MAJOR INCREDIBLES 2 SPOILERS IN THIS POST
HOLY FUCK ITS EVERYTHING WE HYPNOFUCKS WANTED AND MORE

ELASTAGIRL IS HYPNOTIZED FOR A MAJOR PORTION OF THE FILM

THE SCREENSLAVER IS A GIRL

MULTIPLE POINTS DISCUSS HYPNOSIS

IT'S INSANE GO SEE IT

(Also it's an "incredible" film regardless)
Canon hypno in mainstream media always causes me to shake uncontrollably and want to vomit for some reason...

Guess I can't see this movie I've waited years for ._.
OrangeJuicestice said:
HOLY FUCK ITS EVERYTHING WE HYPNOFUCKS WANTED AND MORE

ELASTAGIRL IS HYPNOTIZED FOR A MAJOR PORTION OF THE FILM

THE SCREENSLAVER IS A GIRL

MULTIPLE POINTS DISCUSS HYPNOSIS

IT'S INSANE GO SEE IT

(Also it's an "incredible" film regardless)

Ok time to buy tickets.

Shit man, it's going to be weird seeing this with friends/family... lol

I have no problems with that though, I'm legit even more excited now.

(I didn't mind reading the spoilers, I was too eager to know what happens)
Pinkanator said:
Canon hypno in mainstream media always causes me to shake uncontrollably and want to vomit for some reason...

Does this happen only when the hypnosis is a major plot point? Or just if the thing involves hypnosis in any way?
Pinkanator said:

Yeah none of the hypnosis sticks and there are no permanent effects. I haven't even seen the movie but I already know this.

And there's no risk of any of the main character's dying or being permanently altered.

And WHY? Because you know they're already planning a third one, followed by a fourth, and so on and so on until they run the franchise into the ground.
i enjoyed the movie and am looking foward to the art it bring also

Pinkanator said:

you are free to do what you please i will say that you are missing out on a genuinely good movie.
spoiler

spoiler

In 14 years when Incredibles 3 comes out we’ll have members of this community saying this movie was what got them started.
Argonis said:
you are free to do what you please i will say that you are missing out on a genuinely good movie.
I genuinely wish I could man, but for context, the video for harder better faster stronger sends me into a goddamn panic attack.
Pinkanator said:
I genuinely wish I could man, but for context, the video for harder better faster stronger sends me into a goddamn panic attack.
that seems more for epilepsy with all the shining lights and stuff.
Really it's nothing more than an empty cockltease for the reasons I stated above.

Mind control doesn't amount to jack shit unless there are real risks and real dangers to the main characters.

Hell I'd be happy just to have real danger to the main characters and effects that stick with them throughout the sequels.

But no. Reset button ahoy! Money money money! Lets run this franchise into the ground! Bring on the Direct to Video sequels! Bring on the shitty licensed games! How far can we push this franchise until it becomes a zombie?
Allister said:
Really it's nothing more than an empty cockltease for the reasons I stated above.

Mind control doesn't amount to jack shit unless there are real risks and real dangers to the main characters.

Hell I'd be happy just to have real danger to the main characters and effects that stick with them throughout the sequels.

But no. Reset button ahoy! Money money money! Lets run this franchise into the ground! Bring on the Direct to Video sequels! Bring on the shitty licensed games! How far can we push this franchise until it becomes a zombie?
You expected character deaths in the superhero movie for pre-teens?

Pixar may have mastered entertaining adults while playing to the child audience, but they are still marketing for the youths. There was never going to be stakes. Best we get is implied danger like when Rob almost snapped Mirage in the first film.

Did Infinity War not sate your bloodlust?

And I’ll take a franchise zombie if it’s one installment a decade.
bellchan said:
You expected character deaths in the superhero movie for pre-teens?
Of course not. Nor in any mainstream superhero movie. Superman will never die and if he does he'll be resurrected. It makes seeing any Superman movie pointless because you already know he's going to win in the end.

