knows about my fetish so it looks like I'll have to see this one alone...
morbidsanity_ said:
My family knows about my fetish so it looks like I'll have to see this one alone...
I imagine that’s not very fun...
Defcon7 said:
Something like Get Out must have terrified you then.
Defcon7 said:
I have this weird thing where it makes me uncomfortable when Hypno is used in a non-erotic/therapeutic fashion. It kinda creeps me out.
Ditto!
I love the Incredibles so much, but it pains me to admit that these trailers are getting me really un-hyped... =|
Sleepyhead97 said:
Just so you know

there's both an action figure set, and Lego set of Elastigirl and Screenslaver alone together.
bellchan said:
The voice is modulated and I don't see Screen Slaver on the IMDB. So it's going to be a reveal. I'm assuming Bob Odenkirk's character.
Oh, that much is obvious, my friend. (okay, maybe they won't do that, but c'mon...)

But I just meant why not have Mezmerella instead, both as tycoon investor and supervillain

Sleepyhead97 said:
Idk if we'll see it directly, but... I'm guessing that with the reveal of the villain (as the tycoon character, which again is a theory) we'll have hypnotized Elastigirl vs Her family (or Bob at least)

Black--Wave said:
Ditto!
I love the Incredibles so much, but it pains me to admit that these trailers are getting me really un-hyped... =|
For me, it's the fact that this isn't the story I wanted to see. I wanted things to have moved on in real time and have us primarily focusing on Violet and Dash, and bringing in Jack Jack
solddate said:
For me, it's the fact that this isn't the story I wanted to see. I wanted things to have moved on in real time and have us primarily focusing on Violet and Dash, and bringing in Jack Jack
Exactly. (Does Violet even have a line in the first trailer?) Picking up right at the end of the first movie after so much time has passed in real life is a big disappointment. And then the fact that the whole movie appears to be a stay-at-home-dad comedy just leaves me with nothing to be interested in. (Maybe that won't be what the movie actually is, but that seems to be what they're marketing it as.)
All I'm excited for is Frozone suiting up while his wife nags at him, cause that was the best part of the first film.

spoiler
someguy231 said:
All I'm excited for is Frozone suiting up while his wife nags at him, cause that was the best part of the first film.

spoiler
xD i liked that part.
Yeah it's funny, but the fact that they're so blatantly recycling it doesn't inspire confidence in me. X|
Black--Wave said:
Yeah it's funny, but the fact that they're so blatantly recycling it doesn't inspire confidence in me. X|
Silver lining though... It's definitely gonna kick me into going back to my Mez set, 'cos god damn it I'm not letting this slide.
Multiple Posters said:
Mezmerella
>>the comic series will never be finished
>>we will never know if Mez gets saved or remains a vegetable forever
>>we will never know what Xerek's evil plan was exactly
Black--Wave said:
https://youtu.be/6GBathdMJ3M
Maybe the Screenslaver is just a reworked Mez. For all we know it could be a girl under that weird looking helmet thing
I gotta say I never watched the first movie, but this got me interested. Maybe I'll give both a try.

Also...

Defcon7 said:
This sounds very similar to the problem I got or may even be the same. But I feel uncomfortable in general when someone's around during a "hypno scene" that pops up somewhere, be it them watching it or me. It's that feeling if someone could find out I have a thing for that, even though they'd never possibly find it out. Guess it's just my body/brain going into some kind of alert state, but as I said - same problem here :')
notanotheralias said:
>>the comic series will never be finished
>>we will never know if Mez gets saved or remains a vegetable forever
>>we will never know what Xerek's evil plan was exactly
Dude, thanks to this movie's setting, the comics might as well not exist continuity wise. So, why not just take the design and character, change it as needed and use it here?

Like for real, that's what I did... I have no idea what she actually did in the comic, I just know I love her design.

TheFinalAnubis said:
Maybe the Screenslaver is just a reworked Mez. For all we know it could be a girl under that weird looking helmet thing
We can hope... We can always hope... (until after we see it, of course)

_Chizuru94_ said:
I gotta say I never watched the first movie, but this got me interested. Maybe I'll give both a try.
I'd recommend it, first movie's my joint fav Pixar movie alongside WALL-E.
on the one hand, I dislike the incredibles

but I do like the rule34, especially Helen, so I guess there's that to look forward to
okay so i didn't stick around for the last few seconds of the trailer the first time i saw it, so i didn't see this lad, but wow i actually really like his design!
TheSpoon said:
okay so i didn't stick around for the last few seconds of the trailer the first time i saw it, so i didn't see this lad, but wow i actually really like his design!
Well thats just the helmet. The rest of the outfit, according to his POP figurine, is just a black hoodie and jeans