Let's talk Smash Bros
Simon/Richter Belmont.
King K Rool.

Good fucking start already Sakurai :3

But damn, all us Krystal and Shovel Knight fans got gypped >.< But characters like Lloyd, Shantae, Sora and Travis Touchdown still have hope!

Whatchu guys think of the Direct and what do you think will come next?
I’m gonna go ahead and guess that Travis Touchdown is a no go, and there’s hope for Sora considering we have Squeenix already involved, but Disney would have to sign off too and I don’t think Sakurai wants to set a precedent for third-party series getting more than one character. Then again we did get belmont...
Castlevania is so iconic for the NES/SNES so Simon is a perfect addition. I still want Wonder Red from W101 to appear but I doubt that game was popular enough to get a character spot so will probs be an assist. The direct has actually got me wanting a character I would've never considered before and that's the Monster Hunter avatar. The character can be done seeing as they appeared in MvC:I with a cool moveset and now with Rathalos as an assist I think it can happen.
StepfordCrimson said:
But damn, all us Krystal and Shovel Knight fans got gypped >.<
Krystal was already confirmed to be an assist trophy on the website. And I never believed Shovel Knight had a chance to be a playable character since he's not an iconic character and fans of Simon Belmont and King K. Kool had been wanting these two characters in smash for years.

But hey people can dream. Like me who wants Rundas from Metroid Prime 3 in Smash, but I know that's never going to happen. So I'll just sit back here and sulk.
mike from startropics
god its all i want now that we got palutena and little mac last time
I want Lloyd.
Lloyd is the only thing that could make me buy the game.

Also, I never played Melee, but I recently saw all the fun solo game modes it had. I want that in Ultimate.
Because right now it's :

-smash
-smash
-smash
-smash
-and smash.

I was kinda hoping for Shantae as well, but if Shovel Knight just managed to be an assist trophy, then I doubt she can be more than that.
Yumberduddle said:
mike from startropics
Holy shit yes.
Really hoping for surprise Playable Waluigi, or Waluigi as the first DLC character...
I’m hoping for Metal Sonic but I doubt that will happen...
....If we're to get anyone from Sonic we need Dr. Eggman. That's who I think would be especially awesome to play as. Sonic and Eggman are the two most iconic characters from Sonic's franchise.

As for who was revealed, I'm honestly not surprised. I figured the characters we'd probably be getting would be ones demanded since Smash's beginning, or iconic characters from the history of the NES/SNES/N64. Looking at games are on on the SNES/NES classic.. Yeah, Simon Belmont being on the roster makes total sense.

In terms of more modern characters, I'd like Sora but Sora is tied up in so much corporate crap that makes him hard to include. Haley Joel Osment isn't cheap either. It's why Sora in World of Final Fantasy doesn't say a word.

I kinda have a feeling Capcom is gonna want to throw in another character and get in on the hype. Either someone from Megaman like Protoman or Bass, Megaman X himself... Or they might give us someone from Resident Evil. I'd love if Jill got included.
I like to see the main character of Terranigma.

Golden Sun is death...i'm sad.

I like to see more Xenoblade's characters.

I don't know...Nintendo have some many games.
This might be a little out there, but I feel like it has more of a chance than some other choices... I'd like to see another Punch-out character. I feel like for a timeless nes classic, only having one character from the series is kinda sad.. And with a wide variety of colorful characters, I feel like they should at least have another one added to the game.
Speaking of another Xapcom character, since they have a monster hunter stage and Rathalos there and as an assist trophy, probably going to see a monster hunter character, similar to the one in MvC infinite.
Roxa said:
I want Lloyd.
Lloyd is the only thing that could make me buy the game.

Also, I never played Melee, but I recently saw all the fun solo game modes it had. I want that in Ultimate.
Because right now it's :

-smash
-smash
-smash
-smash
-and smash.

I was kinda hoping for Shantae as well, but if Shovel Knight just managed to be an assist trophy, then I doubt she can be more than that.
They're keeping that one mode hidden, something good has to be there.

Plus everyone gets their own custom Classic mode. Single player for days.
One thing I do hope DOESN'T come back is the kid icarus uprising/smash 4 difficulty slider. The whole, "Oh you couldn't beat the hard difficulty with out losing? Well then let me lower it down for the baby waby!"

fuck you game I'll lower the difficulty when I want!
Physics are looking crisp. What drove me crazy during the days of smash 4 was how safe it was to airdodge/play defensive in general. So much so to a point where ledge guarding was pretty much pointless. The slow, single air Dodge we have now is pretty awesome, and should promote a lot more aggressive playstyles ^^
103 stages, around 900 songs and 73 characters already confirmed, jeebus.

If we're talking new characters, I'd love someone from Xenoblade Chronicles (maybe 2 as well but so far I'm only on chapter 2 so I don't quite know anyone), maybe a Tales game (It's not gonna happen at all as she's not that well known but I'd love Pascal from Graces) and Shantae would be cool. (Also this is basically never happening but if we somehow got a Danganronpa character I'd just flip)

But can we talk about the most pressing issue, which is that Luigi was straight up murdered? I just can't get over it, it's just so bizzare (but in a good way)
I really hope Richter is fun to play as, because man am I anxious to try him out. Please don't let me down, daddy Sakurai.

