A good friend of mine had a really bad freak out tonight after an allergic reaction that fucked with head. It made her laugh almost uncontrollably, until later when she suddenly turned hostile. She’s ok now...or at least she’s getting there...
Defcon7 said:
A good friend of mine had a really bad freak out tonight after an allergic reaction that fucked with head. It made her laugh almost uncontrollably, until later when she suddenly turned hostile. She’s ok now...or at least she’s getting there...
Jezz that's scary. Glad things are....ok-ish now?

Hopefully.
Last night's dream had good potential, where I was cuddling in bed with a top anime waifu of mine, but because the little people inside my brain hate me, the plot abruptly changed to "i'm trying to throw a party, but Slimer from Ghostbusters keeps covering everything in slime", so most of my dream had be being frustrated and sticky, two of my least favorite feelings.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I'M AN IDIOT.

WHEN I GETTING THE DATA ON MY LAPTOP TRANSFERED, I WASN'T THE ONE BRINGING THEM. MY MOTHER BOUGHT AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND CAME BACK WITH IT. I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER THE DATA MYSELF, BUT THE DATA WAS ALL READY ON THE HARD DRIVE, BUT NOBODY F*CKING TOLD ME. SO I TRIED TO ACCESS MY OLD LAPTOP, BUT I COULDN'T, SO I TRIED TO FIX IT. HOW? BY USING A WINDOWS 10 INSTALL. IT WAS A MEDIA CREATION TOOL MEANT TO BE USED TO CREATE USB OR ISO WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLS, WHICH I WAS GOING TO TRY TO USE TO REPAIR IT. I COULDN'T GET IT TO REPAIR IT, BUT IT THE PROCESS, USING THE MEDIA CREATION TOOL DELETED THE DATA THAT WAS ON THE HARD DRIVE. BUT IT ALSO FUCKED UP THE HARD DRIVE IN A WAY THAT REDUCED THE DISK SPACE BECAUSE OF WINDOWS SHIT THAT I CAN'T ACCESS IN ANYWAY.

Edit: I was able to get the disk space back but all the data is still lost.
Kachopper9 said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I'M AN IDIOT.

WHEN I GETTING THE DATA ON MY LAPTOP TRANSFERED, I WASN'T THE ONE BRINGING THEM. MY MOTHER BOUGHT AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND CAME BACK WITH IT. I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER THE DATA MYSELF, BUT THE DATA WAS ALL READY ON THE HARD DRIVE, BUT NOBODY F*CKING TOLD ME. SO I TRIED TO ACCESS MY OLD LAPTOP, BUT I COULDN'T, SO I TRIED TO FIX IT. HOW? BY USING A WINDOWS 10 INSTALL. IT WAS A MEDIA CREATION TOOL MEANT TO BE USED TO CREATE USB OR ISO WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLS, WHICH I WAS GOING TO TRY TO USE TO REPAIR IT. I COULDN'T GET IT TO REPAIR IT, BUT IT THE PROCESS, USING THE MEDIA CREATION TOOL DELETED THE DATA THAT WAS ON THE HARD DRIVE. BUT IT ALSO FUCKED UP THE HARD DRIVE IN A WAY THAT REDUCED THE DISK SPACE BECAUSE OF WINDOWS SHIT THAT I CAN'T ACCESS IN ANYWAY.

Edit: I was able to get the disk space back but all the data is still lost.
Damn. Sorry to hear that.
DarkMask said:
Damn. Sorry to hear that.
It gets worse...
just figured out something else...

I kept getting told about how if I transfered there wouldn't be room on my new laptop and I was somewhat confused on what he meant.

I just remember that and finally looked up the specs for each... old one had 8 GB of ram, but 1TB of Disk space.

New one has 16 GB of RAM,But, despite being a gaming laptop.. only has 256 GB ...

I think I'm going to ... go be depressed.
Kachopper9 said:
It gets worse...
just figured out something else...

I kept getting told about how if I transfered there wouldn't be room on my new laptop and I was somewhat confused on what he meant.

I just remember that and finally looked up the specs for each... old one had 8 GB of ram, but 1TB of Memory.

New one has 16 GB of RAM,But, despite being a gaming laptop.. only has 256 GB ...

I think I'm going to ... go be depressed.
Really? The gaming laptop has less memory? That makes no sense.

Can you return it or exchange it for a different laptop?
DarkMask said:
Really? The gaming laptop has less memory? That makes no sense.

Can you return it or exchange it for a different laptop?
I honestly don't know what will happen at this point.

I mis-worded it and meant disk space, but the same rules apply.
Kachopper9 said:

Only logical for a gaming laptop to have less memory, probs an SSD inside. You got any usb harddrives? Shouldnt be too expensive, 1 TB is like 50€ over here
Kachopper9 said:

As Sophia said, external hard drives aren't majorly expensive, so get one with enough memory and it should be fine.
Fuck flu season. Seriously, I've gone through the house's entire supply of tissues in the span of 2 hours.
NamesAreForTheWeak said:
Fuck flu season. Seriously, I've gone through the house's entire supply of tissues in the span of 2 hours.
Damn hope you are ok the flu can be pretty dangerous.
NamesAreForTheWeak said:
I think i'm getting sick too it sucks to not have the energy to even lift your head.
NamesAreForTheWeak said:
[staying indoors intensifies]
JTT said:
[staying indoors intensifies]
I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OF A PLAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

WHERE YOU CAN NEVERRRRRRR GET HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMED
Stephen Hawking has died, and that really sucks.
Pinkanator said:
Yeah. He was smarter than any of us and the world is a lesser place because of his loss.
Imasuky said:
Yeah. He was smarter than any of us and the world is a lesser place because of his loss.
We need visionaries like him...now more than ever...
I usually don't dwell too much on stupid things I've done in the past, but this morning I've kept thinking about a few months ago, when this one drunk at the market square fell over in the snow. His friend who he was with asked me to help him up, so I did the first thing that came to mind, and pulled on the drunk's arm. Pretty hard, too. I'm not strong for my size, but I'm a big guy so there was a decent amount of force in that pull. It still didn't help, because he was pretty heavy, and probably too out of it after the fall to even want to get up right away.

