My bit of venting will probably seem so lowkey compared to most but I want to vent it anyway since its been bugging me.

Recently the local tabletop meetup got a new place and the previous week I ran a DnD session with people and I think it went rather well. Though this week a guy from the older meet ups came back and wanted to join back up, while he was never formally kicked out he was close. I gave him a second chance but he quickly annoyed the rest of the table. Constantly asking for same things he can't have, actions that his class as druid can't do, not keeping track of abilities or spell slots, inappropriate humour, but worse of all fudging his dice rolls. Everyone at the table noticed and I chose not to call him out on it but he then left too quickly for me to talk to him about it. Everyone else quite clearly don't like playing with him right away.

I don't like to come across as a jerk but he doesn't seem the type to learns when confronted since I already had to tell him no so many times already. It does leave me in a awkward situation where the rest of the folks are all eager and good players but as we play in a public space where nothing would stop him from coming back he could continue to be a nuisance.
Mr.H said:
My bit of venting will probably seem so lowkey compared to most but I want to vent it anyway since its been bugging me.

Recently the local tabletop meetup got a new place and the previous week I ran a DnD session with people and I think it went rather well. Though this week a guy from the older meet ups came back and wanted to join back up, while he was never formally kicked out he was close. I gave him a second chance but he quickly annoyed the rest of the table. Constantly asking for same things he can't have, actions that his class as druid can't do, not keeping track of abilities or spell slots, inappropriate humour, but worse of all fudging his dice rolls. Everyone at the table noticed and I chose not to call him out on it but he then left too quickly for me to talk to him about it. Everyone else quite clearly don't like playing with him right away.

I don't like to come across as a jerk but he doesn't seem the type to learns when confronted since I already had to tell him no so many times already. It does leave me in a awkward situation where the rest of the folks are all eager and good players but as we play in a public space where nothing would stop him from coming back he could continue to be a nuisance.
best advice, kick him out if he does it again, tolerating him would ruin the experience of the others

you've given him enough chances, if he's unable or unwilling to change, kick him from your games
godzillahomer said:
best advice, kick him out if he does it again, tolerating him would ruin the experience of the others

you've given him enough chances, if he's unable or unwilling to change, kick him from your games
Knowing this guy it seems very likely he won't learn. I think of myself as patient but I have my limits and everyone else isn't as willing as I am usually. It'll just be akward knowing that he could come back to the public meet ups and continue to be a bother.
Friye

What exactly are the decisions you're referencing though?
Just the decision to fall in love with something that wasn’t real I guess. Thanks for the help tho
Mr.H said:
Knowing this guy it seems very likely he won't learn. I think of myself as patient but I have my limits and everyone else isn't as willing as I am usually. It'll just be akward knowing that he could come back to the public meet ups and continue to be a bother.
and since he won't learn, kicking him would prevent him from ruining future games or players you like leaving because of him; both of which would also be awkward
godzillahomer said:
and since he won't learn, kicking him would prevent him from ruining future games or players you like leaving because of him; both of which would also be awkward
Yeah I had a game die off because of one bad player. Best to ban him from the table rather than let it ruin it for everyone else
That Guy is the worst part of playing D&D, especially if they read your character sheet w/o consent. Shit pisses me off.
Neroblast said:
That Guy is the worst part of playing D&D, especially if they read your character sheet w/o consent. Shit pisses me off.
To be fair compared to some other "that guy" this guy is more tame and more of the "kind of dumb and not realising how much of a pain he's being" variety. Ah I did need to get that off my chest, next time theres a meet up I will definitely confront him on his blatant dice cheating and ask him how he'd feel about me as the DM doing that, after all they where level one characters and I could have easily killed them if I had felt like it. I guess I don't have to feel bad about kicking him out if literally everyone else also agrees.
I lost so much blood at work last night.

I had to go back to blow my nose (because of allergies) and it started a nose bleed that lasted a solid 15 minutes. Then after everyone left I got a nosebleed in the other nostril. That one didn't last as long, though.

But then I was checking doors around the building when I heard a loud beeping at our bar. Turns out one of the slushie machines needed a filter replaced and was leaking pina colada slushie all over the counter. I cut my finger pretty bad cleaning it up and it's still bleeding this morning.

Never let it be said I didn't give my all for my job.
Another work related thing I wanted to vent about is my boss. I like working with him, but I don't like it when he praises me.

He always says "way to go!" "you're the man!" etc...
I just don't like it. I know this is a weird thing to complain about, but I don't like being put on a pedestal. I'm fine with a "thank you" or a "good job", but I don't like being showered with compliments just for doing my job. I know that's my boss's way of showing his appreciation for me, but I wish he'd stop.