Like I said I haven't even seen this movie but I already know the basics of what it's about because it's the same tired old formula that's been shoved down our throats for decades.

It's not even about bloodlust. It's about limiting what can happen in a movie so that sequels can be made.

Oh goddammit I just learned they're making a 6th Terminator movie. Arnold's fucking 70 years old. God damn you Hollywood, and fuck you.
Pinkanator said:

You feel this way because deep down you know it's wrong in a way. I felt the same way about Aqua being NORTED in KHIII's trailer and I've never played a KH game.
Allister said:
Of course not. Nor in any mainstream superhero movie. Superman will never die and if he does he'll be resurrected. It makes seeing any Superman movie pointless because you already know he's going to win in the end.

Like I said I haven't even seen this movie but I already know the basics of what it's about because it's the same tired old formula that's been shoved down our throats for decades.

It's not even about bloodlust. It's about limiting what can happen in a movie so that sequels can be made.

Oh goddammit I just learned they're making a 6th Terminator movie. Arnold's fucking 70 years old. God damn you Hollywood, and fuck you.
Y'all are missing the MAIN point of Incredibles. It's a family, slice-of-life film first, and a superhero film second. Both films focus FAR more on the family and how they interact rather than fighting crime. Hell, a lot of the focus is on Rob trying to learn how to become a better husband and a better father. Just saying y'all have emphasized the wrong stuff in this discussion.
Now im scared to take any of my nieces or nephews just Incase it sparks there hypno kink since they are smol XD
Gentelmen, please keep your heads cool and your dicks in place when we are out in public :D

that said, I dunno if I can keep my cool with my freaking nephews following me this Sunday...
Honestly the idea of Elastigirl hypnotized is awesome, but the use of tech as opposed to what i consider a major cocktease was a real disappointment. I think the biggest cocktease in the movie is the hypnoclock in the apartment complex that Elastigirl walks by. They set it up to be a real nice hypno moment but it went no where. Wasted moment (and cool prop) in my opinion.
CorruptionPrincess said:
Now im scared to take any of my nieces or nephews just Incase it sparks there hypno kink since they are smol XD
Are you projecting yourself onto them? XD
So I went and got the cliffs notes version of this movie so I'd know more about what I'm complaining about. Elastagirl's the aging mother of three. So, hey, have fun trying to jerk off to an over the hill CGI woman getting hypnotized especially knowing the only real part of her, her voice actor, has aged 14 years since the first movie.

14 years would have been plenty of time for Violet to grow into a nice young woman, and having her hypnotized, that would have been nicer.

Or even just having Elastagirl needing to deal with the psychological impact of what happened to her would at least make the movie interesting or make for a semi interesting sequel.

Had Elastagirl hypnotized an older Violet, and they both had to actually deal with the consequences of that, THAT would make the movie damned interesting.
Allister said:
So I went and got the cliffs notes version of this movie so I'd know more about what I'm complaining about. Elastagirl's the aging mother of three. So, hey, have fun trying to jerk off to an over the hill CGI woman getting hypnotized especially knowing the only real part of her, her voice actor, has aged 14 years since the first movie.

14 years would have been plenty of time for Violet to grow into a nice young woman, and having her hypnotized, that would have been nicer.

Or even just having Elastagirl needing to deal with the psychological impact of what happened to her would at least make the movie interesting or make for a semi interesting sequel.

Had Elastagirl hypnotized an older Violet, and they both had to actually deal with the consequences of that, THAT would make the movie damned interesting.
well, spare them an inch man, it's PG 13 after all, Disney didn't make it for us :)
Allister said:

