Black Clover too! Notably with Fana and Asta in the Witch's Forest Arc.
Shazam - which is a wonderful movie on par with Richard Donner's Superman, by the way - opens with a mind control scene.

There's an evil artifact called the Eye of Sin that tempts and hypnotizes everyone around it One Ring style. Only the purest of heart can resist it, so the Wizard deliberately shows it to kids to see if they're worthy of being a superhero.

It's not a big part of the story. It's mostly a device to kick off Sivana's supervillain origin and set up a theme about how people are way too hard on kids. But it does get a fun callback at the ending and we get a really interesting scene where multiple people describe what it felt like.
It's not mind control (for the episodes I've seen yet at least), but the transformation sequences of the Mahou Shoujos in the anime "Saint October" (old 4:3 anime) definitely look a lot more like "corruption" than many scenes of this type.May even suggest twisted sexuality.
If somebody wanted to make an "evil" version of it, it would probably not take much effort at least on "deciding what to change".
Well...this is not a scene from x anime, is a Fairy Tail's animation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4XG7GtxmcEw
Airing this season, quite a surprise, but...Isekai Quartet.

It's not yet clear if it's full blown mind control, but due to the laws of the world and weird crossover magicks or something, there is some unknown consequence to disrupting school activities and thus far it's been demonstrated twice in Episode 3 that the teachers seem to have some kind of absolute Teacher's Authority shenanigans going on. So far, it's happened to Re:Zero's Beatrice and Overlord's Albedo. In Beatrice's case her eyes went dull for a moment.
DMNC said:
Airing this season, quite a surprise, but...Isekai Quartet.

It's not yet clear if it's full blown mind control, but due to the laws of the world and weird crossover magicks or something, there is some unknown consequence to disrupting school activities and thus far it's been demonstrated twice in Episode 3 that the teachers seem to have some kind of absolute Teacher's Authority shenanigans going on. So far, it's happened to Re:Zero's Beatrice and Overlord's Albedo. In Beatrice's case her eyes went dull for a moment.
I watched and...is kinda cool, I mean...you need to "obey" your teachers when they gave you "orders".
The new She-Ra season has some corruption-mind control and a character who's pretty transparently into it.

There's a sort of magitech computer virus that infects She-Ra a few times. It can either make her act like an adorable drunk...or it can turn her eyes and veins red as she tries to murder everyone around her as she laughs maniacally.

Catra gets really excited about that last part.
Because Catra in the new series seriously wants some of that She-Ra love ;)

Either that or angry revenge sex, one or the other lol
mariosonicfan said:
Because Catra in the new series seriously wants some of that She-Ra love ;)

Either that or angry revenge sex, one or the other lol
And don't we all, in the end?

Episode is Season 2, Episode 5 in case you need it.
There's a brain drain example I'd forgotten about.

In the Powerpuff Girls episode, "The Headsucker's Moxy", the villain of the week is the Robbing Leech as the girls dub him. His power is that he has a lamprey-like mouth which he can use to bite down on a victim's head and drink away their memories. He then uses the stolen memories to commit crimes, like draining a security guard's memory to get the password to disable a museum's security system. His victims are left with no memory of the attack, a splitting headache, and a circular bitemark on their craniums.
If you have the stomach for the gorier parts, there is some pretty good MC about in "Constantine: City of Demons".

Since Constantine often fights demons, we start this story with a bit of possession as John starts his mission to save the stolen soul of his friend's daughter, with our film's main villain possessing Constantine's ally the Nightmare Nurse to deliver a message.

There's more MC and possession to be had in the film, but I thought to whet your appetite for it rather than just say it all outright.
HiddenAgenda said:
If you have the stomach for the gorier parts, there is some pretty good MC about in "Constantine: City of Demons".

Since Constantine often fights demons, we start this story with a bit of possession as John starts his mission to save the stolen soul of his friend's daughter, with our film's main villain possessing Constantine's ally the Nightmare Nurse to deliver a message.

There's more MC and possession to be had in the film, but I thought to whet your appetite for it rather than just say it all outright.
Uh... would it bother you to detail it (in spoiler tag) though? Not that I mind watching series or movies, but when I'm on a mind-control roll, I like to just skip to the interesting parts.
HiddenAgenda said:

Where can you watch this movie?
TheMadPrince said:
Uh... would it bother you to detail it (in spoiler tag) though? Not that I mind watching series or movies, but when I'm on a mind-control roll, I like to just skip to the interesting parts.
JC518 said:
Where can you watch this movie?
It's a direct-to-video movie. Might show up on Netflix in the future if you don't feel like buying a copy.

And I forgot about the spoiler tag. Go figure.

spoiler
speaking of Constantine, Justice League: Dark also has possession bits (Deadman is in it, so expected)
I watched through Travelers recently. There are plenty of mind control scenes, technically, sorta. Or, rather, scenes where a person gets their mind completely overwritten, permanently, in an extremely painful way. A lot of the show's narrative tension comes from the fact that the people doing the possession are supposed to maintain their hosts' lives, which is not exactly easy since they had limited knowledge to prepare with and don't retain the host's memories.

