Allister said:
4 is great, if you want to build stuff. Actually even then making something with a solid roof and realistic electrical wiring is a pain.

4 has great power armor and the fusion cores aren't an issue if you know where to look. If you get the suit at the museum, there are three fusion cores relatively nearby that are rather easy to get to. Those will carry you pretty far and you'll run across more as you do missions.

Story wise... Okay my issue is even after you beat the game regardless of which faction you choose you have almost no power and you still have to do everything. This became really evident in Far Harbor where if you decide to tell the Institute about Acadia, you speak to some low level schlub and you have zero options to say "Look this is an experiment and I want it to continue to test how independent synths can be" and all the resulting drama.

The game gives you a taste of power, then railroads and sandboxes you to keep you from actually exercising much of it.
Kek railroad
ELDER SCROLLS 6! HELL YEAH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... I'm way too hyped .-.
Well uh, Sony you sure had... games?

At least we have slightly more context on Death Stranding?

EDIT: I now remember like 80% of this was pure gameplay, and now I feel like part of a problem.
Pinkanator said:

Did we or did they make it seem like that while actually taking away knowledge and understanding.
Sony's conference was pretty shitty this year ngl
Imasuky said:
Did we or did they make it seem like that while actually taking away knowledge and understanding.
...yes
Pinkanator said:

EDIT: I now remember like 80% of this was pure gameplay, and now I feel like part of a problem.
I'm perfectly fine with showing off gameplay.

I actually prefer gameplay as they show off how "I will" experience the game rather than what "I think" I will be experiencing. Many times, have I watched a trailer, get hyped and then lose interest when I see the actual gameplay. So I'm glad we finally see some gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima! It looks pretty sick.
Ghost of Tsushima looks absolutely awesome so far. The time period is a fascinating one as well.
aww shit i missed the conference did i?.
As excited as I am for Spidey, RE2 and maybe Death Stranding; that was like 5 or 6 games and all of them were behind the shoulder slow paced action games (Spidey was faster than the others). One with guns, one with webs, one with swords, one with random crap on the ground and one was no combat at all.

I guess Control and KH3 were there too.

Lacked the variety and punch of Microsoft's and I'm a Sony fangirl at heart.

TLoU gameplay looked identical to the first.

Combat in Ghosts looked slick as heck and makes me want it.

Spidey's scenes looked ridiculously scripted so I'll need to see open world footage to see if it's able to live up to Spider-Man 2 (2004). (EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzErgDYfmkU - SMOOTH OPEN WORLD CONFIRM. THROWING CROOKS OFF ROOFTOPS CONFIRM. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE)

It was a bad showing. 30 minutes of dead space from moving the guests around and no variety.

At least the stuff announced at Microsoft is hitting PS4 too. I need me Vesperia.
Bellchan, if Spidey PS4 turns out eh, please don't think Spider-Man 2 is still the best game. Ultimate Spider-Man for PS2 and Web of Shadows for PS3 are much better titles that improve on so many of the systems from that game.
Pinkanator said:
Bellchan, if Spidey PS4 turns out eh, please don't think Spider-Man 2 is still the best game. Ultimate Spider-Man for PS2 and Web of Shadows for PS3 are much better titles that improve on so many of the systems from that game.
They both have things that are individually better than SM2. But the city size, fluid motion and content was perfect for that one specific game. The Skyscraper tokens, hidden tokens, challenges, mini-missions and Bruce Campbell Hint Squares made it so playing the campaign was a distraction from enjoying the game.

That's the aspect I want in the PS4 because no other Spidey game has given it to me since. There have certainly been things that made the other Spideys worth playing though, Pinky. I don't dare discredit a decade of fun games.
bellchan said:
Bruce Campbell
That alone makes it best by default.
Well Pink while I would agree with you on web of shadows being a big improvement......I still always hit that brick wall of that guy doing spider-man's voice and my god it is so awful.
Also Yes Pirates is coming back to kingdom hearts, and its based on At World's end! Can't wait to fight Davy Jones!
Imasuky said:
That alone makes it best by default.
To be fair Amazing Spider-Man 1 has Bruce Campbell missions that you can do as well

mariosonicfan said:
Well Pink while I would agree with you on web of shadows being a big improvement......I still always hit that brick wall of that guy doing spider-man's voice and my god it is so awful.
WhErEs MJ?!?

CaGe AnD hIs SeArCh PaRtY?!?

AaGhG!!? YoUrE nO hElP!!!

ok but symbiote black cat tho
SAKURAI YOU GODDAMN BASTARD!!! YOU ACTUALLY PUT RIDLEY IN SMASH!!!!!!! :O

NINTENDO I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

TOO BIG TO FAIL

TOO BIG TO FAIIIIIIIIL
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS BACK IN SMASH!
The smash hype is more real than ever!
This is the first smash game i've ever cared about TBH. DAMN NINTENDO.
Also the mech game looks solid too, and i'll probably buy my first retail copy of a mario party as well
>Ridley in Smash
>everyone is back
Shit, maybe I should consider getting a Switch now.
i cant wait to play ark on my switch with 2 fps

it will be a great experience i think
Cell said:
i cant wait to play ark on my switch with 2 fps

it will be a great experience i think
haha, what, did you not overclock your switch??? Mine will easily get 4 fps, pleb
Thinking about waiting on buying Dragon FighterZ for the Switch. Local multiplayer is more enjoyable and it's easier with a portable console.

I guess if they've not yet announced a better Switch with battery life I can take the plunge and buy the existing model.
Thinking about waiting on buying Dragon FighterZ for the Switch. Local multiplayer is more enjoyable and it's easier with a portable console.

I guess if they've not yet announced a better Switch with battery life I can take the plunge and buy the existing model.
bellchan said:

With the Switch refresh, they'll improve battery life, and add more storage internally, but at the cost of the flaw used to put custom firmware on the switch. So if you're not and never will be interested in hacking or modding your system, wait. It'll still be a few months or even a year until they announce that, but it's in the works since hackers started finding exploits in the switch that they can't patch out.
bullet said:
With the Switch refresh, they'll improve battery life, and add more storage internally, but at the cost of the flaw used to put custom firmware on the switch. So if you're not and never will be interested in hacking or modding your system, wait. It'll still be a few months or even a year until they announce that, but it's in the works since hackers started finding exploits in the switch that they can't patch out.
Uh, source on that? I haven't heard anything about the Mariko revision actually providing hardware *upgrades*, at least not anything on the same level as additional storage.