Honestly it's hard to work with him sometimes. He's always stressed about something: girlfriend, work, etc. But instead of resolving his issues he just endures them. Then comes to me to vent about them. He prefers to live in chaos because he's too afraid to live in peace.

Also he never washes his hands. I'm always afraid to high five or shake his hand because he constantly coughs and blows his nose.
Oh boy...I go back to school tomorrow...

Back to the daily grind of feigning motivation in order to stay independent...
So my parents are leaving to visit Italy for 2 weeks. I was looking forward to relaxing at home and taking it easy. But now my mom is having me take care of her work while she's gone. It's just simple data entry, but I have to do that on top of going to my job and looking after the house.

I'm happy to help my mom out, but I really wanted to relax the next 2 weeks. Guess that's not happening.
Fuck dude, I shouldn't look at Youtube comments. The ones on the trailer for Star Wars episode 9 are gonna end up giving me an aneurysm - they're so fucking stupid. Like okay, fine, I can understand disliking the Last Jedi because it doesn't feel like the old Star Wars or whatever, I can totally get behind pointing out its flaws and that it's far from a perfect movie, but come on.

Come on. Saying it's worse than the prequel trilogy. Excuse. The. Fuck. Outta. Me?

Yes, I too, like a normal human being person, enjoyed the Senate debates about intergalactic trade accords between Naboo and Coruscant. I too, thought the deep and meaningful relationship between Padme and Anakin was so much more than just sappy, badly-written, b-movie filler content that did not in any way contain strange lines about sand. I too, found the presence of the completely normally-designed and not-at-all ethnically suspect Gungans and weirdly big-nosed and greedy desert trader to be great and adding much to the films. I too, identified with the memorable human movie characters of the man with the grey beard and deep voice, as well as the menacing spiky-headed mute.

I could go on, but man. Last Jedi has nothing on Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
TheMadPrince said:
Fuck dude, I shouldn't look at Youtube comments. The ones on the trailer for Star Wars episode 9 are gonna end up giving me an aneurysm - they're so fucking stupid. Like okay, fine, I can understand disliking the Last Jedi because it doesn't feel like the old Star Wars or whatever, I can totally get behind pointing out its flaws and that it's far from a perfect movie, but come on.

Come on. Saying it's worse than the prequel trilogy. Excuse. The. Fuck. Outta. Me?

Yes, I too, like a normal human being person, enjoyed the Senate debates about intergalactic trade accords between Naboo and Coruscant. I too, thought the deep and meaningful relationship between Padme and Anakin was so much more than just sappy, badly-written, b-movie filler content that did not in any way contain strange lines about sand. I too, found the presence of the completely normally-designed and not-at-all ethnically suspect Gungans and weirdly big-nosed and greedy desert trader to be great and adding much to the films. I too, identified with the memorable human movie characters of the man with the grey beard and deep voice, as well as the menacing spiky-headed mute.

I could go on, but man. Last Jedi has nothing on Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
And yet The Last Jedi was written end to start, using the first draft Rian received that wasn't the fully fleshed out story Abrams had already made that would've tied all three of the Disney Trilogy together. It was full of plot holes and Deus Ex Machinae that reek of poor writing, and I'm frankly glad they dumped Rian in favor of having Abrams back on for Episodes 9 and 10. Shame that the Trilogy will technically be a Quadrilogy, but Harry Potter was only supposed to be a Septology, and yet ended up as an Octology, so it's nothing entirely new.
Anon_3.141 said:
And yet The Last Jedi was written end to start, using the first draft Rian received that wasn't the fully fleshed out story Abrams had already made that would've tied all three of the Disney Trilogy together. It was full of plot holes and Deus Ex Machinae that reek of poor writing, and I'm frankly glad they dumped Rian in favor of having Abrams back on for Episodes 9 and 10. Shame that the Trilogy will technically be a Quadrilogy, but Harry Potter was only supposed to be a Septology, and yet ended up as an Octology, so it's nothing entirely new.
Sure - point is, it's like, an effing masterpiece compared to those prequels. For the record, I'll say that I did actually enjoy the Last Jedi myself, and although I didn't think it was the greatest movie of all time, it's definitely a decent slice of entertainment. Have seen much, much worse in the past few years.
TheMadPrince said:

ok. i kinda liked the politics of the galatic senate.
and phantom menace is acutally cool and has redeeming things like podracing, duel of the fates, and the battle of naboo.