Imagine all the productive things you could be doing with your time instead of getting worked up over a kids film.
Well my interest in hypnosis started before I even knew what sex was so I'll gladly see this movie despite people complaining that "no hot young girls were hypnotized and the hypnosis wasn't portrayed in an overly sexual manner waaa". That being said I will still definitely be seeing this ALONE (my whole family knows about my hypno obsession)
morbidsanity_ said:
Well my interest in hypnosis started before I even knew what sex was so I'll gladly see this movie despite people complaining that "no hot young girls were hypnotized and the hypnosis wasn't portrayed in an overly sexual manner waaa". That being said I will still definitely be seeing this ALONE (my whole family knows about my hypno obsession)
Yup same.... and there's only one person in my family who knows about mine.. but I don't even think he knows the level at which it reached at this point lol. (I used to obsess over hypnosis episodes in cartoons and then there was the whole Sly Cooper thing)

but yeah anyways I'm still excited regardless. Even if I go with my friends I can... mostly handle myself lol. I'll feel weird but I'll be fine XD.
Allister said:
And WHY? Because you know they're already planning a third one, followed by a fourth, and so on and so on until they run the franchise into the ground.
While I definitely agree with your points about a lack of stakes on a franchise in general, and about what a missed opportunity Violet is, I can't help but find your deal about "running it into the ground" a bit ironic considering the franchise we're talking about.

As was said earlier, 14 years passed in between the last movie and this one. In that time all we had was a (surprisingly good, actually) short-lived comic book tie-in.

If this franchise was picked up and run into the ground, then it would be an incredible change of pace.

Anyway, I think the movie does actually look good, but I think people in this thread are getting way too worked up about it.
notanotheralias said:
but I think people in this thread are getting way too worked up about it.
i'm just saying i had fun watching the movie is all.
laststand0810 said:
well, spare them an inch man, it's PG 13 after all, Disney didn't make it for us :)
Yet here we are, talking about it.

Saying they didn't make it for us is like saying Rocko's Modern Life or Animaniacs was made just for children.

Regardless, the stuff I brought up can work in a kids movie. At the core my beef is that events need to stick. I got into Star Trek DS9 some years back. At first I didn't care much for it, though there were some interesting bits in the early episodes. Then came the arcs, and subtle things like the baseball from season 1 getting dirtier, more played with, as the series went on. The characters actually changing over a long period of time. Like I hated Bashir in Season 1 but by the end of the series he became one of my favorite characters.

Character development. Character arcs! You can do that in a kids movie!
Allister said:
Yeah none of the hypnosis sticks and there are no permanent effects. I haven't even seen the movie but I already know this.

And there's no risk of any of the main character's dying or being permanently altered.

Um...No. What are you smoking? This is Pixar after all. As a matter of fact, having seen the movie, there are multiple character arcs that all reach a satisfying conclusion that build on the characterization from the first movie.

Just.

Fuck.

Off.

With your holier than thou bullshit.

I thought your attitude in defending your art was bad, this is just asinine.

Pinkanator said:

Don't worry Pink, the Hypnosis isn't permanent in any way shape or form. Characters remain in a trance while looking at one of Screenslaver's screens, however the instant they stop looking at them, they're free and there are no lasting effects, other then disorientation and missing memories.
FUN FACT: Evelyn Deavor is played by Catherine Keener who you may know as the hypnotist in Get Out
Knuke said:
FUN FACT: Evelyn Deavor is played by Catherine Keener who you may know as the hypnotist in Get Out
Why do you have a seat while I get some tea?
EoD said:
Um...No. What are you smoking? This is Pixar after all.
No it's not. It's Disney. Pixar died when Disney bought them. Maybe Disney hasn't completely ruined them yet but they're working on it.

I may be wrong on the specifics but lets be honest. All we care about here is the hypnosis, and it's the same formulaic crap we've all seen many, many times before.

Anyway try to see things from my perspective. For likely the next several months I'm going to be stuck looking at Incredibles fanart even if I set filters to avoid it. Rather than complaining at people who spent time to make the art I'm telling them right now: Don't bother. Go and make art that's worth a damn. Make your own characters whom you can do whatever the fuck you want to with. It's fun.
Allister said:
No it's not. It's Disney. Pixar died when Disney bought them. Maybe Disney hasn't completely ruined them yet but they're working on it.
So they died around the time when they put out stuff like Ratatouille and WALL-E?