If there will be Mc, go sorcerer or bard. Both can charm your pants off with their CHA, or charm your brain away with magic.
Hypno-Eretica said:
If there will be Mc, go sorcerer or bard. Both can charm your pants off with their CHA, or charm your brain away with magic.
DannyS said:
Also, quick check for anyone else who plans to play this, is anyone rolling a Glamour Bard? It’s pretty much entirely centered around charm magic, and with Bards already being the sex deviants of the party it seems like the low hanging fruit.

That being said, I have no shame and will gladly play that character because I love bards.
That's the plan, baby. Also, 3rd level bards get access to Calm Emotions, so I can stop my party members from getting their pants and/or brains charmed away by enemies, which is good.
Haven't made up my mind on class yet, but I was leaning Rogue.

Do you want us to send you character sheets once they're ready?
Question as a D&D newb : are there major differences between 3.5 and 5e ?
AnnoyinGoblin said:
Question as a D&D newb : are there major differences between 3.5 and 5e ?
The list of changes is honestly pretty huge, most classes kept their identities but have different or reworked features. Combat is almost entirely different in terms of action economy and the way many of the rolls are calculated. The best way to look at 5e as compared to previous iterations is as a simplification, for better or for worse.
DannyS said:
The list of changes is honestly pretty huge, most classes kept their identities but have different or reworked features. Combat is almost entirely different in terms of action economy and the way many of the rolls are calculated. The best way to look at 5e as compared to previous iterations is as a simplification, for better or for worse.
Oh, okay. Thanks!
I honestly think Pathfinder is a better 3.5 if you're looking for something like it. That said, I'm not going to try and stop anyone from playing.
Something I'm confused about is character sheets. firstly where and when do we make them: the campaign won't start for a while but people are talking about getting theirs ready so I'm wondering if we need them beforehand, also checking out roll20 the only way to make a character sheet is in a campaign so do i have to make a campaign solely for making a character? My last question is how in depth do we make character descriptions? I don't want to show up with either a sheet with some descriptions on hair, height, skin color, etc. or a very in depth description on physique and proportions when either arn't what others are doing.
Dentonsus said:
Something I'm confused about is character sheets. firstly where and when do we make them: the campaign won't start for a while but people are talking about getting theirs ready so I'm wondering if we need them beforehand, also checking out roll20 the only way to make a character sheet is in a campaign so do i have to make a campaign solely for making a character? My last question is how in depth do we make character descriptions? I don't want to show up with either a sheet with some descriptions on hair, height, skin color, etc. or a very in depth description on physique and proportions when either arn't what others are doing.
For a lvl 1 character sheet, I usually go to Myth-Weavers for a sheet outside of Roll20, and Character Backstory doesn't have to be too descriptive. There's only one arc before I begin the actual campaign. Character description, just go with the basics and whatever is sexy about them.
When we roll for stats are we just rolling them up on our own with the expectation that we aren’t fudging the numbers? Or are we going to roll them in a session 0 environment where you can oversee the process.
DannyS said:
When we roll for stats are we just rolling them up on our own with the expectation that we aren’t fudging the numbers? Or are we going to roll them in a session 0 environment where you can oversee the process.
session zero environment.
someguy231 said:
Setting is in the Forgotten Realms, in the continent of Kara-Tur (FR Asia) and starting in the country of Kozakura (FR Japan, Ashikaga period), and time period is starting at 1359.
Going way back to the first post in this thread but for determining little details in my characters backstory, I know almost nothing about this setting. The only 5e games I've run or been a part of were homebrewed or took place on the sword coast, so will it matter a ton if I use that region as a basis for my character?
rip me over here in straya
Have there been any developments as far as scheduling goes? I'm pretty flexible time-wise but as we get into April we should start trying to nail down what days are good for the most people.
Just posting to ask how this is coming. I'm pretty sure this is past the promised time schedule of when we should have started but i would just like some kind of update. Is this dead? Do you need more time? Hoping to hear soon