attack of the clones is garbage though, i agree it sucks
I liked the prequels
Henry-killenger said:
I liked the prequels
Same. I like that the prequels expanded on the Star Wars universe, the planets and cultures, instead of just space battle after space battle.
For people on Twitter who like to rail on the current film cycle, I offer this: Episode I made a literal, unadjusted for inflation, billion dollars. VII, Rogue One and VIII all out-grossed it. Solo didn't.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
For people on Twitter who like to rail on the current film cycle, I offer this: Episode I made a literal, unadjusted for inflation, billion dollars. VII, Rogue One and VIII all out-grossed it. Solo didn't.
How much did Episode 1 make when you adjust for inflation?
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
micheal bay transformers

i just proved your logic flawed
I don't really want to bash on the people that like the prequels, it wasn't my intention. I completely understand liking them, even preferring them to the new movies. Hell, if only from nostalgia, I still enjoy Phantom Menace somewhat - it's just that it seems absurd to me to say that they're better movies than these new ones. It kind of feels like the hatred for the Last Jedi is so visceral and so automatic these days that people forget how disliked the prequels were, and how generally bad (as movies, pieces of entertainment) they were considered.
Oh my God guys, office work SUUUUUCKS!

So I'm going in to my mom's work to do some data entry stuff while she's on vacation in Italy, and it's just as boring as I thought it would be. Sitting at a desk for hours, phone can't connect to wifi and computer has internet blocked with a password, it's basically my ADD nightmare. I could blow through the sheets pretty fast, but my mind wanders and I get restless. Not to mention I'm not very good at typing, so I have to take my time with each sheet.

These next 2 weeks are gonna suck. I have to work my regular job, work my mom's job, drive my brother places because he can't drive, and maintain the house because my brother is a slob. Plus I'm still coughing up mucus because of my pollen allergies.

Can someone put my name on a bullet and send it to me?
I still keep getting depressed whenever I look at the work of artists I admire... Like, I look at their stuff and just think "wow, I could never do something this hot or creative." My work never feels good enough no matter what I do. I legitimately almost just started crying while looking at some art on Twitter just now... -_-
@DarkMask:

idk if this would help you in particular, but I had an idea.

Maybe keep a doodle-sketchbook by your office work? You can write, sketch something on your desk or in your vicinity, ...

The point would be to keep you occupied through the ADD.

You might also express to your boss that it would increase your productivity if you were given a little more leeway in internet privileges on account of your ADD, maybe.

---

And now my own shit:

I'm still wandering between empty and incredible self-loathing. At least my relationship with my dad has settled -- not sure which one of us adjusted to the other, but it works.
Psychologist tomorrow. Nervous about it. Should've made an appointment with the doctor earlier to follow up afterwards, but with the measles scare going about she's fully booked, 2 weeks into the future.

All that to say, I feel like I'm grasping at straws. When did it get so hard to count my blessings? It's like I forgot how to count at all.
I'm logged into Discord right now, and I have a bunch of friends online, and I'm in a handful of active servers with a lot of members. Somehow I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk to :c
Friye said:
@DarkMask:

idk if this would help you in particular, but I had an idea.

Maybe keep a doodle-sketchbook by your office work? You can write, sketch something on your desk or in your vicinity, ...

The point would be to keep you occupied through the ADD.

You might also express to your boss that it would increase your productivity if you were given a little more leeway in internet privileges on account of your ADD, maybe.
That's not a bad idea.

The thing is it's my mom's workplace that I can't connect with the wifi. They have a guest wifi but I can't do anything with it. In all seriousness I shouldn't have access to the wifi because I need to focus on getting through those sheets so my mom doesn't have as much work to do when she gets back.

I mostly hate how much stuff I have to do these days. On top of the 2 jobs and responsibilities I also need to finish my college application stuff. The applications are finished so I just need to send my transcripts. Unfortunately the colleges won't accept them from me so I have to put in more transcript orders to send them to the colleges. And I messed up an order today so I have to cancel that one and resend it. Honestly, I don't think I'll make it in before registration ends, but I'm still gonna try.
YuuToo said:
I'm logged into Discord right now, and I have a bunch of friends online, and I'm in a handful of active servers with a lot of members. Somehow I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk to :c
Sounds like it's more like you specifically have no one to talk to about the thing you want to talk about, which happens sometimes.
Sir_Lurksalaot said:
Sounds like it's more like you specifically have no one to talk to about the thing you want to talk about, which happens sometimes.
No... You'd be surprised how socially incompetent I am x_x