I figured it was worth mentioning in this thread because although the possession scenes themselves are uniformly uncomfortable to watch, well... mainly, it was just a really good show. But I figure that this audience might like the tension coming from the twists on who gets replaced and when.
Zermelane said:
I watched through Travelers recently. There are plenty of mind control scenes, technically, sorta. Or, rather, scenes where a person gets their mind completely overwritten, permanently, in an extremely painful way. A lot of the show's narrative tension comes from the fact that the people doing the possession are supposed to maintain their hosts' lives, which is not exactly easy since they had limited knowledge to prepare with and don't retain the host's memories.

I figured it was worth mentioning in this thread because although the possession scenes themselves are uniformly uncomfortable to watch, well... mainly, it was just a really good show. But I figure that this audience might like the tension coming from the twists on who gets replaced and when.
Sounds intriguing. I'm never too squeamish to watch stuff like this. Any examples of this happening to gals?
Those scenes are common in the show itself, but it seems that people don't really like to upload them to youtube. I did find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz1tDrWzUTw which has the scenes of the main characters' arrivals in the first episode. If it's only the girls you're interested in, it's one at the start, the other starting at 6:48.
Thanks! Looks interesting.
In Hatsukoi Limited episode 2, a guy has a (non-supernatural) special ability: he can tell jokes one after another so lame that the brains of girls run away into sleep.
He would have done H things to the girls if he was alone and it wasn't an all ages anime ^^.
Would have been interesting to see him in hentai context unleashing his "power" on the world.
hyreader said:
In Hatsukoi Limited episode 2, a guy has a (non-supernatural) special ability: he can tell jokes one after another so lame that the brains of girls run away into sleep.
He would have done H things to the girls if he was alone and it wasn't an all ages anime ^^.
Would have been interesting to see him in hentai context unleashing his "power" on the world.
You bring me memories dude xD!! So cool this.
https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hypno-kitty/81378341/ this scene, if anybody could identify the source I would be thrilled
Trekkion said:
https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hypno-kitty/81378341/ this scene, if anybody could identify the source I would be thrilled
Looks like Saint Tail. Couldn't tell you the episode though, since I've never watched it.
Mindwipe said:
Looks like Saint Tail. Couldn't tell you the episode though, since I've never watched it.
Episode 26
Anybody see the new Aladdin movie? If so I wonder if any of the female characters get hypnotized at all
JC518 said:
Anybody see the new Aladdin movie? If so I wonder if any of the female characters get hypnotized at all
No idea, but it'd surprise me given that the original never bothered to use Jafar's staff on Jasmine despite ample opportunity.
TheMadPrince said:
No idea, but it'd surprise me given that the original never bothered to use Jafar's staff on Jasmine despite ample opportunity.
If anything I could see them moving even the Sultan scene offscreen so they don't have to bother trying to make it look good in live action.
So it's not *technically* MC, but, the new film Booksmart kinda sorta has a dollification and bimbofication scene in it. If you stretch the definition a bit.

Basically, the two main characters end up under the effects of a hallucinogenic drug and start seeing themselves as dolls. They both undress and remark about their unrealistic proportions and lack of nipples and genitalia. One of the characters gets turned on by her new body and starts rubbing herself and talking like a valley girl. Eventually the scene cuts away and the two characters snap out of it.

Like I said, it's not actually MC, but it plays like that (though that might say more about me than the film). I wouldn't recommend seeing the film just for this scene or anything, since it's very short (like 30 seconds max). But it is a pretty solid comedy, so maybe check it out regardless.
Remember that Nina Conti ventriloquist hypnosis skit that got posted a while back? At least I hope it got posted and I didn't just dream it. Well anyway, now you can see it done by another ventriloquist called Alexa DiMuzio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MnpuAqRz-I

JC518 said:
Alas no. The Sultan gets it twice, and Aladdin starts getting it at one point but it's quickly interrupted. To be fair the effects aren't the worst - they make the snake staff turn bright and the camera kinda blurs out everything around it, and they show the victim's irises changing colour (to a sort of peach colour, I noticed, rather than red) - but it's nothing to write home about. I can sum it up in the same word I'd use to review the film - underwhelming.

TheModrenMan said:
So it's not *technically* MC, but, the new film Booksmart kinda sorta has a dollification and bimbofication scene in it. If you stretch the definition a bit.

Basically, the two main characters end up under the effects of a hallucinogenic drug and start seeing themselves as dolls. They both undress and remark about their unrealistic proportions and lack of nipples and genitalia. One of the characters gets turned on by her new body and starts rubbing herself and talking like a valley girl. Eventually the scene cuts away and the two characters snap out of it.
Sir, you had my curiosity. Now you have my attention.