MostlyLurking said:
But can we talk about the most pressing issue, which is that Luigi was straight up murdered? I just can't get over it, it's just so bizzare (but in a good way)
Luigi has died. He may be okay now, but he has experienced death. He has felt his immortal soul be torn from its mortal vessel. This is official Smash Bros. canon.
MostlyLurking said:
The current list of Smash Bros. executions is:

-Megaman (impaled by Ridley)
-Mario (skull crushed by Ridley)
-Luigi (killed to death by Death)

Anyway I'm hype for Ridley and Dark Samus.
Obscenario said:
The current list of Smash Bros. executions is:

-Megaman (impaled by Ridley)
-Mario (skull crushed by Ridley)
-Luigi (killed to death by Death)

Anyway I'm hype for Ridley and Dark Samus.
I was about to post about how Sakurai does seem to be enjoying straight up murdering Nintendo's key characters...Not even Samus was unscathed. She's just to bad ass to be killed by Ridely, and even without her armor, jumped in to give him a beat down.
So me and a friend were talking about how 2 of the new characters are villains and that there has been a general demand for more villains in smash so we think Ultimate will be the game that will deliver that.

We're predicting that Black Shadow will be added as an old Ganondorf clone. I'm sure that there are smash players that would prefer Ganon's old move set so we felt like this would make for a 2 birds with 1 stone scenario by adding a new villain while still keeping old ganon intact and I feel old Ganon's moveset could work for Black Shadow seeing as they have a similar build. The only thing that makes this theory iffy is we don't know if Sakurai would make an echo fighter from a character in a different series. If that's the case it would be more likely that he would be a Falcon clone.

Another prediction is that Medusa will be added as an echo fighter for Palutena and she will use some of the custom specials that Palutena had in Smash 4. Palutena had a bunch of cool and unique customs that shouldn't go to waste. I doubt custom moves will make a return because they weren't that popular of a feature so I think using Medusa as a way of carrying some good ones over would be nice. Medusa has a similar build to Palutena and both characters wield staffs so we felt like this would make a good fit.

For an original new villain character we were thinking about Hades from Kid Icarus. Seeing as Metroid got an entirely new villain and an echo fighter villain I don't see any reason for the KI franchise to get similar treatment. For a moveset we couldn't brainstorm much as in the game Hades just uses projectiles and punches but Sakurai is good at making fun movesets out of barebones characters so I'm sure he could figure something out. Plus, he was the director of that game so he should know the character well enough to come up with a moveset that fits him. Problem is that the character has next to no demand and I feel like Sakurai would rather prioritize fan demands than having more villains but I really do hope if he add more that Hades gets in because out of all the Nintendo villains he has the most personality.
Waluigi 4 smash

Seriously though, You know who I would like to see, that I suggested way back in the smash ballot who got like 2 votes?

THE LEGEND

THE DESTROYER

THE WRESTING CHAMP OF THE GLITZ PIT

RAWK HAWK!

Think about it. Fits a wrestler role, which noone has ever done. Represents Paper Mario, and the best one at that. Weird choice. Could be fun.
Would be cool if all the franchises that don't have one yet get villain reps like Kid Icarus or Metal Gear, or even F-Zero.
GrandDad said:
Would be cool if all the franchises that don't have one yet get villain reps like Kid Icarus or Metal Gear, or even F-Zero.
BLACK SHADOW I WILL HAIL UNTIL I DIE

JUST MAKE HIM MELEE GANONDORF DAMNIT
Pinkanator said:
BLACK SHADOW I WILL HAIL UNTIL I DIE

JUST MAKE HIM MELEE GANONDORF DAMNIT
Who was that guy in GX who made Black Shadow look like a wimp he'd be a neat fighter. But then he got outdone by the makers in a really weird twist actualy. 0-0
Ainsley said:
Who was that guy in GX who made Black Shadow look like a wimp he'd be a neat fighter. But then he got outdone by the makers in a really weird twist actualy. 0-0
Deathborn, the guy who I think SEGA owns, since he only showed up in GX.

Black Shadow's been the villain in X, and the GBA Trilogy, aka the rest of the series.
> ctrl + F Skull Kid
> 0 results

you guys disappoint me :(
oo_sebastian_oo said:
> ctrl + F Skull Kid
> 0 results

you guys disappoint me :(
I've only just heard about that
My curiosity is tier adjustments. Do y'all think Diddy Kong will still be top? Think anyone will shift their position in the rankings significantly?
Ogodei-Khan said:
My curiosity is tier adjustments. Do y'all think Diddy Kong will still be top? Think anyone will shift their position in the rankings significantly?
If Luigi drops from S rank, things will not be okay.
Well not to revive an old video series with a reference but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjsHjnhh_Xg

But in all seriousness I think the tournament showed that Bayonetta is still combolisious.