He did get up, on his own, a few minutes later, to take a piss. Someone had called an ambulance, so I stuck around until then, but I'm pathologically quiet even for a Finn, and the drunk guy didn't really seem interested in trying to form coherent sentences, so we didn't really say anything to each other. Eventually the ambulance showed up, and the paramedic asked him where it hurts, and he said the shoulder.

I didn't want to get involved further, so I left the scene then, but ever since, I've been thinking every now and then that... yeah, the fall was probably bad (I didn't see it myself), but I probably hurt that guy a bit, too. Which is probably the reason why I dwell on it - I might have done stupid things in my life because I didn't think or communicate properly, but that time I'm pretty sure I actually caused someone physical pain.
Pinkanator said:
You know what, I don't really think it sucks as much as people might think. Dude honestly he was supposed to die around the age of 20 and lived to be 76. Those are some amazing odds that were against his favor and yet, he beat them spectacularly.
RIP Hawking, you were and will always be an inspiration to others.
averageguy17 said:
You know what, I don't really think it sucks as much as people might think. Dude honestly he was supposed to die around the age of 20 and lived to be 76. Those are some amazing odds that were against his favor and yet, he beat them spectacularly.
RIP Hawking, you were and will always be an inspiration to others.
Yeah, we know that, and it would happen eventually, but eventually always feels too soon.
Something very evil is in my city...I want it gone...
It’s one of those days again. Get ready for me being in here a lot probably...
Defcon7 said:
Something very evil is in my city...I want it gone...
Defcon7 said:
It’s one of those days again. Get ready for me being in here a lot probably...
If you write more to that first line, you'll be crazy with a screenplay.
Video Game rant incoming!

I don't know how I feel about Soul Calibur VI. On one hand I'm excited to get another Soul Calibur game cause it's my favorite fighting game, but on the other hand I feel like the developer is taking a step back to go in the wrong direction.

Soul Caliburs 1-4 were awesome. The characters were likeable and the story was solid. Then came Soul Calibur 5 and tried introducing a whole bunch of new characters. And they all were awful. Patroklos was an asshole who killed innocent people, Natsu was a younger undisciplined version of Taki, Xiba only cared about food, and don't even get me started on Pyrrah. And then there was Z.W.E.I. What the fuck was Z.W.E.I.? He had a stupid name, terrible design and his fighting style was ridiculous. Carrying his sword like that, come on. The only place I've seen a character hold a sword like that was in anime.

Which brings me to Soul Calibur 6's newest character, Groh. I just don't think he belongs in the Soul Calibur world. Part of the reason I loved the Soul series so much was because it was set in the real world. History. The original characters may have been exaggerated a little, but they weren't completely alien to their respective countries. They all used real life weapons in the games, everyone except Tira, Ivy and I guess Cervantes. Overall they all belonged in the Soul Calibur world. Groh looks too much like an anime character. His design and weapon look completely out of place in a historical setting. It's Z.W.E.I. all over again.

I know I'm being knit picky. It's a fantasy game with magic swords, Lizardmen and an alchemist dominatrix. I just think they're loosing it's charm by bringing in more original and outlandish fighters. At least it's gonna have Geralt from the Witcher. That I'm excited for.
DarkMask said:
SC6 discussion
I still think it's weird to do a mid-quel game, yet introduce Fighting Game Trope #72: Evil/Devil Protagonist Mode
Pinkanator said:
I still think it's weird to do a mid-quel game, yet introduce Fighting Game Trope #72: Evil/Devil Protagonist Mode
They haven't really said where it lands in the game's timeline. Everyone has been calling it a soft reboot.
I have no idea why I can't seem to edit skill textures in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. I followed a video tutorial to the letter, and all I end up with is a mess of gitchy textures. I spent several hours last night trying to get something to work, and nothing did. I'm almost ready to give up.
So I'm pretty great at expressing myself. *cough*

My life seems an endless to-do list right now, and I don't seem to be able to stop adding things to it. I don't know how to stop ;-;

Some of the highlights:
- Get my unemployment benefits in order
- Stop screaming internally whenever someone brings up anything to do with me or my life and try to have a normal conversation about it for once (failed attempts at this are mounting up to the dozens now...)
- Get my driver's license (even though the questions make less and less sense every day to the point if I'm wondering if I'm car-dyslexic or something)
- Get a, any hobby that takes place outside the house (hiss, people)
- Organise my birthday party (which is still over a month away but everyone's lives are so fucking busy what the actual fuck)
- Figure out if and what I want to study/do with my life (help.png)

Oh and lest I forget
- Put on some goddamned pants. No, pajama pants don't c- neither do yoga pants!!

I wanna scream, I wanna cry, but all I can do is just sit here, staring. But hey, I finally managed to type it out, so I've got that going for me, right?
DarkMask said:
Soul Caliburs 1-4 were awesome. The characters were likeable and the story was solid.
To me, SCIII was best because of Chronicle of the Sword and the effort into an organic-feeling create-a-character mode. IV felt very much like a launch title, pared back and nothing terribly interesting. I didn't even know or cared they made a 5th one.